True Survival

Spider

So, just a general impression so far. Starting kits seem good, nothing too op. Zombies are great now that horde night is back in full swing. The size of the hordes astounds me and is awesome, especially the wandering hordes. Progression of skills seems good. Nutrition system is a great addition, although xyth thinks the speed bonus is too much, maybe tone it down to 125 percent from 150 percent. Wellness goes up fast once you get the hang of what foods to make but thats balanced by the difficulty of the zombies. Loot is quite varied and its worthwhile to scavenge alot. So, all in all its lookin pretty stable, looking forward to the addition of trader quests and more content you have planned(ie npcs you know i love em). If anyone has issues continue to let spider or me know or post here. Feedback would be welcome as well. Just remember, the mod is for everyone, not just you lol. And where the heck are you unlikem? Youre supposed to be testing lol.

Please reset ID 76561198030750290. Thanks! Still lost on what I should be doing from the beginning. Dying a ton and there seems to be no way to increase wellness with all the resources either gone or extremely scarce. I don't have any idea what I should be spending skill points in to as well. Took me several days to figure out how to even use sticks in a useful manner. Still seeing a great deal of running zeds right from the get go.

Thanks for your work, this mod will definitely be one of the best for 7 Days.

@Deven-

I try to make it so there is no one path you must take to survive. Just try and survive the day. Do what ever needs doing to survive the next few game hours. And dont feel bad, running away screaming like a little girl is a legitimate play style in this mod and is sometimes the only way to survive. Spend your points on whatever will help you immediately stay alive in your current situation. Remember if you get any Bad Diet Buffs you will not be able to gain Wellness from any foods or drinks. So its important to stay healthy, no living on corn bread and can foods for long or it will hurt you. Learn the new food system and what foods break down to what servings. Also this isn't a shootem up style mod, this is a more semi-realistic "life's a bitch then you die" Walking Dead Style Mod. So don't think your Rambo and can take on 5 zombies with a level 10 wooden bow 5 arrows and your first wooden club, you'll get eaten alive.

@naxter60-

Good bug catches all get them in the next update. Thanks

@Darkstardragon-

Ya where is Unlikem? He is usually first one on for testing. I wonder where he is that's very un like him. (had to lol)

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

As for feedback then, I like that there is such a wide variety of items to gather it keeps encouraging us out to scavenge. Even when we are high(er) level and are swimming in crops and high wellness, we still struggle to have a complete or good quality gun. I am yet to find a hunting knife. Keeping that element of constantly needing to venture further and further to find 'that one piece' you need , having to improvise with what you have in the meantime, and having to make sacrifices with what to carry in your pack keeps the game interesting and variable. Its a good balance.

Spider,

I started on the server with no starting items and no quests! I need my profile reset. Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:8027573

That's not your steamID, but i reset you anyway. Its 76561197976320874/minisith

down for me too.

Meanwhile more bugs I have found:

Corrugated metal sheet disappears in forge and doesn't register in iron count. Same for metal rubbish bins

1 Protein serving in prep table creates 5 protein points. Then you extract 1 protein serving and do it again. etc..

2Spider

I wrote to you in PM, but received no response,

so I'm not sure if you need this:

But i found few more bugs:

No icons:

cntusmedicinecabinet

craftedrevolverbarrel

craftedrevolverstock

iron shiv

partsauger_bladediamond

lightbulb

halberd

brickbuildingskill

Other:

"Use" action on steakknife

strange recipe - baby chiken = (3 cloth fragment +2 candles)*360 min

when scraping 2 potatoes = 1 veggieserving; scraping 1 potato = 1 veggieserving

Same thing with scraping meat to proteine

Brickbuilding quest - 2nd stage - making 1 frame gives max skill

woodbuilding quest- 2nd stage - making 1 frame gives max skill

I was wondering if it's possible to import a Unity CS script, add it to the player spawn function/GameObject that will automatically delete a players save based on their Steam64 ID if they attempt to spawn into the world with a wellness <= 0. You'd save you the hassle of having to manually delete player's saves.

PS: The server has been restarted twice, Spider personally responded to my post, several people have been reset yet I STILL have to be reset after asking TWICE. I get it - I'll piss off.

PSS: Thanks and sorry about the rant.. Thank you for the reset.

Edited by Deven (see edit history)

I was wondering if it's possible to import a Unity CS script, add it to the player spawn function/GameObject that will automatically delete a players save based on their Steam64 ID if they attempt to spawn into the world with a wellness <= 0. You'd save you the hassle of having to manually delete player's saves.

PS: The server has been restarted twice, Spider personally responded to my post, several people have been reset yet I STILL have to be reset after asking TWICE. I get it - I'll piss off.

Sorry I missed ya on the first pass. Not my job so don't shoot the volunteer. Gimme a minute and retry

I wait for it so hard.For me 7 days is only singleplayer game (love when ppl dodge horde nights by log off......)This mod sounds hard so i hope i will get it to my hand soon :)

When the server is dead is dead and first time on server is hoard nite, no thanks. I don't have time to be on alot for multiplayer and I enjoy the build up to hoard night.

But since I enjoy this mod I'll be on the server a little till single player come out for this mod. I was playing vanilla, but it is not as fun as this mod.

Hay peps sorry I haven't been on much this week kinda busy with some life stuff. I should be back to modding near the end of the week to do another big update. After that if all goes well we will do one more Test Play of end game mechanics for a week or 2. Thanks for all the feed back and bug reports I'll get to them soon.

Hay peps sorry I haven't been on much this week kinda busy with some life stuff. I should be back to modding near the end of the week to do another big update. After that if all goes well we will do one more Test Play of end game mechanics for a week or 2. Thanks for all the feed back and bug reports I'll get to them soon.

He Spider, after the test server are you going to keep an official mod server up for us all to play on :-D ?

A couple more things i've noticed that might be bugs;

- Inventory menu can be very laggy when searching for items. It has actually got me killed a couple of times as it can hang for a couple of seconds when starting to type out the item you are wanting to search and craft. This is on a i7 / 16GBD DDR3 / 970 GTX setup.

- Sometimes when zombies run at me they go into the animation of eating my corpse and just stay there instead of attacking me.

Also, I know this is subjective but I do feel that too many of the zombies run during the day. I know I kind of touched on this earlier but It is my only complaint. As a new player joining the server I am constantly been chased when i'm outside and then inside we have buggy sleepers constantly respawning. It isn't one specific zombie type, it just feels like only 1 or 2 of the 50 i might see in one game day move at walking speed.

Other than this, the balance feels rock solid. I love the nutrition / revamped wellness system. I love that crafting to improve item level is back and there is just so much content. True Survival actually makes me explore, loot every single container and break everything I can find apart.

@spider, do you need a hand with any of the audio for the game? I could definitely improve the pistol sound, revolver I think (i'm a sound designer). PM me if you need anything.