A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Valmar,

I'm using the expansion version and have been confused about a sewing kit I found. It says it's used in the armory, but I couldn't find that in game. Looking at the description again the Armory workstation is only in the overhaul version I think? So is the sewing kit supposed to drop as loot or be in the expansion version at all?

Valmar,

I'm using the expansion version and have been confused about a sewing kit I found. It says it's used in the armory, but I couldn't find that in game. Looking at the description again the Armory workstation is only in the overhaul version I think? So is the sewing kit supposed to drop as loot or be in the expansion version at all?

Some things show up in the expansion even though in some ways it cant be used, for example there are survivors combination note thing used to unlock a survivors briefcase like starting a new game but it can only be found in mysterious trunks in RWG not Naz map so it is useless for me. I dont think the armory is in the expansion or I at least never seen or looked for it. At least its not a big deal and can be discarded.

Valmar,

It isn't meant to drop in the expansion pack. It's an oversight. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix that in the next update. The tanning rack is useless in the expansion pack so you can just bin it.

Just a couple of things after catching up on the thread...

The weed wacker- is there a way to increase yield thru quality of the tool? Maybe make a perk or a skill for gardening- higher yield for farming and higher yield also for wackin' the weeds.

One other- I know you can find survivor cases in the suspicious stumps, but last night I found one just sitting out in a field. Normal behavior here? Not complaining, I thought it was pretty cool. I like things that are unexpected. (LAN, Co-Op, positive my wife didn't put the case there)

Still having a blast with your pack, thanks for all the great work done here!

HarvestCount is a value in the progression.xml so it might be possible to use that somehow. Though I don't know if that would be a global effect or only touch the specific class of tool its assign to. I do like the idea of having a farming perk or skill that increases harvest gain... but only if I can make it only work on plants specifically.If it will only effect tools of a certain class I could make a new farming category for, say, the weedCleaver. Or a new farming tool specifically for this purpose.

Either way its an interesting idea and I'll make a note to investigate it at some point.

The cases should not spawn outside and should only be in stumps. Bit of a mystery why you found one that way. Though, in hindsight, that sounds like a better way than using stumps.

HarvestCount is a value in the progression.xml so it might be possible to use that somehow. Though I don't know if that would be a global effect or only touch the specific class of tool its assign to. I do like the idea of having a farming perk or skill that increases harvest gain... but only if I can make it only work on plants specifically.If it will only effect tools of a certain class I could make a new farming category for, say, the weedCleaver. Or a new farming tool specifically for this purpose.

Either way its an interesting idea and I'll make a note to investigate it at some point.

The cases should not spawn outside and should only be in stumps. Bit of a mystery why you found one that way. Though, in hindsight, that sounds like a better way than using stumps.

Maybe a pruning knife for harvesting plants and the weeder for grass?

If you play around with that, let me know how it works out Valmar. I've always meant to mess around with HarvestCount, but I've been super lazy about it.

Consider it played. It does work. For testing I made a new block that gives 10 wood on harvest. I then made a new action skill called "Harvest" and assigned it to a new tool (in my case I used my admin tool). I made it scale by huge percentages to make it more obvious if it has an effect.

I harvested it first with a normal axe to confirm it only gave the set 10 wood. Then I used my admin tool and it gave 10 wood. I then leveled up the skill to its max the tried harvesting. I got tons of more wood. It did not effect other tools, however, as they still gave the same harvest gain. Only the tool which I had assigned to this skill group would give me a benefit to harvest. This did not effect the "destroy" event, only the harvest event.

You could therefore have axes level up "harvest" in their skill group to get more wood. However it is important to note that this would effect all blocks. So I could get more material mining stone with the axe - its not just a wood thing. To really balance this out you would need to rework a lot of the harvest events.

For example you could add a category for axes and then set up the tree blocks so that you only get a very small bit of wood if harvested with anything that isn't the Axe. So the Axe is the only thing useful for getting wood thanks to the harvest event. Then you can add a Harvest skill to the tool. Now while all its harvest gain would increase it would only really be worthwhile for harvesting the trees.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I think I might try doing this. It sounds pretty cool. Though it would take a ton of edits I imagine in the blocks.

I have a beta version up that I'd appreciate some testers on if anyone in interested. I just warn you now that I would not try it on your old saves in case something is busted. Mainly Im curious if the spawning.xml I set up is working correctly .I couldn't find any zombies in my new game (even with a vanilla spawning xml) and I got tired of waiting. I assume its because zombies dont spawn around you until you've leveled a little or something. Beats me. Its possible I borked something somewhere and the console isn't telling me.

Anyway, those who have free time and dont mind a bit of testing I'd appreciate it if you could load up a game and just muck around a bit. Largely just tell me if you find zombies at all. Again I only recommend this for those who want to TEST and I don't promise it wont break a save. It /shouldn't/ (even if it is broken I dont think this is a type of break that actually causes save corruption) but I still feel it important to give a fair warning.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

I am surprised you couldnt figure use the other mouse button to chill drinks with a fridge. I never tried it with a made one just one in a base I built up. Can you add the bowl of water back to oven/campfire? Now it needs to be switched between the beaker and bowl of water as someone else stated. As for the minibike, I dont know what the devs did but driving over spikes or a burning area in the burnt biome causes fast deadly damage now.

To be fair, I'm surprised too. I DID try leftclick INSIDE the fridge, never ON the fridge. when it turns out he's using the same as the "Fill" operation, hence the animation and sounds. I AM the dumb.

I know, and it persists damage even after you're no longer on said spikes. but Valmar said he hasn't touched the minibikes. so this is a job for telling the Devs. bleh.

yeah, those suspicious stumps. what about adding a loot to the tables of places like attics, and roofs of buildings, the places you find those corpses, could also have, or contain those supply chests, they are quite rare thus far. but sooooooo worth it! I absolutely love them!

Valmar. do you think it's possible to create a rebar version of the wood spike trap block? maybe use scrap iron texture. even if it's not upgradable, but a second block. especially if it has the properties of iron bars, and not taking damage from projectiles. that would be super awesome!

I have a beta version up that I'd appreciate some testers on if anyone in interested. I just warn you now that I would not try it on your old saves in case something is busted. Mainly Im curious if the spawning.xml I set up is working correctly .I couldn't find any zombies in my new game (even with a vanilla spawning xml) and I got tired of waiting. I assume its because zombies dont spawn around you until you've leveled a little or something. Beats me. Its possible I borked something somewhere and the console isn't telling me.

Anyway, those who have free time and dont mind a bit of testing I'd appreciate it if you could load up a game and just muck around a bit. Largely just tell me if you find zombies at all. Again I only recommend this for those who want to TEST and I don't promise it wont break a save. It /shouldn't/ (even if it is broken I dont think this is a type of break that actually causes save corruption) but I still feel it important to give a fair warning.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

I had the expected amount of zombies spawn within about 3 minutes of testing.

yeah, those suspicious stumps. what about adding a loot to the tables of places like attics, and roofs of buildings, the places you find those corpses, could also have, or contain those supply chests, they are quite rare thus far. but sooooooo worth it! I absolutely love them!

The tables you find in the attics is actually the same table you find everywhere else. It has no unique loot. Thus if I was to add it to them it would also add it to every table in the world. Corpses I've considered it before but you could end "farming" them. If I recall correctly you cannot farm a suspicious stump because they only let you loot them once.

Valmar. do you think it's possible to create a rebar version of the wood spike trap block? maybe use scrap iron texture. even if it's not upgradable, but a second block. especially if it has the properties of iron bars, and not taking damage from projectiles. that would be super awesome!

I could, yes. Though Im not sure how useful it would be.

<block id="1921" name="Testing">

<property name="Material" value="Mmetal_medium" />

<property name="Class" value="Damage" />

<property name="Damage" value="3" />

<property name="Damage_received" value="15" />

<property name="Shape" value="Cone" />

<property name="Mesh" value="cutout" />

<property name="Texture" value="310" />

<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,rocket" /> <!-- -rocket -->

<property class="RepairItems"> <property name="forgedIron" value="4" /> </property>

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="1,2" prob="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob=".75" stick_chance="1" />

<property name="Group" value="Building" />

</block>

I had the expected amount of zombies spawn within about 3 minutes of testing.

Good to know. Thank you.

Just a quick idea,

Bee keeping- to aid in making mead in your brewery blocks. (remove honey from the loot table or make it extremely rare)

Requires an apiculture perk or skill.

Craft-able, place-able apiary block.

Bee keeping kit required to loot that block.

Once the skill/perk is acquired, the kit recipes are unlocked:

Hive Frames: (hold in hand to loot for honey, right click on apiary block to loot it- gives one honey per day? Or sinc it up with the normal respawn time?)

Hood, suit, gloves and boots, all white in color. (use the bio-hazard suit for this?)

Apiary block, if approached without the protective clothing results in damage taken, similar to radiation. Maybe a 5 block radius? Enough so you cannot loot it without the uniform.

Thought about using a smoker instead of the hive frame to loot? Maybe use the smoker to exchange an empty hive frame in your inventory for a full one, then take the hive frame to a work bench to craft it and an empty jar into a jar of honey and an empty hive frame?

There is no suitable block really to pull off a bee hive. Though I did make on in the medieval mod so I guess I could make it work if really pressed. Farming it is another mater entirely.

I can't make the clothes white because the color overlay is a tint. It will not lighter than its base color.

I can't make a block give off a radius buff.

Maybe one day.

install "readme" is not in root unpack folder, im having to answer noob questions on how to install to play on my server. its buried in data/config

The client files should actually contain a detailed instructions file in the zip. The mod itself also includes an image file in the zip that shows you how to install with simple pictures. The client files ALSO include that image btw.

Conclusion: they were going to ask you how to install it no matter where I put the files. Welcome to the burden of running a modded server. :/

I also would love apiculture! what about that old "hive" block from back when the wasps spawned in trees and burnt houses...is that still in exhistance? because I remember you could loot that for jars of honey.

That block no longer exists. In my medieval blocks I use this:

<block id="1660" name="Bee Hive">

<property name="Material" value="wood" />

<property name="Shape" value="New" />

<property name="Model" value="pipe_cap" />

<property name="Mesh" value="cutout" />

<property name="Texture" value="360" />

<property name="Class" value="Loot" />

<property name="LootList" value="1" />

</block>

hmm.....I'm curious what that "Bee Hive" block looks like. pipe cap....I dunno. but it looks like I won't be around much at all, anymore, just got a job out in the deep countryside. it's looking to be seasonal, so should be back this fall. I bet my save file is screwed though, cause by the time I get back to playing, I'll have lots of vanilla updates...or no! game files are safe now, right?

how many people have you had to send a LMGTFY.com link to.

The client files should actually contain a detailed instructions file in the zip. The mod itself also includes an image file in the zip that shows you how to install with simple pictures. The client files ALSO include that image btw.

Conclusion: they were going to ask you how to install it no matter where I put the files. Welcome to the burden of running a modded server. :/

it rather does matter, since this is the age of the internet, and 90% of the people out there cant use google, or read, im stating, that I AM RECEIVING noob questions on the simple thing of adding the mods. as the "readme" file is not in what has always been a common practice since my early days of computer usage, the root directory

it doesnt matter anyway, as i wont be able to run the overhaul pack or plan on it in the near future without more testing, installing the progressions file now seems to cause issues on unmodded servers using vanilla files, which is something i cant have since i do need to scrap brass on 4 other vanilla base . servers. the mod, great, the compatibility, flawed. and NO, i have no desire to read 150+ pages of comments about people wanting behives of katana.

please, refrain from "holding it wrong" comments. the world is full of people that are afraid to "empty" their computer recycle bin. and yes, im using a foul tone, i login to an inbox full of pissed players because i recommended the file patching, before the files were pushed to the server. just glad i found this issue in time. the files were 30 min from getting uploaded. now im having to tell everyone how to fix something i recommended and broke playability on other servers.

hmm.....I'm curious what that "Bee Hive" block looks like. pipe cap....I dunno. but it looks like I won't be around much at all, anymore, just got a job out in the deep countryside. it's looking to be seasonal, so should be back this fall. I bet my save file is screwed though, cause by the time I get back to playing, I'll have lots of vanilla updates...or no! game files are safe now, right?

It has the pipe cap shape but uses the texture of the camo tent. Its not the worse thing in the world but clearly not the best either.

Vanilla save games should still be safe according to the Pimps. However its worth warning you that no such promise stays in place for the mod. They could easily break my mod by adding a bunch of new blocks to the game and forcing me to remove blocks from mine. Not saying that will be the case but it is a possibility.

it rather does matter, since this is the age of the internet, and 90% of the people out there cant use google, or read, im stating, that I AM RECEIVING noob questions on the simple thing of adding the mods. as the "readme" file is not in what has always been a common practice since my early days of computer usage, the root directory

it doesnt matter anyway, as i wont be able to run the overhaul pack or plan on it in the near future without more testing, installing the progressions file now seems to cause issues on unmodded servers using vanilla files, which is something i cant have since i do need to scrap brass on 4 other vanilla base . servers. the mod, great, the compatibility, flawed. and NO, i have no desire to read 150+ pages of comments about people wanting behives of katana.

please, refrain from "holding it wrong" comments. the world is full of people that are afraid to "empty" their computer recycle bin. and yes, im using a foul tone, i login to an inbox full of pissed players because i recommended the file patching, before the files were pushed to the server. just glad i found this issue in time. the files were 30 min from getting uploaded. now im having to tell everyone how to fix something i recommended and broke playability on other servers.

The client file that clients on a server are instructed to download have a giant picture that shows you how to install it. It also has a Instructions.txt which is the "readme" file. The client link to those files you are suggested to give to clients even includes both version's "guide" - which ALSO include within them the install instructions. There is little else I can do.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Archived