A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I just checked the downloads for the client files. They also have the bulletTumbler icon. I'm not sure why its not showing up for you. Do you see it in your Mods folder?

@Jay

Its behind one of the perks.

"The Decapitator"

@Jay

Its behind one of the perks.

"The Decapitator"

Oh lol thanks. Man this game has some slow perks and fast ones, I fired over 1,000 bullets from the rifle and It is still a low rank and the knife is worse. Side note does the weed cutter blade count towards bladed skills? I dont think it does but was curious. Still loving the mod, also does the animal traps need to be in a spesific spot? I had them on the roof with feed in them and they eventually just vanished.

Ok we got the tumbler slot now so we are fine (me and chud on same server, his)

I've a question for you Modders. .The blocks Id and general items like food Id share the same limitation as for how many you can add?

Or every category have his own limit

The bullet tumbler is only a loot item or can I craft it?

Its a loot-only item.

Oh lol thanks. Man this game has some slow perks and fast ones, I fired over 1,000 bullets from the rifle and It is still a low rank and the knife is worse. Side note does the weed cutter blade count towards bladed skills? I dont think it does but was curious. Still loving the mod, also does the animal traps need to be in a spesific spot? I had them on the roof with feed in them and they eventually just vanished.

The weed cleaver shouldn't count towards anything.

Animal traps need to be placed outside on earth, with sunlight. Where it would make logical sense, imo, for a trap to be. Think of them like a plant. If you can't plant a tree there then you can't plant it there.

Ok we got the tumbler slot now so we are fine (me and chud on same server, his)

I've a question for you Modders. .The blocks Id and general items like food Id share the same limitation as for how many you can add?

Or every category have his own limit

They have their own limit. I don't know the specific number for items but I believe its just a little over 4000.

The blocks.xml is limited to 2047. Very, very limiting.

A quick question.

Does ValMod already incorporate "Unofficial XML Fixes" or do I need to merge by hand?

No, it doesn't. I might incorporate some of them at a later date when I have time to review them.

I ignored a lot of the .xml fixes except.

<item name="sniperRifleSchematic"/> in militaryweaponparts loot group

<item group="AK47+ammo" prob="0.03" /> in militarygunsandammo loot group

then obviously adding the ak47 group

<lootgroup name="AK47+ammo" count="all">

<item name="gunAK47"/>

<item name="762mmBullet" count="5,30"/>

</lootgroup>

Most of the rest are in the new beta update or dont effect gameplay in any significant way.

I took the liberty to create an Archery mod for the Valmod overhaul pack (experimental branch 14.6 v2.1 - first experimental version). Valmar, you are free to use any part of this that you would like to in your final mod. Full changelog is in the zip file linked below.

Some of the changes I made:

* Created an archery perk, called "Feather Duster". This perk will unlock the following at each level:

1 - Iron Bow, Iron Arrows

2 - Steel Arrows , Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts

3 - Iron Crossbow, Iron Crossbow Bolts, Flaming Arrows

4 - Steel Crossbow (3 shot mag), Steel Crossbow Bolts

5 - Exploding Crossbow Bolts

* Removed schematics for crossbows, flaming arrows, and exploding bolts.

* Changed Archery progression to use lower xp values to start, but with a greater multiplier which if my guess at xp calculations is correct will amount to the same amount of xp in the end.

* Increased xp multipliers on all bows/crossbows/arrows/bolts to help Archery progression a little bit.

* Made iron/steel bows and crossbows require scrap cable and springs and increased their metal requirements to encourage repairing damaged weapons instead of just replacing them with newly crafted ones.

* Corrected IronCrossbow to ironCrossbow in localizations.txt.

* Changed Iron Crossbow to have a reddish tint, and the Steel retains the blue. (I'm not an artist... just masked the existing icon)

One of my only qualms with these changes, is the Survivor class loses their crossbow ability. I think that perhaps to continue to use the perk, but allow the Survivor to get the crossbow anyway, I might rethink the crafting requirements for each item to include the base item (crossbow/bow), plus other materials (iron/steel, springs, etc) to craft. That way the crossbow and bolts could still come from the crossbow schematic, but allow for progression in that class to come from the archery perk. I didn't do this yet, because I would like to play tonight, and not be coding all night.

NOTE: The download ONLY includes the changed files, the original pack is necessary first. If you would like to attempt to mod your own, all changes I made should be outlined in the included changelog.

Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9azxrgkxsklnns/ValmodArcheryOverhaul.zip

Enjoy,

Aultra

I took the liberty to create an Archery mod for the Valmod overhaul pack (experimental branch 14.6 v2.1 - first experimental version). Valmar, you are free to use any part of this that you would like to in your final mod. Full changelog is in the zip file linked below.

* Created an archery perk, called "Feather Duster". This perk will unlock the following at each level:

1 - Iron Bow, Iron Arrows

2 - Steel Arrows , Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts

3 - Iron Crossbow, Iron Crossbow Bolts, Flaming Arrows

4 - Steel Crossbow (3 shot mag), Steel Crossbow Bolts

5 - Exploding Crossbow Bolts

* Removed schematics for crossbows, flaming arrows, and exploding bolts.

* Changed Archery progression to use lower xp values to start, but with a greater multiplier which if my guess at xp calculations is correct will amount to the same amount of xp in the end.

* Increased xp multipliers on all bows/crossbows/arrows/bolts to help Archery progression a little bit.

* Made iron/steel bows and crossbows require scrap cable and springs and increased their metal requirements to encourage repairing damaged weapons instead of just replacing them with newly crafted ones.

* Corrected IronCrossbow to ironCrossbow in localizations.txt.

* Changed Iron Crossbow to have a reddish tint, and the Steel retains the blue. (I'm not an artist... just masked the existing icon)

One of my only qualms with these changes, is the Survivor class loses their crossbow ability. I think that perhaps to continue to use the perk, but allow the Survivor to get the crossbow anyway, I might rethink the crafting requirements for each item to include the base item (crossbow/bow), plus other materials (iron/steel, springs, etc) to craft. That way the crossbow and bolts could still come from the crossbow schematic, but allow for progression in that class to come from the archery perk. I didn't do this yet, because I would like to play tonight, and not be coding all night.

NOTE: The download ONLY includes the changed files, the original pack is necessary first. If you would like to attempt to mod your own, all changes I made should be outlined in the included changelog.

Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9azxrgkxsklnns/ValmodArcheryOverhaul.zip

Enjoy,

Aultra

hope its one of the 5 points perk.. or it will be quite expensive to progress into the steel

not talking abt your new perk but more in general, any1 knows how many point u get at max? its possible to cap everything (or atleast whats not farmable with actions\crafting)?

PS: @Valmar steel armor crafting is missing in the description on the perk at what level u can unlock it, iirc u was talkin abt 50, but nothing tell that ingame

hope its one of the 5 points perk.. or it will be quite expensive to progress into the steel

I started with 10 points, but wasn't really sure about it. It's kind of a toss up since it is giving about the same as the stuff like bullets, but there is much more of the bullets, so if you take each level of the bullet types they are 10 each which makes them about the same.

not talking abt your new perk but more in general, any1 knows how many point u get at max? its possible to cap everything (or atleast whats not farmable with actions\crafting)?

If I recall from looking at the progression file it is capped at 200 levels max for the characters. That would be 1000 points total. I didn't add up all the skills, but that would be more than enough and could be adjusted up if necessary.

PS: @Valmar steel armor crafting is missing in the description on the perk at what level u can unlock it, iirc u was talkin abt 50, but nothing tell that ingame

All the requirements should be listed in the bottom right of the skill window. I don't have it in front of me right now, but I think it is just gated by the requirement of the ability to make steel. [Edit] I just checked and the only requirements for steel armor is armorsmithing level 1 and metalsmithing level 2 (gives steel).

As a further extension, I am curious if anyone would be interested in books (magazines I would call them maybe) that could only be purchases from the Study Desk that would improve the item use skills (Archery, Pistols, Rifles, etc)?

I can see the argument that practice makes perfect, but this would give some end game reasoning to continue hunting for survivor notes. Costs of the books could be either a few notes or many, I haven't thoughtried enough about it yet. Immersion wise, I would use the argument that I can learn the nuances of an item through reading about it and therefore use it more efficiently after that research.

My issue is once you have learned all the recipes, there is little incentive to keep collecting the notes. Also, it can be so slow to level some of the usage skills compared to others.

I would be happy to code the additions if there is interest and/or Valmar would like to add them.

@Aultra

Very interesting take on making Archery a true "Class" to progress. I will deffinitely be checking it out! Thanks for the mod for another mod!

Love this game!

Thanks, I realized last night that I was still using the old branch of the experimental tree when I was posting that. Assuming Valmar doesn't decide to adopt the changes himself and merge it into a new release, I will try to adopt them to the current experimental branch tonight. Now that the bulk of the work is already done, I should be) able to bring it all over pretty quick. Not sure what repercussions might occur if the files were copied over the current branch.

@Aultra

Ah, I failed to see you mention that. I am still running A14.4 - scared to try any of the updates. The A14.5 update broke my (vanilla) game with the endless hordes. Which is the reason why I scrapped that game. Started fresh with an overhaul mod like Val's mod and A14.4.

Doing pretty well in my game so I really don't want to experiment with the experimental builds - not yet at least.

@Aultra

Ah, I failed to see you mention that. I am still running A14.4 - scared to try any of the updates. The A14.5 update broke my (vanilla) game with the endless hordes. Which is the reason why I scrapped that game. Started fresh with an overhaul mod like Val's mod and A14.4.

Doing pretty well in my game so I really don't want to experiment with the experimental builds - not yet at least.

Well on A14.5 when I played after the first 7 day horde I got infinite hordes, after that I found out about experimental builds I downloaded them, but it was buggy zombies when got knocked down they instantly standed up and one time I open my inventory wanted to craft something dont remember and when I typed in the thing I wanted to craft I got NullReference. So what I did i opted back to A14.5 and everything is fine, hordes are ok, but zombies still stand up instantly.

I don't recommend you to play with experimental builds they're quite buggy.

[snip]

Enjoy,

Aultra

Very nicely done, Aultra. I was currently already making a perk for archer to lock some of these things. I don't think I will be locking the crossbow behind it or not though, simply because the survivor class. Though I will see if I can make the schematic teach the perk. That might be possible. Some good ideas here. My implementation won't be nearly as well thought out, but I'll be somewhat similar.

True the description itself doesn't say it but the game should automatically show you the requirements beneath the description.

As a further extension, I am curious if anyone would be interested in books (magazines I would call them maybe) that could only be purchases from the Study Desk that would improve the item use skills (Archery, Pistols, Rifles, etc)?

I would be happy to code the additions if there is interest and/or Valmar would like to add them.

Another good idea. Already have it coded up and working. Will be in the next patch. Just have a few more things to iron out other other stuff first. But the update might be today. We will see.

VALMAR: I was wondering why I didnt find any AK-47 parts etc. Still havent found a silencer as well which sucks a bit. Hey I take it the working oven makes no heat? I was curious since I just realized it didnt need fuel and I have been wasting fuel for a while now. I wish fuel logs burnt longer but thats nothing to worry about, I keep tossing animal fat and forgetting to keep it.

Hey Valmar

I think I found a mistake you made.

I recently found a survivors briefcase, and look at the description you misspelled a word.

It says - Place this on the ground and unlock it with a survivors combination (with) ...

I think you misspelled which and typed in with.

20160422185344_1.thumb.jpg.c12b49e0bcb51381210ad57c45ed5b2f.jpg

VALMAR: I was wondering why I didnt find any AK-47 parts etc. Still havent found a silencer as well which sucks a bit. Hey I take it the working oven makes no heat? I was curious since I just realized it didnt need fuel and I have been wasting fuel for a while now. I wish fuel logs burnt longer but thats nothing to worry about, I keep tossing animal fat and forgetting to keep it.

They should drop in anything that drops the militaryWeaponParts group or militaryguns+ammo group. So just poor luck it seems.

As for the ovens... I'm not entirely sure. They do have a heatmap attached to them but I don't know if only activates when its crafting or if it needs the fuel to activate. So they might not generate any heat.

Do you feel the fuel log doesn't generate enough fuel for what it costs to craft?

Hey Valmar

I think I found a mistake you made.

I recently found a survivors briefcase, and look at the description you misspelled a word.

It says - Place this on the ground and unlock it with a survivors combination (with) ...

I think you misspelled which and typed in with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14725[/ATTACH]

I MAKE NO MISTAKES. except for when I do

I'll have it fixed in the next update. Thanks for pointing that out.

Update time.

Noteable changes:

Crossbow Repeater - locked behind Master Archer Perk level 2.

New "Legendary" Weapons

Two new quests

New "EXP" items for the study desk - you can now turn one survivor note into a exp book to gain a level in the relevant category.

Four new "round corner" blocks for builders.

Can now craft a purse (free recipe) for early-game storage or decoration.

Added a few new vanilla block recipes for builders.

Expansion pack no longer needs you to harvest plants with your hands.

Removed the invisible dragon due to complaints of missing socks.

Changelog:

v2.3.

Mods Folder -

Added weedCleaver icon

Added clubBurning icon

Added legendaryClubSpiked icon

Added legendaryMachete icon

Added legendaryFireaxe icon

Added legendarySledgehammer icon

Added legendaryHuntingKnife icon

Adde expGain icon

Added woodCNRRound icon

Added flagstoneCNRRound icon

Added cobblestoneCNRRound icon

Added concreteCNRRound icon

Localization.xml

Added Legendary items and descriptions.

Added trapSteelSpikeDesc

Added trapSteelFireSpikeDesc

Added appleCiderDesc

Added crossbowRepeater

Added crossbowRepeaterDesc

Added MasterArcher

Added archerDesc

Fixed IronCrossbow name and description.

Fixed cntSurvivorsBreifcaseDesc typo

Added exp item names and desc.

Added woodCNRRound

Added flagstoneCNRRound

Added cobblestoneCNRRound

Added concreteCNRRound

Items.xml

weedCleaver - removed customicon property and reduced entitydamage.

Mead - added description key.

meadBlueberry - Added description key.

appleCider - Added description key.

weedCleaver - Lowered dismemberment base chance.

crossbowSchematic - removed ironCrossbow from recipes to learn.

recipebookArchery - removed ironBow from recipes to learn.

ironCrossbow - Changed description key.

clubBurning - removed customicon property.

ID 2800 - Added legendaryClubSpiked

ID 2801 - Added legendaryMachete

ID 2802 - Added legendaryFireaxe

ID 2803 - Added legendarySledgehammer

ID 2804 - Added legendaryHuntingKnife

ID 1624 - Added crossbowRepeater

ID 2623 - Added challengeLightThemUp

ID 2624 - Added challengeDogEatDog

(Overhaul) - flamingArrowSchematic - removed recipes to learn.

(Overhaul) - explodingCrossbowBoltSchematic - removed recipes to learn.

Recipes.xml

Added cntPurse01 recipe.

Added burningBarrel recipe.

Added woodStairsBoard recipe.

Added woodCrossCtr recipe.

Added woodCross recipe.

Added seedApple recipe.

Added flagstoneCNRRound recipe.

Added crossbowRepeater recipe.

Added woodCnrRound recipe

Added cobblestoneCNRRound recipe

Added concreteCNRRound recipe.

Replaced all "snow" to "snowHarvested"

Added exp recipes to the study desk.

(Overhaul) - Increased crafting time of clubWood, stoneAxe, stoneShovel, woodenBow

(Overhaul) - removed explodingCrossbowBoltSchematic recipe

(Overhaul) - removed flamingArrowSchematic recipe

Blocks.xml

cntBackpack01 - added group property for Basics and Building.

keystoneBlock - added upgrade class to woodFrameBlock using the Admin Tool so admins can destroy them.

sandbagsBlock - Changed the group to building so they are more easily located.

sandbagsBlockReinforced - Changed the group to building so they are more easily located.

Brewery - Added false stabilitysupport property and lowered heath.

workstationArmory - Added false stabilitysupport property and lowered heath.

dyeStation - Added false stabilitysupport property and lowered heath.

studyDesk - Added false stabilitysupport property and lowered heath.

plantedPotato1 - Now gives seed if destroyed

plantedBlueberry1 - Now gives seed if destroyed

plantedCoffee1 - Now gives beans if destroyed

plantedGoldenrod1 - Now gives seed if destroyed

seedYucca - Now gives seed if destroyed - removed harvest event

seedAloe - Now gives seed if destroyed - removed harvest event

seedChrysanthemum - Now gives seed if destroyed - removed harvest event

seedLeek - Now gives seed if destroyed. - removed harvest event

seedWheat - Now gives seed if destroyed. - removed harvest event

seedGrape - Now gives seed if destroyed. - removed harvest event

seedHops - Now gives seed if destroyed. - removed harvest event

seedApple - Now gives seed if destroyed. - removed harvest event

appleGrown - Lowered Apple drop count from destroy and harvest event.

trapSteelSpike - Added description key.

trapSteelFireSpike - Added description key.

ID 1780 - Added new wood round corner block.

ID 1781 - Added new flagstone round corner block.

ID 1782 - Added new cobblestone round corner block.

ID 1783 - Added new concrete round corner block.

(Expansion) - Removed pluck from plants so that destroying them with anything will give you the plant.

(Expansion) plantedCotton3HarvestLarge - Downgrades to plantedCotton1

Loot.xml

Added ak47+ammo group.

Added legendarymelee group.

melee - added legendary melee group.

militaryWeaponParts - added ak47 schematic.

militaryguns+ammo - added ak47+ammo group.

questChallenge - added challengeLightThemUp

questChallenge - added challengeDogEatDog

Small boost to survivor note drop chance.

(Expansion) - questChallenge - added challengeSticky

Progression.xml

Added Master Archer perk.

Quests.xml

Added challenge_lightthemup

Added challenge_dogeatdog

Fixed challenge_sticky not showing the correct information in-game.

What version are you using? Overhaul or expansion pack? Alpha 14.5 or 14.6 Experimental?

I don't actually add any tools to the forge, which is left vanilla. So it sounds more like a game issue. Can you describe the problem?

Also, this might sound odd, but try searching for something first to make the recipe list short to see if that helps?

Archived