True Survival

Spider

Are those files then where game wants them to be regarding log file?

I have three files in that UMATextures folder: TraderCaitlin_0_d.png, TraderCaitlin_0_n.png, TraderCaitlin_0_s.png

Tho it might be something else, maybe bug in vanilla or something, I haven't got that error yet.

@Deven-

Well never herd of that, if true then there is nothing I can do. There is nothing wrong with the Mod or Files. The problem would be from improperly installing the game/mod. Operator Error!

@Erik Louden-

You haven't answered any of my questions

Are those files then where game wants them to be regarding log file?

I have three files in that UMATextures folder: TraderCaitlin_0_d.png, TraderCaitlin_0_n.png, TraderCaitlin_0_s.png

Tho it might be something else, maybe bug in vanilla or something, I haven't got that error yet.

No there is no such folder and file in the data folder after installing 16.0, 16.1, 16.2 or 16.3.

The issue was not there till I installed true survival.

@Spider

The game is installed and I can play (there are no crashes).

The only issue I've run across so far is I got null reference spamming in the console when I entered a trader's compound.

It is not just me, someone else's had the same null ref error (a few pages back when I first brought it up).

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

Edit and answer:

The vanilla game generates those files itself on the fly when launched first time IF there is UMATextures named folder under Data folder - this applies to 16.2, didn't test 16.3...

If that folder is missing then there is console error when starting game and it won't generate them.

But if I create that folder manually then in next game start it generates those 3 png files there on the fly.

So just create folder named UMATextures under Data folder manually and start game.

Original post:

You are absolutely right, my 16.2 and 16.3 vanilla archive folders are missing that too, 16.2 has the folder but no files and 16.3 don't have even that UMATextures folder.

I used Launcher to download True Survival from Steam so it loaded whole game + mod and that game folder has them.

PS. I send private message with link to those 3 png files so you can put them in place manually.

Edited by Vastarakki (see edit history)

A few things I noticed so far:

- NPCs/bandits only seem to stand there when attacked by zombies, and don't attack back

- female bandits also use the male voice

- the goreblocks (and NPC corpses) have one redundant downgrade that looks the same (before downgrading to the bones stage), so you basically have to destroy the same block twice.

- there's no recipe for the firemanaxe (which is supposed to unlock for the fireman profession)

- the 3 firearms basic survival quests can't complete cause the requirement ("holding" the weapon) applies to all objectives, here's a fix for anyone who wants to apply it manually, just replace basic survival quests 21 to 23.

<!-- Basic Survival 21 - Craft and use craftedRevolver /> -->
   <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival21" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Surviving with a crafted Revolver" subtitle_key="Crafted Revolver" description_key="In True Survival Firearms are hard to come by, especially in early game. To help you survive you can hand craft your first set of firearms. Get started by crafting a crafted Revolver and killing some zombies." icon="ui_game_symbol_CraftedRevolver" category_key="quest">
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRevolverStock" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRevolverBarrel" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="revolver_cylinder" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="revolver_parts" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRevolver" value="1" />
       <reward type="Quest" id="quest_BasicSurvival21b" stage="aftercomplete" />
   </quest>    
   <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival21b" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Surviving with a crafted Revolver" subtitle_key="Crafted Revolver" description_key="In True Survival Firearms are hard to come by, especially in early game. To help you survive you can hand craft your first set of firearms. Get started by crafting a crafted Revolver and killing some zombies." icon="ui_game_symbol_CraftedRevolver" category_key="quest">        
       <objective type="ZombieKill" value="3" />
       <requirement type="Holding" id="craftedRevolver" />
       <reward type="Exp" value="400" />
       <reward type="SkillPoints" value="1" />
   </quest>
   <!-- Basic Survival 22 - Craft and use Blunderbuss /> -->
   <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival22" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Surviving with a blunderbuss" subtitle_key="blunderbuss" description_key="In True Survival Firearms are hard to come by, especially in early game. To help you survive you can hand craft your first set of firearms. Get started by crafting a blunderbuss and killing some zombies." icon="ui_game_symbol_blunderbuss" category_key="quest">
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="blunderbuss" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="blunderbussAmmo" value="5" />
       <reward type="Quest" id="quest_BasicSurvival22b" stage="aftercomplete" />
   </quest>
   <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival22b" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Surviving with a blunderbuss" subtitle_key="blunderbuss" description_key="In True Survival Firearms are hard to come by, especially in early game. To help you survive you can hand craft your first set of firearms. Get started by crafting a blunderbuss and killing some zombies." icon="ui_game_symbol_blunderbuss" category_key="quest">
       <requirement type="Holding" id="blunderbuss" />
   </quest>    
   <!-- Basic Survival 23 - Craft and use craftedRifle /> -->
   <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival23" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Surviving with a craftedRifle" subtitle_key="Surviving with a crafted Rifle" description_key="In True Survival Firearms are hard to come by, especially in early game. To help you survive you can hand craft your first set of firearms. Get started by crafting a crafted Rifle and killing some zombies." icon="ui_game_symbol_craftedRifle" category_key="quest">
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRifle_stock" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRifle_receiver" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRifleBarrel" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="revolver_parts" value="1" />
       <objective type="FetchKeep" id="craftedRifle" value="1" />
       <reward type="Quest" id="quest_BasicSurvival23b" stage="aftercomplete" />
   </quest>
   <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival23b" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Surviving with a craftedRifle" subtitle_key="Surviving with a crafted Rifle" description_key="In True Survival Firearms are hard to come by, especially in early game. To help you survive you can hand craft your first set of firearms. Get started by crafting a crafted Rifle and killing some zombies." icon="ui_game_symbol_craftedRifle" category_key="quest">
       <requirement type="Holding" id="craftedRifle" />
   </quest>    

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

@owl79-

HA! I have stared at those buffs trying to figure out why they weren't working for a long time. Never considered the requirement for holding would apply to the gathering and crafting part. Nice catch thanks this will fix a couple other quest problems too. Thanks I'll have all this fixed in the next patch.

Found some more:

- the floating waterPlant blocks can be fixed with this offset (taken from another block that uses the same model):

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,-0.02,0" />

- I'm guessing plantedSunflower is supposed to grow into smallSunflower, not itself

- in the skills window, the katana skill is called machete and has the same description

- some crops are set to collide with movement/rockets etc, some aren't - oversight?

- woodLogPillar100 needs wood AND planks to repair, cause it extends from woodmaster (that also causes it to drop extra sticks on harvest). The narrowLog can't be repaired, I think they should also be repairable with wood now, since they're a legit building block too. Btw, how building with logs works is pretty ingenious, really immersive.

Edit and answer:

The vanilla game generates those files itself on the fly when launched first time IF there is UMATextures named folder under Data folder - this applies to 16.2, didn't test 16.3...

If that folder is missing then there is console error when starting game and it won't generate them.

But if I create that folder manually then in next game start it generates those 3 png files there on the fly.

So just create folder named UMATextures under Data folder manually and start game.

Original post:

You are absolutely right, my 16.2 and 16.3 vanilla archive folders are missing that too, 16.2 has the folder but no files and 16.3 don't have even that UMATextures folder.

I used Launcher to download True Survival from Steam so it loaded whole game + mod and that game folder has them.

PS. I send private message with link to those 3 png files so you can put them in place manually.

Can you send me the links too please? i have the same problem too :(

Unhandled Exception True Survival

Hi, I am having an issue starting the game when I restart my computer. Basically what happens then is that the Xui and Xui_Menu folders get locked somehow. So when I try to start the game through the modlauncher I get this warning "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." (http://imgur.com/a/Z5Y2y) and here's my log file (https://pastebin.com/GsfME85z)

and here is what the 2 folders say when I try to open, change or remove them;

"Location is not available (title). C\... \XUI is not accessible. Access is denied." so I'm locked out from these folders and so is the launcher, I don't know why though because I have Admin and whatever should be needed.

Thanks for any insight into how to solve this issue, the mod itself is wonderful by the way.

just have to say this.,.... i REALLY REALLY RREEAALLLYYYY hate the black wolfs....

aa there feeling much better..

i REALLY REALLY RREEAALLLYYY hate running versions of soldier zombies. 15 or so hits to the head with a level 230 bone shiv to kill it. seriously dangerous combination of run speed and a helmet protecting his brain.

On a separate note: is it intentional that storage sacks cant be picked up like other bags/backpacks? Hitting it with an axe gives 10 or so cloth instead of picking it up so you can move it.

- - - Updated - - -

HI EVERYONE..

what tool do i need to train the " building with scrapmetal" ??

cheers

Canadus

ScrapWrench=ScrapIronBlocks

There's a critical bug that thwarts cement building:

- pouredconcrete can never dry, cause pouredconcretemaster is missing these lines:

<property name="Class" value="UpgradeRated"/>

<property name="UpgradeRated.ToBlock" value="concreteMaster"/>

<property name="UpgradeRated.Rate" value="4"/>

instead, when you try to upgrade any shape of pouredconcrete while wet with a reinforcedconcretebar, it directly turns into a square wet reinforced concreteblock, since pouredconcretemaster is set to upgrade into pouredRconcretemaster.

- it also only has 200hp, the material is set to wood, and the repair items to plank instead of cementmix, as if it still only was the unfilled cementform.

- cementformmaster and cementformblock are set to upgrade directly into concreteblock instead of pouredconcreteblock

- there are no recipes for the forgedFrames (except for the square basic one), so they can't unlock

- The rebar frames really could use more shapes now, since you can't upgrade concrete into reinforced directly anymore. The selection is generally a bit limited in all materials (e.g. no eighth, quarter, centered pole etc). I realize the new system uses up a lot of extra block IDs, but maybe a bit of expansion is still possible for at least rebar and maybe steel?

- I don't like that I'm forced to build and upgrade 100 *square* blocks for each material first, that's a waste of a lot of material if you generally build with more shapes than that. It'd be better to add more allowed shapes to the quest (and let those recipes unlock at the earlier step too) - if it's even possible, at least I saw an OR function in the requirement group for the Lumberjack quest?

- and maybe a tiny tweak for gameplay: the boneshivs breaking THAT fast in the beginning just translates into tedium, not difficulty, since they're not hard to replace with just another bone.

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)