A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Valmar

That is actually the series that convinced me to try out your mod!

Now about the mod:

I am pretty certain I tried that as well with both the chicken coops and the lock pick. Doing the "Upgrade" right click on the objects and it does not work but I will not rule out what you said just yet but I gotta get off of work before I can try it again.

Thanks for the reply!

To ensure I hadn't missed something I just loaded up both versions (expansion and overhaul) to test it out. I was able to upgrade the safes with the lockpick fine. So I'm not sure why you're having a problem. If you still are having this problem let me know and maybe we can meet up on steam and try to find out why with some tests.

With the chicken coops also be sure you're placing them outside or somewhere with sunlight. They're technically "plants", afterall. So they need light to function correctly. Though I don't think that is your problem. If you can't get it to work this can be another thing for us to discuss and try to get to the bottom of the problem.

you dont need to Mod the Iron crossbow to make it have multiple shots..just change the Load value to 6 like i do....

Clarify? By load value do you mean the magazine count? If so, how is that any different from multiple shots?

yeah that's what i meant..change Magazine count to 6.

it's the same idea as a repeater and reloads when all 6 shots are fired

i dont know what you mean by "how is that any different from multiple shots?"

i was just saying instead of Modding a new Crossbow just do that it's easier and i made the Iron Crossbow top end Bow for the Class...

Brian9824 and I also created a Gun 50 Cal (desert Eagle) but not with localization files updated..i would have to create one and make a drop box...I figured maybe when i get them all done i can share it and you can add it to your Mod?

Im looking how to Create the perk also for the ammo,as right now i just attched it to the Book like the old way

yeah that's what i meant..change Magazine count to 6.

it's the same idea as a repeater and reloads when all 6 shots are fired

i dont know what you mean by "how is that any different from multiple shots?"

i was just saying instead of Modding a new Crossbow just do that it's easier and i made the Iron Crossbow top end Bow for the Class...

I also created a Gun 50 Cal (desert Eagle) but not with localization files updated..i would have to create one and make a drop box...I figured maybe when i get them all done i can share it and you can add it to your Mod?

Im looking how to Create the perk also for the ammo,as right now i just attched it to the Book like the old way

I might add one at a later time. Quite a bit of work. Item, parts, icons for the parts, adding it to the various loot groups, adding the recipes, making the perks, making the localization. Though if you handled some of that it would make things a bit easier. I was thinking it'd have the same base power as a magnum with just a larger magazine size. It'll be added to the "to-do" list. Making a perk for the ammo should be relatively simple. Just copy/paste one of the existing perks for ammo and change some of the names around. I could help with that if you'd like, though I'd need to know the naming scheme you went with for the relevant ammo.

I had this Other idea for your "boomstick" setup also......Left click single fire....right click autofire...could add that to any gun in some since....Auto Shotgun like Left for dead (would be the top end Shotgun for its class)

An auto shotgun down sound pretty fun. Shame the model will not reflect what it is, though. I think what you're after is possible. However to do so you'll be sacrificing the ability to aim down the sights. So its not the most practical direction to go with most weapons. I can see a shotgun getting away with this though due to the nature of the shotgun.

Here is an example of the AK46 with an auto and semi-auto mode, assuming I'm using the terms correctly. My knowledge and interest in guns is fleeting to say the least.

<item id="48" name="gunAK47">
<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/ak47/ak47Prefab" />
<property name="Material" value="metal" />
<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />
<property name="HoldType" value="48" />
	<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false" />
<property name="SoundJammed" value="Weapons/weapon_jam" />
<property name="Attachments" value="flashlight02" />
<property class="Parts">
	<property name="Stock" value="partsAK47_stock" />
	<property name="Receiver" value="partsAK47_receiver" />
	<property name="Pump" value="partsAK47_parts" />
	<property name="Barrel" value="partsAK47_barrel" />
</property>
<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->
	<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />
	<property name="Delay" value="0.150" />
	<property name="Auto_fire" value="true" />
	<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="5" />
	<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="30" />
	<property name="Magazine_size" value="30" />
	<property name="Magazine_items" value="762mmBullet, 762mmBulletHP, 762mmBulletINC" />
	<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="1, 1, 1" />
	<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0, 0, 0" />
	<property name="Reload_time" value="3.9" />
	<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />
	<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_start" />
	<property name="Sound_repeat" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_lp" />
	<property name="Sound_end" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_end" />
	<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />
	<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_reload" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_rate" value="2.5" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_distance" value="20" />
	<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash_ak" />
	<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="3" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="5" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.plants" value="5" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.earth" value=".2" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
	<property name="Buff" value="critGunAK47" />
	<property name="Buff_chance" value=".1" />
</property>
<property class="Action1"> <!-- AttackAction -->
	<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />
	<property name="Delay" value="0.150" />
	<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="5" />
	<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="30" />
	<property name="Magazine_size" value="30" />
	<property name="Magazine_items" value="762mmBullet, 762mmBulletHP, 762mmBulletINC" />
	<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="1, 1, 1" />
	<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0, 0, 0" />
	<property name="Reload_time" value="3.9" />
	<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />
	<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_start" />
	<property name="Sound_repeat" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_lp" />
	<property name="Sound_end" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_end" />
	<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />
	<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_reload" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_rate" value="2.5" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_distance" value="20" />
	<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash_ak" />
	<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="3" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="5" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.plants" value="5" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.earth" value=".2" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
	<property name="Buff" value="critGunAK47" />
	<property name="Buff_chance" value=".1" />
</property>
<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" /> <!-- Start: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->
<property name="ActivateObject" value="Attachments/flashlight/lightSource" />
<property name="AttachmentFlashlight" value="flashlight02" /> <!-- End: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->
<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />
<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Rifles"/>
<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing"/>
</item>

- - - Updated - - -

Been playing with this mod a few days now and loving it so far, Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, glad you like it.

I don't understand what you're asking. You want plants to turn back into sprouts when harvested? They should do that already. Can you clarify?

well it does, but since its super fast most of time was also destroying the sprouts, so i thought maybe its possible to exclude the stage1 from the harvest ability of the tool

hope its more clear now, not sure if possible toh:P

I made my 50 cal with no silencer (thats its handicap,it loud) and the Base power is higher than Magnum and 1 more gun powder per a round.The gun works perfect and it's the top tier gun for Handguns (short range) (Need icons but we used the shader Technique)

Next will be the Auto SHotgun (basicly a Shotgun with 8 rounds then reload)

reload would have to be done 8 times in a row to Give the Gun a Handicap or delay.

If not it would be to easy to exploit it

After that i plan on changing the Sniper Ammo to 5.56 and making the damage less than 7.62 (rifle ammo)

then this will make the Rifle the top tier gun for Rifles as far as damage. (8 round magazine will be its handicap)

When i do Bolt rifle ammo i will get with you on the Exploding part.

I have an idea for that too..might work..might not.Something you siad a while back.

Brian9824 came up with a Rocket launcher ammo to do Entity damage only for shooting around your place and to avoid big holes in the ground (clever)

Good example also

I think the SMG and AK are fine the way they are.rate of fire is built in the mechanic so to say (hold it down or tap it)

Rate of fire was a good idea till it took away Aiming...scratch that idea..but i do enjoy the boomstick LOL

I like to yell "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK"

And yes, I would be Glad to Make all the guns and localization files for you if you are interested in adding them in the future..your right it is alot of work.Im already Retired so i have alot of time to learn this stuff

Model/texture support would be the Bee knees huh?

If you wanted to Run SDX..but that's to much work for most people to install and run

Small edit i was thinking about....

Was thinking of setting up ammo like

9mm

Rank 1 Normal rounds

Rank 2 Incendiary

Rank 3 Hollow point

bolt rifle would get a special round (which i haven't worked out yet)

Been playing with this mod a few days now and loving it so far, Thanks for sharing.

For shizzle

i wouldn't play this game any other way...Vanilia Game is quite easy to play.

Before day 7 i can have a fort that nobody can touch me in and almost all the best weapons.

Now add a Combo pack 20/Valmod overhaul and some extras ;)

turn your Zeds up to 150% spawn and make them Evil..your game just got Longer and harder

well it does, but since its super fast most of time was also destroying the sprouts, so i thought maybe its possible to exclude the stage1 from the harvest ability of the tool

hope its more clear now, not sure if possible toh:P

I see. Well, its not really the tool doing that. Its not a matter of telling it to stop harvesting or whatever. Its the fact that they have so little health that a single hit destroys them. I could make the sprout have more health so it isn't destroyed in one hit. But Im not sure a damaged plant will continue to grow so it might not matter. Does destroying the sprout at least return the seed to you so you can replant it?

Next will be the Auto SHotgun (basicly a Shotgun with 8 rounds then reload)

reload would have to be done 8 times in a row to Give the Gun a Handicap or delay.

If not it would be to easy to exploit it

How would you make the shotgun reload 8 times?

When i do Bolt rifle ammo i will get with you on the Exploding part.

I have an idea for that too..might work..might not.Something you siad a while back.

You're referring to explosive ammo? Yes, I haven't found a way to make this work without changing the weapon class to a launcher. However you can kinda make it work with a buff that plays the particle effect of an explosion. Problem with this is that it will only trigger if you actually hit the enemy. Still cool but not as cool. Shame I dont remember the prefab used for that explosion effect. Funny thing is that I found it once and was like "omg do you know how long I been looking for this, finally someone reposted it" but I've gone and lost it again. I thought I had it written down somewhere. Sigh.

Brian9824 came up with a Rocket launcher ammo to do Entity damage only for shooting around your place and to avoid big holes in the ground (clever)

Lol and here I am buffing the rocket so it deals MORE block and entity damage. I fired multiple vanilla rockets at a house and... and nothing. It was so anti-climatic. My gorilla boss also took multiple rockets to the face and just shrugged it off. I get thats he tanky by design but damn.

Model/texture support would be the Bee knees huh?

If you wanted to Run SDX..but that's to much work for most people to install and run

Yeah I won't be using SDX anytime soon. XML is more limiting but its also easier and more compatible with the majority. There are a shocking number of people who have trouble installing my mod pack or server client files as is.

How would you make the shotgun reload 8 times?

Well i was thinking that the Crossbow works the same way?

You fire 6 rounds then it reloads

Maybe there is a Line of code that can be added...i haven't done the research yet but it's a Idea

maybe use the crossbow setup with Long barrel shotgun animations?

Wait how about when you Hit Reload it only loads one round at a time?

so you have to do it 8 times?

Im sure there is a way

when you harvest a plant you dont get a seed from it..it just breaks...the second time around

when you harvest a plant you dont get a seed from it..it just breaks...the second time around

chud was faster then me, yes it just breaks, no seed or fruit\plant, thats why i was asking if there was any way to prevent the destruction..

Recipes.xml mismatch

Hi guys,

I installed the Valmod onto my 14.5 server and without realising it I actually copied over the Expansion and Overhaul files, only since learning I needed Overhaul. So to be sure, I did Overhaul again onto the server and the client.

However, I noticed some oddities with Recipies.xml. Specifically, I found it was far too easy to make Haybales from Plant Fibers, so I wanted to up the required amount for 10 per, to 500 per. However, in the XML on the server I discovered that haybales actually are supposed to need yuccafibers, I can only assume from Valmod, but this isn't making it onto the client.

Any ideas? Did my inadvertent copy of the mod packs screw something up? Any help is appreciated.

chud was faster then me, yes it just breaks, no seed or fruit\plant, thats why i was asking if there was any way to prevent the destruction..

I'll add it to to my to-do list to make the sprouts return the seed when destroyed

Hi guys,

I installed the Valmod onto my 14.5 server and without realising it I actually copied over the Expansion and Overhaul files, only since learning I needed Overhaul. So to be sure, I did Overhaul again onto the server and the client.

However, I noticed some oddities with Recipies.xml. Specifically, I found it was far too easy to make Haybales from Plant Fibers, so I wanted to up the required amount for 10 per, to 500 per. However, in the XML on the server I discovered that haybales actually are supposed to need yuccafibers, I can only assume from Valmod, but this isn't making it onto the client.

Any ideas? Did my inadvertent copy of the mod packs screw something up? Any help is appreciated.

yuccaFiber is the name for plant fibers in the code. The name you see in-game is plant fiber.

Edit: Sorry, noticed it was answered. I should had refreshed the page. lol

I had this happen to me a few times. It has always occurred when I tried to search for an item by typing the name. For me, I have fixed it a few times with reloading, and other times by opening a different crafting window.

Valmar I dont know if you can help but I was trying to make hollow points in the forge which I have done before but I am getting an error now and cant get back into my forge now.

EM59fia.jpg

Hey Val, wanted to let you know that me and my buds are LOVING, I repeat LOVING your mod pack!!! Thank you so much for spending so much time on this; Means a lot, for real!!

Have a quick question: Currently using the "ValmodA14Beta15", playing on alpha 14.5

Going through the thread, I see things have progressed since that...and it looks like there are now 2 branches: expansion and overhaul (maybe they were there when we originally downloaded....not sure; sorry)

Reading through, and having probably put in ~25 hours so far into game play with your fantastic mod, want to make sure that if we upgrade to the latest and greatest, that we do it right!

So...coming off the current version we are using, I've got 2 questions for ya:

1. Do we need to go overhaul (I assume) or expansion?

2. Can we safely upgrade without ruining our current game?

Again, we appreciate the hell out of the effort you've put in! Keep up the great work (and fyi....looking forward to the crossbow repeater!)

Thanks Val!

Hey Val, wanted to let you know that me and my buds are LOVING, I repeat LOVING your mod pack!!! Thank you so much for spending so much time on this; Means a lot, for real!!

Have a quick question: Currently using the "ValmodA14Beta15", playing on alpha 14.5

Going through the thread, I see things have progressed since that...and it looks like there are now 2 branches: expansion and overhaul (maybe they were there when we originally downloaded....not sure; sorry)

Reading through, and having probably put in ~25 hours so far into game play with your fantastic mod, want to make sure that if we upgrade to the latest and greatest, that we do it right!

Again, we appreciate the hell out of the effort you've put in! Keep up the great work (and fyi....looking forward to the crossbow repeater!)

Thanks Val!

you may be able to play a current save I recommend the expansion so it dont lock some stuff you already use behind stuff. Backup your save to be safe if you want to. This will still add the new zombie types and extra loot stuff.

Valmar I dont know if you can help but I was trying to make hollow points in the forge which I have done before but I am getting an error now and cant get back into my forge now.

EDIT: I am good I quit the game came back and it opens and crafts fine again.

Interesting. I don't actually modify the forge and very few of my recipes use the forge. I suppose they could be to blame but Im not sure how. Does it only happen when you try to craft my hollow tips?

How do fill up glass jars at a water source? Using the secondary attack while having them equipped doesn't fill them up now.

Interestingly enough you're not the first to asked me about that. I'm not sure what to tell you. It works fine everytime I test it. I can only assume that for some reason the water source you're trying to use it at would also not work in vanilla. The only change I did to the jars was give them a left click ability - I make no changes to their normal function. Can you try it on another water source to see if its a consistent problem? Perhaps a picture or description of what water source you're trying to get it from?

Maybe already reported but on 'stable' version the ammo scrapping and converting at the armor table is broken..it asks for tumbler but no slot for it on table

Well that is a pretty dumb oversight I must say. I've added it to the to-do list. Sorry about that. Hang on to the tumbler. I can't promise it will be done today but I will begin work on clearing up the to-do list later today.

Thanks Val!

Hello Mavericx.

Yes, there are two branches. This has traditionally always been the case with my mod - however when A14 first came out and I released the beta version (which you're using) I only had the "Overhaul" version made. So what you're using right now is the Overhaul.

The overhaul, which is what you're currently using I'm 95% certain, locks down the recipe system. So unless you start as a builder you can't craft woodframes and almost all the recipes are locked behind the workbench - just for example. The expansion pack however does not lock down any vanilla recipe and tries not to dramatically change any vanilla aspect of the game. So its like the vanilla game only with new stuff to play with. That is really the only difference between the two versions for the most part.

So, unless that doesn't sound like what you're playing (and Im pretty sure it is) you're on the Overhaul version.

It should be perfectly safe to update your current game to the latest version. Just ensure your friends on the server also update their client-side files so that they're also up-to-date. I don't know if it will cause any problem if they don't but its just to be safe.

The crossbow repeater is part of the to-do list, right there with the Archery perk that will unlock it. I'm not sure if it will make it in the next update or not, though. We'll see.

Thank you for your support, hope you continue to enjoy my mod.

Interesting. I don't actually modify the forge and very few of my recipes use the forge. I suppose they could be to blame but Im not sure how. Does it only happen when you try to craft my hollow tips?

I have had this issue pop up a few times. It can happen in any crafting window, and for me has only happened when I try searching for an item by typing in its name. The first time I had it happen was in my own inventory typing in "BOLT" to search for crossbow bolts. Second time was in the forge searching for "ARROW" for arrowheads. I've had it happen a few more times since then on other random items. My best guess is either it is something in an underlying "crafting" window frame, or simply a bug in the game itself.

Interestingly enough you're not the first to asked me about that. I'm not sure what to tell you. It works fine everytime I test it. I can only assume that for some reason the water source you're trying to use it at would also not work in vanilla. The only change I did to the jars was give them a left click ability - I make no changes to their normal function. Can you try it on another water source to see if its a consistent problem? Perhaps a picture or description of what water source you're trying to get it from?

From what I have seen, it appears the bug where you cannot fill a water container with the shore at your back has returned. Usually swimming out a little ways and moving around a bunch will allow the containers to fill. This is unfortunately an engine bug, and nothing to do with the mod.

Archived