A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I wondered why the tree gave nothing also the apples didnt make seeds as well.

You should be able to craft apple seed out of apples now. That was one of the fixes in an earlier patch I believe.

VALMAR: Here is the biggest issue with you and your mods, it makes the game way more fun and I spend such long hours playing I end up skipping a meal and realizing I have played for hours on end. Great work as always mate.

Its always a pleasure to make you starve, Jay.

any idea, where to find "hops"?

You have to grow them. Any container that has a chance to drop plant seed can now potentially drop hop seeds.

I was thinking of adding a "Package of Seed" item to the game which you find and then craft into whatever plant seed you want. Might help with finding specific seeds that way. Not like finding seed would be difficult in a zombie outbreak. Some stores literally have shelves of the stuff all packaged up. You could stuff a backpack full of it if you wanted to.

When you try and scrap the cling wrap while still in the containers inventory screen you get the following error:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/499147520060331108/3D9CC1436C8620FB63CF5C3B4AE967E745E53FAD/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14753[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure how you managed this. It won't even let me scrap it unless its in my inventory. It will only give me the "take" option if its in a container. Either way, sounds like a vanilla game bug to me. Though I could be wrong.

Thanks for the response, the last experimental expansion I was not able to make seeds from apples it just had drop and eat. I need to keep looking for hops seeds as well. A seeds pack would be nice though. Keep up the great work.

Ah, I didn't add it to the experimental it seems. I'll make a note of that. Thank you.

I do move it into my inventory and scrap it there while the container screen is still up.

No big deal though - it works fine if I close the container screen and scrap it.

Also, how do you use sealed meat?

You unseal it. If I remember correctly you click on it in inventory and then click recipes, and then you click on meat and craft.

I just want to clarify something here. It is never my fault if their link is not updated. I have /zero/ control or influence over PingPerfect. To put it into perspective no one from PingPerfect has ever contacted me, ever, nor was I ever informed that they even added my mod to their list. I know nothing about them or how they handle things. I have only shared my mod here, on the steam board and on Envul. I have no control over what goes on at PingPerfect.

For one,i dont know why you think i was "attacking you"

i meant you have your ♥♥♥♥ together and they should get theirs together

Need to relax man :)

you're doing a good job

Noticed.

On overhaul when you shoot a bolt with the repeater no bolt returns for the next shot

When i did mine it didn't do that.

Did you get this Mod from Somebody else or was this something you cooked up?

either way its was Well played

Only Thing i did was changed the Load out Value and the animation remained the same

either way i boosted mine to 6 shots.

Figured rank 50 was long way to achieve this Bow..so a incentive to 6 rounds makes it the Top Crossbow in its class

edit

i changed my Iron crossbow to 3 shots and the repeater to 6

and both are repaired with forged iron

not sure about it yet but seems to balance out the Crossbows :)

I do move it into my inventory and scrap it there while the container screen is still up.

No big deal though - it works fine if I close the container screen and scrap it.

Also, how do you use sealed meat?

Just as there is a recipe to seal the meat there is also a recipe to unseal the meat. Sealing the meat is to prevent smell, useful if you're on a hunting trip and dont want to alert the bitters.

Hey Valmar

You misspelled a word again. This time it's on Garden Tools Schematic.

In the description at the very end it says (weed clever) not weed cleaver.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14757[/ATTACH]

Clever find. I'll make a note about that, thanks.

For one,i dont know why you think i was "attacking you"

i meant you have your ♥♥♥♥ together and they should get theirs together

Need to relax man :)

you're doing a good job

Noticed.

On overhaul when you shoot a bolt with the repeater no bolt returns for the next shot

When i did mine it didn't do that.

Did you get this Mod from Somebody else or was this something you cooked up?

either way its was Well played

Only Thing i did was changed the Load out Value and the animation remained the same

either way i boosted mine to 6 shots.

Figured rank 50 was long way to achieve this Bow..so a incentive to 6 rounds makes it the Top Crossbow in its class

edit

i changed my Iron crossbow to 3 shots and the repeater to 6

not sure about it yet but seems to balance out the Crossbows :)

I don't know why you think I thought you were attacking me. Lol. Sorry if I gave that impression, it wasn't my intent. Sometimes even when Im trying to clarify something I can be unclear. Personal fault I guess. I didn't take any of it as an attack or whatever.

The issue with the bolts disappearing, as you describe, has actually always been there in my experience (and was one reason why I didnt want to add a repeater.) I'd be curious to know how you got it to work without this animation error. Also, to answer your question, I made it myself. Though its not like its a complicated code. All it is an extends from normal crossbow with a different magazine count.

I've made a note to look at the level issue in the next update. I don't play much of 7DTD so its easy for me to overlook these little details. The max level you can get in archery is 100 so I figured 50 would be relatively easy. Sounds like thats not the case. I will try to look at the leveling curve for bows as a whole and see if I can make it more reasonable.

VALMAR: I am not sure but I dont think the hollow points are counting towards ranking my rifle. I have fired hundreds of rounds but it is still R7 from before I had any alternate ammo. Also I am using the one with like 8 rounds not the single action bolt rifle. Let me know thanks.

Just as there is a recipe to seal the meat there is also a recipe to unseal the meat. Sealing the meat is to prevent smell, useful if you're on a hunting trip and dont want to alert the bitters.

Clever find. I'll make a note about that, thanks.

I don't know why you think I thought you were attacking me. Lol. Sorry if I gave that impression, it wasn't my intent. Sometimes even when Im trying to clarify something I can be unclear. Personal fault I guess. I didn't take any of it as an attack or whatever.

The issue with the bolts disappearing, as you describe, has actually always been there in my experience (and was one reason why I didnt want to add a repeater.) I'd be curious to know how you got it to work without this animation error. Also, to answer your question, I made it myself. Though its not like its a complicated code. All it is an extends from normal crossbow with a different magazine count.

I've made a note to look at the level issue in the next update. I don't play much of 7DTD so its easy for me to overlook these little details. The max level you can get in archery is 100 so I figured 50 would be relatively easy. Sounds like thats not the case. I will try to look at the leveling curve for bows as a whole and see if I can make it more reasonable.

Well i think the Lvl 50 cap is good (people who want a easy game would think not)

that's why i added incentives to my CrossBows

Originally i used your Last Iron crossbow Set Up and just changed the Magazine value.

Maybe just make a clone of the regular crossbow and try that?

i can't really say how i got it to work.

i'm still new to this .XML stuff.

i am still working on my GUn changes on a Clone of the game i made

But im holding off till Alpha 14.6 just in case there is something you need to make changes too

I've searched through the forum for a fix for getting 7DTD Valmod icons to work on Mac. It's still not working, anyone have any suggestions? Would really love to play this mod :(

I didnt think a Mac would cause that issue, the mod folder is in the 7 days to die part of the folder right?

I didnt think a Mac would cause that issue, the mod folder is in the 7 days to die part of the folder right?

Yeah it is. Not sure what's going on. I tried following this instructions but it's no good

Instructions:

First, the Mods folder must be within the 7dtd application package itself.

So the actual path is ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Mods/etc...

Second, your post on the Shears thread directed me to http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Mod_Interface where I found instructions to create and place a generic ModInfo.xml within /Mods/ItemIconsTest (not in the ItemIcons folder itself).

And, it works. So, you have your answer, and I managed to learn somethin' myself in the process.

Yeah it is. Not sure what's going on. I tried following this instructions but it's no good

Instructions:

First, the Mods folder must be within the 7dtd application package itself.

So the actual path is ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Mods/etc...

Second, your post on the Shears thread directed me to http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Mod_Interface where I found instructions to create and place a generic ModInfo.xml within /Mods/ItemIconsTest (not in the ItemIcons folder itself).

And, it works. So, you have your answer, and I managed to learn somethin' myself in the process.

Glad you got it working the mod folder went in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

Where the exe for the game is and next to the data folder etc not in other folders.

The mod works, but The icons still don't work :biggrin-new:

As jayzenfreeze mentioned the mods folder needs to be in the same directory as the exe.

so common/7 days to die thats it not in other folders or in data or in 7 days to die_data just simple common/7daystodie.

Yes the code you put in config folder works but your icons wont unless it is placed exactly where 3 people have stated it to be put. The icons shold work unless you have changed names of an item then it wont pick up the icon it use to use.

As jayzenfreeze mentioned the mods folder needs to be in the same directory as the exe.

so common/7 days to die thats it not in other folders or in data or in 7 days to die_data just simple common/7daystodie.

Yes the code you put in config folder works but your icons wont unless it is placed exactly where 3 people have stated it to be put. The icons shold work unless you have changed names of an item then it wont pick up the icon it use to use.

Sorry for the spam, I'm having this problem on the mac, not windows.

Where should the ModInfo.xml go to? Right now, it's in the Mod folder. So the Mods folder now has "ItemIcons" folder and the ModInfo.xml right below it. Is this right?

I've been considering just taking out gaining skill points from crafting. A few players just spam crafting say a wooden club and gaining all their exp that way. Think I may tweak it so that you to use survivor notes as the only way to level skills. Unless there is a way to have greater diminishing returns...I can't think of another way to prevent this...

The bone shiv looks like a bag when equipped on the ValmodOverhaulEXPERIMENTAL14.6 v2.3 version.

LOL I mentioned this with the last experimental version, it looks funny using it on an animal. I figured he would of fixed it but might of forgot. I have been using the hunting knife so I didnt see it this update.

Archived