A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Thank you for those observations, Aultra. While its a shame these bugs appear to be game-related and not out of my control it is also a relief to know it likely isn't caused by any mistake on my part. One less thing to worry about.

I'm very sorry if this has already been asked and answered, however, is it possible to use this Mod for 1 Savefile, and keep another Savefile for Vanilla?

*I am a complete MOD Noob so know very little about this. My apologies again if this has been answered already.

Hello Ajbass.

Yes it would be possible to do that. Though it would take a little work on your part.

Your 7DTD directory is a folder called Data. In that is a folder called Config. Copy this folder and make a backup, call it Vanilla. Then install my mod as usual. Now when you want to jump back into playing vanilla go back the data folder and rename the config folder "Config Valmod" or whatever. Then rename the backup "Config Vanilla" folder you made a backup of earlier to just "Config". Then load up the game and play the vanilla save.

A bit tedious to do if you jump back and forth a lot but it can be done. Its what I do.

Another option, if you have the harddrive space, is to go to the steam common directory that actually has the 7DTD folder and copy the whole thing. Then install the mod to one of them and leave other vanilla. You can then make a new shortcut to the game's exe file on your desktop for each version and name them appropriately. This is what I do - I have a copy of A13, A14.5 and the experimental A14.6 game builds and I can launch into anyone of them I want by clicking the shortcut on my desktop.

Ok I'll try the water source again - I know it can be tricky sometimes but I've never been unable to get water previously.

Another issue - Bottled murky water cannot be made with harvested snow. Also the recipe for it is under the campfire which is where one would turn it into bottled water (not sure if it was intended or not)

So snow harvested with a shovel turns into harvested snow and the recipe calls for just snow.

Ah, I left the recipe. I was going to remove it. Though I guess I could just change it to be harvested snow. Its the way it is now because you can fill the jar directly from the snow like a water source. Just natural snow though, not harvested snow.

@Whazi

There is a new burning barrel added in vanilla. I never checked to see if it had a recipe, though. I will make a note of that. The old flaming poles I used to have, sadly, were sacrificed in A14 due to block ID restrictions. I had to cut a lot of stuff in the mod to ensure everything would fit. I removed what I felt were non-essentials or things not often used. Though I might bring them back if there is enough demand for them. While I also used them for decoration I never saw anyone on the server using them so I figured it wasn't really being used.

Maybe already reported but on 'stable' version the ammo scrapping and converting at the armor table is broken..it asks for tumbler but no slot for it on table

To come back to this, are you sure you were using the A14.5 build? I just checked and it should be working fine.

It would be fine to have a online wiki for this mod. My biggest problem always is to have no manual for it to find out, how to make things.

i.e. there is a new tool "handsaw" I could craft it, but where I find the receipt? Not in the study desk, may it is in "hndyman carpentry"??

@Chud

Are you're sure you're using the latest files? There should be icons for them. The tumbler also should have its own slot. I'm a bit confused here, haha.

@Narimbr

There is a guide. Not perfect, I know, but its there. The handyman carpentry book teaches the handsaw, yes. The study desk is only used to craft recipe books or schematics, not tools or items.

@Chud

Are you're sure you're using the latest files? There should be icons for them. The tumbler also should have its own slot. I'm a bit confused here, haha.

Well ok..lets narrow it down....How many slots are supposed to be on the table? (there is 4 currently)

Yes i Downloaded your Mod from this Link http://www.mediafire.com/download/9cpra305hql0cpt/ValmodOverhaulV2.2.zip

I checked the Mod folder for the icons but didn't see any of the ones i asked about

That is right, there should be four in the armory.

1. Welding Torch

2. Sewing Kit

3. Tanning Rack

4. Bullet Tumbler

Or am I missing something obvious here?

No your right.....Thats why i asked.Instead of going into a Huge Post LOL

But for some reason i dont have the icons

Maybe look at your own Download

Hello Ajbass.

Yes it would be possible to do that. Though it would take a little work on your part.

Another option, if you have the harddrive space, is to go to the steam common directory that actually has the 7DTD folder and copy the whole thing. Then install the mod to one of them and leave other vanilla. You can then make a new shortcut to the game's exe file on your desktop for each version and name them appropriately. This is what I do - I have a copy of A13, A14.5 and the experimental A14.6 game builds and I can launch into anyone of them I want by clicking the shortcut on my desktop.

Thank you very much for your response. Definitely have plenty of space on the harddrive to do this, so will try this out and install your MOD.

Much appreciated for all your help.

Archived