A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

valmar you are a master at what you do have been playing thisupdate for a few hours now and am yet to find anything even worth calling an issue thank you for all your hard work and cant wait to spend many more hours playing your mod

valmar you are a master at what you do have been playing thisupdate for a few hours now and am yet to find anything even worth calling an issue thank you for all your hard work and cant wait to spend many more hours playing your mod

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21007[/ATTACH]

I wanted to play but this error prevents me from loading it.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Screenshots/Screenshot%202017-06-17%2012.23.04.png

The image is too small and I suspect the drop box link you used is incorrect as it seems to be pointing to a local account location rather than a publicly shared one. Either way I'm going to need to know more about what the actually says to be of any help.

Of the top of my head: If you're playing 7DTD Experimental make sure you have the latest experimental build installed and the latest Valmod Overhaul Experimental build installed. The Valmod Experimental does not work with the stable version of the game. If you're still playing stable 7DTD (A15.2) then use the main Valmod files downloaded from the original post.

I know this isn't a an issue within this mod but since I am encountering it while playing this mod I hope someone can help. When I try and mark a location on the map and type in a description it says I have to be in Steam Big Picture Mode to use the keyboard. How do I get into that if I am loading the game from a dedicated folder with just Valmod in it. I am not loading the game from within Steam. Again I know this isn't related to this mod but I am just trying to find an answer.

Hey Valmer, I have another bug for you to look at. With the animal trapping quest, it doesn't go all the way through. It only stops at the animal snare portion. Also, chemistry 101 book is not readable. These are very small problems but I wanted to bring them to your attention so you can be aware of them. Great mod as well, keep up the good work

object reference not set to an instance of an object Error ,Mac

Ive been trying to install this mod and i have Did everything instructed for Mac users and Now it all installed

But i cant Load into severs or singleplayer because of a and error;object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If you have any advise i willing to receive it

The lag issue in the furnace interface needs to be fixed, even in single player my game gets drops in speed when in the furnace.

There is nothing I can do to fix that. Its something only the Pimps can resolve. Try typing spam in the search box when in the furnace, that tends to fix it for a time.

I know this isn't a an issue within this mod but since I am encountering it while playing this mod I hope someone can help. When I try and mark a location on the map and type in a description it says I have to be in Steam Big Picture Mode to use the keyboard. How do I get into that if I am loading the game from a dedicated folder with just Valmod in it. I am not loading the game from within Steam. Again I know this isn't related to this mod but I am just trying to find an answer.

I assume you use a different exe to launch into Valmod and as such have two versions of the game installed for this purpose? You could try adding the Valmod version's game .exe to steam as a "non-steam game" and launch it through there. That might do it.

Hey Valmer, I have another bug for you to look at. With the animal trapping quest, it doesn't go all the way through. It only stops at the animal snare portion. Also, chemistry 101 book is not readable. These are very small problems but I wanted to bring them to your attention so you can be aware of them. Great mod as well, keep up the good work

I will take a look at those then, thank you. Not sure I will be able to goet the snare quest working again or not though since the quests seem to be a bit more flaky thank they were before. We'll see.

Nope, just download, extract the files to your 7dtd folder and that's it.

Choose either "overhaul" or "expansion" to download though

Overhaul is more fun, also would be better to start with a new char for overhaul :)

Go for expansion brother. ValMod makes it a whole new game. Worth it just fir the Cling Wrap to put raw meat in, but there are so many great things in these mods. This guy does incredible work and to be honest, I really couldn't play (single player) without ValMod. THAT is how good they are. Enjoy.

There is nothing I can do to fix that. Its something only the Pimps can resolve. Try typing spam in the search box when in the furnace, that tends to fix it for a time.

I assume you use a different exe to launch into Valmod and as such have two versions of the game installed for this purpose? You could try adding the Valmod version's game .exe to steam as a "non-steam game" and launch it through there. That might do it.

I will take a look at those then, thank you. Not sure I will be able to goet the snare quest working again or not though since the quests seem to be a bit more flaky thank they were before. We'll see.

Take your time, it's not a rush. I just wanted to put it out there so you are aware of what is happening. Those issues are not crippling by any stretch and he mod is still WELL worth playing.

The lag issue in the furnace interface needs to be fixed, even in single player my game gets drops in speed when in the furnace.

The Lag is the Engine trying to display so many recipes in any of the stations simply filter your list to what you're looking for and the FPS lag goes away.

This has been there since A14 or earlier. no real way for a modder to fix i don't think.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed the book issue seems to be tied to the misc crafting skill which has changed from a level up to 100 skill to a buy in up to 5 skill.

I noticed the book issue seems to be tied to the misc crafting skill which has changed from a level up to 100 skill to a buy in up to 5 skill.

Jeeze people, give me a little mercy here. :D So many vague references to books. What books have issue? Other than the Chemistry book I haven't found one yet. The only thing that teaches craftSkillMiscellaneous that I could find was a schematic for handlebars but that is irrelevant since such a schematic does not exist in Valmod and can only be acquired through the cheat menu.

If someone points out what books they're having issues with I'd be more than happy to investigate it further and fix the issue. :p

I do have one issue and thats how messy the xml's are, this is just a small pet peeve of mine nothing else.

Messy in what way? Do you have an example? What XML specifically? Are you using Notepad++ for viewing xml files? I'm genuinely curious.

i'm still having the issue with tool quality dropping to 1 when i hit tool crafting level 3 or higher. honestly i haven't tested it with any weapons or armor. it's happened after using survivor and builder. i tried a complete uninstall of both game and steamcmd

hoping this doesn't double post, it didn't show up when i posted before and will delete if able to if it does double post:

still having the bug when using either builder or scavenger to get tool crafting to level 3 or above, all tools crafted afterwards has a quality of 1. i ensured i had the b113 version downloaded and did a complete fresh install of both 7 dtd and steam cmd

follow up on previous post

i have found out that once you get to the proper level for the skill, that the quality returns to normal (200 for level 3) not sure if this is something you'll be able to work around or not valmar, but at least i found that out for you :D

You would be correct my good sir. I use different .exe for all the mods I play to hopefully keep from having a conflict. Your suggestion of putting it in Steam as a non-Steam game worked perfectly. Thanks for the advice!

Messy in what way? Do you have an example? What XML specifically? Are you using Notepad++ for viewing xml files? I'm genuinely curious.

I believe it's notepad or notepad++. Either way the xml's With notepad are very messy like the enter key was not used at all compared to how the vanilla xml's look like in the same application, I'll post a picture when I get back on of an example image of what I see

i have found out that once you get to the proper level for the skill, that the quality returns to normal (200 for level 3) not sure if this is something you'll be able to work around or not valmar, but at least i found that out for you :D

When B113 dropped did you not start a new map as suggested by the devs? At anyrate, this particular bug should had been resolved 5~ days ago and shouldn't be present in the current Valmod Overhaul Experimental build.

Admin Axe still not giving resources, havn't tested any deeper, but seems to be working a lot better then build one. Thanks Val!

Assuming I have say in the matter the admin axe will not give resources. I don't want it to. Even before when it did it only did so because the game was not acknowledging the property added that tells it to not support harvest (to the point that I wonder what on earth that property is meant to do if not that).

If you're really that determined to get the admin axe to give resources it should be solvable by adding this to the Action0:

<property name="ToolCategory.harvestingTools" value="1" param1="1"/>

I believe it's notepad or notepad++. Either way the xml's With notepad are very messy like the enter key was not used at all compared to how the vanilla xml's look like in the same application, I'll post a picture when I get back on of an example image of what I see

That you're not sure if its notepad or notepad++ suggests to me to that you're using the default windows notepad. I say this because there is no way someone would confuse the two - plus notepad++ is something you have to download and install. I recommend grabbing it (its completely free) and using it to view your xml files. It will be a night and day difference. Words fail to describe how stark the difference is but once you look at an XML file in notepad++ you will immediately understand.

Honestly it sounds like notepad is messing up the format of your xml files. Though I don't know for certain since you still haven't actually provided a solid example or even pointed to a specific xml.

:fatigue: woodframe needs study by me ?? valmod mod 113

Woodframes have ALWAYS required the player to unlock them in Valmod Overhaul. You need level 10 in the Carpentry skill to unlock the recipe. Easy to unlock early on if you rush it. Until then, provided you're playing the latest version, you should be able to craft cabin wood blocks for free though they're not as durable or long-term.

Archived