True Survival

Spider

Just wanted to report that with a clean 16.2 7DTD installation and a clean copy of any of the available full mod installs (launcher or direct download) that they work fine however I'm still getting an error when loading the game that reads:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

C:\7D2D\True_Survival\True_Survival_A16.2\Data\UMATextures\TraderCaitlin_0_d.png".

I could swear I remember seeing this file in earlier builds, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

EDIT: After doing some research, this seems to be a 7DTD error. Sorry!

EDIT 2: I was able to extract TraderCaitlin_0_n.png from the assets file, renamed it and placed it in the listed directory and the error went away.

Edited by Deven (see edit history)

Found a trader and entered the compound right as a runner attacked and started pounding on the compound doors.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the following errors that started spamming the console or not:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22533[/ATTACH]

The error reads:

"NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

EDIT

I wonder if it has anything to do with this console error I get when i load the game:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22534[/ATTACH]

I get the same error (console-spam) as soon as i enter the trader.

Log says:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

P.S. Thank you Spieder for the hard work on this mod - i don´t play vannila 7d2d anymore - its just a basics tutorial for your masterpiece

Now the mod is released can you point me toward which file to increase profession page drop or to decrease amount required for next profession please?

I knew where it was on older release. I cannot find in Loot.xml now. The amount is too high when playing SP for me.

Great work again btw, much appreciated. Never play without it.

Cheers

Now the mod is released can you point me toward which file to increase profession page drop or to decrease amount required for next profession please?

I knew where it was on older release. I cannot find in Loot.xml now. The amount is too high when playing SP for me.

Great work again btw, much appreciated. Never play without it.

Cheers

I think you'll find that the crafting a profession book being gated behind having a research tables a bigger hurdle than gathering 10 skillbooks. However the file you'll want to look into would be recipes.xml. Hope that helps!

I think you'll find that the crafting a profession book being gated behind having a research tables a bigger hurdle than gathering 10 skillbooks. However the file you'll want to look into would be recipes.xml. Hope that helps!

Sorry, I still don't see it. get no search results for book,skill, or profession... in that file?

@Deven-

The Research Desk is only planks,nails and glue. You could have one built on your first night. The only barrier is you have to do the work, no freebies.

@obsidianmcbovril-

I would recommend you try it like it is. I increased its drop chance and also gave almost everywhere a chance to drop it. Also you can scrap the "For Dummies" XP Books for Skill Paper and craft the Skill Papers into Profession Pages. So the Profession Pages drop more often and you have another source to collect them. You didn't find enough in TSA15 I would like the player to learn a few professions before they have reached end game.

@Deven-

The Research Desk is only planks,nails and glue. You could have one built on your first night. The only barrier is you have to do the work, no freebies.

@obsidianmcbovril-

I would recommend you try it like it is. I increased its drop chance and also gave almost everywhere a chance to drop it. Also you can scrap the "For Dummies" XP Books for Skill Paper and craft the Skill Papers into Profession Pages. So the Profession Pages drop more often and you have another source to collect them. You didn't find enough in TSA15 I would like the player to learn a few professions before they have reached end game.

That's fair enough. I guess I was thinking about the older way. I never reached a 2nd profession on that without giving myself 10 pages when I'd collected 10.

@Deven-

@obsidianmcbovril-

Great mod and thank you for your work. I find it easier to find 10 skill books and scrap 'em than to find the necessary amount of glue needed for the table. Probably just bad/good luck, depending how you look at it :)

Couple more things to report:

1) wildBeans doesn't have an inventory icon

2) the quest name/text for the plank quest is missing, although I did go ahead and fix mine locally, something like this

<quest id="quest_BasicSurvival24" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Building with Planks" subtitle_key="Building with Wooden Planks" description_key="Building or patching up a defensive structure becomes much more viable with large planks. Craft two types of large wooden planks to learn their value in fortifying a base." icon="ui_game_symbol_armor_leather" category_key="quest">

Installing the mod is 1 click of 1 button. It's incredibly easy.

Here is what I recommend doing.

1) Remove 7D2D from your system completely & manually delete any remaining files in the 7D2D folder that are left after uninstalling.

2) Re-DL 7D2D on Steam.

3) After it's finished downloading, right click and go to Properties -> Betas -> Choose 16.2. Wait for the game to downgrade back to 16.2.

4) Now open 7D2D launcher and expand the "True Survival" on the top left. Highlight True Survival 16.2 and UN-Check "Use UAC" then click Play.

Do these steps

Found a trader and entered the compound right as a runner attacked and started pounding on the compound doors.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the following errors that started spamming the console or not:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22533[/ATTACH]

The error reads:

"NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

EDIT

I wonder if it has anything to do with this console error I get when i load the game:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22534[/ATTACH]

I get the same error (console-spam) as soon as i enter the trader.

Log says:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

P.S. Thank you Spieder for the hard work on this mod - i don´t play vannila 7d2d anymore - its just a basics tutorial for your masterpiece

For the exception that happens on game load, it's looking for "TraderCaitlin_0_d.png" in Data/UMAtextures. There is no such folder under the Data folder.

I don't know if this is related or not to the exception we're getting when we enter a traders compound but there errors persist even if you leave the area.

This pretty much breaks the game and the only solution for now is to start over.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

I tried what daydark said... Without success. My understanding is that the mod and the game are currently in an unstable state which may requires:

1 - A specific install order. Starting from scratch does not work for me. So I suspect perhaps one needs to start with 16.0 then 16.1 then 16.2 then 16.3 then back to 16.2... Files are missing otherwise as stated by Deven in the first post of the previous page. I can confirm this. Steam "validation" does not download the missing file.

2 - Using the "manual" SP/MP version of the files provided by Spider on the first page of this thread does not work. Just extracting the archive over the game files (while respecting structure of course) cause the game to hang while loading the menu stating an error related to "potatoes" and the file "Blocks.xml"

3 - 7D2D Launcher is unstable for me. Version 1.0.3.13 only starts correctly the first time after a fresh install. Further attempts at starting does nothing. Cursor flash briefly and the app do not load. To fix it, I have to uninstall and reinstall it. Then repeat this process...

4 - The "manual" version of 7D2D Launcher provided by the third option on the app thread is an older version (1.0.2.x). This version can be run without problem on my system (closing and restarting) but attempting the install the mod with it does not work: It download the files then hang there until closed via the task manager. Closing it via the upper right "x" just close the window but the actual process stays active consuming 1 core of processing power until terminated. Attempting to restart the whole process does the same thing.

5 - A specific Windows version. I run Windows 10 64 bit version 1607...

6 - Specific dependencies not provided by the game or 7D2D Launcher.

7 - Specific services not activated by 7D2D Launcher.

8 - Specific files and folders NTFS security permission.

9 - Specific folder structure. For example, everything must be on C drive or in a specific folder possibly without space character in the name and/or no dynamic NTFS links.

All in all, the results are the same: The game either hang while loading the main menu or at "Waiting for server..." and the console pop up with error messages related to "potatoes" and the file "Blocks.xml".

I was able to play once on the test server of True Survival when the latest version of the game was still A16.2.

Vanilla game starts fine though the message in point 1 is still present.

I have hope that the kinks can be fixed in future release of the mod/7D2D Launcher. I give up for now unless someone can come up with a solution in the mean time. I may try other things in the near future but, due to my 1995 internet connection, doing a fresh install of the game with the mods takes a little under 8 hours. Not exactly what I would call simple and fast.

Edited by Galenmacil (see edit history)

Help needed. I used the launcher (advanced feature) I did make sure to sync the mod. As the game loads I get nonstop missing method exception errors, also messages saying items failed to load, and then I cannot get passed creating player. When the game loads it says it is 16.2 B7 I have EAC disabled. What else should I do?

If you are not already, make sure you are using the mod launcher in the copy mode. It creates a new folder rather than using the default one in the steam folder. That's what I do and i have had no issues.

I tried what daydark said... Without success. My understanding is that the mod and the game are currently in an unstable state which may requires:

1 - A specific install order. Starting from scratch does not work for me. So I suspect perhaps one needs to start with 16.0 then 16.1 then 16.2 then 16.3 then back to 16.2... Files are missing otherwise as stated by Deven in the first post of the previous page. I can confirm this. Steam "validation" does not download the missing file.

2 - Using the "manual" SP/MP version of the files provided by Spider on the first page of this thread does not work. Just extracting the archive over the game files (while respecting structure of course) cause the game to hang while loading the menu stating an error related to "potatoes" and the file "Blocks.xml"

3 - 7D2D Launcher is unstable for me. Version 1.0.3.13 only starts correctly the first time after a fresh install. Further attempts at starting does nothing. Cursor flash briefly and the app do not load. To fix it, I have to uninstall and reinstall it. Then repeat this process...

4 - The "manual" version of 7D2D Launcher provided by the third option on the app thread is an older version (1.0.2.x). This version can be run without problem on my system (closing and restarting) but attempting the install the mod with it does not work: It download the files then hang there until closed via the task manager. Closing it via the upper right "x" just close the window but the actual process stays active consuming 1 core of processing power until terminated. Attempting to restart the whole process does the same thing.

9 - Specific folder structure. For example, everything must be on C drive or in a specific folder possibly without space character in the name and/or no dynamic NTFS links.

All in all, the results are the same: The game either hang while loading the main menu or at "Waiting for server..." and the console pop up with error messages related to "potatoes" and the file "Blocks.xml".

I was able to play once on the test server of True Survival when the latest version of the game was still A16.2.

I have hope that the kinks can be fixed in future release of the mod/7D2D Launcher. I give up for now unless someone can come up with a solution in the mean time. I may try other things in the near future but, due to my 1995 internet connection, doing a fresh install of the game with the mods takes a little under 8 hours. Not exactly what I would call simple and fast.

I am sorry you are having trouble with the mod.

What kind of Anti-virus software do you have?

I would recommend to everyone to use the Mod Launcher to install the mod. The Mod has a lot of files now that go in a lot of places and missing or miss placing one file will make it not work. I have confirmed the Launcher loads the mod correctly and many many others are using it without issue.

I will not be giving instructions on how to change game features for now. I just spent a long time getting all that to work and I'm not interested in taking more time to explain to you how to undo it. I'm not going to stop you or complain if your doing it have at it that's why i released the files, I will even tell you if you haven't figured it out after its been out a while but for now I would like people to try it as prepared unless they have the know how to change it themselves.

Enjoying the new version of the mod!

Here are a couple things i found that need fixing in recipe or skill descriptions:

Research Table: Profession Page : the description says you need 20 pages but you only really need 10 (these are the scrapped skillbook pages)

Skills : Science/Engineering : Woodbuilding : The description says you learn nails/planks at level 10 but the quest chain only has 3 levels to complete and you learn the nails/planks recipes when the 3rd one is finished.

On a separate note: I started three different games in single player and in every game i had a buzzard attacking me before i could even get my profession chosen. Two of those games also had NPC/Bandit's attacking me in the first couple minutes. Maybe i just got really unlucky in the random gen but this seems pretty harsh if it were to happen to someone completely new to the mod.

You're shifting the blame repeatedly from yourself to the mod. Everyone else who followed the install instructions isn't having any issues.

I found that building a workbench uses nails, glue, planks and components, but if you dismantle it with a screwdriver you harvest forged iron among other things.

I also noticed to build minibike components such as seat and handlebars, there are two recipes for each. One seems to be a copy of the other with a few extra ingredients. Not sure if this is a double up or if different recipes apply for different workstations? I haven’t tested it yet and I won’t be able to until later.

Bandits seem to sneak up on me without much sound, more so than Z’s. If that’s intentional, then you certainly have me looking over my shoulder at all times now!

Fun tip: Welder tool makes a great grass harvester. Just point and collect!