How much time do you spend mining?

I spend very little. I will generally mind some iron at the beginning and some nitrate to make a farm but that's it. After I get my wrench, I'll spend a lot of time breaking down cars. I prefer that to mining because I get the other miscellaneous things I need along with enough iron.

Wrenching to get iron works if you need very little or don't mind spending a lot of time doing it and having to go further and further away as you clear out the cars closer to your base.  Mining is significantly faster.  Now, whether or not you like mining is another question.  That's probably what will determine whether you scrap stuff for iron or mine for iron more.  If you prefer one, you'll likely do that even if it's slower.  I enjoy mining, though I don't do more than I need, and that's mostly just for iron and shale, and rock or clay if needed as well.  I never craft ammo anymore, so I find enough nitrate, coal, and lead from other means that I don't need to mine it.

Me not so much. But as we are 3-4 players our miner is down there for like 2-3 days a week. But that´s also because our home base is usually pretty big and we have a separate big horde base also. 

In SP it´s not much for me. Just what i need. Usually don´t need support beams, i just go to another node the next time in need something.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

I do a good amount of mining because I enjoy it and need the materials for all the building I do. Plus I made it extra fun when the screamers show up by doing open pit mining. They fall in hopefully screamin on the way down so I can start singing It’s Raining Zs. 

Early game, not a whole lot. Maybe a few minutes every several days to get a handful of iron, clay, or stone. By week 3-4, I'll spend more time, around 12-18 minutes every 1-2 weeks (usually hopped up on rock busters and coffee). Assuming I'm ranked decently into mining, those short trips net me all the material I'll need for a while. Some people like to do day-long mining trips to get all the material they'll need for weeks on end, but I like shorter trips to break up the flow.

In SP it kind of depends.  With some points in Salvage ops I loot and scrap a fair amount of iron anyway.  If I do need mass materials I mine long enough for a rock busters or two and some coffee once in awhile.  Strip mining is preferred but I will chase an ore vein for something particular (e.g. shale).  Clay Iron and Stone are usually it.

I usually make my base over an ore node in the center, and then build a box around that with a platform above, and spend my nights mining out resources. I keep all ofy most precious things underground and defendable horde base above.

Early game, I only mine with the stone axe if I am short some resources I need and not able to obtain it during a POI mission or looting a random POI.

When I got Iron / Steel tools, I will mine to get a stack or two of resources based on my current objectives

Once I got the auger, I will then spend a day or 2 in-between horde nights and just do a lot of resource gathering with it.

Changes though if I am building my base from scratch instead of converting a POI into one.

On 10/8/2024 at 10:02 AM, Syphon583 said:

Early game, not a whole lot. Maybe a few minutes every several days to get a handful of iron, clay, or stone. By week 3-4, I'll spend more time, around 12-18 minutes every 1-2 weeks (usually hopped up on rock busters and coffee). Assuming I'm ranked decently into mining, those short trips net me all the material I'll need for a while. Some people like to do day-long mining trips to get all the material they'll need for weeks on end, but I like shorter trips to break up the flow.

Me, I'm some people. I will mine 3 stacks of a resource then throw a stack of rock into the forge and a stack into the cement mixer for sand. I'll craft a stack of gunpowder at the chem station, technically 6 stacks, but yeah.

Not much time at all. 

Whenever I need something I set a 1000 limit for each node and dig out 3 nodes. That way I can just jump out of the holes instead of using ladders.