A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Interesting, so am I correct in assuming then that means if I simply change the ingredient qty. requirement then it automatically scales the xp rewarded without me having to set a fixed value?

Thanks for getting back to me so fast!

Correct. Both the crafting time and the experience is designed to automatically calculate depending on the ingredients.

I'm not sure how it works on an item that has no experience attached to it, like wood, though. I assume it defaults to 1. If that was to case you'd get 100 exp in misc crafting from making one spike in vanilla.

Just wanted to say thank you for this mod, and that you have gotten several of my friends to buy the game and others to return it. My only issue is getting everyone up to the same version of your mod as we are preferring the experimental version of it over the original. Is there a way to give a version number to your mod, so we can keep up with changes and get everyone on the same version of it.

Well sometime today, hopefully, the experimental will be the new "main". So that might make matters easier. Currently there is an item in the cheat menu called Valmod Version that tells you what version of the mod you are running. However I won't be supporting this in the future as I am now going to be tying it to UI so you can see what version you're on up in the corner. That might help.

I feel that same way, especially with nails being locked behind the anvil too :(

Luckily its an easy 'fix'. I set my Anvil down to 15 blacksmithing :)

Crude Nails can be made in your backpack though :p. I will adjust the anvil though.

mining axe damage

hi valmod great work again thanks.

i play expension mod.

i have the problem since A15, i have mining skills all at max (mining tools, mining 69) and a 600 purple steel axe but i need two hits in the underground for stones!?

is this a change of A15? if yes where can i change the axe dmg in the config?

thx

Yes, A15 reduced the damage of the steel pickaxe.

Items.xml

<item id="114" name="pickaxeSteel">

<property name="Extends" value="pickaxeIron" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Tools/pickaxe_steelPrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="4" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="forgedSteel" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="760" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Delay" value="1.5" />

<property name="Stamina_usage" value="5" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="4" />

<property name="ToolCategory.MyCatStone" value="0.5" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps" />

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="6,20" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="43,107.5" /> <!-- up to x4 from skills -->

<property name="DegradationMax" value="500,1400" />

</property>

<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="miningTip" />

</item>

Compare it to A14:

<property name="BlockDamage" value="60,145" />

Valmod Pack V4 Update!

Greetings! Today I bring to you a relatively large update to the Valmod Pack. The most drastic changes related to the Valmod Overhaul specifically, though some things have also been added to the Expansion Pack where applicable.

Big thanks to LokiTheWeaver who did a ton of playtesting and provided a lot of feedback from start to finish. And everyone else who particapted, of course.

As this update changes so much about Overhaul urge those who see this to read through this carefully. Before I get to the Overhaul-specific changes I will go over some of the things that have changed that effect both versions.

Anyone who was playing on an Overhaul map prior to this update should consider starting a new game. Technically you should be able to continue playing on the same map. However given how much the progression has changes you should start a new character to really get the full experience of what the new system offers. This shouldn't be mandatory, however, even if I recommend starting fresh.

The starting classes have had some balance changes. The Rifleman class was removed but had much of it merged with the Hunter – think of the Hunter a new hybrid class between the two.

The UI has been, for perhaps the first time in a year, changed. It is now using a modified version of Sirillion's SMX UI Mod.

Preview picture:

http://i.imgur.com/ZMnhSCJ.jpg

New UMA zombies have been added to the world. The former “Gorilla Boss” zombie has been changed to Zombie Brute and he now has his own custom texture for an intimating and unique appearance. There is a unique zombie boss to be found in graveyards and a unqiue Jason Voorhees that can sometimes be found lurking about. Be wary of him, that machete hurts! There are other UMA zombies added but the others are just for variety.

New Quest Items and quests have been added. Quite a few, actually. While some are the standard “go here, kill this” type of ordeal there are a couple special “Fetch” type quests that will reward you with duke coins if you complete them. These ones are what these unique Quest Items are used for – its their only purpose actually.

New Scrap Iron tools are added. These are handy early-game as they do more damage than the stone tools. However they degrade quicker to offset it.

Cooking is now a crafting skill you can level by staying in the campfire. As you cook you gradually gain skill in cooking. As you level you unlock more and more cooking recipes.

Those are the changes that relate to both versions. Before I begin talking about the Overhaul changes first let me express my gratitude to those who have stuck with Valmod Overhaul over its many growths. I know this change will be pretty radical (more so then when I dropped recipe books and adopted perks) but I am happy with the direction it has taken. I hope those who have stuck with me this far will also be satisfied with these changes.

Its worth noting that if need be a user can “cheat” back his previous level and skill with the console. Open the console (F1 key) and enter one of these commands:

giveselfskillxp (example: giveselfskillxp Mining Tools 10000)

giveselfxp (example: giveselfxp 10000)

Or you can open the cheat menu with the cm command then the u key and grab yourself a bunch of Survivors Combination for quick skill points.

I will now begin explaining some of the Overhaul-specific changes that have been made.

Iron/Steel tools and weapons now are crafted using “heads” rather than just forgedIron/Steel.

The largest change to Overhaul, and the most dramatic, has been to the progression system. Essentially the Overhaul had been completely... overhauled. Many perks that used to unlock recipes are now gone. Now much is unlocked, rather than by perk, but rather by a Skill level. For example to unlock the recipe for pistols you need level 20 in pistols. As you level your skill you gradually unlock more associated recipes.

Gun Smithing has also been removed. Now it is your skill level in the associated weapon that determines the rate it loses quality from repairs . If you have never used a pistol before and try to repair it you will lose more quality than if you were intimately familiar with them.

Another example would be carpentry. Previously this was a perk you had to buy into to learn woodframes and the like. Now however Carpentry is a skill that you can level. Granted you may still have to purchase into it before you can craft woodframes but as you level it you will gradually unlock new recipes such as the storage containers.

One more example would be Blacksmithing. No longer is there a metal smithing perk. Blacksmithing is a skill you can level and the higher your level rises in it (from crafting things in the forge or by spending points) you will progressively unlock new recipes ranging from forged iron all the way to forged steel.

These were just a few quick examples to give you an idea of how the system has changed. Similar approaches have been taken to many areas of progression. I will list below all the various changes and associations in a post beneath this. I cannot fit it all in a single post - sorry!

[Continued from Above!]

..:: Skills ::..

Scavenging

Scrap Iron/Brass/Lead - level 5

scrapIronAxe - level 10

scrapIronPickaxe - level 10

scrapIronShovel - level 10

scrapIronShiv - level 10

blunderbuss - level 15

Lockpick - 20

Blunt Weapons:

clubIron - level 20

clubBarbed - level 30

clubSpiked - level 40

Blade Weapons:

huntingKnife - level 20

machete - level 30

scythe - level 50

combatAxe - level 80

Mining Tools:

shovelIron - level 10

hoeIron - level 10

weedCleaver - level 10

shovelSteel - level 10

pickaxeIron - level 20

pickaxeSteel - level 40

Construction Tools:

clawHammer - level 20

sledgehammer - level 30

wrench - 40

Axes:

fireaxeIron - level 10

fireaxeSteel -level 20

Pistols:

gunPistol - level 20

gunPistolSilenced - level 30

gun44Magnum - level 40

gun44MagnumSilenced - level 50

Shotguns:

gunSawedOffPumpShotgun - level 15

gunPumpShotgun - level 20

gunPumpShotgunChoked - level 30

Rifles:

gunHuntingRifle - level 20

gunBoltRifle - level 20

gunHuntingRifleSilenced - level 30

gunBoltRifleSilenced - level 30

gunSniperRifle - level 40

gunSniperSilenced - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScope - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScopeSilenced - level 50

Assault Rifles:

gunMP5 - level 20

gunMP5Silenced - level 30

gunAK47 - level 40

gunAK47Silenced - level 50

Archery

woodenBow - level 10

ironBow - level 20

crossbow - level 30

ironCrossbow - level 40

crossbowRepeater - level 50

Fletching:

ironArrow - level 20

ironCrossbowBolt - level 20

steelArrow - level 30

steelCrossbowBolt - level 30

flamingArrow - level 50

explodingCrossbowBolt - level 50

Medicine:

healingAgent - level 5

drinkHealth - level 5

firstAidBandage - level 10

maniacPowder - level 15

disinfectantBandage - level 20

medicalSplint - level 25

firstAidKit - level 30

antibiotics - level 35

herbalAntibiotics - level 40

Science:

chemistryStation - level 15

beer - level 15

mead - level 15

meadBlueberry - level 15

appleCider - level 15

fuelLog - level 15

glue - level 20

grainAlcohol - level 20

oil - level 20

bioFuel - level 20

chemicalAgent - level 20

gasCan - level 20

Tailoring:

sewingKit - level 5

Armor Smithing

animal hide armor - level 10

leather armor - level 20

scrap iron armor - level 30

iron armor - level 40

steel armor - level 50

Leatherworking

leather - level 15

tanningRack - level 15

Mechanical:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various mechanical bits and bobs.

chainsaw - level 10

nailgun - level 15

auger - level 25

partsAuger_blade - level 25

gearMechanism - 30

mechanicalParts - 30

minibike parts - 60

Traps:

trap spikes - level 10

adhesive trap - level 10

adhesive spike - level 10

log spike - level 10

barbed fence - level 10

scrap iron spike - level 10

fall trap - level 10

trussing spike - level 20

trussing wall spike - level 20

tnt - level 20

dynamite - level 20

land mines - level 20

fire trap - level 30

Blacksmith:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various items and blocks in the forge.

forge - level 10

bellows - level 10

forgedIron - level 10

Iron Tool Heads – level 10

ironArrowHead - level 10

anvil - level 15

emptyJar - level 15

Glass Blocks - level 15

beaker - level 15

weldingTorch - level 20

ironRingsRivets - level 20

Syringe - level 25

beaker - level 25

ironBars - level 30

calipers - level 50

spring - level 50

forgedSteel - level 80

steelArrowHead - level 80

mechanicalParts - level 80

steelRingsRivets - level 80

Steel Tool Heads – level 80

Carpentry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various wood items such as woodframes or carpenter kits.

Secure wooden door - level 5

Wood Blocks - level 10

handsaw - level 10

carpenterKit - level 10

wooden storage containers - level 20

Masonry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting carious stone or brick blocks.

bowl - level 5

dinnerPlate - level 5

clayBucket - level 5

cementMixer - level 20

chisel - level 20

Cobblestone Blocks - level 20

Brick Blocks - level 30

Cement - level 50

concreteMix - level 50

Rebar Blocks - level 50

Cooking:

Leveling this will unlock various cooking recipes.

..:: Perks ::..

Boom Stick:

Increases shotgun damage.

gunBoomstick - level 3

Better Lead Than Dead:

Increases hunting rifle and sniper damage.

G.I. Joe:

Increases assault rifle (ak47/smg) damage.

Gun: Rocket Launcher:

gunRocketLauncher - level 30

Quicker Crafting:

woodBlock - level 1

cobblestoneBlock - level 2 (requires player level 20)

AutoWall_Wood - level 3 (requires player level 30)

AutoWall_Concrete - level 4 (requires player level 40)

AutoWall_Reinforced_Concrete - level 5 (requires player level 50)

Miner 69er:

minersTNT - level 5 (requires Mining Tools level 80)

Lumberjack:

Increases block damage with axes and reduces the stamina drain.

Electric Lights:

This perk gives you the required items to craft working electric lights.

electricalToolKit - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

flashlight02 - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Plumbing:

This perk teaches you how to craft kits to fix sinks or craft your own working sinks for infinite clean water.

plumbingKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingCabinetSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingGranitSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Oven Repair:

This perk teaches you to craft oven repair kits or working ovens to cook without fuel.

ovenKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workstationOven - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Security:

Secure Safes - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Iron and Vault Doors - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Drawbridges - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

V4.0 :surprise:

And I just finished configuring the last version, well, I guess its good we didn't get too far in, a wipe and restart won't be so bad, lol.

Nice work Val and thanks for the previous informations, I am finding stuff much quicker now to make the little tweaks our group is interested in.

One is to remove the carpenter kit requirement for normal to hard wood blocks upgrades, my group was not so fond of that, lol.

The new UI looks good, I might be adding numbers back in though if they are not present (to the bars), we like to know our current and max health / stam levels in addition to the dynamic bar.

Thanks!

V4.0 :surprise:

And I just finished configuring the last version, well, I guess its good we didn't get too far in, a wipe and restart won't be so bad, lol.

Nice work Val and thanks for the previous informations, I am finding stuff much quicker now to make the little tweaks our group is interested in.

One is to remove the carpenter kit requirement for normal to hard wood blocks upgrades, my group was not so fond of that, lol.

The new UI looks good, I might be adding numbers back in though if they are not present (to the bars), we like to know our current and max health / stam levels in addition to the dynamic bar.

Thanks!

The carpenter kit gating is due to the fact that anyone, regardless of their knowledge, can upgrade woodblocks otherwise. You could bypass not having woodFrames recipe by just placing cabin blocks and then upgrading them to woodblocks. It was a bit of a loophole/exploit - depending on how you want to look at it.

That was why I added the carpenterKits, to ensure that only those who actually know carpentry can mess with wood.

The health/food percentages should still be present in the windows.xml - I just commented them out but didn't physically remove them. So uncomment those liens and you should be good to go. Stamina however I think I did remove that completely. Even if you were to add it back in it would need a lot of adjustment to visually fit since my stamina bar is quite different from standard SMX. Or at least I assume it would need a lot of adjustment. Never tried it since I've never used percentages on the stamina - even before this UI update.

SUPER PUMPED about the mod update!! Thx Valmod!!!

Question though...how do we get a whetstone to make pick axes?

Can't find it in any of the crafting menu, and didn't come up when looking through your thread post.

Thx in advance!

Whetstone drops from mining stone or the boulders you find out in the wild.

"whetstone drops from mining" - Thanks to the responders!

Hey Val....noticing a couple (potential) issues. Booted up the updated mod earlier today, and both my and my buddy had some errors pop up while trying to access a couple things:

me - was in a storage chest and grabbed an item, and got a console error, and then could no longer access the storage chest

buddy - picked up a "wallet" on a drop, and then got some console errors. Also couldn't interact with items after the error. Once he logged off and back on, everything was cool.

Could have nothing to do with the update but wanted to post for you just in case.

Getting ready to boot back up the game for a couple hours; will let you know if there's anything else that pops up (and I'll try to get error codes this time if so).

Thx!

@Mavericx

Interesting. I cannot replicate this problem. It sounds like the Quest Item Tip is being called on but not found. I assume you are playing Overhaul multiplayer, as you mentioned whetstone and being with a buddy.

Its possible that because localization (which the Tip is part of) does not push from the server that it is therefore causing issues.

Do both of you have the entire mod installed locally? Are you playing on a hosted server, dedicated or is one of you joining the others game?

Can you load up a single player game in creative mode and grab a quest item (search for quest item) from the cheat menu to see if it causes the same error?

Same, just got the QuestItemTip error and now I cannot loot anything nor open containers. I am also repeatedly getting "unknown particle effect" errors when shooting arrows.

http://imgur.com/a/3UQSa

Playing on a dedicated server, overhaul 4.0, mod installed locally and on server.

*Update: Yes, it also happens on a single player game when you put a quest item into your inventory and then drag it to quick slot bar for example.

http://imgur.com/a/N9VYn

Same, just got the QuestItemTip error and now I cannot loot anything nor open containers.

These errors with the containers sound like the same type of symptoms I got recently, with my project, when the server and one of the clients didn't have the same version of the localization file.

These errors with the containers sound like the same type of symptoms I got recently, with my project, when the server and one of the clients didn't have the same version of the localization file.

Except I get the error also in single player games.

Same, just got the QuestItemTip error and now I cannot loot anything nor open containers. I am also repeatedly getting "unknown particle effect" errors when shooting arrows.

http://imgur.com/a/3UQSa

Playing on a dedicated server, overhaul 4.0, mod installed locally and on server.

*Update: Yes, it also happens on a single player game when you put a quest item into your inventory and then drag it to quick slot bar for example.

http://imgur.com/a/N9VYn

The particle effect issue is known about. Its harmless - it doesn't pull up the console and is only there if you go looking for it. Dont worry about it. Its the price we pay for being able to scrap arrows for feathers.

Except I get the error also in single player games.

In singleplayer I was not able to replicate the problem. However I did notice the error in the console - but it was just that - a console error. It never notified me otherwise and played out fine. I only saw it becauseI went looking. However I had a friend come on and test and he did indeed get locked out from it. So theres definitely an issue there. Due to this I'll just go ahead and remove the tip.

<item id="2700" name="questItem">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="Weight" value="5" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="DropScale" value="4" />

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="50" />

<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="questItemTip" />

</item>

It should be gone now, just updated. Sorry to any online players. Online play is not something I can easily playtest for.

Is there a way to make a shortcut key to scrap an item? Maybe use the right click option on the item scraps it. Or even make a new table where u can shift click items into it and it scraps it automatically.

And btw on that note of shift clicking items for some reason cannot shift click items into the workbench to combine now, you can still shift click items out into your inventory though.

Is there a way to make a shortcut key to scrap an item? Or even make a new table where u can shift click items into it and it scraps it automatically.

And btw on that note of shift clicking items for some reason cannot shift click items into the workbench to combine now, you can still shift click items out into your inventory though.

The shift-clicking to combine issue is likely due to the fact that my workbench has toolslots.

As for your question as to whether or not its possible to bind it to a key or make a specific table for it... Its impossible with XML modding alone. However SDX modders might be able to do something like that. You'd need to ask them about that though, its outside of my area.

Interesting. He should be a lot more are than that.

Just started a new game of single player overhaul with vanilla spawn settings ... Day 3 I've moved to the forest and found about 9 Jason's in a 500sq meter area in about 10 minutes, Terrifying!

BTW - thanks for putting this incredible mod together. I'm only 2 hours in and I'm blown away by how much this has upgraded and changed my game. Unbelievable. I'm very much looking forward to any and every content update for this.

@Valmar

Hi val, I'm definitely impressed with the new update as my friends and I were already enjoying the last version of your mod on A15.

Question: Is the Compo pack still compatible with the Jason/Graveyard changes you've made to prefabs? Is it still safe to install Compo pack after Valmod without losing the changes you made? If not what should we do? Also, quest items spawn before the quests are active IE: rings. I guess that's normal?

I like the idea of our next game (since we will have to reset for the new Valmod update) being a RWG world since those are larger and far more unpredictable. No cheesing by looking at the map to know where to go.

Valmar here are my critics, hosting server modded with Overhauled, the game play is very hard and yesterday played with my friends, and to level up is so hard and skills to reach very very long, level 50 playing like 4 hours of game play to reach 14 points then select new skills so boring, the server lost performance with items : when put keys in inventory for search, the game going like 1 frames per second, scavenging almost all the map and can't find tools or something to say good! some storage's in the map are empty. So now i will put the Expansion Valmar Mod i think this is my correct election for my map, thanks hope this put some light in your or our mod ;). sorry my English!

--Plus!: can you add workbench from Overhaul version mod to Expansion Mod? this look so great. Thanks!

The shift-clicking to combine issue is likely due to the fact that my workbench has toolslots.

As for your question as to whether or not its possible to bind it to a key or make a specific table for it... Its impossible with XML modding alone. However SDX modders might be able to do something like that. You'd need to ask them about that though, its outside of my area.

Hi Valmar nice update!!

Would not it be possible to create a recycling trash where it is placed there is recycled, similar to what you have already created, only this uses the scrap command ... Is it possible?

See you

Archived