Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

Actually some sizes will increase. (including toilets =)

Many were not wide enough to properly display the label and that is a no go.

Yeah I figured there was some reason for it. Honestly making them bigger is not the solution, but what do I know lol. Hope you guys figure something out that is proper rather than just making them bigger to accommodate text.

I have not been able to play much lately and wont be for a few months so we will see what state the game is in by then and go from there.

<buff id="firstAidLarge" duration="10" stack="extend" type="healthup" icon="ui_game_symbol_medical" name_key="firstAidLarge" description_key="firstAidLargeDesc" tooltip_key="firstAidLargeTooltip" causes="firstAidLarge">

<modify id="1" stat="health" amount="1" rate="1"/>

</buff>

should be firstAidKit (item name) not firstAidLarge (buff name)

As I look into buffs.xml, infection seems to take 10 days to die on default day long setting.

Though I don't know this is TFP's ideal or not, it is easy to fix this game to 7 days to die.

As far as I understand, the name comes from the 7 day cycle of feral hordes, not the time it takes to die from infection. Basically you have 7 days to prepare for the inevitable onslaught. ;)

I hope your family and friends are ok and everything. As far as I know the fires are under control now, lets just hope it stays that way.

Yea, my brother and g/f were living/working up there in a 5th wheel RV. They were spared the initial infeno as they were some distance north of the city. The fire is anything but under control and has recently moved north (in one section) and is now threatening the Suncor & Syncrude plant sites as well as the area my bro was at, they were safely evacuated this Monday past. Not sure the status of his RV as he had to leave it behind.

Yea, my brother and g/f were living/working up there in a 5th wheel RV. They were spared the initial infeno as they were some distance north of the city. The fire is anything but under control and has recently moved north (in one section) and is now threatening the Suncor & Syncrude plant sites as well as the area my bro was at, they were safely evacuated this Monday past. Not sure the status of his RV as he had to leave it behind.

Yeah after they said that it was safe to have people return then I guess the wind came and brought the fire back again. I also heard there was an explosion that destroyed 10 houses, I have not heard anything about injuries or anything so far though which is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (5/20/16)

Version 3.12

+Buffs

Fixed causes:

<buff id="firstAidLarge" duration="10" stack="extend" type="healthup" icon="ui_game_symbol_medical" name_key="firstAidLarge" description_key="firstAidLargeDesc" tooltip_key="firstAidLargeTooltip" causes="firstAidKit">

<modify id="1" stat="health" amount="1" rate="1"/>

</buff>

Concrete Mix - Duplicate Entry In recipes.xml

<recipe name="concreteMix" count="1" scrapable="False">

<ingredient name="crushedSand" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="rockSmall" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="cement" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="concreteMix" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="cementMixer">

</recipe>

Line 826-836 in recipes.xml, concreteMix has duplicate entry that allows for making it without a Cement Mixer. I removed the first iteration and it is now restrcited to the Cement Mixer workstation. This may be by design, but I prefer to restrict it.

<recipe name="concreteMix" count="1" scrapable="False">

</recipe>

<recipe name="concreteMix" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="cementMixer">

</recipe>

Line 826-836 in recipes.xml, concreteMix has duplicate entry that allows for making it without a Cement Mixer. I removed the first iteration and it is now restrcited to the Cement Mixer workstation. This may be by design, but I prefer to restrict it.

As an MOD, this would be a good idea, but too stressful as an fix for vanilla. Concrete mixer should be one helps players' crafting, not limiting players' cragting if we go with TFP.:)

http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/post/137425804258/new-workstations-id-like-to-show-you-the-new

As an MOD, this would be a good idea, but too stressful as an fix for vanilla. Concrete mixer should be one helps players' crafting, not limiting players' cragting if we go with TFP.:)

http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/post/137425804258/new-workstations-id-like-to-show-you-the-new

I don't agree. If you can craft "concrete mix" without the cement mixer then why would you ever used that workstation for ?

I believe it is trend where some "creative"-like players prefer to build their base without having to actually get the perk, or search books, and so on. Most probably, they want a concrete-steel base, sniper rifle, and hordes of zombies coming.

The game is 4-genres-in-1 so some people will prefer a way to play rather than another.

I don't agree. If you can craft "concrete mix" without the cement mixer then why would you ever used that workstation for ?

It's very useful for building larger concrete structures, since making the concrete mix won't clog up your crafting queue. It's also the only way to make asphalt.

Remember this game is in Alpha and the systems that TFP implement from weather survival to block hit points, workstations, recipe ingredients and recipe costs down to recipe availability, everything is subject to change, even drastically if needed, once all the systems are in place and how they all mesh together is discovered then these systems can be refined and or balanced.

In particular I believe the workstations were initially implemented as a shared means for crafting blocks. Meaning as of right now the workstations were not meant to restrict crafting to the workstations only and are meant to provide people with a secondary means to increase production.

Keep in mind this is not set in stone and TFP may very well decide to restrict crafting of certain items / resources to certain workstations in the future if they so choose.

With that said, I will not change this particular mechanic of the game and call it a fix simply because it makes more sense but keep in mind this is a grey area due to the flexibility of the game in alpha stage.

If I happen to come across a mechanic that is in its infant stage due to its fresh release and it is causing issues for any reason and requires a bit of reworking or rebalancing to fix it then that is a different story.

Suggestions and feedback are always welcome here. Thank you for the feedback.

Possible bug in biomes.xml

I'm just starting to play around with the xml files and i stumbled across this thingy:

<biome name="pine_forest" biomemapcolor="#004000" >
	<weather>
		<Temperature min="-10" max="-30" prob="1"/>

Unless TFP have a weird way of calculating temperature, I smell a bug.

If I'm mistaken, just move on...

I'm just starting to play around with the xml files and i stumbled across this thingy:

<biome name="pine_forest" biomemapcolor="#004000" >
	<weather>
		<Temperature min="-10" max="-30" prob="1"/>

Unless TFP have a weird way of calculating temperature, I smell a bug.

If I'm mistaken, just move on...

That just means it has an offset from the default temp for the biome of between -10 and -30, so the pine forest is colder than average.

That just means it has an offset from the default temp for the biome of between -10 and -30, so the pine forest is colder than average.

Ah, so it means that the minimum offset can be 10 degrees lower and the maximum 30 degrees! Thanks a bunch :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure this is a bug or one like 14.6's 3 stages cobble stone upgrade.

Now, cobblestone frames need 7times hit by stone axes, 6 times hit by wrench and 5 times hit by hammer or nailgun for upgrade.

No, this is the major change in blocks from 14.6 to 14.7 and I don't think these files are upgraded to 14.7 yet. Cobblestone got a rewrite in the XML.

<block id="123" name="cobblestoneFrameMaster"> <!-- cobblestone change -->

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="cobblestoneMaster" />

<property name="Item" value="cobblestones" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="10" />

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="8" />

</property>

No, this is the major change in blocks from 14.6 to 14.7 and I don't think these files are upgraded to 14.7 yet. Cobblestone got a rewrite in the XML.

<block id="123" name="cobblestoneFrameMaster"> <!-- cobblestone change -->

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="cobblestoneMaster" />

<property name="Item" value="cobblestones" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="10" />

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="8" />

</property>

Yeah, I know that. Then, I can't be sure about that for those codes.

There is only one master block (also, non-master block) whose UpgradeHitCount isn't 5. Changing this property is very rare case in recent versions.

Yeah, I know that. Then, I can't be sure about that for those codes.

There is only one master block (also, non-master block) whose UpgradeHitCount isn't 5. Changing this property is very rare case in recent versions.

True, it is unusual. However, it changed from a 3 stage (3 block) upgrade to a single stage upgrade and I suspect that they upped the UpgradeHitCount to 8 so that it had a similar "feel" to the old 3 stage process. Of course, I'm just speculating. :)

Archived