A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I am new to the mod and don't have time to sift through 145 pages of posts.

Hollowpoint bullets:

They do FAR LESS damage than normal ball ammo, Yet they are supposed to do greater, both in description and in real life.

In game this makes them worthless.

Is this a bug? Is there a fix? what?

Drawbridges and Secret Doors:

In multiplayer they are useless and in fact dangerous in pvp.

The bridges and remotes should be pass coded just like chests/doors etc. with the remote only working on the doors/bridges set to the same code.

As is... any base raider can use their own remote to find and open any door/drawbridge in your base.

Also the texture of the door/bridge should take on the same texture as what you place them next to, not just wood only. Otherwise they're not really hidden, are they?

and this is why im for Internet driving certifications, without it you get loads of people showing pictures of their food, and grandma saying how great trump is in business. maybe i was miffed earlier because the pack is great, but broke things for vanilla servers, the progression did not roll back, it made everything locked on unmodded servers i own or manage.

sorry about being super pissy last week. im trying to make too many people happy, and was forgetting myself.

PS... reviewing new version, thanks for the idiot switch instructions in root, now i can just say RTFT to people that play.

It is annoying, I know. Hopefully one day the devs will look into fixing these things so everything, even icons, push from the server. Thats the dream anyway.

Also, just to clarify, the instructions in root are not new. That was kinda the point I was making before - what you were asking for was already there.

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I am new to the mod and don't have time to sift through 145 pages of posts.

Hollowpoint bullets:

They do FAR LESS damage than normal ball ammo, Yet they are supposed to do greater, both in description and in real life.

Hollowpoint bullets do not do less damage. The tooltip just does not properly add their damage to the calculation. HP rounds add at least 10 points of damage. What values the description gives you is not accurate.

I'd argue they are the most useful in PVP. They have saved my valuables a few times from raiders (despite server being PVE, mind you) who think its fun to barge into other peoples bases and take over the place. Fortunately all they took/destroyed was my "Decoy" stash - everything of value was hidden behind a hidden doorway that they never noticed.

Drawbridges serve as a fantastic way to get across gaps of spikes to get into your base. Better then having to do running jumps or having to place woodframes each time.

Zombie AI is also wired to focus heavily on doors. If they see a door their AI zones in it and it and attacks it. The hidden doors do not count as doors to them so they don't show them any bias, adding another form of protection in not having zombies beeline to the door.

The bridges and remotes should be pass coded just like chests/doors etc. with the remote only working on the doors/bridges set to the same code.

That would be cool but it isn't possible with the XML files - or else I would have done that.

As is... any base raider can use their own remote to find and open any door/drawbridge in your base.

Assuming they know where the hidden door is, that they know about the hidden doors, they have the recipe for remotes in the first place. At this point the raider is likely a long-term player on the server so if its PVE he is likely going to get in trouble and have more to lose. As for the drawbridges when you consider the alternative is to just build a bridge with woodframes or do a running jump I dont really see this as a big deal. Its not like that part was even "secure" from them anyway>

Also the texture of the door/bridge should take on the same texture as what you place them next to, not just wood only. Otherwise they're not really hidden, are they?

There is a concrete version tool. Having them dynamically know what they're being placed beside and automatically camouflage themselves like Old Snake would be amazing. It would also be far outside of anything possible with the XML files. Obviously those who use the hidden doors need to use a bit of a common sense in how and where they use them to make it blend into the environment.

Secondary classes in Single Player?

Hey Valmar, just wanted to say excellent work on the mods. I've had 7d2d for ages and never played it a whole lot because there just wasn't enough content, but your packs are pretty awesome. Good work on them.

I did have 2 quick questions though that hopefully either yourself or anyone else on this forum can answer. I did try searching for the answers first in the forums but I got a bit symmied by the sheer number of posts on here so I apologize if these questions have already been asked a bunch.

Firstly, I was just wondering, I started with the Expansion Pack originally but was so interested in everything in it I decided to check out the entire overhaul as of last night. One thing I seem to have noticed though was that the Expansion seemed like it added more things in it since it had all the new types or ores (pyrite, copper, etc etc). I haven't noticed those same things in the Overhaul, which I understood to be the larger of the mods. Have I just not run into them yet or are they not in there?

Secondly, and more pressing at the moment, when playing in single player, how do you receive your secondary professions and all when you hit higher levels?

I believe you've mistaken my mod with someone elses. I don't have secondary professions nor do I add new ores. :)

lol, you are totally right there. I just realized that what I was thinking of with the ores and all wasn't the Expansion Pack but rather SteelMod which I had tried the day before. :topsy_turvy:

Sorry for the confusion there too over the first bit. Its been a long week.

Hollowpoint bullets:

Is this a bug? Is there a fix? what?

Ok questions

Did you try these Bullets with or without a Silencer on?

Great mod I am having a blast :)

I see most of the Minibike parts on in the merchant system except the shopping basket and I was wondering if it can be added? On a MP server it can be hard to find one sometimes.

I have the quest Loki's Hint's 4/4 "Challenge:Feast After Famine" and I cannot find any cabbage or get seed from the seed packs as a recipe can you tell me how to acquire them?

FYI I figured out I only need to scrap one kind of vegetable and completed the quest.

I'm using the 2.8 expansion pack, and am having an issue with Loki's Survival quest line. Once I read the book I'm able to compete 1/4 just fine, but once I complete 2/4 the game errors with NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. then the quest cancels and under quests it only shows 1/4 being completed.

Also reading the Loki Weapons book, I just gain an Athletic level.

Ok questions

Did you try these Bullets with or without a Silencer on?

Without.

Same weapon, just swapped out regular rounds for hollowpoint rounds and looked at the entity damage on each. Standard rounds for the weapon got me 70 something entity damage whereas the hollowpoint versions were around 15 or so entity damage for the same weapon.

Without.

Same weapon, just swapped out regular rounds for hollowpoint rounds and looked at the entity damage on each. Standard rounds for the weapon got me 70 something entity damage whereas the hollowpoint versions were around 15 or so entity damage for the same weapon.

As Valmar said earlier, it is simply a visual issue with the damage display. If you do a test fire toward another player (not friendly) or toward a block, you will notice that the hollow points do in fact do much more damage than the regular bullets. The same is true for the iron/steel arrows as well. For some reason, the engine can only visually calculate the basic ammo's damage.

I'm using the 2.8 expansion pack, and am having an issue with Loki's Survival quest line. Once I read the book I'm able to compete 1/4 just fine, but once I complete 2/4 the game errors with NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. then the quest cancels and under quests it only shows 1/4 being completed.

Also reading the Loki Weapons book, I just gain an Athletic level.

I'll see if I can fix the nullreference issue with the expansion quest. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Pretty sure I see the problem.

Loki Weapons book no longer teaches you anything nor should it any longer spawn normally. I left it in the game though for those who might have already found it.

Without.

Like Aultra said about what I said, its purely a visual issue with the damage display. Hollow points /do/ deal more damage than the normal bullets. The stat reading is just not properly calculating it. Don't worry about it.

That happens if you dont have an internet connection. If you do have an internet connection then reload the game and see if that fixes it. If not then open the 7DTD folder - Data - Config - XUi. Here you will see three "windows" files. Replace the windows.xml with the Offline Version and see if it works then. If not then go with No Images.

That happens if you dont have an internet connection. If you do have an internet connection then reload the game and see if that fixes it. If not then open the 7DTD folder - Data - Config - XUi. Here you will see three "windows" files. Replace the windows.xml with the Offline Version and see if it works then. If not then go with No Images.

Thanks! If I go online and it fixes, will it stay fixed when I play sp offline or will it always be a white box unless I replace the windows.xml?

It might stay fixed until you turn off the game. It gets the image from a link and call for it when you start up the map. It shouldn't require a constant connection for that but I have never tried either.

Assuming you're using a default install directory the Offline Version of the windows file should fix it for you to not need internet since it will then get the image locally.

Without.

Like Aultra said about what I said, it's purely a visual issue with the damage display. Hollow points /do/ deal more damage than the normal bullets. The stat reading is just not properly calculating it. Don't worry about it.

Yup..its a Visual thing...it doesn't calculate the +damage the Damage is calculated buy Gun+Bullet.

the Block damage is the only one that does not Carry over from my understanding

or something along that line

This is the normal bullet,It has no damage on it whatsoever,it works off the Guns base damage

<item id="153" name="762mmBullet">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/HuntingRifle/762mm_bulletPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="brass" />

<property name="HoldType" value="21" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="500" /> <!-- STK ammo -->

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing"/>

</item>

this is a Hollowpoint Bullet has +damage

<item id="1641" name="762mmBulletHP">

<property name="Extends" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="BulletHPDesc"/>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="GetQualityFromWeapon" value="true" /> <<<<<this means whatever the damage of the gun will be

<property name="EntityDamage" value="10,12" /> <<<<<zombie/dog/bear/player damage

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,7" /> <<<<<placed block damage

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="0.7,0.7" param1="stunned" />

Notice how this one only does the Gun damage and a Fire buff only

<item id="1642" name="762mmBulletINC">

<property name="Extends" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="BulletINCDesc"/>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="GetQualityFromWeapon" value="true" /> <<<<<this means whatever the damage of the gun will be

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,7" /> <<<<<placed block damage

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="1,1" param1="burningSmall" />

</property>

</item>

You noticed how the block damage is same because it carries over through the entire Setup.It doesnt work the sasme as damage.Im just trying to help you or anybody to show you how it works....The Fun pimps bullets do no damage at all...only the Modded ones do

Version 2.82 Update

A relatively small update. Nothing major changed or new, mostly just minor adjustments and tweaks.

Notable changes:

Added a new trussing wall spike. These are like the trussing wall spikes except they use the pyramid shape which allows you to place them on the wall jutting out. Could make for some interesting designs in base defenses.

Fixed an Expansion Pack error with the Loki questline.

Fixed the Unload icon being a can of food.

Added some new colored metal recipes to the decor station (or workbench in expansion pack).

Tweaked the tools window for some of the workstations to prevent overlap of the output and tools in the GUI.

Changelog

V2.82

***[Mods]***

--- Added ---

fishPie

trussingWallSpike

***[items]***

--- Added ---

(Expansion) - added custom icons to weapons/ammo merchant items

1852 - fishPie

--- Modified ---

Unload - removed customicon property

Tranquilizer - added craftingskillgroup

recipebookTraps - added trussingWallSpike

***[blocks]***

--- Added ---

trussingWallSpike

--- Modified ---

trussingSpike - increased damage

***[Recipes]***

--- Added ---

concreteMix recipe for bulk crafting

cement recipe for bulk crafting

Bunch of colored metal block recipes

shoppingBasketItem added to merchant

Tranquilizer added to merchant

fishPie

trussingWallSpike

***[Quests]***

--- Modified ---

(Expansion) challenge_Loki3 (fixed NRE)

challenge_Loki4 - removed metion of cabbage

challenge_bruiser1 - added legendaryClubSpiked

***[Xui]***

--- Modified ---

workstation_cementMixer

workstation_workbench

workstation_workstationDecor

***[Localization]***

--- Added ---

tunaSandwich

trussingWallSpike

trussingWallSpikeDesc

--- Modified ---

BulletHPDesc

Hey Valmar,

I want to try your mod really bad but I have a question: Will your mod cause any kind of performance hit? My computer is really outdated and until I get a new one I have to be very wary of anything that can cause dips in performance.

Thanks

Hello Odetta.

My mod does not add new textures or models to the game and is purely XML driven - nor does it add new prefab. As such, far as I know, the performance impact should be minimal. You might experience a small delay in the crafting list when you switch through the various recipe pages but thats about it.

Though to the only way to really be sure is to test it out yourself. If it does not perform to your liking you can easily revert back to vanilla by verifying the games integrity through steam.

For what its worth I have a few long-term players who run on, with all respect to them, toasters. If they can manage it then any performance hit my mod may or may not introduce has to be minor at best. Though this is not something I can personally test. In the very least I haven't heard of any negative performance from using my mod.

Hello Odetta.

My mod does not add new textures or models to the game and is purely XML driven - nor does it add new prefab. As such, far as I know, the performance impact should be minimal. You might experience a small delay in the crafting list when you switch through the various recipe pages but thats about it.

Though to the only way to really be sure is to test it out yourself. If it does not perform to your liking you can easily revert back to vanilla by verifying the games integrity through steam.

For what its worth I have a few long-term players who run on, with all respect to them, toasters. If they can manage it then any performance hit my mod may or may not introduce has to be minor at best. Though this is not something I can personally test. In the very least I haven't heard of any negative performance from using my mod.

Haha Toasters!!!

thats a new one..i always call them "Potatoes"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15245[/ATTACH]

be12d5945ac41afa460659f7964599ec.jpg.89636405191f5eeb2f8f9e5be8ea0217.jpg

Archived