Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

Your doing good work but a developer is actually trying to understand and listen and actually use some of said work in the actual game and instead of being patient which you needed to be to do all of the work in the first place, instead you flame him? take time and actually try to explain and work with him

You are probably right but you have no idea how frustrating it is to deal with someone I know for a fact knows just as much about the game as I do and I have done copious amounts of testing whereas they do a small test and call it working as intended especially when the test itself is clearly showing exactly what I am talking about.

I have explained these issues multiple times, maybe not directly to Gazz but I expect more from him. These are the Developers and I hold them to a higher standard and expect more from them.

Either way they fix it or they dont, I dont care anymore I have made it known and thats all I can do.

Dont get me wrong I appreciate the fact that well Gazz mainly is the only one who takes time out to actually look at what we have discovered and needs fixing but he knows that I know what I am talking about, but he makes it sound like I dont with his replys when he sais stuff like

"Is there an actual use case? A block where this is happening? " when I already stated it was any damage you do to a block over the remaining hp is calculated for giving resources.

or "No, that's not what I mean. Which block in the vanilla game is an example of that so I can see it? "

when I said that the use case is that harvest over damage true is default for harvesting any and all blocks

or how about "So the answer is "every tree". I can try that."

when i said again I dont think you understand, in the vanilla game the harvestOverDamage code is the default setting for all blocks, the code does not have to be present on the blocks for it to be the default setting.

which is something he already knows mind you

and then after the test is complete he posts the results saying they are fine and in the test he shows using harvest count modifiers not an actual controlled test to begin with not that that matters much since the results will still show the broken code at work

its like pulling teeth to get something looked at and fixed.

And like I said I do appreciate it Gazz I really do but god damn.

and then after the test is complete he posts the results saying they are fine and in the test he shows using harvest count modifiers not an actual controlled test to begin with not that that matters much since the results will still show the broken code at work

You specifically said not to use any modifiers from skills.

This was a new game so there were none but for completeness' sake I used tools with a range of modifiers.

The results were right on the mark.

TBH this looks more like a prank than a bug report.

If you still want to report this "bug", try the bug forum but do provide repro steps that actually work.

Are you fing with me, cause I am not wrong. And if it is that much trouble I can fix it myself either way so its not a huge deal just pointing it out cause you have multiple people posting about harvest not working properly with tools, iron tools giving more than steel etc. The results were not on the mark.

If you cant see the issue its fine you guys can figure it out on your own eventually if you guys actually do the tests proper like I had said.

Try with a awning block but set the resource count to the exact amount that it costs to craft. See if you get more than what it actually costs to craft. That is without harvest count bonus.

This issue only cropped up when you guys added HarvestOverDamage code.

Another eg is if i want a tree to give exactly 150 resources on harvest it will not give me exactly 150 resources. That is with me removing any harvest bonus code what so ever.

I dont know exactly what is wrong with the code but setting HarvstOverDamage to false returns nearly double the resources. I dont think that is working as intended either.

here is the thread where i did extensive controlled tests https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?70218-DLL-Editing-Help

After all the test are done this is the post that DnaJur sais that the last hit is causing the issue due to the value not being properly clamped.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?70218-DLL-Editing-Help&p=707704&viewfull=1#post707704

We suspect that the damage that is dealt over the remaining HP of the tree is being calculated into harvest count.

The math is correct yes but the issue remains and thus the results are not on the mark.

Using DnaJur's Fix I have had 0 issues so far with harvest counts. All tools does not matter how much damage they do will always return the specified resources because that is the whole point of being able to specify amounts of resources.

And people wonder why I get frustrated. Anyone else want to step in here cause I am done.

Another eg is if i want a tree to give exactly 150 resources on harvest it will not give me exactly 150 resources. That is with me removing any harvest bonus code what so ever.

On the tree it was 152 from the "150" tree. That is the same because harvest amounts are no longer exact. With harvest amount scaling to like 2x, 1 or 2% are irrelevant.

I dont know exactly what is wrong with the code but setting HarvstOverDamage to false returns nearly double the resources. I dont think that is working as intended either.

You mention awning blocks but for them HarvstOverDamage=true so these are not a vanilla example, either.

You are just trolling at this point.

If you feel strongly about this, post a bug report.

With detailed repro steps to get this "bug" to show up in the vanilla game.

On the tree it was 152 from the "150" tree. That is the same because harvest amounts are no longer exact. With harvest amount scaling to like 2x, 1 or 2% are irrelevant.

You mention awning blocks but for them HarvstOverDamage=true so these are not a vanilla example, either.

You are just trolling at this point.

If you feel strongly about this, post a bug report.

With detailed repro steps to get this "bug" to show up in the vanilla game.

if it wasnt broken I wouldnt have to fix it, the awning block uses HarvstOverDamage=true because it is the default for all blocks so they fall under the same category as trees

Why does applying DanJurs fix everything if it wasn't broken, when I use his fix I get the exact amount returned? He didn't change any of the math I presume he said it was an issue with the final hit.

Why does HarvstOverDamage=false cause you to get the resource counts given on each hit plus return the full resource amount on final hit?

If I am wrong then I am sorry about all of this but something seems off when setting HarvstOverDamage=false

and it gives resources for each hit plus return the full resource amount on final hit.

maybe I just dont understand how the code works now or something and that is the only issue but to me if you specify an amount of resources that should be the amount of resources you get. Destroy code works fine with no issues.

I dont feel strongly about it specifically I feel strongly about taken seriously and not being called a troll or a prank ya dingus.

Besides I dont want to post it as a bug until I can confirm with 100% certainty that it is actually a bug because I dont understand C# code and need someone that does to take a good honest look at it from all angles and not think I am trolling or pranking that is why I brought it up to you in the first place.

If I understood C# coding I would simply post about what is actually wrong and how to to fix it rather than this back and forth hey I think this is broken, nope its not, but what about this, nope still not.

The only thing I know for 100% certainty is that if you specify a set number of resources that should be the number you get, not more not less and using his fix fixes the issue, idk how it fixes it exactly he said the issue was on final hit and that the math was good. And setting it to false gives nearly double the amount of resources if not a full double, and I only know this because I tried to fix the issue by disabling the new code HarvestOverDamage=true which is now default for all blocks by changing it to false because if the new system is percentage based or not exact or whatever and I set it to false that should turn off the new system and return resource gathering back to normal not give double. If it is just my misunderstanding that is fine that is why I brought it up to you, not to be called a troll or a prank.

So basically if HarvestOverDamage=true is default and is the new system and is percentage based or not exact or whatever then

HarvestOverDamage=false should turn off the new system which is not exact count anymore and restore harvesting back to normal which would be exact amounts instead of giving double. But in order to see that it is giving double you have to put it on a block that takes more than one hit to destroy.

Otherwise setting it to false is the same as having a destroy code which means it is completely useless because if you want to get harvest counts on each hit plus return that same amount on final hit you can use a destroy code to accomplish the same task and currently it is only on blocks that take one hit to destroy so you will never see that the issue is happening.

Thats why I though hey I should let Gazz know he will take a look at it and figure it out. Did not think you wouldn't take me seriously though.

@Gazz, I'm sure many of us would like to thank you for checking this thread out and adding these fixes to vanilla. While this thread is currently maintained by Clockwork, the unofficial fixes are a group effort by the community. I would hate for that to get lost in the drama that just transpired here.

Regards,

The Lorax

@Gazz, I'm sure many of us would like to thank you for checking this thread out and adding these fixes to vanilla. While this thread is currently maintained by Clockwork, the unofficial fixes are a group effort by the community. I would hate for that to get lost in the drama that just transpired here.

Regards,

The Lorax

Lol what you think that I will stop updating or that he will stop checking in, no he just needs to not think i am trolling and explain to me what is going on if it isnt broken because I still have a valid point about the code not working as intended until he or someone can explain to me where I am going wrong. Have I ever been known to troll about something that I think needs fixing.

Lol what you think that I will stop updating or that he will stop checking in, no he just needs to not think i am trolling and explain to me what is going on if it isnt broken because I still have a valid point about the code not working as intended until he or someone can explain to me where I am going wrong. Have I ever been known to troll about something that I think needs fixing.

Actually, I just read through the posts twice now, and you were being an difficult from the start. I'm not sure if English is your primary language or not, but you attacked Gazz long before he even suggested it was a "prank" and dismissed you. Which only came up after you said "You know if you guys cared about this game even half as much as I do you guys would have not only noticed this for yourselves but it would have already been fixed." If you want people to take you seriously, try not flaming in your posts.

Actually, I just read through the posts twice now, and you were being an difficult from the start. I'm not sure if English is your primary language or not, but you attacked Gazz long before he even suggested it was a "prank" and dismissed you. Which only came up after you said "You know if you guys cared about this game even half as much as I do you guys would have not only noticed this for yourselves but it would have already been fixed." If you want people to take you seriously, try not flaming in your posts.

That was out of frustration and I am blunt. Besides Gazz and I know each other for a fair while and he understands me. He just needs to not think I am trolling which I dont think he really does I think he just wanted to poke back which is fine I have thicker skin than that and so does he.

Just to be clear, that's not what being blunt means. I am bluntly telling you that you got dismissed because of the inflammatory language you used. Anyway, I'm not looking to breathe further life into the drama. I hope that helps you understand why you got dismissed, possibly losing the opportunity to get a potential issue fixed.

On a separate note, I do appreciate the work you do by maintaining this thread.

Regards,

The Lorax

Just to be clear, that's not what being blunt means. I am bluntly telling you that you got dismissed because of the inflammatory language you used. Anyway, I'm not looking to breathe further life into the drama. I hope that helps you understand why you got dismissed, possibly losing the opportunity to get a potential issue fixed.

On a separate note, I do appreciate the work you do by maintaining this thread.

Regards,

The Lorax

I didnt lose any opportunity and he didn't dismiss it at all he just does not see the issue yet or I do not see where I am going wrong.

He is just as stubborn as I am and that is why I got frustrated so quickly I dont see it as drama either I see it as two stubborn friends hashing out an issue they dont see eye to eye on. Besides if you cant handle me at my worst you dont deserve me at my best.

Drama is where your GF blames you for something you could do but haven't yet.

He claims there is a bug.

I can not repro it with the provided (and very long winded) description.

I told him to submit it as a "real" bug report with detailed repro steps and not mix it into this thread.

</drama>

@orange

Seems you're reporting a potential bug DNA found, and you've admitted several times you don't fully understand the bug well enough to explain it better, so maybe ask DNA to come in and explain it better?

...I agree with Lorax, you're being combative and it's not productive, which is weird considering how productive this thread, and you in particular, have been.

I'm asking that you take a deep breath, and approach the report with an objective "I've never talked to gazz before" approach.

What I am gathering, is the current harvest system /intentionally/ rounds, so that you will NOT get precise results.

He claims there is a bug.

I can not repro it with the provided (and very long winded) description.

I told him to submit it as a "real" bug report with detailed repro steps and not mix it into this thread.

</drama>

Meh I dont care about the specific issue that much I just cared that you did not think I was trolling, cause you know I wouldn't waste your time looking into something for me. That is what matters most.

I honestly dont really even expect any of the xml fixes to make it into the game TBH since they are pretty much nothing compared to the real issues that need fixing.

- - - Updated - - -

@orange

Seems you're reporting a potential bug DNA found, and you've admitted several times you don't fully understand the bug well enough to explain it better, so maybe ask DNA to come in and explain it better?

...I agree with Lorax, you're being combative and it's not productive, which is weird considering how productive this thread, and you in particular, have been.

I'm asking that you take a deep breath, and approach the report with an objective "I've never talked to gazz before" approach.

What I am gathering, is the current harvest system /intentionally/ rounds, so that you will NOT get precise results.

I will just let more capable people that really know what is going on in the C# coding figure it out. I am just the XML guy. :)

Poncho Causes NRE

Could be wrong, but I think the change that caused this was applying Unofficial XML Fixes to my dedi. Dedi is also using SMX by Sirillion and Alloc's Server Fixes, error is not unique to my client, all clients on my dedi. Ponchos seem to be bugged somehow, NRE and freeze clients if you click on one. Error code from my client below. Again, not sure what the cause is but I'm confident someone in this thread will be able to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance here! And sorry Clockwork if this is the indeed nothing to so with XML Fixes, I'm mainly here for the competency of the readers of this thread. =)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ItemActionEntryRepair.RefreshEnabled () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ItemActionEntry.set_ItemActionEntry (.BaseItemActionEntry value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ItemActionList.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_InfoWindow.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ItemInfoWindow.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.JO.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Could be wrong, but I think the change that caused this was applying Unofficial XML Fixes to my dedi. Dedi is also using SMX by Sirillion and Alloc's Server Fixes, error is not unique to my client, all clients on my dedi. Ponchos seem to be bugged somehow, NRE and freeze clients if you click on one. Error code from my client below. Again, not sure what the cause is but I'm confident someone in this thread will be able to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance here! And sorry Clockwork if this is the indeed nothing to so with XML Fixes, I'm mainly here for the competency of the readers of this thread. =)

On 16.2 or 16.3?

If the poncho looks like the cause, check to make sure that you have copied the items.xml and materials.xml from this mod.

The poncho was changed to material "animalHide" in the items.xml, a material which does not exist in the game and would cause an NRE unless the materials.xml is also copied from this mod.

Hmm... lol I think he will be back... unless I updated before he pushed download lol :)

Aha! I think I DL'd again after you pushed as it seems to be fine now. I'll now stop shaming myself for failing to simply copy/replace files. =P Thanks CW! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update (8/31/17)

Updated to A 16.3 B 12 Stable

Latest Version: 3.25

Changes I have made now include:

+Blocks

-<block id="825" name="waterMoving"> Removed duplicate <property name="Map.Color" value="20,20,120"/>

-<block id="826" name="water"> Removed duplicate <property name="Map.Color" value="20,20,120"/>

-<block id="1202" name="window03Broke3"> Removed <drop event="Destroy" count="0"/> so you receive broken glass

-<block id="1472" name="waterSource8"> Removed duplicate <property name="Map.Color" value="20,20,120"/>

-<block id="2002" name="switch"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

-<block id="2006" name="electricwirerelay"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

-<block id="2007" name="pressureplate"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

-<block id="2008" name="speaker"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

-<block id="2009" name="electrictimerrelay"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

-<block id="2017" name="pressureplateLong"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

-<block id="2020" name="spotlightPlayer"> I kept the stack number of 10 instead of removing it

+Entityclasses

-Fixed zombie limb dismemberment:

<property name="LowerLegDismemberBonusChance" value="0.09"/> from <property name="LowerLegDismemberBonusChance" value="0.9"/>

<property name="UpperLegDismemberBonusChance" value="0.09"/> from

<property name="UpperLegDismemberBonusChance" value="0.9"/>

+Items

-Changed <item id="364" name="animalHideBoots"> uses material and repair tools of animalHide

-Changed <item id="481" name="animalHidePoncho"> uses material and repair tools of animalHide

-Changed <item id="1312" name="animalHide"> uses a material of anmialHide and has a repair amount if 80

-<item id="1338" name="insulator"> I kept the stack number of 250 instead of removing it

+Materials

-Added <material id="animalHide">

+Recipes

-Added <recipe name="animalHide" count="1" tooltip="ttScrapMetalBrass" ><wildcard_forge_category /></recipe> for scraping hide clothing

+Rwgmixer

-Changed <prefab name="utility_celltower_02" max_count="1"/> to <prefab name="utility_celltower_01" max_count="1"/>

-Changed <prefab name="utility_celltower_01" max_count="2"/> to <prefab name="utility_celltower_02" max_count="2"/>

-Changed <property name="scale" value="182"/> to <property name="scale" value="255"/>

Archived