A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

i can only hope A16 brings performance improvements too, A14 was so smooth, and i could play it with a decent framerate consistently, but A15 pretty much put all of that 6 feet under, and now i rarely get the framerate to stay at a stable amount and the game always stutters with even loading regular zeds.

i can only hope A16 brings performance improvements too, A14 was so smooth, and i could play it with a decent framerate consistently, but A15 pretty much put all of that 6 feet under, and now i rarely get the framerate to stay at a stable amount and the game always stutters with even loading regular zeds.

Depends on what specifically is causing your system to fall behind. Though given the changes they'll be performing on the vanilla UMA zombies and the new shape and paint system I suspect things will be better than ever performance wise. Only time will tell.

Oh Ubuntu 17.04 have valmod loaded on both dedicated and client side.

Still when I log onto the server it shows up with all the icons missing.

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\QuestTracker\questsbg.png

(Filename:  Line: 1150)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\valtoolbelt.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\staminabarempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\foodwaterempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\hudotherbg.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\inventorybg.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\indicator.png

2017-04-18T17:09:35 61.066 INF Disconnect
Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\indicator.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\valtoolbelt.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\staminabarempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\hudotherbg.png

I do notice this and wonder how I can remedy the problem?

The instructions are in the xml, right?

<xml>
<ModInfo>
<Name value="SMX"/>
<Description value="Enhanced UI for 7 Days To Die"/>
<Author value="Sirillion"/>
<Version value="15b104er08"/>
<Website value="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42922-SMX-By-Sirillion"/>
</ModInfo>
</xml>

Those are the enclosed XML files with the icon folders. I did not edit anything.

<xml>
<ModInfo>
<Name value="SMX"/>
<Description value="Enhanced UI for 7 Days To Die"/>
<Author value="Sirillion"/>
<Version value="15b104er08"/>
<Website value="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42922-SMX-By-Sirillion"/>
</ModInfo>
</xml>

Those are the enclosed XML files with the icon folders. I did not edit anything.

One method is to go to .steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config/XUi (in the shell add backslashes to the spaces) and search in the xml files for the string "online mac" and substitute the texture string with the http version. The small downside is that the textures have to be downloaded from the web every time you start the game

Or to use the local files instead change into the /.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Directory and execute the following script, which directly puts the texture files where they are searched for by the client (owing to the windows/unix mismatch of directory separators

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

die "Wrong directory. Change to 7 Days installation main dir before executing\n" if (not -d "Mods/SMX/Textures/UnitFrames");

my @listoffiles= `find Mods/SMX/Textures -type f -name '*.png' -print`;

foreach (@listoffiles) {
chomp;
my $new= $_;
$new=~s{/}{\\\\}g;	
system("cp $_ $new")==0 or die "Failed to copy a file to $ENV{PWD}\n";
}

One method is to go to .steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config/XUi (in the shell add backslashes to the spaces) and search in the xml files for the string "online mac" and substitute the texture string with the http version. The small downside is that the textures have to be downloaded from the web every time you start the game

Or to use the local files instead change into the /.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Directory and execute the following script, which directly puts the texture files where they are searched for by the client (owing to the windows/unix mismatch of directory separators

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

die "Wrong directory. Change to 7 Days installation main dir before executing\n" if (not -d "Mods/SMX/Textures/UnitFrames");

my @listoffiles= `find Mods/SMX/Textures -type f -name '*.png' -print`;

foreach (@listoffiles) {
chomp;
my $new= $_;
$new=~s{/}{\\\\}g;	
system("cp $_ $new")==0 or die "Failed to copy a file to $ENV{PWD}\n";
}

How to use this script on my Mac computer :cower:

Hi all!

After plenty of time playing this awesome mod i have one question that i don't see answered here or i cannot find it. Apparently in every storage container i find on new POI's there is no loot. In other mods this sort of containers (weapon, ammo, building, explosive and health) give very good loot. I don't know if this is intended or if it has to due with the backpack mod as it might change the way this containers work.

Thanks in advance!

How to use this script on my Mac computer :cower:

Since I did not test the script on Mac and don't even know if the perl language is installed on a Mac, it might be easier for you to use the other method and edit the xml files. Just search for the string "http" (instead of "online mac') and you will find all 15 occurences in Data/Config/XUi/

But if you really prefer the local version, try this (you can't break anything, the script checks that it is doing the right thing):

1) Open a terminal (terminal is an application you can find with spotlight) and type in "perl -v" and Enter. If you get an error, perl is not installed. Then you would have to install perl (probably available from apple) first.

2) Type into the terminal "cd .steam/steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die" and Enter. Use a text editor to save the script text into a text file called "valmodlinker" that you store into that directory. Type into the terminal "chmod a+x valmodlinker" and Enter. Type "./valmodlinker" and Enter. If you didn't get any error messages at any step, you should see 12 files like

"Mods\\SMX\\Textures\\Compass\\indicator.png"

in this directory.

Hope this helps

i keep getting a 'assembly CSharp' error and don't know why I think it is from the backpack mod because of me playing the extention pack without the backpack, any help please.

Only reason the assembly file should ever be touched is if you opted to install the optional bigger backpack mod. The base mod does not touch the file. Launching without EAC/AntiCheat might help. If not I'd recommend verifying file integrity with steam and then reinstalling the mod (being sure not to install the bigger backpack)

Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Any upcoming updates MR.Valmar?

Not that I can foresee. I'm mainly just waiting for the next big alpha update to release, like everyone else. Lol.

apple tree bug

(I replied in this thread last week but it did not show up. I think it maybe stuck somewhere.)

Good mod Mr Valmar. I enjoy your work very much.

In my base, I have huge farm and orchard (of apple) for food production.

I harvest my apple tree with a steel axe, which turn harvestable trees into harvested trees.

Normally, a harvested tree will grow back into a harvestable tree at around 1 game day.

But if you hit the harvested tree once more without cutting it all down before it changes into a harvestable tree, the damaged harvested tree turn into a harvestable tree with 0/40 HP that cannot be broken down by fist or by axe (no apple yield too).

I have a couple of these apple trees in my orchard and that really annoys me.

I even tried to dig around and below and try to make it fall but it just float there.

I wonder if there is any way to get rid of these bugged tree by some XML edit.

On the other hand I think these bugged trees can be used as some undestructible fence for my base...

Sir Valmar!

Hello Sir Valmar! I and my wife and friends (8 or 9 of us) thank you and those whom helped you with ValMod :) Excellent work and many thanks to all of 'you!' Y'all made a very good game GREAT!

"We" were wondering if it would be possible to be able to steer the minibike with the mouse instead of the keys in one of your mods? Cause it's hard enough to keep our left hands - especially my pinky finger - held down on the keyboard for long periods of time; while our mouse isn't doing anything.

Again - thank yall for all the hard work!

Boop

Hey there, was wondering if you could add some more bladed weapons into the game such as battle axes, katanas, or even some great swords XD I know you added a couple of new ones in your mod but they just don't feel that accurate or even as fun as something like a katana or a great sword would be >:3

I loved true survivals weapons but there is some bug in that game that resets my character for daring to change the game speed for night times. I just can't play like that, not even backing up my character will save it from the reset :/

I also loved how the retical for the crossbow stayed up even when aiming down sights in that mod. Any chance it would be coming over here too? It's soooo helping for shooting with the crossbow seeing as aiming with it normally is janky as hell

Do you know any mods that I could download ontop of yours that would give me that? Thanks a bunch man

Thanks!

1. locate the 7DTD.app: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app

On Mac, App's are a container, like a folder. (Backslash is for covering spaces. May on an English system the path is slightly different)

2. Right-Click on the 7DaysToDie.app and choose "open package" (I have the German version, so I don't know exactly how it's called)

3. Now you see two folders, Contents and Data. Go to Data an open it. In a second window open Valmod-Folder. Now drag all files from Valmod-Data-Config into the 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config and overwrite. Same with Prefabs. (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Prefabs)

4. Now go back to: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die

That is the folder which the app is in. Now drag the Valmod-MOD-Folder into this folder. The MOD-Folder should be next to the .app now.

This is different to the Win-method!

5. Do the same with the Valmod-SMX-Folder

Now you should have next to the .app the MOD and SMX-Folder

At this point you will see after open the game just white fields in the UI, because the SMX-Links doesn't work so you have to edit the three files in the Data/Config/XUI folder

6. Download the attachment and drag the content of the zip into Data/Config (overwrite) [ATTACH]18374[/ATTACH]

7. Bigger Backpack Mod doesn't work. May someone find out how to get it to work on a Mac (and no, it has nothing to do with EAC...)

I changed all "@file..." against "@http..."-Links, so I think you need internet-connection and the site has to be online...

I hope it helps, it's just a trail and error-method, because I'm not a modder :)

PS: if someone will tell me how to post big pictures here and how to make spoilers I will upload screenshots

Thank you so much for the help with setting up valmod on my mac. I have been trying to do it for over 6 months now, and was beginning to give up hope!

I just got it 6 hours ago, and was playing 6 hours straight (to make up for lost time of course :p) the only downside is the UI bug. I really wish there was a way to fix it, or at least implement another UI over the top/instead. As it is surprisingly quite difficult with no knowledge of your stamina. Please reply with any answers, but either way I want you to know how much i appreciate your efforts.

I have Valmod Overhaul installed. I have a lot of aspects of valmod, but i only seem to have vanilla prefabs. Aren't there supposed to be special prefabs with valmod? If so, what info can I provide to determine whther I have the full overhaul working or not? Thanks.

I have Valmod Overhaul installed. I have a lot of aspects of valmod, but i only seem to have vanilla prefabs. Aren't there supposed to be special prefabs with valmod? If so, what info can I provide to determine whther I have the full overhaul working or not? Thanks.

In the mod listing sticky look under prefabs and down the combo pack and use the rwgmixer that comes with it

Hey Guppy, i had to use your videos again today to get dedicated running again on a new computer. They were VERY helpful! Thank you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Grrmisfit, Found it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Now to figure it out! :)

Thank you!!

New Valmod server:

[GER][PvE]Apokalyptika Valmod

IP: 176.57.153.41

Port:26910

Description:

Eng.: German Valmod Server with active admins. The server runs Valmod Overhaul and has expandable server slots, so when the size of the player base grows, we'll add new slots. Feel free to give us some hints, if you have suggestions to improve the server. Also feel free to join us on our Teamspeak 3 server -> IP is shown in the server description ingame. See you around survivors!

Dt.: German Valmod Server mit aktiven Admins. Der Server lنuft mit Valmod Overhaul, die Server-Slots kِnnen auf der Grِكe der Spielerschaft basierend erweitert werden. Also wenn die Spielerbasis grِكer wird, werden wir neue Slots hinzufügen. Ihr kِnnt uns gerne Tipps geben, wenn ihr gute Vorschlنge zur Verbesserung des Servers habt. Ihr kِnnt euch uns gerne auf unserem Teamspeak 3 Server anschlieكen -> die IP steht ingame in der Serverbeschreibung. Wir sehen uns auf dem Server Survivors!

Help. Where is the wheat?

Hi, I've installed the overhaul pack and found some random flour but I've been running around everywhere trying to find wheat, does it grow only in certain biomes? Or can you only grow from seeds found? Apologies if this has been asked and answered I tried to search past posts but didn't see anything.

Archived