A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi Valmor!

I love everything about it, except the part to choose a starter pack ... how could eliminate this by keeping other mods? Thank you.

Simple.

Open the entityclasses.xml

The very first class here is called "playerMale"

Find this:

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="classKey, classSelection" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="classKey, classSelection, keystoneBlock" />

Replace with:

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="bottledWater,canChili,firstAidBandage,torch" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="bottledWater,canChili,firstAidBandage,torch,keystoneBlock" />

That will make you spawn with the same items as vanilla, nothing more nothing less.

Butcher Knife and skinning Knife.

Hey Valmar. Can you tll me what i am missing here?

<item id="1969" name="butcherKnife">

<property name="Extends" value="huntingKnife" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="butcherKnifeDesc"/>

<property class="Action0">

<property name="ToolCategory.Butcher" value="1" />

<property name="ToolCategory.ButcherExtra" value="1" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="1970" name="skinningKnife">

<property name="Extends" value="huntingKnife" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="skinningKnifeDesc"/>

<property class="Action0">

<property name="ToolCategory.Butcher" value="1" />

<property name="ToolCategory.Skinner" value="1" />

</property>

</item>

This is your code i tried incorporating into the vanilla game as i am trying to pick out parts of your mods to play with. Everytime i use this code i seem to be geting null ref errors. It worked absolutely fine with your mod pack. I've also ensured that item ID's arent conflicting

Hello Grimm.

Assuming all you added was those two items exactly as you shared them (btw they wont work in-game as intended unless you also modify the entityclasses) then it should not be causing any kind of null reference.

To confirm I copied what you shared and added it to a perfectly 100% vanilla game and I was able to load up a new game and world just fine without issue. The only way I could recreate the problem you're having, with the code you have, is if I added the code ontop of the items.xml.

Make sure you are adding it on the bottom of the file right above the </items> line.

Here is a strange question Mr purple... do you have the source files on any service like git? It would be nice to be able to see other users mod additions and fixes, and upload a few of my own.. nothing that would me made official to the mod unless you approve/merge it. But still can cherry pick some mods.

Another note about lag in crafting windows.. if you get lag.. type anything in to the quick search window, the less items shown, the less lag.. it's a game bug. Just shows more because of the amount of items the mod makes craftable

Here is a strange question Mr purple... do you have the source files on any service like git? It would be nice to be able to see other users mod additions and fixes, and upload a few of my own.. nothing that would me made official to the mod unless you approve/merge it. But still can cherry pick some mods.

Another note about lag in crafting windows.. if you get lag.. type anything in to the quick search window, the less items shown, the less lag.. it's a game bug. Just shows more because of the amount of items the mod makes craftable

I do not know how to use github. If what you desire is to cherry pick mods from my file I do have many things in it individually shared in my "Valmar's Mod Collection" topic (linked in the OP).

The closest thing I know of that is similar to what you're suggesting is StompyNZ's XML configuration tool.

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/

I recall him mentioning, I believe, that one of his goals was to allow players to modify the "source files" of a mod and make their own versions of it. How far he has gotten in that I am not certain but never the less it is something to look into if you are curious.

You can do editing on my site and save it back to the mod you are editing. If you are not an admin for the mod then it will prefix the version name you use with your steam id. The Mod Admins/Owner can see these versions in the mod settings page. Alternatively you can save it to a new mod and then have full admin rights to change the settings, edit the splash page etc.

To enable editing mode just log in with steam via the link on top right then go to any of the Code Editor or XML GUI pages. The code Editor is using code mirror and is essentially like using notepad (I still need to enable a few options like the search interface). You could also copy and paste to/from notepad into the code editor page.

When you make your first edit it will redirect to a draft version url, after that you will have a save draft button in place of the download button.

The GUI XML editor is working on about half of the pages (detailed view only), I still need to code the rest of the doc specs for some pages and add more options to the current ones. When using it I find myself using the Code editor view the most, then checking for errors and making tweaks via the XML GUI editor.

The one big drawback atm is sometimes the server is quite slow because its a cheap host with unlimited bandwidth/storage (increasing disk usage is throttled). Also if you upload a really big file it can fail due to timeout (Megacity is one the hits this limit, about 700MB disk space when unzipped), so you need to break the upload into sections if you have a lot of prefabs.

Also if you are uploading prefabs you can run Hals editor and use the generate info xml function (global functions) to generate the dimentions and blocks list that shows up on the prefab view page (the prefab images I have to upload manually atm). When using the upload function the folder struture doesnt matter, the app will move the files to the correct folders based on XML content, or file name, and png images that are the correct size for icons will be placed in the mods folder (and a modinfo.xml created if none is uploaded)

/endhijack :)

You've already gotten far enough into it to allow on-the-fly live editing? Awesometacular. I will need to look into playing around with that myself later then. Perhaps then the 7day2mod version will always have all the latest tweeks and changes with the "main" download only updating when there are enough to warrant it. Hm, the possibilities.

Server Settings

Greetings Valmor,

My wife & I have been trying this mod out for a few days now. We are noticing that the game mod itself if overwriting the server settings somehow or there just might be something in your mod that just does more then what I can find int he config files... We are noticing that settings like difficulty & zombie spawn rate aren't what we set it has, Scavenger & Very Low and was wondering if there was a way we could get the mod itself to not overwrite this. Furthermore changes like zombies running, or the bloated zombie exploding we would like to not happen until we feel like upping the difficulty. If you know how we could get the mod settings to not overwrite these settings we would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Difficulty and spawnrate shouldn't be effected. What gives you the impression that it is?

The only zombie that runs is the scorched rusher. You can disable this in the entityclasses.xml

Find:

<entity_class name="Scorched Rusher" extends="zombie01">

Remove this section of its code:

<property name="WanderSpeed" value="0.5" />

<property name="ApproachSpeed" value="0.9" />

<property name="NightWanderSpeed" value="0.8" />

<property name="NightApproachSpeed" value="1.2" />

<property name="PanicSpeed" value="1.2" />

He will no longer run.

To disable the bomber find:

<entity_class name="Bloated Walker" extends="zombie01">

Remove this line:

<property name="Class" value="EntityZombieCop" />

He will no longer go boom.

Greetings Valmor,

My wife & I have been trying this mod out for a few days now. We are noticing that the game mod itself if overwriting the server settings somehow or there just might be something in your mod that just does more then what I can find int he config files... We are noticing that settings like difficulty & zombie spawn rate aren't what we set it has, Scavenger & Very Low and was wondering if there was a way we could get the mod itself to not overwrite this. Furthermore changes like zombies running, or the bloated zombie exploding we would like to not happen until we feel like upping the difficulty. If you know how we could get the mod settings to not overwrite these settings we would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

The spawning xml is the same as vanilla from what I can see, so you shouldn't be getting any zombie spawn rate changes from the mod.

How are you setting up the game? If its as a dedi then you need to modify the serverconfig.xml in the root folder

<property name="GameDifficulty" value="0"/> <!-- scavenger -->

<property name="ZombiesRun" value="2" /> <!-- never run -->

<property name="EnemySpawnMode" value="1" /> <!-- 50% -->

Those are the three settings to adjust for what you wanted.

For the exploding zombies you need to change the class in entityclasses

class=EntityZombieCop are the three that explode, changing it to EntityZombie should stop them exploding (haven't tested to be sure)

Hi Val.

Just installed latest mod version am going away for few days this week and will have no net so can the overhaul be played without anti cheat offline? i seem to get question marks in the inventory display and tool belt and cannot read initial class book? something i`m doing wrong or?

Hi Val.

Just installed latest mod version am going away for few days this week and will have no net so can the overhaul be played without anti cheat offline? i seem to get question marks in the inventory display and tool belt and cannot read initial class book? something i`m doing wrong or?

have a look in the XUi folder there is a offline version that uses the images on the hdd.

<texture depth="500" name="ToolBeltBackground" width="854" height="145" pos="390,8" texture="@file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi\valtoolbelt.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>

you might need to adjust the location if you are not using the default install path.

Hello TJB.

My mod works without net and without EAC. Infact I almost never use EAC myself and one of my most long-term players rarely plays with an internet connection.

By default my mod grabs the Toolbelt and Inventory images from an online link. Thus if you play offline you see those question marks. This is purely a cosmetic issue but I do offer a solution.

In the 7DTD folder open the Data folder then the Config folder then the XUi folder. In this you will see three windows files

windows.xml

windows - No Images.xml

windows - Offline Version.xml

Delete windows.xml then rename the Offline Version to just windows so it replaces the original. Then load up the game and see if you still see the question marks. If you do then it must mean your steam install is at a different location than what is typical. Delete the windows.xml that you just made and this time use the No Images version.

In regards to not being able to read the class book - this has nothing to do with the "?" issue. Again, the question marks are purely cosmetic. It sounds like you have a misunderstanding of how to use the Class Selection item. You craft (click the "Recipes" button when you select it in the inventory) it into the Class you want. This will give you a class-specific briefcase that you then place on the ground and open with the key by right clicking it with the key as if you were trying to repair it. This turns it into a container you can open to get your gear.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Stompz, you're too helpful/quick for your own good sometimes. :) My mod also does add another icon beside just the toolbelt now, though. There is now one for the inventory backpack too - as subtle as it might be.

Hello TJB.

My mod works without net and without EAC. Infact I almost never use EAC myself and one of my most long-term players rarely plays with an internet connection.

By default my mod grabs the Toolbelt and Inventory images from an online link. Thus if you play offline you see those question marks. This is purely a cosmetic issue but I do offer a solution.

In the 7DTD folder open the Data folder then the Config folder then the XUi folder. In this you will see three windows files

windows.xml

windows - No Images.xml

windows - Offline Version.xml

Delete windows.xml then rename the Offline Version to just windows so it replaces the original. Then load up the game and see if you still see the question marks. If you do then it must mean your steam install is at a different location than what is typical. Delete the windows.xml that you just made and this time use the No Images version.

In regards to not being able to read the class book - this has nothing to do with the "?" issue. Again, the question marks are purely cosmetic. It sounds like you have a misunderstanding of how to use the Class Selection item. You craft (click the "Recipes" button when you select it in the inventory) it into the Class you want. This will give you a class-specific briefcase that you then place on the ground and open with the key by right clicking it with the key as if you were trying to repair it. This turns it into a container you can open to get your gear.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Stompz, you're too helpful/quick for your own good sometimes. :) My mod also does add another icon beside just the toolbelt now, though. There is now one for the inventory backpack too - as subtle as it might be.

Got that thanks and yes steam is on another disk.

I followed stompyz suggestion but is that the only line that points to the default install location? I will use the no image file if so.

ps. Consider making steam the root for scripting purposes so location errors are not an issue. not sure how to do it but i think it possible with some strings or something. not a coder so pls dont flame me:)

pps. loving G4K`s play of your mod. EXCELLENT:) and yes that made a lot of sense.

Got that thanks and yes steam is on another disk.

I followed stompyz suggestion but is that the only line that points to the default install location? I will use the no image file if so.

ps. Consider making steam the root for scripting purposes so location errors are not an issue. not sure how to do it but i think it possible with some strings or something. not a coder so pls dont flame me:)

pps. loving G4K`s play of your mod. EXCELLENT:) and yes that made a lot of sense.

The offline version has two file paths.

<!-- Toolbelt Background, remove this section if you're playing offline or don't want the toolbelt image-->

<sprite depth="1" pos="0,0">

<texture depth="500" name="ToolBeltBackground" width="854" height="145" pos="390,8" texture="@file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi\valtoolbelt.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>

</sprite>

<!--Toolbelt Background END -->

and the backpack which is a but further down in the file.

<!-- VALMOD remove if offline -->

<sprite depth="1" name="background" pos="0,0" color="[black]" type="sliced">

<texture depth="500" name="InventoryBackground" width="597" height="297" pos="3,-3" texture="@file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\xUI\inventorybg.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>

</sprite>

<!--Valmod Remove if Offline-->

Due to the way the code works I don't believe I can make it anymore dynamic. The path is static in that regard. The two images this calls on are the ones in your XUi folder - the same place you found the windows.xml

You could copy the address bar to the folder and paste it into the above the code to make it work with your custom install location.

CUSTOM ADDRESS HERE\valtoolbelt.png

CUSTOM ADDRESS HERE\inventorybg.png

I could put the image in a deeper folder that everyone is sure to have (like the root C: drive to be c:\valtoolbelt.png) but this would require more complicated install steps on the player since it would need them to go to different locations. Considering how many people have a difficult time installing the mod at all despite it being as easy as it can be possibly be (no offense to those who had a hard time) I feel adding anymore frivolous steps just to account for the small percentage of players who AREN'T online is unnecessary.

For the vast majority my standard "url" version works fine. For the few that don't play online the Offline version should work. For those rare few that have neither internet nor default installs the "No Images" version is the only option I can offer - other than personally explaining the process to get the images to work for them. You're an unique enigma in that you are both offline AND have a non-standard steam path install for the game.

I placed my bets that anyone who knows how to install the game into a non-standard steam path will likely be more acceptable to guidance on setting up custom address links if they so desire it.

If you have your heart set on having the icons and understand the basics I could help if you share the windows address used by the 7DTD folder on your system. It should be relatively simple to setup, if the above instructions weren't already enough for you to figure out. Though if you know about stuff like "root scripting" (wtf are any of these things I dont know, Im not a coder, I'm just some ignorant hick from the swamps) you likely have enough general knowledge to comprehend the steps above. Sorry if that sounds condescending, not my intent.

I do not know how to use github. If what you desire is to cherry pick mods from my file I do have many things in it individually shared in my "Valmar's Mod Collection" topic (linked in the OP).

The closest thing I know of that is similar to what you're suggesting is StompyNZ's XML configuration tool.

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/

I recall him mentioning, I believe, that one of his goals was to allow players to modify the "source files" of a mod and make their own versions of it. How far he has gotten in that I am not certain but never the less it is something to look into if you are curious.

If you like to I could explain you how to use git correctly, once you know how to use it it's very simple and makes much more simple for you, and for others like me which modify your mod for their own servers an like to integrate your updates. Trust me it's not much you need to know.

If you like to I could explain you how to use git correctly, once you know how to use it it's very simple and makes much more simple for you, and for others like me which modify your mod for their own servers an like to integrate your updates. Trust me it's not much you need to know.

I do appreciate the offer but I don't think I have it in me to learn new tricks or setup yet another resource location with my files to cater towards a small minority for whom this would be useful. Not that I don't support those who modify my pack - by all means, thats great. I love for people to tailor things to their specific liking and thats what makes modding so special. I just don't think I have the energy to put in anymore effort. I still need to sit down and figure out how to use StompyNZ's config editor and start incorporating it into my methods.

Sounds like a Whole lot of Steps not necessary to take.

this how i update my server

1.FileZilla

done

then i post a Dropbox link

Done and done

Heh, I wish I had it so simple.

Two mod versions means double the work.

1. Update the overhaul zip with the new updated overhaul config folder.

2. Update the overhaul zip with the new ValmodIcons folder in the mods folder (if added new icons)

3. Update the expansion zip with the new updated overhaul config folder.

4. Update the expansion zip with the new ValmodIcons folder in the mods folder (if added new icons)

5. Update the Overhaul Client Files zip with the new relevant xml files and icons.

6. Update the Expansion Client Files zip with the new relevant xml files and icons.

7. Replace old Client files on mediafire link with the new ones.

8. Replace the old Overhaul/Expansion mod files on media fire with the new ones.

9. Update Overhaul on Envul to newest version, include changelog.

10. Update Expansion on Envul to newest version, include changelog.

11. Post announcement on 7 Days to Die official forum topic including summery of changes and changelog.

12. Post same announcement on Steam Discussion board.

13. Make Steam Group announcement to notify those who follow the group that an update is out.

14. Poke Kalrath to update the server.

Its kinda time consuming, to be honest. :)

Core Temp

I've recently started to try and use this mod pack the overhaul version. Followed the install instructions, but my toon is always overheating. And the temp readout next to the day and time is always at 70.

I've recently started to try and use this mod pack the overhaul version. Followed the install instructions, but my toon is always overheating. And the temp readout next to the day and time is always at 70.

The temp next to the time is supposed to be the biome/outside temperature. I have noticed on a few occasions, both with this mod and vanilla UI mods as well, that the biome temp doesn't always update properly. Which biome are you in? Desert and burning will be very easy to overheat in, sometimes even without clothes. Most of the starting clothing and armor tends to add quite a bit to the body temp. Try to find a bandana, cowboy hat, and sunglasses asap, as they all reduce body temperature. If you are overheating in a snow biomes, then there is definitely something fishy going on there.

The temp next to the time is supposed to be the biome/outside temperature. I have noticed on a few occasions, both with this mod and vanilla UI mods as well, that the biome temp doesn't always update properly. Which biome are you in? Desert and burning will be very easy to overheat in, sometimes even without clothes. Most of the starting clothing and armor tends to add quite a bit to the body temp. Try to find a bandana, cowboy hat, and sunglasses asap, as they all reduce body temperature. If you are overheating in a snow biomes, then there is definitely something fishy going on there.

Even in a snow biome temp stops. No idea whats going on, i warm up to 70+ running around in the snow.

20160604135449_1.thumb.jpg.e990b9d169b3f61c10c69554b06545a6.jpg

20160604135455_1.thumb.jpg.2de791b4127d33cdbe71419e8f02ddac.jpg

Archived