A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Need wipe dedicated server for expansion mod?

no expansion just require a restart as it don't effect anything but adds stuff, as far as im aware.

i do believe that you will need to require people to install the mod locally in order to play the server though, at least the overhaul does.

How?

just need to edit the terrain gen and biome gen areas at the end of rwgmixer.xml in valmod with the same contents from the one from gnamod, i did this inside the compopack rwgmixer.xml and added custom terrain gen and biome

need to replace all the content between <terrain_generators> .... </biome_spawn_rules>

Might have more luck if you create some merchant delivery boxes.

Anywho.

Recipe:

<recipe name="gunSilencer" count="1" >
   <ingredient name="cloth" count="10"/>
   <ingredient name="oil" count="10"/>
   <ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="1"/>
   <ingredient name="ductTape" count="5"/>
</recipe>

Trader loot is handled by the traders.xml

Go to the trader group constructionSupplies

Modify this:

<item name="concreteMix" count="5,20"/>

5= minimum, 20=maximum. Increase these values to be whatever you desire.

So you're saying charcoal would work then, yeah?

Yes, I have done that before by adding the charcoal in as a second gunpowder recipe.

How do I get the animal trap challenge? Can I loot it, buy it from quest board, etc? I looked in the items.xml and the challenge note was commented out.

Update: Found the animal trap book while looting a gun store in a wasteland biome! :D

How do I get the animal trap challenge? Can I loot it, buy it from quest board, etc? I looked in the items.xml and the challenge note was commented out.

Update: Found the animal trap book while looting a gun store in a wasteland biome! :D

books give skill points, isn't it?

1. locate the 7DTD.app: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app

On Mac, App's are a container, like a folder. (Backslash is for covering spaces. May on an English system the path is slightly different)

2. Right-Click on the 7DaysToDie.app and choose "open package" (I have the German version, so I don't know exactly how it's called)

3. Now you see two folders, Contents and Data. Go to Data an open it. In a second window open Valmod-Folder. Now drag all files from Valmod-Data-Config into the 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config and overwrite. Same with Prefabs. (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Prefabs)

4. Now go back to: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die

That is the folder which the app is in. Now drag the Valmod-MOD-Folder into this folder. The MOD-Folder should be next to the .app now.

This is different to the Win-method!

5. Do the same with the Valmod-SMX-Folder

Now you should have next to the .app the MOD and SMX-Folder

At this point you will see after open the game just white fields in the UI, because the SMX-Links doesn't work so you have to edit the three files in the Data/Config/XUI folder

6. Download the attachment and drag the content of the zip into Data/Config (overwrite) [ATTACH]18374[/ATTACH]

7. Bigger Backpack Mod doesn't work. May someone find out how to get it to work on a Mac (and no, it has nothing to do with EAC...)

I changed all "@file..." against "@http..."-Links, so I think you need internet-connection and the site has to be online...

I hope it helps, it's just a trail and error-method, because I'm not a modder :)

PS: if someone will tell me how to post big pictures here and how to make spoilers I will upload screenshots

After following these directions, the mod works on my machine when playing SP. But when I connect to a server with Overhaul, I get the red ? on most UI backgrounds. Need to verify the server is up to date, but when I log in the version says 4.75. However, in SP the version says 4.3. Been digging through the xml files, but am not knowledgeable enough to sort this myself.

The three XUI-specific files you need to worry about already have comments in them to tell you what needs to be changed and what to change it too. View the files in notepad++ so the comments stand out more in green.

Example of what it looks like in notepad++:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" /> <!-- Online Mac: @http://i.imgur.com/41Ldkxq.png -->

Thus you would turn into this for MAC:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@http://i.imgur.com/41Ldkxq.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" />

Alternatively you could change the \ into / for the texture addresses where commented.

MAC wrong:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" />

MAC right:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@file:Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" />

Editing to the MAC Right did NOT work for me.

Need wipe dedicated server for expansion mod?

You don't NEED a wipe, no. I'd recommend it but it isn't strictly needed for Expansion - at least not in my experience.

After following these directions, the mod works on my machine when playing SP. But when I connect to a server with Overhaul, I get the red ? on most UI backgrounds. Need to verify the server is up to date, but when I log in the version says 4.75. However, in SP the version says 4.3. Been digging through the xml files, but am not knowledgeable enough to sort this myself.

Worth noting that the XUI-relevant files (which hand the ui stuff like this) are all server-based. Meaning they push from the server to client. That is to say, changing these files on your client wont have any impact on the server. You'd need to set it on the server to have these changes if you want it to have effect on your client.

Hi Valmar,

Enjoying the Overhaul Mod, certainly makes a different play :-)

Are you planning to do upgrade the mod once A16 is out?

Keep up the good work :-)

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it.

I do plan to update to the A16 standard whenever it comes out - though it may take me a while to get things all working depending on how drastic the update is.

Hello, how i can use this backpack mod in another mod?

You can find a standalone version of the 45 slot backpack here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?56082-Mod-Resource-45-Slot-Backpack

Valmod Crashing!?

My game keeps crashing every 30 minutes or so. It keeps leaving crash reports, but since this is in Valmod I do not know who should get them? The Fun Pimps, or Valmar?

It usually does it when I am looting something, and when it does it on my day 7 horde night I can't go to another horde. They just don't happen for some reason.

In your 7 days folder you'll see one that says 7 days data or something, in that folder look for output_log.txt open that and look for a line that starts with err and paste that or the whole file to pastebin.com more then likely it was an install problem. Is this in sp or mp

My game keeps crashing every 30 minutes or so. It keeps leaving crash reports, but since this is in Valmod I do not know who should get them? The Fun Pimps, or Valmar?

It usually does it when I am looting something, and when it does it on my day 7 horde night I can't go to another horde. They just don't happen for some reason.

Without seeing the output_log after such a crash its hard to say. The only type of crash that my mod would potentially introduce is Out Of Memory or other memory-related issues. My mod does tend to be more memory/ram dependent than vanilla since I have more UMA zombies than the vanilla game. These use up more memory. In your video settings set the UMA Texture Quality setting on the lowest to see if that helps.

I apologize and will delete if this isn't allowed here, but I just started a new LP with this mod:

Thats no problem at all. Hopefully I find time to take a peek myself at some point. Though 40 minutes is a bit much for my timeframe lately lol. :p

Biggerbackpack - Losing items on logout

Hello Valmar love your mods, Im having an issue recently with the biggerbackpack mod, On my server i have the Valmod Expansion and Biggerback for Expansion, but recently when a player disconects from the server they seem to lose the last row of there items? any idea why this is?

Thats no problem at all. Hopefully I find time to take a peek myself at some point. Though 40 minutes is a bit much for my timeframe lately lol. :p

Man, that would be flattering as hell to have the mod creator himself watch my vids!

Yeah, maybe I need to trim my vids down to 30 minutes or less. I'm still learning. :) I've got 7 episodes out so far, and I think I'm getting better.

Speaking of... the audio on the first vid is a little "tinny", but the rest are better. I found the setting I had wrong.

Same Issue

This is my error log. I already changed the Path of the files by the game still trys to find the old Paths (I'm on macos).

Does anyone know why ? Also tried to change the Path to the github raw url but still get the same error

I have the same problem on my mac. Here is an example of a line in my current windows.xml:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" /> <!-- Online Mac: @https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png -->

Can someone please tell me exactly what I should change this to?

MegaCity Mod Issues

I downloaded the Expansion and Overhaul under the Megacity tab using the mod launcher, however the game just crashes when pressing on play mod. Any idea on what could be causing this issue?

Hello Valmar love your mods, Im having an issue recently with the biggerbackpack mod, On my server i have the Valmod Expansion and Biggerback for Expansion, but recently when a player disconects from the server they seem to lose the last row of there items? any idea why this is?

Ensure the server really has the bigger backpack mod correctly installed. Some servers do not allow modifying the the assembly-csharp.dll file - like Gameservers for example. In my experience when you go to add the files it won't even make it clear that it rejected it, which can lead you to mistakenly thinking it installed as intended. One way to test is to see if the server works with EAC enabled. If it does, then it didn't accept the file.

Furthermore also ensure the client has it installed locally as wall since that could influence it.

Finally the player may need to die once for the extra inventory slots to be acknowledge and remembered.

I have the same problem on my mac. Here is an example of a line in my current windows.xml:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" /> <!-- Online Mac: @https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png -->

Can someone please tell me exactly what I should change this to?

The texture address you've given works fine for me. Do note that if you're playing on a server this won't make a difference because the server reads its own XUI files, not the clients. So these changes would have to be made by the server itself for you to see any benefit.

I play on a PC, but my friend plays on a Mac.

Regarding Mac; has anyone found a fix to using the overhaul mod with A15? The best we can do is have all icons, but the textures (toolbelt, health background, etc) will not appear. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Did you ever get this working? I play on a mac and my friend hosts a server on a PC. What should the .xml line look like?

I downloaded the Expansion and Overhaul under the Megacity tab using the mod launcher, however the game just crashes when pressing on play mod. Any idea on what could be causing this issue?

Hey Ceruli. Sorry you are having trouble.

When it crashes, how does it crash for you? Black screen? If so, make sure that Use EAC is NOT checked in the Mod Launcher if you are using the Backpack Expansion mod.

Next time it crashes, would you mind posting your log file? Go to in the View menu of the Mod Launcher, click on Log Files. Then, in the little drop down box, you should see your output_log.txt file from the Game. After that gets selected, click on Upload log file. It will give you a pastebin.com link in the corner. If you could provide me with that, we'd be able to fix you up in a jiffy :)

Archived