How many Workstations do you have? (Chem-station, Workbench, Forge)

For a two player game, one chem station, 2-3 cement mixer, 3 forges, 3 workbenches, 3 campfires.  But that is mostly just "because" and we usually aren't using all of them.  And 2 dew collectors with all mods installed.

Single player, I'll only have one of each.  I might still do 3 campfires, but only because I separate food/drink items into 3 crates under the campfires, so it is just for looks.   And 1 dew collector with all mods installed.

Screamers aren't really a big deal.  Perhaps annoying, but that is all.  I'll just drop a turret on each corner and ignore them unless I feel like some experience.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 will often have 2 forges, 2 dew collectors, and 1 of each of the rest when playing solo. When playing in a group we tend to have multiple workbenches so we can crank out ammo much faster.

I NEVER have screamers, but I am NEVER using any torches/candles/generators so my heat rarely gets high enough to trigger them.

Does heat generation increase as gamestage increases? I keep reading about people struggling with screamers and I never encounter them

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

8 forges
3 workbenches
2 concrete mixers
2 chemical stations
1 campfire
20 dew collectors

And the screamers? Yes, they are a bit annoying, but considering the timeouts between their appearances, they do not cause any problems.

14 hours ago, warmer said:

Does heat generation increase as gamestage increases? I keep reading about people struggling with screamers and I never encounter them

It was either in A18 or A19. I decided to make a road from my house to the road, and to make it look nicer I made a backlight. The length of the road was about 120 blocks and I decided to backlight every second block along the edges. I foolishly decided to make the backlight with candles. The candles were covered with a block of bulletproof glass from above. When I installed the last glass, I realized the mistake I had made. Candles give off little heat, but 120 candles produce a lot of it. The screamers came one after another, I did not always have time to kill one crowd, as I already heard another scream.

Until mid game, I make do with 1 bench, 1 chem, 1-2 forges, 2 collectors, and 1-2 mixers. However, as an impatient person, I like to have 2-3 benches and chems just to speed up production. And I almost always end up with at least 3 forges, 1 for iron/lead, 1 for brass, and 1 for cement.

I have 3 forges, 3 workbenches, 2 chemistry stations, 2 cement mixers and 2 campfires. My horde base is directly connected to my crafting base. Screamer hordes at my base are therefore annoying but not really a problem.

If I'm by myself I'll have 3 forges, one for iron and a handful of sand, one for lead and brass and another for stone. 

I have 2 cement mixers.

I have 1 workbench, but sometimes I do feel the squeeze of wanting two, but I rarely make another.

I have 1 chem station but when I make something in bulk I really do like to have 2 but I rarely make it because I'm close to starting a new game at that point. 

I have 3 campfires. One for food, one for water, and one for medicine. Placed on their respective storage boxes. Lol.

Single player. 

2 main bases. 2 horde bases.  2 mini bases (next to traders). Main bases in wasteland and forest. Mini bases in desert and burnt. I miss plains!

Stations:

5 campfires, 3 forges, 2 cement mixers, 1 chem station, 2 work benches. 

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I think there's a fantastic progression -- lay down the campfire, try to add the pot and grill, build the forge, build the workbench and cement mixer, build the chem station. I have just for the first time build a Crucible instead of finding one or getting one as a reward. The progression from no steel to steel available is so strong that I understand why the devs want to add a new material (perhaps a radioactive one). Late game, I add a second forge to build cement. Sometimes I make a second campfire. This is all for solo. 

A streamer I watch says he builds the forge ASAP to get the pot and grill, but he's doing multiplayer, and it may be easier for him to do that. At 100% loot drop, after 21 days I don't need to make ammo (but in future might make AP ammo). I would consider additional workstations if I need to make ammo or gunpowder and dive into making ammo or ammo precursors.