A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

no worries.. i've searched extensively and came up empty. Was hoping that asking here would spark a fix/reason. Since I havent played vanilla in a while couldn't be sure if it was a mod issue or orig game issue so, lol. ^5

Is there a Slasher day ????

Im at day 58 and ran from 1 town to another 1.6 km and i ran into 7 slashers....3 axemen and 4 knifemen (they attack eachother as well as zombies). I dont complain, each drop 5 skillpoint, a treasure map and a steelaxe/machette (that can be legy, finally got a 549 legy machette doing 81 damge :-D )

Keep up the good work :-)

Is there a Slasher day ????

Im at day 58 and ran from 1 town to another 1.6 km and i ran into 7 slashers....3 axemen and 4 knifemen (they attack eachother as well as zombies). I dont complain, each drop 5 skillpoint, a treasure map and a steelaxe/machette (that can be legy, finally got a 549 legy machette doing 81 damge :-D )

Keep up the good work :-)

Funny how random spawn can work sometimes. There is a slasher "night", but no specific day. He's a random spawn in forest biomes. Suppose to be rare. Though however the system calculates that rare spawn is beyond me as it seems like no matter how rare he is there is still cases of him popping up regularly for some people. Not sure there is much else I can do on that front. Luck of the draw, as it were.

@Valmar We need you to enable a version of merchant box that allows users to sell and buy items ... for some stupid reason traders just poof! I had a server for a week and he vanished.

You can adjust that in the traders.xml

Find the merchant delivery box (id="20") and set the allow_sell from "false" to "true". That will let you sell to it.

its all plants. Corn, potatoes, yellow/red flower, cotton. If you see the picture, the are 3 lines of plants (34 spaces long) that was 2 lines of corn, 1 line of potatoes and 90% went poof (weren't there, though, when i went to replant in their place i kept getting the "can't plant here" text as if they were still there).

Wondering if it might be the planting method. This farm is above the ground in "planters".

confirmed

had tried to plant each type in a long single patch of dirt and each plant poofed on planting another down, also attempted to plant in a 4x4 patch and same issue poof goes the crops, makes plots unusable as well, it seems like when you place the next plant from the first it triggers the model to vanish

Crash on Biome Change

When I cross from one Biome to another I crash. Weather it is Snow to Forest, or Desert, or burned. I crash at the border, and when I try to restart that game it just doesn't load. Anyone have an ideas?

Hey Valmar,

is there a complete overview for each Perk/Skill tree?

Example: What Perk i have to buy to build a Workstation/Workbench? Ive got 20 in Carpentry, 20 in Blacksmith but i have the gray "scholar" symbol right of the Workbench? In the description of the Perks/Skilltrees there is no Workbench entry.

Greetings

Gun smithing and alternate recipes?

So I've been brainstorming after playing around with valmod and I thought of some ideas to add onto the mod though I'd like for the mod maker himself to be the judge of them.

First off some new recipes:

Vegetable oil: if gasoline is technically reknewable why not oil? Maybe a string of recipes to end yield with an oil substitute making oil renewable

Acid: lead car batteries are a limited commodity and it's a split to use them for minibikes or spotlights, why not use the acid from stomachs of either zombies or living animals to make an acid suitable for a homemade battery for spotlights?

Cratable gun parts: this be more suited for the overhaul mod, allowing players to craft gun parts at a gunsmithing table, needed four tools to craft a whole gun worth of parts, such as the tool & die set, a rifeling tool, etc. the smithing table unlocks when you hit twenty In any gun skill, but only unlocks the gunparts of the skill you leveled in.

Distillery: not so much for booze as it is for large scale distaltion for needed semi rare chemicals, since potassium nitrate can be extracted from manure and urine irlc I was thinking you could use buckets of water and manure to make a bucket of nitrate, which will yield you about 40 nitrate a pop, this station could also be useful for making other more interesting items though it could be pushed aside and those recipes put in the chemistry station

Charcoal + nitrate = gunpowder: simply put a recipe to mix nitrate with charcoal for gunpowder

Whetstones for the not so mine savy: this is a big one for people in severs who haven't invested a lot into mining, with most metal tools needed a whet stone to craft or repair it would be nice to be able to craft a whet stone with stone, and oil or vegetable oil

Soap not from toilets: now this maybe with me only but I was confused on why I find soap in only toilets, and why I can't use animal fat and charcoal to make my own soap?

Upgradable engines: much like thee recipe to recraft auger and chainsaw pieces the same could be done to small engines to improve them

Crafable parts for the power tools: the nail gun, auger, and chainsaw either come in pieces or in one... most of the time crappy bundle... why not add recipes to craft their parts (except engines)? Add more uses to plastic the stuff you gut from cars and tv's

Okay that's all I got, love to here your opinion on these concepts

Hey Valmar,

is there a complete overview for each Perk/Skill tree?

Example: What Perk i have to buy to build a Workstation/Workbench? Ive got 20 in Carpentry, 20 in Blacksmith but i have the gray "scholar" symbol right of the Workbench? In the description of the Perks/Skilltrees there is no Workbench entry.

Greetings

Workbench in Overhaul is a free recipe that is not locked behind any perk or skill - anyone can craft it. If you're playing on an Overhaul server be sure you have the mod installed locally or else it will incorrectly tell you it is locked since your local files (assuming vanilla) will say it is locked.

Valmod Overhaul Progression Tree Changes

Does anyone have a copy or example of adding the bosses to 7th night hordes?

Cheers

Easy, in a sense. Though a lot of work.

Horde nights are hordeStageGSx groups found in the entitygroups.xml. There are a lot of them... A lot. You can add entities to these groups, such as bosses, if you so desire. I can't overstate how long that might take though. Unless you're clever with some "replace all" feature to work some quick magic in notepad++.

So I've been brainstorming after playing around with valmod and I thought of some ideas to add onto the mod though I'd like for the mod maker himself to be the judge of them.

First off some new recipes:

Vegetable oil: if gasoline is technically reknewable why not oil? Maybe a string of recipes to end yield with an oil substitute making oil renewable

Acid: lead car batteries are a limited commodity and it's a split to use them for minibikes or spotlights, why not use the acid from stomachs of either zombies or living animals to make an acid suitable for a homemade battery for spotlights?

Cratable gun parts: this be more suited for the overhaul mod, allowing players to craft gun parts at a gunsmithing table, needed four tools to craft a whole gun worth of parts, such as the tool & die set, a rifeling tool, etc. the smithing table unlocks when you hit twenty In any gun skill, but only unlocks the gunparts of the skill you leveled in.

Distillery: not so much for booze as it is for large scale distaltion for needed semi rare chemicals, since potassium nitrate can be extracted from manure and urine irlc I was thinking you could use buckets of water and manure to make a bucket of nitrate, which will yield you about 40 nitrate a pop, this station could also be useful for making other more interesting items though it could be pushed aside and those recipes put in the chemistry station

Charcoal + nitrate = gunpowder: simply put a recipe to mix nitrate with charcoal for gunpowder

Whetstones for the not so mine savy: this is a big one for people in severs who haven't invested a lot into mining, with most metal tools needed a whet stone to craft or repair it would be nice to be able to craft a whet stone with stone, and oil or vegetable oil

Soap not from toilets: now this maybe with me only but I was confused on why I find soap in only toilets, and why I can't use animal fat and charcoal to make my own soap?

Upgradable engines: much like thee recipe to recraft auger and chainsaw pieces the same could be done to small engines to improve them

Crafable parts for the power tools: the nail gun, auger, and chainsaw either come in pieces or in one... most of the time crappy bundle... why not add recipes to craft their parts (except engines)? Add more uses to plastic the stuff you gut from cars and tv's

Okay that's all I got, love to here your opinion on these concepts

Thanks for the feedback and ideas. Always appreciated.

Vegetable oil: What purpose/function/use would this serve?

Acid: You're suggesting looting acid to be able to craft a battery? Possible, though Im not sure where this falls in the realm of realism. Can someone really make a battery capable of powering a minibike by scoping acid out of decayed zombie guts?

Crafting gun parts: I have humored the idea in the past though have repeatedly dropped the idea due to how "easy" it ultimately makes things if I let it be possible. Especially mid-to-late game. Servers especially would suffer for it I believe. Much as they did back in the day when you could craft gun parts in vanilla.

Distillery: The chemistry station sorta already fills this role.

Charcoal/Nitrate Gunpowder: Is that scientifically possible? I'm not ver savvy (read: an idiot) on such things so I'm not sure if it makes sense to be able to use charcoal or not. If there is a sound argument that supports this being possible (not in a mod sense but rather a realistic sense) then it would be a simple thing to add.

Whetstone: Adding a recipe for whetstone is a simple matter though I don't want a recipe for it. I rather prefer the player needing to harvest it. Mining it from boulders is typically the better option rather than stone. If you want a recipe for it, however, here is one...

<recipe name="whetstone" count="1">
<ingredient name="rockSmall" count="2"  />
</recipe>

Soap: Finding it in the toilet is actually a joke/gag. A sort of inside joke, really, about how silly it is the Pimps have us looting through toilet bowls to find pistols and turds. Have you ever read the description for soap?

Upgradable engines: Sure. I will make a note to add that in.

Valmar How to make a silencer for a gun?

There is no recipe for the silencer. You have to find it in loot or buy one from a vendor.

Trying to get a Mac buddy onto our server

1. locate the 7DTD.app: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app

On Mac, App's are a container, like a folder. (Backslash is for covering spaces. May on an English system the path is slightly different)

2. Right-Click on the 7DaysToDie.app and choose "open package" (I have the German version, so I don't know exactly how it's called)

3. Now you see two folders, Contents and Data. Go to Data an open it. In a second window open Valmod-Folder. Now drag all files from Valmod-Data-Config into the 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config and overwrite. Same with Prefabs. (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Prefabs)

4. Now go back to: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die

That is the folder which the app is in. Now drag the Valmod-MOD-Folder into this folder. The MOD-Folder should be next to the .app now.

This is different to the Win-method!

5. Do the same with the Valmod-SMX-Folder

Now you should have next to the .app the MOD and SMX-Folder

At this point you will see after open the game just white fields in the UI, because the SMX-Links doesn't work so you have to edit the three files in the Data/Config/XUI folder

6. Download the attachment and drag the content of the zip into Data/Config (overwrite) [ATTACH]18374[/ATTACH]

7. Bigger Backpack Mod doesn't work. May someone find out how to get it to work on a Mac (and no, it has nothing to do with EAC...)

I changed all "@file..." against "@http..."-Links, so I think you need internet-connection and the site has to be online...

I hope it helps, it's just a trail and error-method, because I'm not a modder :)

PS: if someone will tell me how to post big pictures here and how to make spoilers I will upload screenshots

We did this above method and 7DTD is sticking at loading game data, is their a better way to load this mod on mac now?

Guide for adding this mod to a Mac?

Got a buddy that wants to play with us and we followed a bit someone had on here for getting the mod to work on a Mac, did everything and we are getting stalled on loading data before the menu selection. Is their a guide for Mac's is what I am curious about, just to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

any word on the plant issue val ?

Unfortunately if I cannot replicate the problem there isn't anything I can really do about it. The plant growth system largely all "extends" from the cropsGrowingMaster block. Which means they all use the code from it, with the only difference being what model they take and how much they provide harvest. The master block is also vanilla. For all extensive purposes the plants are vanilla. I'm not really sure what could be wrong with them. I've tried it myself several times now and they all grow fine for me, regardless of how grouped together they are or whatever.

There is no recipe for the silencer. You have to find it in loot or buy one from a vendor.

Lived for 19 days, but the muffler did not fall. The dealer does not sell it. Write the code of the recipe to be inserted into the file. For making need tube and ...

The dealer sells too little of the concrete mix. Where to edit the sales quantity?

Charcoal/Nitrate Gunpowder: Is that scientifically possible? I'm not ver savvy (read: an idiot) on such things so I'm not sure if it makes sense to be able to use charcoal or not. If there is a sound argument that supports this being possible (not in a mod sense but rather a realistic sense) then it would be a simple thing to add.

Here is the real world recipe for gunpowder: Gunpowder, also known as black powder to distinguish it from modern gunpowder, is the earliest known chemical explosive. It consists of a mixture of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate (saltpeter). The sulfur and charcoal act as fuels while the saltpeter is an oxidizer.

Seal

Thanks for the feedback and ideas. Always appreciated.

Vegetable oil: What purpose/function/use would this serve?

Acid: You're suggesting looting acid to be able to craft a battery? Possible, though Im not sure where this falls in the realm of realism. Can someone really make a battery capable of powering a minibike by scoping acid out of decayed zombie guts?

Crafting gun parts: I have humored the idea in the past though have repeatedly dropped the idea due to how "easy" it ultimately makes things if I let it be possible. Especially mid-to-late game. Servers especially would suffer for it I believe. Much as they did back in the day when you could craft gun parts in vanilla.

Distillery: The chemistry station sorta already fills this role.

Whetstone: Adding a recipe for whetstone is a simple matter though I don't want a recipe for it. I rather prefer the player needing to harvest it. Mining it from boulders is typically the better option rather than stone. If you want a recipe for it, however, here is one...

<recipe name="whetstone" count="1">
<ingredient name="rockSmall" count="2"  />
</recipe>

Soap: Finding it in the toilet is actually a joke/gag. A sort of inside joke, really, about how silly it is the Pimps have us looting through toilet bowls to find pistols and turds. Have you ever read the description for soap?

Upgradable engines: Sure. I will make a note to add that in.

Vegetable oil: a source of oil a bit more renewable incase oil shale is a for miners

Acid: not batteries for bike but spotlights, using the clay base you use for the water filter as the casing (additionally stomach acid is almost as acidic as battery acid)

Crafting gun parts: if not a way to craft them then a way to improve them at least with use of specific tools and a special table ... moreso for servers with smaller groups like with friends

Charcoal/nitrate: making black powder/ gun powder irl takes charcoal but also irl it would take sulfur, the ratios are like 75% nitrate, 12.5% charcoal, & 12.5% sulfur... or

Something like that.

Whetstone: where would I put that recipe

In the xml? Last time I tried all my recipes were gone...

Also it may just be me but the xml is very unorganized (ps. My way to balance the whetstone recipe was to use more stone and oil, since you need an oil to make sure the blade sharpens smoothly)

Chainsaw/ auger parts: what about those? Given it's one of the things you didn't touch upon

Also how do the animal snares work?

Do they generate loot after some time? Or need and animal to step on them?

Lived for 19 days, but the muffler did not fall. The dealer does not sell it. Write the code of the recipe to be inserted into the file. For making need tube and ...

The dealer sells too little of the concrete mix. Where to edit the sales quantity?

Might have more luck if you create some merchant delivery boxes.

Anywho.

Recipe:

<recipe name="gunSilencer" count="1" >
<ingredient name="cloth" count="10"/>
<ingredient name="oil" count="10"/>
<ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="ductTape" count="5"/>
</recipe>

Trader loot is handled by the traders.xml

Go to the trader group constructionSupplies

Modify this:

<item name="concreteMix" count="5,20"/>

5= minimum, 20=maximum. Increase these values to be whatever you desire.

Here is the real world recipe for gunpowder: Gunpowder, also known as black powder to distinguish it from modern gunpowder, is the earliest known chemical explosive. It consists of a mixture of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate (saltpeter). The sulfur and charcoal act as fuels while the saltpeter is an oxidizer.

Seal

So you're saying charcoal would work then, yeah?

Unfortunately if I cannot replicate the problem there isn't anything I can really do about it. The plant growth system largely all "extends" from the cropsGrowingMaster block. Which means they all use the code from it, with the only difference being what model they take and how much they provide harvest. The master block is also vanilla. For all extensive purposes the plants are vanilla. I'm not really sure what could be wrong with them. I've tried it myself several times now and they all grow fine for me, regardless of how grouped together they are or whatever.

could just be i dropped the mod in and didnt hit replace all on somthing. i ll test and see

Archived