A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi,

I cant find how to create assorted vegetables for dinner plate. Any help would be great

Go to the garden pick the vegies you wish. Go to kitchen clean them peel the skin from those that you need fill up saucepan with water turn on stove bring pot to boil. While waiting for pot to boil cut up your vegies how you like. Once pot is boiling place vegies in pot stir in occassion bringing again to the boil. Strain and place in your plate. Wallah vegetables for your dinner plate :-D

Go to the garden pick the vegies you wish. Go to kitchen clean them peel the skin from those that you need fill up saucepan with water turn on stove bring pot to boil. While waiting for pot to boil cut up your vegies how you like. Once pot is boiling place vegies in pot stir in occassion bringing again to the boil. Strain and place in your plate. Wallah vegetables for your dinner plate :-D

ha ha. I wish You infinite and unfixable horde bug in exchange ;p

I dont know if it is your mod or not but im on day 61 and in the last 5 or 6 game days I only seen under 10 zeds show up around my base, even at night there is only one or two zeds showing up. Also I walked outside to greet a screamer and let her scream her head off several times and she only spawned like 7 regular zeds. She used to spawn ferals cops hornets and dogs but not any more. It has been a boring game week.

Side humor enjoy some DJ kittens.

Munchermanjz's Tiered construction

Hey,

I came across this really great idea by Munchermanjz about tiered construction, and thought it would be so great if anyone would make a mod like this (or even better make it part of the game). I'm not a modder myself, so I would not know how to go about making something like this happen, but instead I thought I'd bring the idea across to the best and most interesting modders around. I don't know if you would be interested in this and if it would be possible, but if you want to check it out, the link to the thread is here:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40482-Tiered-construction-basis-following-trends-TFP-seem-to-be-following-already&

I think it adds a lot of depth to the game and adds to slowing down progression, which is something I personally think the game really needs. Currently I find myself with end game tools and weapons way too quickly. I love the way Valmod works for example with recipes and survivor notes, making it slower to acquire the recipes you want, but I think this idea adds yet another layer to the game.

I thought this idea deserved more attention, and I hope some of the really great modders in here, and the devs for that matter, will give it a thought.

It's not the first time I used your great mod, but, what I never understood is, how to repair fire traps. I tried every tool and also gascans.

10 Gas cans per a upgrade

<property name="Item" value="gasCan" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="10" />

or you can try Forged Iron

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="forgedIron" value="5" />

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I cant find how to create assorted vegetables for dinner plate. Any help would be great

Any Vegi just Scrap them

- - - Updated - - -

you win the Valmod Forum award for the day

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Lol ha i already edited my spawning to like quadruple the amount of each vanilla spawn range lol. A few more wont hurt

My Zombie Spawn is on 150%....I like to watch people join my server,complain about it being to hard and then Leave...Highlight of my day

thats why i have a Whitelist.I can let CBSM mark them as Pansies lol

10 Gas cans per a upgrade

Any Vegi just Scrap them

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem with this is the loss per scrap-able, whilst it kind of makes sense due to peeling etc losing 25%? ( Ithink that's correct) its better to scrap them one by one.

Would it be better to have a kitchen sink/cutting board workbench to allow a change over. As big farms are big losses or really tedious.

2) Also whilst i don't think it can be done from the .xmls the 30sec to make base tools so they can't be mass crafted to level up is really not a solution to the problem, it would be a lot better overall if your skill for making tools/weapons etc levels up with use of said tool rather then craft 10,000.

I.e. the Construction tool skill which levels damage currently, could be used for the quality of items as well. This would stop the mass production issue, might be more interesting overall due to less bloated skills and have actual skills that offer interesting perks rather then increase x%.

Is there a way to modify xp amount for repairs? might be a better solution then either of the options currently of mass production or slow production to combat a weird problem. Although i guess this is something that would need to be posted on the general page or to the pimps...

In a normal game when the tools are not spammed or thrown away when slightly damaged to replace with a new one you will never get very far with Quality items. As stated not sure the extent of .xml modding i know you used to be able to modify xp amounts for crafting but not sure what is impossible.

3) Lastly not really an issue and can be ignored just because its easier then creating a whole new tool set for the new oven, but is the beaker going to be removed or the recipes added for the oven?

As always very much appreciate all the time and effort you put in to your mod and resolving issues/questions.

The forum limits how many quotes I can have in one post so this will be a two-parter.

I finally decided to play valmod again, now that it's well into A14. all seems well so far, I noticed stone axes are STUUUUPIDLY slow to build, I'm suspecting this is a feature...and that's fine. but I want to point out a bug. when you kill a zombert, it turns into a "zombie loot block" which is kinda silly, but ok. when I exit the loot container, and it splorches into a gore block, I find I get "stuck" or something, I can give you an exact error message in the console menu, but it seems like if I"m not quick about it, I suspect there's some kind of collision. anyhow, it causes the console menu to pop in and say bad things happened. I can get away with it by using the "Take all" but not if I close it. I'm also looking for how to make the "mixed veggies ingredient."

oh! and the "Grilled steak costs 3 meat, vs grilled meat costing one, yet the meat fills twice as much, and has I think the same wellness buff. this feels rather unbalanced, and not something I would ever use as I could get more health, wellness, and fullness by eating 3 items.

otherwise, I really love the cooking overhaul. *thumbs up*

I assume you're using the overhaul then.

The clubs intentionally do take that long to craft, along with the other cheap "early game" tools like stoneaxe. This is meant to help curb the practice I saw some players using of crafting hundred of them at a time to grind levels. I felt that wasn't quite in the spirit of how the level system was intended to work.

Mixed veggies are like the scrap iron of veggies. Just scrap your veggies and you will get back mixed veggies.

I'll give the steak a small boost to food gain but largely Im happy with where it is. Yes, eating three stews may be better but sometimes you dont want to sit there eating a bunch of food to fill yourself. Personal preferences. I'll keep it in mind though and monitor the feedback.

Also if you don't like the zombie bags Erik was nice enough to point out the solution. Thanks, Erik.

VALMAR: I forgot to take a pick of the errors but today when I drove through and right next to the burnt forest I got several red CMD box errors popping up every 5-10 seconds. If you want I can drive back there and see what the errors are. I cant wait for the seed packets as well lol, I had to use creative mode today, I killed a zed and he actually had some on him but I got attacked while looting and my inventory was full so I closed the loot box to kill the zed and the hops fell through the world. Since I did finally find it I thought it was fare to get the number I found back from creative menu. P.S. I love the notes can be used for exp, I already found most of the books etc and only needed 1 or 2 from the study desk and they wher now mostly useless till now thanks to you.

Not sure what would cause that kind of error. Let me know if you see it again. I'll keep my eye out.

on further research, if you exit the zombieloot container with the inventory button, it causes this error: NulReferenceException object reference not set to an instance of an object however if you select the "Take all" it will close normally.

I also noticed some warmed foods offer wellness some don't. I enjoy this; also chicken soup, has tons of health! woo!

This is a vanilla engine bug with the destroy_on_close property. The pimps fix it in A14.6. Until then close the bags using the escape key and you'll never see the problem again, in my experience.

I assume it was the miso soup that was missing the wellness? I'll fix that.All the warm variants are meant to provide wellness.

Hi,

Mixed veggies are like the scrap iron of veggies. Just scrap your veggies and you will get back mixed veggies.

... ...

Valmar, damn it, you're an inspiration to us all! But I can NOT find the change log you said you'd start once it came out after the name change... Am I missing something? Probably a super obvious link I over looked... Thanks again for everything you do!

I dont know if it is your mod or not but im on day 61 and in the last 5 or 6 game days I only seen under 10 zeds show up around my base, even at night there is only one or two zeds showing up. Also I walked outside to greet a screamer and let her scream her head off several times and she only spawned like 7 regular zeds. She used to spawn ferals cops hornets and dogs but not any more. It has been a boring game week.

Side humor enjoy some DJ kittens.

My mod doesn't touch the spawning.xml file so any weird behavior you face with spawning zombies is just the game being early access. Lol.

Hey,

I came across this really great idea by Munchermanjz about tiered construction, and thought it would be so great if anyone would make a mod like this (or even better make it part of the game). I'm not a modder myself, so I would not know how to go about making something like this happen, but instead I thought I'd bring the idea across to the best and most interesting modders around. I don't know if you would be interested in this and if it would be possible, but if you want to check it out, the link to the thread is here:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40482-Tiered-construction-basis-following-trends-TFP-seem-to-be-following-already&

I think it adds a lot of depth to the game and adds to slowing down progression, which is something I personally think the game really needs. Currently I find myself with end game tools and weapons way too quickly. I love the way Valmod works for example with recipes and survivor notes, making it slower to acquire the recipes you want, but I think this idea adds yet another layer to the game.

I thought this idea deserved more attention, and I hope some of the really great modders in here, and the devs for that matter, will give it a thought.

I skimmed through it. While I don't think it can be done exactly the way the poster is after I do believe the general concept behind it is possible. The easiest approach would be to lock things behind perks and skills

Builder level 1 can only make weak cabin wood blocks. By crafting these you level your construction skill. When your skill in building hits 5 you unlock woodframes. Then after it hits level 10 you unlock the next tier. So on and so forth.

If you wanted to also lock down the "upgrade" paths so players cant just instant upgrade wood to reinforced then concrete and so forth you could make a new tool for harvesting the wood like the OP suggests but what would perhaps be easier is to just make the new item and recipe. Like a new item called "Reinforced Beams" which are crafted out of wood. These beams are required to upgrade the wood block to reinforced wood. You can then lock the reinforced beams behind the crafting perk so you can only unlock it after you level it up high enough. This would, in a sense, achieve the general effect the OP is after I believe.

Would be relatively easy to do though would require quite a lot of time I imagine to make sure all the blocks are balanced out. Though with the new extends property being so deeply integrated into the blocks.xml I assume it will be easier now than its ever been. How badly do you want a system like this? I can see it playing well with my Overhaul. Hm.

It's not the first time I used your great mod, but, what I never understood is, how to repair fire traps. I tried every tool and also gascans.

The fire traps cannot be repaired. When they are "destroyed" the revert to "empty" versions. These can then be upgraded with the gascan to refill them.

The only problem with this is the loss per scrap-able, whilst it kind of makes sense due to peeling etc losing 25%? ( Ithink that's correct) its better to scrap them one by one.

Would it be better to have a kitchen sink/cutting board workbench to allow a change over. As big farms are big losses or really tedious.

2) Also whilst i don't think it can be done from the .xmls the 30sec to make base tools so they can't be mass crafted to level up is really not a solution to the problem, it would be a lot better overall if your skill for making tools/weapons etc levels up with use of said tool rather then craft 10,000.

I.e. the Construction tool skill which levels damage currently, could be used for the quality of items as well. This would stop the mass production issue, might be more interesting overall due to less bloated skills and have actual skills that offer interesting perks rather then increase x%.

Is there a way to modify xp amount for repairs? might be a better solution then either of the options currently of mass production or slow production to combat a weird problem. Although i guess this is something that would need to be posted on the general page or to the pimps...

In a normal game when the tools are not spammed or thrown away when slightly damaged to replace with a new one you will never get very far with Quality items. As stated not sure the extent of .xml modding i know you used to be able to modify xp amounts for crafting but not sure what is impossible.

3) Lastly not really an issue and can be ignored just because its easier then creating a whole new tool set for the new oven, but is the beaker going to be removed or the recipes added for the oven?

As always very much appreciate all the time and effort you put in to your mod and resolving issues/questions.

1. Scrapping

Yes, it is unfortunate and true that doing it with the scrap method will result in some net-loss. Thats just how the system works. I could make recipes for it but doing that would require several recipes all for the one item. I try to avoid adding a bunch of duplicate recipes if I can help it. The scrap is useful in this regard as it keeps things tidy and simple.

2. EXP gains

Not sure it can be done in a satisfying way. The two values that handle this are:

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Blunt Weapons"/>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Weapon Smithing"/>

ActionSkillGroup controls what skill levels and it scales with when you use it in an action. The crafting skill group handles what skill it levels and scales with when crafting. You might be able to add two things to one actionskillgroup but I've never actually tried. Though I'll admit I'm hesitant to heavily modifying the vanilla values in this regard (progression.xml mainly) since its clear to me this file is still in its infancy and the pimps are bound to be changing it rapidly in updates (well, whenever they DO update...) and will be a PITA to keep my changes updated.

Yeah, Im lazy.

3. Originally I was purposely avoiding adding the beaker recipes to the oven. Though now that I found a much easier way to make a working oven piggybak recipes off the campfire you should find anything you can craft in the campfire also craftable in the oven.

Ok Valmar question for you

I created my own Ammo

<item id="1652" name="762mmBulletEXP">

<property name="Extends" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="BulletEXPDesc"/>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="GetQualityFromWeapon" value="true" />

<property name="EntityDamage" value="10,12" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,7" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="1,1" param1="burningSmall" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="1,1" param1="bleeding" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="0.7,0.7" param1="stunned" />

</property>

It loads and is usable but does no damage?

i also added the Text to the Localization file but its not showing up

BulletEXPDesc,items,Item Gun,,These Bullets will Blow the %$@* out of anything.,,

i havent applied a Icon yet but i do have one

Haven't got that far yet or figured it out..

could you tell me what i have done wrong?

Valmar, damn it, you're an inspiration to us all! But I can NOT find the change log you said you'd start once it came out after the name change... Am I missing something? Probably a super obvious link I over looked... Thanks again for everything you do!

Its included in the config folder with the xml files. Or on the envul page.

Ok Valmar question for you

I created my own Ammo

<item id="1652" name="762mmBulletEXP">

<property name="Extends" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="BulletEXPDesc"/>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="GetQualityFromWeapon" value="true" />

<property name="EntityDamage" value="10,12" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,7" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="1,1" param1="burningSmall" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="1,1" param1="bleeding" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="0.7,0.7" param1="stunned" />

</property>

It loads and is usable but does no damage?

i also added the Text to the Localization file but its not showing up

BulletEXPDesc,items,Item Gun,,These Bullets will Blow the %$@* out of anything.,,

i have applied a Icon yet but i do have one

Haven't got that far yet or figured it...

could you tell me what i have done wrong?

Try this:

BulletEXPDesc,items,Item Gun,,"These Bullets will Blow the %$@* out of anything.",,

As for the bullet not dealing damage it could be due to the buffs. I'm not sure you have multiple applybuffs in the attributes. Though I never tried either.

Well i initially didn't add any buffs at all and i still got no damage..any ideas why?

i basically cloned the HP round to test it and still got the same Effect..no damage

it acts like its not making contact with anything

Sweet that worked with localization

but still no damage and i placed the Icon in the MOd folder in your Folder....this harder then i thought LOL

1. Scrapping

Yes, it is unfortunate and true that doing it with the scrap method will result in some net-loss. Thats just how the system works. I could make recipes for it but doing that would require several recipes all for the one item. I try to avoid adding a bunch of duplicate recipes if I can help it. The scrap is useful in this regard as it keeps things tidy and simple.

2. EXP gains

Not sure it can be done in a satisfying way. The two values that handle this are:

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Blunt Weapons"/>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Weapon Smithing"/>

ActionSkillGroup controls what skill levels and it scales with when you use it in an action. The crafting skill group handles what skill it levels and scales with when crafting. You might be able to add two things to one actionskillgroup but I've never actually tried. Though I'll admit I'm hesitant to heavily modifying the vanilla values in this regard (progression.xml mainly) since its clear to me this file is still in its infancy and the pimps are bound to be changing it rapidly in updates (well, whenever they DO update...) and will be a PITA to keep my changes updated.

Yeah, Im lazy.

3. Originally I was purposely avoiding adding the beaker recipes to the oven. Though now that I found a much easier way to make a working oven piggybak recipes off the campfire you should find anything you can craft in the campfire also craftable in the oven.

To be fair i have only ever lightly modded the .xmls and usually wipe it clean after each update. I piggyback off your mod and the amount of time it must take you to do all you do.

It was more of an idea thing, obvious problem with modding this game is that it's still and alpha and changes can happen dramatically between versions. Good thing about being lazy though is that it keeps with the continunity.

Also a potential bug the hunter quests don't seem to be working, just retested this starting a new game (read & accept quest) and killed a stag (with the iron bow) but it didn't increase. Not clued up enough as to why this doesn't work.

ahhh, scrapping veggies I would NOT have considered that....if anything I'd be..."hmmm...compost, how do I get compost, well, how bout if I scrap veggies? *shrugs* but no worries, now that's answered. as for the food, me personally, and honestly, I see a lot of people making things like corn bread, because it doesn't smell, and gives wellness, even though you'd have to eat lots to fill up. this is on a huge server, stacks of corn bread. or blueberry pies. For me, I see the direct benefit of wellness. so I will be seeking highest wellness for least cost of ingredients. if anything less filling means I can eat more and get more wellness.

as for the lootbags, it's not that I want to disable them, it's that it has a bug when I exit them without using the "Take all" command. though....in the burnt forest biome...those bags are INVISIBLE.

oh! I also noticed something with empty stumps. they kind of "change state" when you access them. my inventory is almost full, i open a stump, it has four items. I take one, and decide I'll come back for the rest later. the stump kind of....has an inventory format, and "becomes" an empty stump. almost like it was broken and reformed instantly. and deletes the other items that were in the stump. yet...it is still an inventory and can accept items into it. if this is vanilla, then no worries, but it's a new aspect to me. since I was playing last week...

Well i initially didn't add any buffs at all and i still got no damage..any ideas why?

i basically cloned the HP round to test it and still got the same Effect..no damage

it acts like its not making contact with anything

Sweet that worked with localization

but still no damage and i placed the Icon in the MOd folder in your Folder....this harder then i thought LOL

Ah actually you know what that sounds like a problem with the GUN. It needs to have rays added for each new ammo type.

Like this:

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="1, 1, 1" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0, 0, 0" />

See the values? In vanilla its just one (not the number specifically, but just one value, like "1" instead of "1, 1, 1". You have to add a new one for each bullet you add to the magazine. If that makes sense. Show me the gun you're trying to add it to if you need help.

The icon goes not in the Mod folder but rather the ItemIcons folder within the folder in the Mods folder.

In the case of my mod its

Mods - Valmod Icons - ItemIcons

As long as the icon has the same name as the item and is of the proper size and format it should work.

@Morias and Drakitty

I will read/respond later, bit of a rush atm.

Ah actually you know what that sounds like a problem with the GUN. It needs to have rays added for each new ammo type.

Like this:

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="1, 1, 1" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0, 0, 0" />

See the values? In vanilla its just one (not the number specifically, but just one value, like "1" instead of "1, 1, 1". You have to add a new one for each bullet you add to the magazine. If that makes sense. Show me the gun you're trying to add it to if you need help.

The icon goes not in the Mod folder but rather the ItemIcons folder within the folder in the Mods folder.

In the case of my mod its

Mods - Valmod Icons - ItemIcons

As long as the icon has the same name as the item and is of the proper size and format it should work.

Awsome your best.

last question...What is the Proper size and Format the Icon should be?

I am using a .png so i got that part right i guess

do i need this line at the top of the Code

<property name="CustomIcon" value="762mmBulletEXP" />

oh! I also noticed something with empty stumps. they kind of "change state" when you access them. my inventory is almost full, i open a stump, it has four items. I take one, and decide I'll come back for the rest later. the stump kind of....has an inventory format, and "becomes" an empty stump. almost like it was broken and reformed instantly. and deletes the other items that were in the stump. yet...it is still an inventory and can accept items into it. if this is vanilla, then no worries, but it's a new aspect to me. since I was playing last week...

The suspicious stumps, destroy on pickup (like supply crates and treasure chests) and turn into Vanilla tree stumps. Not 100% sure why but i guess multiplayer loot issues or respawn loot issues, as the stuff is usually worthwhile.

If you are going to loot a suspicious tree stump make sure you have room for the inventory otherwise it will be destroyed.

Yeah I didnt think it was on your end but the games code messing up. I cant count how many times the 7 day horde didnt spawn or it spawned the night before or I didnt see roaming hordes. But letting a screamer scream 5+ times after seeing me and getting a max of 7 basic zeds is messed up as well. I never mess with the games time mechanic using DM mode etc. I built a new base and wanted to test it out just to find them not showing up any more. It is like they are scared of my new base and all my ammo now. When I had a bow they where all over me but when I have several guns on me they get scared and either run away or dont show up any more lol. "brains, Brains, BRAINS!!! holy $h!t he has a big gun run away moan, I wanted his brains."

Also a potential bug the hunter quests don't seem to be working, just retested this starting a new game (read & accept quest) and killed a stag (with the iron bow) but it didn't increase. Not clued up enough as to why this doesn't work.

Interesting. I will make a note to investigate this later, thank you. I suspect I know why.

as for the lootbags, it's not that I want to disable them, it's that it has a bug when I exit them without using the "Take all" command. though....in the burnt forest biome...those bags are INVISIBLE.

I'll make note to look at the fire zombie's bags. Though I don't see why they'd be invisible. Is it possible you just have a hard time seeing them because they blend into the terrain?

Also escape the bag using the ESC key, that will prevent the console error. This is a vanilla issue that is finally fixed by the pimps in A14.6.

You looted a "Suspicious Stump" and they destroy themselves after you loot them and revert back to a normal stump. That is because the loot they drop can be extremely valuable (especially survivor's briefcases) and I didnt want players farming these for easy resources.

Awsome your best.

last question...What is the Proper size and Format the Icon should be?

I am using a .png so i got that part right i guess

do i need this line at the top of the Code

<property name="CustomIcon" value="762mmBulletEXP" />

This is the site I used to learn this and it has all the specifics:

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Mod_Interface

Personally I just always base my icon around another icon to ensure I have the right size and stuff. So I'll open one of my mod icons in photoshop then build a new icon ontop of it, hiding the original. Its easier than always making sure my image is the right size and all that junk.

No, you don't need a customicon property if you have an icon added in the Mods folder. Though you could point the customicon property to an icon you added in the mods folder.

Like say you have an item called crazyPills and have an icon in the Mods folder called Crazy Pills.png

You could give it a customicon property to point to "Crazy Pills" to make it use that icon. But if you name the icon the same thing as the item/block they will automatically be assigned to each other so you dont need to worry about the property.

Hopefully that makes sense.

valmar i think u forgot to put the reci for the steel autowall on the workbench and on the quickcrafting perk like the others.. i can see it in creative toh.

not sure if u wanted to exclude it or if just forgot :D

also im still trying to understand whats the diff between firetraps and steel fire spikes.. the spikes should make fire dmg and the crippling effect as a standard steel spike, the trap only the fire debuff.. if so, its unbalanced the material costs firetraps are much more expensive

Archived