A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Strange. I'm not really sure whats up with that. I might just remove the recipes for it now anyway. The merchant delivery box was only meant to be a stand-in for merchants, anyway.

I think that's a great idea. I love it but sdeems most logical to remove it and support the in game system by default - and reduce your headaches!

Strange. I'm not really sure whats up with that. I might just remove the recipes for it now anyway. The merchant delivery box was only meant to be a stand-in for merchants, anyway.

There is no recipe for it. You harvest it from mining boulders or stone.

Out of curiosity was it related to playing on a server and needing the mod installed locally?

I'm not entirely sure how the vending system works. What you suggest should be possible but would require new blocks. With the block ID limit being what it is I really don't want to do that. I'll keep the idea in mind though. I think you can keep buying time on them, can't you? You could then set the default time to 3 days and reduce the cost. Then you just keep buying more time as you need it to stack it. I'm not sure if thats possible yet but I assume it would be.

Most of my items added have no EconomicValue and thus likely all default to 1. Hopefully overtime I will add some more appropriate values to them.

I appreciate you taking the time to try out the experimental build.

I don't think you realize the sheer magnitude of what you're requesting. It would be practically impossible to do that in any feasible way and require a lot of work. Especially for something only one or two people will use and anyone else who tries to use it will probably not understand it and break something.

I share many various individual mods in my mod collection that come from Valmod. That would be a better place to look for such things.

I just thought on some of your stuff we could just add it to the end of the needed files. I definately understand that your mods are huge and require a lot to redo them.

but as a for instance i've got it worked out for the receipe file to paste the following...

<!-- Drugs -->

<recipe name="Cural" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="beaker">

<ingredient name="Elderberry" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="painkillers" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="bottledWater" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodHoney" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="Cocaine" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="beaker" >

<ingredient name="CocaLeaf" count="10"/>

<ingredient name="waterPurified" count="2"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="Morphine" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="beaker" >

<ingredient name="PoppySeed" count="4"/>

<ingredient name="waterPurified" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="painkillers" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="Joint" count="1" scrapable="False" >

<ingredient name="Marijuana" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="paper" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="CocaSeed" count="2" scrapable="False" >

<ingredient name="CocaLeaf" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="MarijuanaSeed" count="2" scrapable="False" >

<ingredient name="Marijuana" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<!-- End Drugs -->

I think that's a great idea. I love it but sdeems most logical to remove it and support the in game system by default - and reduce your headaches!

Idd I would agree as well, It seems way too easy to make money selling paper atm, and i could buy an auger etc if i wanted in like 10 minutes of mushing plants into paper. :S

I am, it just takes time.

The Overhaul I basically already had updated to A15 since I was keeping up with their beta build. The Expansion Pack however I have to start from scratch, more or less. That takes time. Lots of time. It will probably take me a few days. But yes, I do fully plan on updating Expansion Pack to work with A15.

Take your time mate, you are doing an absolutely fantastic job! Thank you for everything you add!

I just thought on some of your stuff we could just add it to the end of the needed files. I definately understand that your mods are huge and require a lot to redo them.

but as a for instance i've got it worked out for the receipe file to paste the following...

[snip]

Yes but those are recipes for new items. You'd have to also include the items, or blocks. And any new item/block included in the ingredients. What if one of the blocks or items has a custom material? You have to add that too. What if its a block with a specific lootlist? You'd have to add that too. What if its a block with custom harvest or destroy events? You'd have to make sure those are also added. What if its a block that has a unique downgrade event block? That has to be added. What if it the loot container links too has custom items? They also have to be added. Or custom groups. What if it has a custom repair item? That has to be added, and it might also need to be assigned to specific repair tools to work. What if it has a buff? You'd have to add that too. What if its a workstation, you'd have to add that. What if that workstation has custom tools? Yet another file to add to. On and on and on.

You have to ask all these questions about every single item or block or recipe or anything. There are so many different connections, its like a giant web. If its your mod, sure, its all pretty easy since you know where everything goes and what all you need. But just writing that down and trying to explain everything to someone in one text file? Oh boy. There are people who have a hard time installing the mod and its only a drag and drop process. Even if I had the countless hours of patience and free-time to make such a file I would not have the energy to explain everything, connect everything or support all the people who mess something up and need help.

That doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is complicated, of course. Some things are easily copy/pasted at the end and work standalone. Most of such things I already share in a standalone form with my mod collection. I'm just trying to illustrate how complex some stuff can be and how dependent it can be on many other things.

Idd I would agree as well, It seems way too easy to make money selling paper atm, and i could buy an auger etc if i wanted in like 10 minutes of mushing plants into paper. :S

Solution: can't sell paper! Brilliant! :)

Hi Valmod

Found an error in the Gunman Class. It starts with a Magnum .44, but gets the 9mm skill and 9mm bullets skill, so you cant repair your magnum or make new bullets.

Not really an error. I like him starting with the magnum. That doesn't mean he must know how to craft it. You'll probably be turning it over for a pistol shortly anyway, they're far more easier to get a hold of early-game. Thus the pistol skills are far more relevant to your early-game experience in the longrun.

Well crap went to DL the mod and read the warning at the bottom after installing it... reinstall hoooo. Good work though, love the mod.

Expansion Pack will be updated very shortly, no worries.

I have been messing with this since it came out, and it appears that the zombies are super tough compared to your overhaul pack. Is this intentional or am I missing something? It almost seems as if you need the horde expansion to keep up with the toughness. I.e a 9 mmpistol of equal quality on warrior difficulty is 2 shots 1 to the head and 1 on the ground for the bonus. With this expansion it seems 3 or 4 shots on the same zombie during the same day

Not really an error. I like him starting with the magnum. That doesn't mean he must know how to craft it. You'll probably be turning it over for a pistol shortly anyway, they're far more easier to get a hold of early-game. Thus the pistol skills are far more relevant to your early-game experience in the longrun.

But without reparing and new bullets you have trouble ending your start quest :-)

Out of curiosity was it related to playing on a server and needing the mod installed locally?

Hello, yes that is correct. We got it to work yesterday seems really solid. Have not encountered buggs yet.

Only a few personal issues, the veteran/rifleman seems abit OP - might just be the AK/bolt since we have

really good aim just feels to powerfull.

Also the redbull.. turns me into FLASH, lasts to long imo.

It turns you into a speed god with no drawbacks, but again that is just my humble opinion.

I have been messing with this since it came out, and it appears that the zombies are super tough compared to your overhaul pack. Is this intentional or am I missing something? It almost seems as if you need the horde expansion to keep up with the toughness. I.e a 9 mmpistol of equal quality on warrior difficulty is 2 shots 1 to the head and 1 on the ground for the bonus. With this expansion it seems 3 or 4 shots on the same zombie during the same day

To clarify you're asking if there is a difference between Overhaul and Expansion in terms of difficulty?

Yes. Expansion Pack uses default vanilla headshot bonus multipliers. Overhaul increases them modestly. This is because at the end of the day I'm still an oldschool headshot=kill guy. So even if I understand that for gameplay purposes I shouldn't make headshots fatal in Valmod (though that is what Horde Edition is for!) I cannot resist giving headshots a slight boost regardless to make them just a tad bit more rewarding. So it isn't that Expansion pack specifically made zombies tougher. You're just now experiencing what the vanilla experience is like compared to Overhaul in regards to headshots.

Unless I completely misunderstood your post. In which case I might look like an ass.

i think you forget about the class recipes... ^^''

Fixed that. Sorry. It used to be if the recipes were broken the console would give you red text telling you about it. The output log too. Now it doesn't. As such I didn't realize as recipe was broken - which broke all the ones beneath it. Should be taken care of by now though.

Hi Valmar, Thanks a lot for the great mods, love it. i have a question, i hope you will answer.

How can i disable valmod (expansion or overhoul) temporarily when i want to play 7 days to die without mods?

There are a few options. Easiest (though requires a few minutes of work for a one-time setup) might be to the use the 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher that I link on the front page (has a banner image for it in the second post on this topic). It will let you setup multiple instances of the game with different mods and be able to launch into whatever one you want at will.

Alternatively you can first install the mod. Then open the Data folder. Rename the Config folder something like "Config Valmod".

Then verify file integrity through steam. This will give you back the vanilla Config folder. Now you can play vanilla. Whenever you want to play modded again rename the Config folder "Config Vanilla" and rename the Config Valmod folder back to "Config".

But without reparing and new bullets you have trouble ending your start quest :-)

I've updated the quest line so now it should work with either magnum OR pistol. That should help a little.

Hello, yes that is correct. We got it to work yesterday seems really solid. Have not encountered buggs yet.

Only a few personal issues, the veteran/rifleman seems abit OP - might just be the AK/bolt since we have

really good aim just feels to powerfull.

Also the redbull.. turns me into FLASH, lasts to long imo.

It turns you into a speed god with no drawbacks, but again that is just my humble opinion.

They do have their own shortcomings. The AK47 is a difficult weapon to maintain due to the rarity of its parts. The bolt rifle is single-shot. Both also require the most expensive-to-craft ammo in the game and some of the most uncommon. Other than gun stuff the vet really starts with very little, skill-wise. Actually if I recall correctly he is the only one who starts with nothing but weapon-related benefits. The trade off of having none of those handy perks ready right off the bat is that he gets a decent weapon that will hopefully last him until he can earn up enough to start getting some of those other recipes that other classes might have already started wtih.

I'm saying he isn't a little OP. He might be. I'm just illustrating where I was coming from with him, regardless or whether or not I succeeded with it.

With the speed boosts I agree, maybe a little much. I've given them modest nerfs.

They do have their own shortcomings. The AK47 is a difficult weapon to maintain due to the rarity of its parts. The bolt rifle is single-shot. Both also require the most expensive-to-craft ammo in the game and some of the most uncommon. Other than gun stuff the vet really starts with very little, skill-wise. Actually if I recall correctly he is the only one who starts with nothing but weapon-related benefits. The trade off of having none of those handy perks ready right off the bat is that he gets a decent weapon that will hopefully last him until he can earn up enough to start getting some of those other recipes that other classes might have already started wtih.

I'm saying he isn't a little OP. He might be. I'm just illustrating where I was coming from with him, regardless or whether or not I succeeded with it.

With the speed boosts I agree, maybe a little much. I've given them modest nerfs.

Thank you for the reply, I just have a couple of more question. Is anything changed regarding to the new ruleset regarding bloodmoon?

And are the new zombies present in the mod?

We are closing in on the 7th day now, and we still have not seen any of the new UMA zombies.

Thank you.

Thanks for the info, I have all the files related to those items, for the sake of space I wasn't going to post them all, but yes, it's fascinating how much you have to look at in order to add even one item into the game. I had to ask myself how would you find "X" item in a game, and that really helped me figure our the whole process. let's just say if you find a plant in the wild how did it get there? seed... so you need a seed and plant as far as items go, what can you do with the plant? need a recipe, what does it make? need another item, once you have that item and you use it does it provide a bonus? yep now you need a buff.xml... if you destroy it, does it give you anything? .... so on and so forth. I'm just saying that once I figured out the items I wanted I had to figure out all the ways the guys at steel mod incorporated it into the game in order to extract it into the game experience I wanted for my server. eventually I figured out this game has so many updates that I needed an easier method to be able to include the stuff I want, so Just some basic dummy files are setting there for an easy copy and paste. Of course with the block number limitations in the block file, I have to keep checking to make sure that I'm not using an item number that you or TFP are using.

Yes but those are recipes for new items. You'd have to also include the items, or blocks. And any new item/block included in the ingredients. What if one of the blocks or items has a custom material? You have to add that too. What if its a block with a specific lootlist? You'd have to add that too. What if its a block with custom harvest or destroy events? You'd have to make sure those are also added. What if its a block that has a unique downgrade event block? That has to be added. What if it the loot container links too has custom items? They also have to be added. Or custom groups. What if it has a custom repair item? That has to be added, and it might also need to be assigned to specific repair tools to work. What if it has a buff? You'd have to add that too. What if its a workstation, you'd have to add that. What if that workstation has custom tools? Yet another file to add to. On and on and on.

You have to ask all these questions about every single item or block or recipe or anything. There are so many different connections, its like a giant web. If its your mod, sure, its all pretty easy since you know where everything goes and what all you need. But just writing that down and trying to explain everything to someone in one text file? Oh boy. There are people who have a hard time installing the mod and its only a drag and drop process. Even if I had the countless hours of patience and free-time to make such a file I would not have the energy to explain everything, connect everything or support all the people who mess something up and need help.

That doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is complicated, of course. Some things are easily copy/pasted at the end and work standalone. Most of such things I already share in a standalone form with my mod collection. I'm just trying to illustrate how complex some stuff can be and how dependent it can be on many other things.

Solution: can't sell paper! Brilliant! :)

Expansion Pack will be updated very shortly, no worries.

I would prefer if paper could be sold rather than not at all. Just at a almost next to nothing like every 10 pieces of paper for 1 duke, instead of 15 dukes for every 5 pieces

<property name="EconomicValue" value="15" />
 	<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="5" />

to

<property name="EconomicValue" value="1" />
 	<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10" />

I would also suggest that the lockpicks should go up to 5 scrap, 15-30 second crafting per 1 they're quite delicate little things.

Edit - Miltary helmet changes to kevlar helmet when combind with flashlight?

Rifiles don't have a description for when they unlock the hunting rifle etc, they're also 2 perks both called this making me level up smg instead of the hunting rifle one T_T, their any way to edit save files? e.g. move points from one per into the other?

I haven't played Valmod yet this patch (still waiting for my friends and wife to get sick of vanilla -- but looking forward to it), but I think what ends up making this OP is the fact that we're getting so much XP for Zombie kills. In my opinion, even vanilla gives way too much XP per kill. It only takes about 5-10 kills to level up, and currently, it is easy to expect a level every 1-2 POIs that you visit. So with a little exploring and killing (what the Vet is intended for) will net you the skills that the other classes receive, within 1-2 days in game, just by visiting POIs and killing Zombies. It might be interesting to test out how this class feels (with or without nerfs) with perhaps 50-75% of the XP per kill that is received right now. I haven't looked at the xml to be sure, but I am hoping that it is something that isn't hard coded.

Workbench

Hey great mod nice job.

I have a problem on my server that we can't learn to build the workbench or make cement, I have try reinstalling the valmod overhaul again but still no joy, hope you can help or do you know what file the workbench is in? I'm going to run a compare to see if I can find it

Hey great mod nice job.

I have a problem on my server that we can't learn to build the workbench or make cement, I have try reinstalling the valmod overhaul again but still no joy, hope you can help or do you know what file the workbench is in? I'm going to run a compare to see if I can find it

The workbench is not locked behind any perk or recipe, it is available from the start. You find it as block 1563 in blocks.xml, the recipe in recipes.xml, and in progression.xml it is commented out, so not locked behind any perk.

The workbench is not locked behind any perk or recipe, it is available from the start. You find it as block 1563 in blocks.xml, the recipe in recipes.xml, and in progression.xml it is commented out, so not locked behind any perk.

So I shouldn't have this problem then.

I'll download the files again to see if he has updated the mod after the release of A15 stable, but I don't see why it would disable the workbench and cement

Hey!

I've been enjoying your mod through several alpha now and I've always had freeze when opening / using / sorting the inventory. I know the amounts of recipes is causing it but seeing I don't see many people complaining I was wondering if I could do something to at least dampen it (maybe tweaking the graphics or even changing a component in my computer)?

Thank you! (btw I'm always playing Overhaul)

Archived