A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Had a quick check of items.xml (item ID to search for: 1623) and adjust Buff_chance, currently on 0.6. Change to 0.1, 0.01, or even 0 to disable, test the change for suitability to your preferences.

<property name="Buff" value="burning" />
	<property name="Buff_chance" value="0.6" />

Items.xml file is located: \7 Days To Die\Data\Config.

Chance seems a little high, maybe it could be better if buffs weren't so effective until say level 20 for a particular weapon class.

The buff "burning" is used for other items/entities - plus your only issue is damage dealt - which is why I suggested the above option as the best option, changing the buff effect though is possible but would unbalance aspects of the game. Within buffs.xml look for ID "burning", health drops a fixed amount of "-10" and rate is normal.

<buff id="burning" debuffif="+water > 1" duration="15" ffcheck="true" actions="debuff(burningSmall);attach(ParticleEffects/p_onFire, @impact);damage(0,1,0,1);damage(0,3,0,0)" icon="ui_game_symbol_fire" name_key="burning" description_key="burningDesc" tooltip_key="burningTooltip" cures="canBoiledWater,bottledWater,goldenRodTea,redTea">
<modify id="1" stat="health" amount="-10" rate="1"/>
</buff>

Thank you, feels much less overpowered :)

would like an autowall concrete brick and i thought maybe just editing the concrete one would work but nope no go.. got it in game but when i tried to use it got "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" i made sure to change a few things even the ID. is there a way I can do this?

Overhaul or Expansion? What version is the mod?

How are you replicating the bug? I maxed out my tool crafting and my stone axes still crafted fine on both overhaul and expansion.

Overhaul, current version. I believe i figured out the problem. What I had done was increase skill level from 100 to 200. And what was happening was when whichever skill was maxed out to 200, anything crafted from that skill would result in 0 durability and inability to use them. I went into creative mode and maxed out skills in there and crafted a stone axe and got the same result. I decided to go back in and lower the skill level back to 100 and that fixed it.

I also encountered a similar bug with the motorbike. I was roaming thru the world one playthru on my motorbike when i accidently crashed into water, When I surfaced I could only go ward or back wards, and i was moving as if i was still on the bike but i wasnt. When i went to go make another bike the seat and chassis was at 0 Durability and could not be used. This bug I did not replicate.

code i tried and not able to get right.. what am i missing?

<block id="1256" name="AutoWall_ConcreteBrick">

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="autoWallDesc"/>

<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />

<property name="Material" value="Mconcrete" />

<property name="Texture" value="8,8,12,12,12,12" />

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />

<property class="PlantGrowing">

<property name="FertileLevel" value="0" />

<property name="Next" value="concreteBricksBlock" />

<property name="GrowthRate" value=".01" />

<property name="LightLevelStay" value="0" />

<property name="IsRandom" value="false" />

<property name="IsGrowOnTopEnabled" value="true" />

<property name="GrowOnTop" value="AutoWall_ConcreteBrick" param1="5" param2="concreteBricksBlock" />

</property>

</block>

Im playing in linux and i have the same bug, something is missing maybe

For Mac/Linux you'd have to edit the windows.xml, styles.xml found within the XUi folder. You will need top replace the texture links with the Online Mac links provided within the file. If you look at them with notepad++ it should be easy to spot as I have comments left wherever its needed.

code i tried and not able to get right.. what am i missing?

<block id="1256" name="AutoWall_ConcreteBrick">

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="autoWallDesc"/>

<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />

<property name="Material" value="Mconcrete" />

<property name="Texture" value="8,8,12,12,12,12" />

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />

<property class="PlantGrowing">

<property name="FertileLevel" value="0" />

<property name="Next" value="concreteBricksBlock" />

<property name="GrowthRate" value=".01" />

<property name="LightLevelStay" value="0" />

<property name="IsRandom" value="false" />

<property name="IsGrowOnTopEnabled" value="true" />

<property name="GrowOnTop" value="AutoWall_ConcreteBrick" param1="5" param2="concreteBricksBlock" />

</property>

</block>

Try using a block ID that is not currently in use.

For Mac/Linux you'd have to edit the windows.xml, styles.xml found within the XUi folder. You will need top replace the texture links with the Online Mac links provided within the file. If you look at them with notepad++ it should be easy to spot as I have comments left wherever its needed.

Try using a block ID that is not currently in use.

Found that and still nothing

Its Works!! Thank you!!!

sSPXAwF8.png

Hey Val,

Tried to add the Blue Comercial door to the recipe xml:

Blue Commercial Doors.

I tried to add this door as a recipe so you can add it to your own builds.

So im playing Starvation mod, was testing to see if the recipe would work and make the door with this:

<recipe name="commercialDoor1_v3" count="1" craft_area="workMetalWorkBench" craft_tool="wrench" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="100">

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="10" />

<ingredient name="NutAndBolt" count="10" />

<ingredient name="spring" count="3" />

<ingredient name="mechanicalParts" count="1" />

<ingredient name="doorKnob" count="1" />

It doesnt show up as a recipe in the workbench, where else would I need to add it to work??

It IS

Is animal trapping ingame?

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/3.2/_progression_perk/name=Animal+Traps

I cant locate the perk, or how to gain the ability to make Animal Snare.

It is in. First u must find an Quest (Purple Cards i think not the yellow one) and than u will get the recipes for the snares/Trap. It is an Quest with gathering maple seeds or so.

I'm fairly new to the mod. I started a new map and on my first night I ran into Jason with an axe. It didn't go well. I forgot that I had a rifle. Managed to get my stuff back and kill him. Then ran into another one that was fighting zombies. That's two before dawn on day two. On my last map I made it to level 40 something and day 24 or 25 I think. Never saw a Jason. Are there special rules that govern when 'specials' appear? Loving the mod so far.

P.S. Any chance of getting that creepy sound from Friday the 13th movies to accompany Jason?

Ideas

Heat exhaustion 1 and Hypothermia 1 should also carry a -25% XP penalty. Stage 2 of both should be a -75% XP penalty. If someone is dumb enough to get to stage 3... no XP for actions.

Other detrimental effects should also carry XP penalties. i.e.: broken leg = 5% XP penalty, infected = -10% XP etc....

These effect should be cumulative. i.e.: Broken leg + infected would = -15% XP

These are in addition to current penalties such as stamina regen etc...

Just my 2cp worth!

What do ya'll think?

EDIT: to correct a typo.

Hey Val,

Tried to add the Blue Comercial door to the recipe xml:

Blue Commercial Doors.

I tried to add this door as a recipe so you can add it to your own builds.

So im playing Starvation mod, was testing to see if the recipe would work and make the door with this:

<recipe name="commercialDoor1_v3" count="1" craft_area="workMetalWorkBench" craft_tool="wrench" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="100">

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="10" />

<ingredient name="NutAndBolt" count="10" />

<ingredient name="spring" count="3" />

<ingredient name="mechanicalParts" count="1" />

<ingredient name="doorKnob" count="1" />

It doesnt show up as a recipe in the workbench, where else would I need to add it to work??

Could be any number of things. Maybe one of the items does not exist or is not spelt correctly. It is case-sensitive. Maybe you're in the wrong workbench - I assume workMetalWorkBench is something from Starvation.

When I click the download link I just download an empty folder (For both overhaul and expansion

Both work for me just fine. It should download a zip file, not a folder. Try another browser perhaps?

can someone please tell me how to scrap iron frags to iron and brass items to scrap brass? is it locked behind a skill? theres no option to scrap anything in the game for me.

Scavenging level 5.

I'm fairly new to the mod. I started a new map and on my first night I ran into Jason with an axe. It didn't go well. I forgot that I had a rifle. Managed to get my stuff back and kill him. Then ran into another one that was fighting zombies. That's two before dawn on day two. On my last map I made it to level 40 something and day 24 or 25 I think. Never saw a Jason. Are there special rules that govern when 'specials' appear? Loving the mod so far.

P.S. Any chance of getting that creepy sound from Friday the 13th movies to accompany Jason?

He should typically only spawn in the forest biomes. Though the spawning system doesn't allow a ton of fine-tuning or control over such things so a lot of it is up to random luck - or lack thereof.

Sadly there is no way for me to add in sound effects such as that. Though it would be cool. I'd make it play the sound everytime he "senses" you if I could.

Can someone help me I cant figure out how to craft clay bowles!

Clay bowls require the pottery perk. They're crafted in the campfire.

Wondering why doesn't sledgehammer count as a blunt weapon in your mod or is there a way to make it can the blunt weapon perk for same increase and such. Also what is the garbage disposal for lol have yet to figure it out

if you want you could edit the items XML file and change <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Construction Tools"/>

to

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Blunt Weapons"/>

Really enjoying the mod!

Too many pistols and maps! I've been playing with loot on 50% and still get tons of secret maps and guns. On day 30 and cant sell anymore pistols to traiders (found about 30) and I have about 20 secret maps so far.

Archived