A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I've been considering just taking out gaining skill points from crafting. A few players just spam crafting say a wooden club and gaining all their exp that way. Think I may tweak it so that you to use survivor notes as the only way to level skills. Unless there is a way to have greater diminishing returns...I can't think of another way to prevent this...

Yeah my thoughts also.

COuld maybe lower the Numbers...not sure yet

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how you managed this. It won't even let me scrap it unless its in my inventory. It will only give me the "take" option if its in a container. Either way, sounds like a vanilla game bug to me. Though I could be wrong.

OMG i miss scrapping in Containers.

I wish i could Figure out a way to Change that threw the entire game.

VALMAR: I am not sure but I dont think the hollow points are counting towards ranking my rifle. I have fired hundreds of rounds but it is still R7 from before I had any alternate ammo. Also I am using the one with like 8 rounds not the single action bolt rifle. Let me know thanks.

I'm not sure. My ammo extends from vanilla ammo meaning it should be identical, other than the obvious increased damage or fie buff. I believe the experience is tied to the weapon itself, not the ammo. I'm uncertain why alt ammo wouldn't count towards it - especially considering the vanilla shotgun also has alt ammo.

Well i think the Lvl 50 cap is good (people who want a easy game would think not)

that's why i added incentives to my CrossBows

Originally i used your Last Iron crossbow Set Up and just changed the Magazine value.

Maybe just make a clone of the regular crossbow and try that?

Well that is what the code should be currently. The extends property clones the im it extends from and only changes what is specifically added. Though I will try using a direct copy instead.

I've searched through the forum for a fix for getting 7DTD Valmod icons to work on Mac. It's still not working, anyone have any suggestions? Would really love to play this mod :(

Sorry for the spam, I'm having this problem on the mac, not windows.

Where should the ModInfo.xml go to? Right now, it's in the Mod folder. So the Mods folder now has "ItemIcons" folder and the ModInfo.xml right below it. Is this right?

For starters delete the Mods folder you have now. You're not meant to be adding or messing around in it at all so to be safe lets get rid of it and grab it from the zip file again. The install process is the same as windows, the only difference is the install location.

I will share a quote from a Mac user who figured this out for Valmod:

"With regard to your install instructions, they will not work with a Mac as OSX uses the combined "app" files which are essentially the main game folder in one. So when a user with OSX tries to install your mod they wont find the folders you mentioned. They'll need to right click the <7DaysToDie.app> file and choose "Show Package Contents" (this opens it like a folder). From there the Valmod folders can be copied to the locations you've identified."

I've been considering just taking out gaining skill points from crafting. A few players just spam crafting say a wooden club and gaining all their exp that way. Think I may tweak it so that you to use survivor notes as the only way to level skills. Unless there is a way to have greater diminishing returns...I can't think of another way to prevent this...

The overhaul version tries to offset this a little bit by increasing the crafting time of of those basic items people were spam-crafting. Up to 30 seconds if I recall correctly.

Also I hear about the bone shiv. Not sure how I missed that. I will make a bold note of it in m to-do list.

The overhaul version tries to offset this a little bit by increasing the crafting time of of those basic items people were spam-crafting. Up to 30 seconds if I recall correctly.

I hear you. I wish there was some way to implement diminishing returns so that low level items give no XP once you have crafted say 10 of them or once you get to a certain level. I may just remove all forms of XP given via crafting and only use the survivor notes. I'd probably increase the drop rate of the notes and also add a few more books in that would cover the other skills.

We'll see, I just think the mass crafting of wooden clubs or other simple items is a way around the intended system.

I hear you. I wish there was some way to implement diminishing returns so that low level items give no XP once you have crafted say 10 of them or once you get to a certain level. I may just remove all forms of XP given via crafting and only use the survivor notes. I'd probably increase the drop rate of the notes and also add a few more books in that would cover the other skills.

We'll see, I just think the mass crafting of wooden clubs or other simple items is a way around the intended system.

There is something Wrong with XP gain.....We are at lvl 99 and not gaining no XP from anything anymore...Anybody Over Lvl 100 here?

only thing left is The notes.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I mentioned this with the last experimental version, it looks funny using it on an animal. I figured he would of fixed it but might of forgot. I have been using the hunting knife so I didnt see it this update.

he is literally "bagging it and tagging it"

HA!!!

Well that is what the code should be currently. The extends property clones the im it extends from and only changes what is specifically added. Though I will try using a direct copy instead.

Yeah that's what i figured..but it acts weird.

you by any chance dont have the old code for the Iron crossbow do you?

14.4 version.before you did the Repeater?

I also want to Come up with Some Kind of top tier Bow also (bow is fun and challenging)

maybe:

Steel Crossbow Repeater

Steel Compound Bow

if not i can just clone a few in see what happens :)

For starters delete the Mods folder you have now. You're not meant to be adding or messing around in it at all so to be safe lets get rid of it and grab it from the zip file again. The install process is the same as windows, the only difference is the install location.

I will share a quote from a Mac user who figured this out for Valmod:

"With regard to your install instructions, they will not work with a Mac as OSX uses the combined "app" files which are essentially the main game folder in one. So when a user with OSX tries to install your mod they wont find the folders you mentioned. They'll need to right click the <7DaysToDie.app> file and choose "Show Package Contents" (this opens it like a folder). From there the Valmod folders can be copied to the locations you've identified."

Yup, just did these steps exactly again, but the icons still not working. Oh well. Really appreciate the help though :)

Yeah that's what i figured..but it acts weird.

you by any chance dont have the old code for the Iron crossbow do you?

14.4 version.before you did the Repeater?

I also want to Come up with Some Kind of top tier Bow also (bow is fun and challenging)

maybe:

Steel Crossbow Repeater

Steel Compound Bow

if not i can just clone a few in see what happens :)

This is the oldest code for it I could find on me:

<item id="924" name="Iron_Crossbow">

<!-- <property name="CustomIcon" value="crossbow" /> -->

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/Bows/Crossbow/crossbowPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="wood" />

<property name="HoldType" value="26" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="wood" />

<property name="Degradation" value="250" param1="true" />

<property name="FuelValue" value="40" />

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Archery"/>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Weapon Smithing"/>

<property class="Action0">

<!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Launcher" />

<property name="Delay" value="0.8" />

<property name="Range" value="220" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="1" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="crossbowBolt, ironCrossbowBolt, steelCrossbowBolt, explodingCrossbowBolt" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="2" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/Bows/Crossbow/crossbow_fire" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/Bows/Crossbow/crossbow_reload" />

</property>

<property class="Action1">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Zoom" />

<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="45" />

<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="45" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="3,10" />

<property name="DegradationRate" value="1,1" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="50,650" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="28" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

This was before I cleaned it up with the extends property.

I've had that happen once or twice. Reloading always fixed it for me. Also ensure you're playing the game while having an active internet connection, as that is how it gets the image.

thanks for the quick reply reloading seemed to do it for me =] i like your mod i wont be playing without it xD one day ill try the overhaul but for now the vast amount of new items is enough!

Great mod enjoying it a lot.

I am playing experimental overhaul and I can't seem to make forged iron. I found a forge and a schematic for forge and read it properly. It still won't let me make forged iron saying that I don't know the recipe.

What am I doing wrong?

I am playing experimental overhaul and I can't seem to make forged iron. I found a forge and a schematic for forge and read it properly. It still won't let me make forged iron saying that I don't know the recipe.

What am I doing wrong?

You also need the 'metal smithing' skill (level 1) to make forged iron.

What am I doing wrong?

Like pointyhead says you need to buy perk level 1 of Metal Smithing.

Valmod Expansion v2.3

Hello Valmar,

we can cook corn bread an the chemical stuff only in the campfire and not in the working oven.

Is that a bug or a feature?

An oversight. I'll make a note.

Any chance the turret mod will make it into the Valmod? Or something like it?

I don't use or support SDX for various reasons so unfortunately no.

Hops seems to be more rare than beaker's. Never found one ;(

When I implement seed packs that will hopefully become less of a concern. :)

This is the oldest code for it I could find on me:

<item id="924" name="Iron_Crossbow">

<!-- <property name="CustomIcon" value="crossbow" /> -->

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/Bows/Crossbow/crossbowPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="wood" />

<property name="HoldType" value="26" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="wood" />

<property name="Degradation" value="250" param1="true" />

<property name="FuelValue" value="40" />

<property class="Action0">

<!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Launcher" />

<property name="Delay" value="0.8" />

<property name="Range" value="220" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="1" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="crossbowBolt, ironCrossbowBolt, steelCrossbowBolt, explodingCrossbowBolt" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="2" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/Bows/Crossbow/crossbow_fire" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/Bows/Crossbow/crossbow_reload" />

</property>

<property class="Action1">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Zoom" />

<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="45" />

<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="45" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="3,10" />

<property name="DegradationRate" value="1,1" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="50,650" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="28" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

This was before I cleaned it up with the extends property.

Thanks Bro...i thik this what makes it work flawless....I wonder if the "Extend" has a Wiwerd affect sometimes with Weapons like the Crossbow..i will check it out thanks again

I finally decided to play valmod again, now that it's well into A14. all seems well so far, I noticed stone axes are STUUUUPIDLY slow to build, I'm suspecting this is a feature...and that's fine. but I want to point out a bug. when you kill a zombert, it turns into a "zombie loot block" which is kinda silly, but ok. when I exit the loot container, and it splorches into a gore block, I find I get "stuck" or something, I can give you an exact error message in the console menu, but it seems like if I"m not quick about it, I suspect there's some kind of collision. anyhow, it causes the console menu to pop in and say bad things happened. I can get away with it by using the "Take all" but not if I close it. I'm also looking for how to make the "mixed veggies ingredient."

oh! and the "Grilled steak costs 3 meat, vs grilled meat costing one, yet the meat fills twice as much, and has I think the same wellness buff. this feels rather unbalanced, and not something I would ever use as I could get more health, wellness, and fullness by eating 3 items.

otherwise, I really love the cooking overhaul. *thumbs up*

VALMAR: I forgot to take a pick of the errors but today when I drove through and right next to the burnt forest I got several red CMD box errors popping up every 5-10 seconds. If you want I can drive back there and see what the errors are. I cant wait for the seed packets as well lol, I had to use creative mode today, I killed a zed and he actually had some on him but I got attacked while looting and my inventory was full so I closed the loot box to kill the zed and the hops fell through the world. Since I did finally find it I thought it was fare to get the number I found back from creative menu. P.S. I love the notes can be used for exp, I already found most of the books etc and only needed 1 or 2 from the study desk and they wher now mostly useless till now thanks to you.

on further research, if you exit the zombieloot container with the inventory button, it causes this error: NulReferenceException object reference not set to an instance of an object however if you select the "Take all" it will close normally.

I also noticed some warmed foods offer wellness some don't. I enjoy this; also chicken soup, has tons of health! woo!

I finally decided to play valmod again, now that it's well into A14. all seems well so far, I noticed stone axes are STUUUUPIDLY slow to build, I'm suspecting this is a feature...and that's fine. but I want to point out a bug. when you kill a zombert, it turns into a "zombie loot block" which is kinda silly, but ok. when I exit the loot container, and it splorches into a gore block, I find I get "stuck" or something, I can give you an exact error message in the console menu, but it seems like if I"m not quick about it, I suspect there's some kind of collision. anyhow, it causes the console menu to pop in and say bad things happened. I can get away with it by using the "Take all" but not if I close it. I'm also looking for how to make the "mixed veggies ingredient."

oh! and the "Grilled steak costs 3 meat, vs grilled meat costing one, yet the meat fills twice as much, and has I think the same wellness buff. this feels rather unbalanced, and not something I would ever use as I could get more health, wellness, and fullness by eating 3 items.

otherwise, I really love the cooking overhaul. *thumbs up*

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config there is the file "entityclasses - No Bag.xml" use this of "entityclasses.xml" and you'll not get the bags when zombies die.

Tools train up slowly - use skill points to level them. I use the first 5 points I get leveling contrauction tools and that is good enough to start with.

Archived