A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Val cant use overhaul, installed experimental not version unity 52 and get errors on main menu screen.

7BSAkBJ.jpg

right click and view to see it bigger.

EDIT: Found link for A14.6 but time and date for default time date is crammed together.

qBOtxqG.jpg

It happens when I tried to make it the default compass etc, I want the normal stuff no temp etc the stamina with percent and just the default time and date on top. I did the same thing I did with the other version but I broke it this time. Can you help and upload the default option for the A14.6 version please, thanks.

@Erik

Yes. Infact random gen is really the best way to experience it.

@Jay

Are you sure you used the Beta version of the mod that I shared a few posts up? The official version only supports the stable release, not the opt-in experimental branches.

@Erik

Yes. Infact random gen is really the best way to experience it.

@Jay

Are you sure you used the Beta version of the mod that I shared a few posts up? The official version only supports the stable release, not the opt-in experimental branches.

You must of missed the edit, I found it after I posted the pic

Yeah sorry.

To get the beta working in the experimental branch without the UI stuff you need to add these the vanilla xui files

Add to windows.xml

<!-- Armory Bench, this is only used to gain icons -->
<window name="windowToolsArmory" width="228" height="121" panel="Right">
	<panel style="header.panel">			
		<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_cookware"/>
		<label style="header.name" text="TOOLS" text_key="xuiTools" />
	</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-46" height="75" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">

<grid name="inventory" rows="2" cols="2" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationToolGrid" repeat_content="true" allow_sort_order="false"
		required_tools="sewingKit,tanningRack,weldingTorch,bulletTumbler" required_tools_only="true">
			<required_item_stack name="0"/>
		</grid>		

</rect>
</window>
<!-- Armory Bench end -->

<!-- Workbench -->
<window name="windowToolsWorkbench" width="228" height="121" panel="Right">
	</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-46" height="75" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">

<grid name="inventory" rows="2" cols="2" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationToolGrid" repeat_content="true" allow_sort_order="false"
		required_tools="handSaw,chisel,weldingTorch,electricToolkit" required_tools_only="true">
		</grid>		

</rect>
</window>
<!-- Workbench end -->

add to xui.xml

<window_group name="workstation_workstationOven" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
		<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
		<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
		<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
		<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />
		<window name="windowOutput" />
		<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_dyeStation" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_studyDesk" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_workstationArmory" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
		<window name="windowToolsArmory" />
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_Brewery" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_oilRefiner" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>

Also in the xui modify the original workstation_workbench:

<window_group name="workstation_workbench" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowToolsWorkbench" />

</window_group>

Do that to the experimental xui files and you should be able to play the mod without changing any of the vanilla UI aspects.

Yeah sorry.

To get the beta working in the experimental branch without the UI stuff you need to add these the vanilla xui files

Add to windows.xml

<!-- Armory Bench, this is only used to gain icons -->
<window name="windowToolsArmory" width="228" height="121" panel="Right">
	</panel>

required_tools="sewingKit,tanningRack,weldingTorch,bulletTumbler" required_tools_only="true">
		</grid>		

</rect>
</window>
<!-- Armory Bench end -->

<!-- Workbench -->
<window name="windowToolsWorkbench" width="228" height="121" panel="Right">
	</panel>

required_tools="handSaw,chisel,weldingTorch,electricToolkit" required_tools_only="true">
		</grid>		

</rect>
</window>
<!-- Workbench end -->

add to xui.xml

<window_group name="workstation_workstationOven" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
		<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_dyeStation" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_studyDesk" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_workstationArmory" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
		<window name="windowToolsArmory" />
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_Brewery" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>
	<window_group name="workstation_oilRefiner" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
	</window_group>

Also in the xui modify the original workstation_workbench:

<window_group name="workstation_workbench" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowToolsWorkbench" />

</window_group>

Do that to the experimental xui files and you should be able to play the mod without changing any of the vanilla UI aspects.

I will try that, I tend to mess up those files when I add stuff. I managed to fix the time but was not able to remove those icons at the bottom. The level bar is not wanted all I like is the toolbelt image. This will make the stamina bar show like normal right. Going to make steam replace the file then try to edit it my self.

Yeah, it should be completely vanilla if those are all you add.

I am brain damaged. I had to put all the other files from the xui folder in the there to not get errors but I get this. I am closer than ever but the health bar is super small and the stamina box is not normal as well.

a2KTxuz.jpg

Okay. Install vanilla. Make a copy of the xui folder. Install the mod. Delete the XUI folder. Use the copied xui folder you just backed up from vanilla. Install this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6pvazaiajp7xeur/JayzenFreezeExperimentalVanilla.7z

And see if it works.

I am probably your most pain in the ass fan lol. It turns out steam integrity check didnt repair the file I had to delete it and then add the lines. Except for the toolbar icon which I can live without it is perfect, I fixed it on my own, well with your help but I kept getting errors adding the lines at first but figured that out as well lol. Be honest I am your biggest PITA lol.

Nonsense. If anything Im flattered that after all this time you still keep coming back for more. Lol.

Thanks man, If I was not broke and disabled I would be donating to show how awesome you are. I know you will say something like thats cool or dont worry about it, but I really would. Except for the toolbelt icon it is all where I want it and its working great. do you know the mesh or what ever name it is so I can add that as well? There are so many lines with similar names I dont know what to look for. How does this deal with there texture limit and have you ever hit it before they removed a bunch of stuff?

P.S. The crafting box lags a bit and the workstation already lags bad without this but I can deal with it. When you where really grinding on it, the crafting box stopped lagging with the lite version but it is still worth having the extra stuff even though my inventory fills faster than ever lol. I added an extra row lol. Thanks again for dealing with me your fan Jason.

Everything looks good so far except a minor issue where the toolbelt icons do not align with the background (so slot #1 is over the the buckle to the left of it).

Also what difficulty do you suggest for this mod? I'm playing a miner and can't craft arrows yet.

Everything looks good so far except a minor issue where the toolbelt icons do not align with the background (so slot #1 is over the the buckle to the left of it).

Also what difficulty do you suggest for this mod? I'm playing a miner and can't craft arrows yet.

If you are newer to playing I would recommend something like the hunter class or survivor class. Hunter has Iron Bow, 60 Arrows and the survivor has Iron Crossbow, 70 Bolts. A class with guns would be cool to use but starting out ammo is very limited. As for the difficulty, it is up to how good you are, default works great for me.

EDIT: read the Valmod Expansion Guide.rtf to see what you would be best starting out with.

I have over 700 hours clocked with the game so I'm not new =)

I read the class overview and I'm Just wondering if there were baseline settings for the best experience.

not really I believe it is up to the player, some need more zeds some need less, some say they are to strong some say they are to weak. I know a guy that plays on the hardest settings with zeds always run lol. I like it on default. It is hard for me to choose honestly, if it didnt stress my PC I would want much more zeds but weaker in general. To me 1 head shot should kill a regular zed and a feral is way to strong. I know it is not real but in reality as many shots to a ferals head in real life it would not have a head 10X over lol. I feel the game mod was made with default settings in mind but the best thing to do is start on default and if it feels to easy or hard you can always change the difficulty any time. Remember there are now crawling ferals and running and exploding fat guys as well now. they dont puke like cops but they still do the rest like them. I hope this helps and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

P.S. I now just use the overhaul now so I can have all the new stuff but not have things like arrows and bows and wood frames gated but thats what I like.

Thanks man, If I was not broke and disabled I would be donating to show how awesome you are. I know you will say something like thats cool or dont worry about it, but I really would. Except for the toolbelt icon it is all where I want it and its working great. do you know the mesh or what ever name it is so I can add that as well? There are so many lines with similar names I dont know what to look for. How does this deal with there texture limit and have you ever hit it before they removed a bunch of stuff?

P.S. The crafting box lags a bit and the workstation already lags bad without this but I can deal with it. When you where really grinding on it, the crafting box stopped lagging with the lite version but it is still worth having the extra stuff even though my inventory fills faster than ever lol. I added an extra row lol. Thanks again for dealing with me your fan Jason.

Thats cool but don't wo.... oh. Hm.

Guess I won't say anything then. :p

When you speak of the mesh are you referring to the toolbelt? It's actually an image I host on photobucket I believe and is something I made specifically for this purpose. Its not a vanilla thing. You can add it back in if you want.

If you're not already I recommend you use notepad++ for this as it will make it easier to see whats-what.

Open the XUI folder and then the windows.xml

The first window there is <window name="HUDLeftStatBars">

On the bottom of this window it closes with a

</rect>

</window>

Right above that add this:

<!-- Toolbelt Background, remove this section if you're playing offline or don't want the toolbelt image-->
					<sprite depth="1" pos="0,0">
			<texture depth="500" name="ToolBeltBackground" width="854" height="145" pos="390,8" texture="@http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/frightfulactions/7DTD/Valmod/toolbelt2_zpswqvldi4n.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>
		</sprite>
		<!--Toolbelt Background END -->

Save. Done.

As for hitting a texture limit no I can't say I've ever encountered one. I don't think there is one. All my icons are in the Mods folder so it shouldn't actually matter. I suppose, in theory, if someone had a very little ram and was barely getting by then it might become an issue since I add more icons to store in memory... but honestly thats just speculation on my part, I've never heard of any problems with having too many Mods icons. If there is a limit I haven't felt it yet. The only limit that has impacted me is the block id limit. When A14 released I had to cut out a lot of blocks from my mod to make it all fit - a significant number actually. My fertilized plant system was one of the sacrifices. Which is a shame because I was fond of that even if it wasn't often used or perhaps even known.

Also with all those different lines of text and differences you can imagine the nightmare I go through everytime I have to update every single one of these files. Lol. Bless the tea that fuels me.

In regard to the inventory lag I won't doubt its present. It was a big issue in A13, though I like to think I did reduce it considerably since then. This is a tricky matter for me to deal with. I don't really encounter any lag with it. Though I have kept the issue in the back of mind when making decisions and have taken measures to nullify any lag my workstations might have.

This is, I believe, an issue with certain resolutions. I believe, to be more specific, it has to do with any resolution that isn't 16:9. I notice if I set my screen resolution to one that isn't a 16:9 ratio the toolbelt gets misaligned. There is no universal fix for this that I know about. As 1080p is the most common default resolution in today's world I opted to focus it around that.

I have over 700 hours clocked with the game so I'm not new =)

I read the class overview and I'm Just wondering if there were baseline settings for the best experience.

Reject the classes, start off with nothing. Be a real man.

In all seriousness though it really does depend. I used to only play on... I forget the terminology used for in-game but one step above normal. However that was back in A12 days. Things have changed. When testing my mod such as "is this zombie too strong or too weak" I do the tests on normal to act as a baseline. So take that for what you will.

As my mod does add new zombies and new levels of difficulty (overhaul specifically) I'd recommend trying it out on normal first and decide after you've gotten a feel for it.

not really I believe it is up to the player, some need more zeds some need less, some say they are to strong some say they are to weak. I know a guy that plays on the hardest settings with zeds always run lol. I like it on default. It is hard for me to choose honestly, if it didnt stress my PC I would want much more zeds but weaker in general. To me 1 head shot should kill a regular zed and a feral is way to strong. I know it is not real but in reality as many shots to a ferals head in real life it would not have a head 10X over lol. I feel the game mod was made with default settings in mind but the best thing to do is start on default and if it feels to easy or hard you can always change the difficulty any time. Remember there are now crawling ferals and running and exploding fat guys as well now. they dont puke like cops but they still do the rest like them. I hope this helps and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

P.S. I now just use the overhaul now so I can have all the new stuff but not have things like arrows and bows and wood frames gated but thats what I like.

I actually agree I dont like the "100 headshots to kill" mentality. Yet clearly its something my mod endorses as some of my zombies would need a few headshots to take down. I did boost the headshot multipliers in the overhaul, though, to make headshots slightly more powerful. I always felt like, in regards to say arrows, a zombie should be a pin cushion. He should be able to shrug off a whole torso of arrows. But one clear through the skull? Nope, down for the count. Interesting background story but before I ever started on the Valmod Pack I was actually making a mod like that.

Zombies would spawn in higher numbers, never run, never climb, deal less block damage. Headshots always kill. They were a threat due to their high numbers. Sounds easy and at times it was but then I got stuck ontop of a roof. I was safe up there but I had no need or water and ammo supplies were low. I couldn't just stroll out for more stuff either because all beneath me was an army of undead. Was an interesting experience. However I gave up on the mod and moved on the Valmod because at the time there was like two or three other mods on here that did the same thing so I figured they didn't need me lol.

Sorry, rambled. I just wanted to point out that it sounds like you're confusing "the overhaul" with the "expansion". The overhaul DOES lock down stuff like the arrows, bows and woodframe. Its the expansion pack that doesn't do that. :p

dang I thought it was the other way around, did you manage to make expansion for A14.6? I will try to look as well. I dont like having the extra stuff locked down thanks.

EDIT: I only found the overhaul beta. Sorry if I am so blind I missed it lol. its almost 11:30 AM EST time here and havent even been to bed yet was up all night, I hope if it is possible you will have the expansion available.

EDIT: damn its 7:15 PM now and I cant get to sleep, was falling asleep around noon but people across the street where blaring there trucks speakers and sub-woofers so loud I could hardly hear my TV for like 2 hours then I couldnt fall asleep any more.:grumpy::mad-new::mad2::mad2:

Ok so I played a day and 1/2 and here are my thoughts:

First off, nice job! I like what I seen so far and I look forward to exploring it more.

There are a few things that I did not like so much however but some of these have to do with my play style:

1) I do not like zombies turning into back packs then back into Z corpses after looting. Sometimes they turn into back packs before they fall down. This is pretty immersion breaking and I've also seen the packs fall through the floor of stairs.

2) Hitting plants with your hands - this one is not too bad but it forces me to switch back and forth between my harvesting weapon and my hands as well as forces my to keep a slot open to use for my hands.

3) Non combat roles need some sort of weapon crafting. I play as a miner and it have to fight 4-6 mobs at every POI with a crappy wooden club, even on normal difficulty this gets tricky. Can we have the ability to also craft the next cub up (reinforced) to help out?

^EDIT^ I forgot to mention I died fighting zeds with a club so all I have now is a crappy club (knife and gun are gone since I play with the "delete everything on death" option.

^EDIT 2^ Ok I just discovered the Study so this addresses most my concerns with non combat classes.

4) I can build a workbench, a brewery, armory, etc but I can't craft any sort container to put my loot in?

ok, that is it for now - time to dive back in.

When I load 7.62mm Hollow Point in to my Hunting Rifle or Sniper Rifle etc., the entity damage shows 27. When I load Round 7.62 (common), it goes back up to something like 130. These guns are quality 250-350 or so.

Question is: Is the Entity Damage numbers we are seeing a bug?

c477ec18088de46edda4dc9f745c112a.png

897883625e9207290bc5ae0528db0363.png

Sorry if this has been answered or if I overlooked something.

Modded concussive damage or something just not show in UI? I am going to look around in the XML for answer in the time being.

Thanks

dang I thought it was the other way around, did you manage to make expansion for A14.6? I will try to look as well. I dont like having the extra stuff locked down thanks.

EDIT: I only found the overhaul beta. Sorry if I am so blind I missed it lol. its almost 11:30 AM EST time here and havent even been to bed yet was up all night, I hope if it is possible you will have the expansion available.

EDIT: damn its 7:15 PM now and I cant get to sleep, was falling asleep around noon but people across the street where blaring there trucks speakers and sub-woofers so loud I could hardly hear my TV for like 2 hours then I couldnt fall asleep any more.:grumpy::mad-new::mad2::mad2:

I don't yet have the expansion pack done for the experimental. But its next on my radar. Maybe today or tomorrow if all goes according to plan.

Ok so I played a day and 1/2 and here are my thoughts:

First off, nice job! I like what I seen so far and I look forward to exploring it more.

There are a few things that I did not like so much however but some of these have to do with my play style:

1) I do not like zombies turning into back packs then back into Z corpses after looting. Sometimes they turn into back packs before they fall down. This is pretty immersion breaking and I've also seen the packs fall through the floor of stairs.

2) Hitting plants with your hands - this one is not too bad but it forces me to switch back and forth between my harvesting weapon and my hands as well as forces my to keep a slot open to use for my hands.

3) Non combat roles need some sort of weapon crafting. I play as a miner and it have to fight 4-6 mobs at every POI with a crappy wooden club, even on normal difficulty this gets tricky. Can we have the ability to also craft the next cub up (reinforced) to help out?

^EDIT^ i forgot to mention I died fighting zeds with a club so all I have now is a crappy club (knife and gun are gone since I play with the "delete everything on death" option.

4) I can build a workbench, a brewery, armory, etc but I can't craft any sort container to put my loot in?

1. In the coming editions I will include a separate file to choose if you want the bags or not. Infact I believe the overhaul already has such a file. In the config folder there should be an "entityclasses.xml - No Bags". Just delete the entityclasses.xml and then rename this one to remove the - No Bags bit. ATM they will still destroy on close but this wont be a problem in the future since vanilla zombies will soon be the same way, apparently.

2. Pretty sure this is an overhaul-specific change. Though I could be wrong. It can be tricky to keep up with all the differences.

3. Heh, back in the day the wooden club was also locked behind the Improvised Weapons book. Honestly the book is really cheap to buy at only 3 survivor notes. So you should be able to get it very early on. The next update will have a unique weapon option, however, that might help out with this.

4. You can make a container. The cardboard box is a free recipe. You should also be able to harvest the backpacks and dufflebags you find too. I might also add a sack recipe of some description.

When I load 7.62mm Hollow Point in to my Hunting Rifle or Sniper Rifle etc., the entity damage shows 27. When I load Round 7.62 (common), it goes back up to something like 130. These guns are quality 250-350 or so.

Question is: Is the Entity Damage numbers we are seeing a bug?

Sorry if this has been answered or if I overlooked something.

Modded concussive damage or something just not show in UI? I am going to look around in the XML for answer in the time being.

Thanks

Thank you for pointing that out. It seems to just be a bug with the UI not calculating everything. I tested it out to be sure by messing around a bit with the HP ammo to make it more dramatically different. I made the HP ammo more of a OHK bullet then loaded up the rifle. Noticed, like yourself, the value it gave me was actually lower than using normal ammo. I shoot a zombie and notice it still dies in one hit, regardless of what the value on-screen tells me. So it appears in my tests the ammo damage is still properly being carried over, the UI just doesn't properly reflect it. Which isn't too surprising since vanilla doesn't really do this with guns like I do so the system likely was never meant to have to read these types of things.

Thank you for pointing that out. It seems to just be a bug with the UI not calculating everything. I tested it out to be sure by messing around a bit with the HP ammo to make it more dramatically different. I made the HP ammo more of a OHK bullet then loaded up the rifle. Noticed, like yourself, the value it gave me was actually lower than using normal ammo. I shoot a zombie and notice it still dies in one hit, regardless of what the value on-screen tells me. So it appears in my tests the ammo damage is still properly being carried over, the UI just doesn't properly reflect it. Which isn't too surprising since vanilla doesn't really do this with guns like I do so the system likely was never meant to have to read these types of things.

Cool beans! Thanks again

Archived