A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I don't know the name in the moment, but you can find quite often a receipt. With it you can make any seed in the game.

Odd, it does work but their is no entry for appleseed in the items.xml

- - - Updated - - -

-can't find or loot mechanical kit for repairing chainsaw

It's a repair kit made with the following

<recipe name="repairKit" count="1">

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="oil" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="cloth" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="ductTape" count="1"/>

</recipe>

Odd, it does work but their is no entry for appleseed in the items.xml

- - - Updated - - -

It's a repair kit made with the following

<recipe name="repairKit" count="1">

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="oil" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="cloth" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="ductTape" count="1"/>

</recipe>

you can find this:

<property name="RepairTools" value="mechanicalKit" />

19 times in the items.xml

It's the b105 version

If you have ie. a chainsaw and weaponrepairkits (the name in items.xml is repairkit...) you can't repair it. So I think it's a new item in b105-version.

_______

What I miss is a progress-bar for masonry. You can't skill it with doing something, but you need 50 points for cement.

I would prefer if paper could be sold rather than not at all. Just at a almost next to nothing like every 10 pieces of paper for 1 duke, instead of 15 dukes for every 5 pieces

<property name="EconomicValue" value="15" />
 	<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="5" />

to

<property name="EconomicValue" value="1" />
 	<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10" />

I would also suggest that the lockpicks should go up to 5 scrap, 15-30 second crafting per 1 they're quite delicate little things.

Edit - Miltary helmet changes to kevlar helmet when combind with flashlight?

Rifiles don't have a description for when they unlock the hunting rifle etc, they're also 2 perks both called this making me level up smg instead of the hunting rifle one T_T, their any way to edit save files? e.g. move points from one per into the other?

Seems paper is fairly priced to me. I make WAAY more selling crap gun parts, guns, hazmat parts, etc. I keep seeing people freaking out over 'Paper', how are people producing enough paper to make say 20k Duke coins?(My group made that in 1 day selling low quality gun parts(2nd day since wipe) Seems 100k paper in 1 day would be OP, but how are people producing that much?

You've probably answered it or its me being stupid (looked back a few pages), are there local (client) folders to download for a dedicated server like we used to have to do? Or do we all now download the main mod and copy the data/mod folders from there?

Also, Loved playing overhaul on A14, just wondered whether the new way they have done horde levelling in A15 is taken into account or whether your A15 overhaul completely replaces it?

Am thinking that if yours replaces it, might give the expansion a go first to see what their new horde system is like.

many thanks

Just noticed last night on our Overhaul server that there doesn't seem to be a way to make the new TFP Chemical Station.

The recipe comes up with a Workbench Icon, but looking at it in the Workbench shows the greyed out Skill icon. I have Chemistry training, but I think the skill set might still be pointing to the old WorkstationChemisty block and not the new TFP station.

edit: Couldn't find the perk for it either unless I went totally blind by how awesome everything else is :D

Hey there, I got the new version of Valmod for 15 Stable. But when I logged in it did not give me the option to select a class. Is this something I can fix without having to wipe my server and re install it?

Class selection only happen for new characters. (new game)

You 'can' cheat in the items to do it but its highly recommended to start fresh when adding this mod due to how recipes / class selection works.

your mod is a must for they who play solo because progress work faster with your mod, vanilla just feel too slow and more oriented for multiplayer because to crafting stuff you need help other player because you not found your needed recipe yet (sometimes take forever to find) or you skill still too low so your craft time is so slow. your mod is a savior for those who looking for fun when play this game solo and your advanced traps is really helpful.

Just noticed last night on our Overhaul server that there doesn't seem to be a way to make the new TFP Chemical Station.

The recipe comes up with a Workbench Icon, but looking at it in the Workbench shows the greyed out Skill icon. I have Chemistry training, but I think the skill set might still be pointing to the old WorkstationChemisty block and not the new TFP station.

edit: Couldn't find the perk for it either unless I went totally blind by how awesome everything else is :D

Just noticed the exact same thing. The perk is Chemistry, and I've also read 2 Chemistry books and I am unable to make the Chemistry Table (using workbench).

Just noticed the exact same thing. The perk is Chemistry, and I've also read 2 Chemistry books and I am unable to make the Chemistry Table (using workbench).

In progression.xml look for the line

<perk name="Chemistry" icon="science" description_key="Learn how to craft chemicals and other recipes like the chemistry station, gas, glue, oil, and fuel logs." title_key="Chemistry Training" max_level="1" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="crafting">
	<recipe name="[b][color="#FFFF00"]workstationChemistry[/color][/b]" unlock_level="1"/>

Change workstationChemistry to chemistryStation. For MP this needs to be done in the server files.

Hey Val!

Been a while and just wanted to pop back and say great job keeping everything up, running, and updated.

Being in the expansion minority I just wanted to report back some overhaul assets that trickled into this build.

-Bullet Tumbler

-Carpentry Kit

-Sewing Kit

-Survivor Suitcase

What are the plans for expansion? You said it best with the gap being so narrow now between Vanilla and Expansion, and your time being so valuable, is this project going to eventually be put to bed? I kinda feel like I run one of the last expansion servers out there.

In progression.xml look for the line
	<perk name="Chemistry" icon="science" description_key="Learn how to craft chemicals and other recipes like the chemistry station, gas, glue, oil, and fuel logs." title_key="Chemistry Training" max_level="1" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="crafting">
	<recipe name="[b][color="#FFFF00"]workstationChemistry[/color][/b]" unlock_level="1"/>

Change workstationChemistry to chemistryStation. For MP this needs to be done in the server files.

Yeah already found and corrected it last night on the server side. Immediately allows the crafting of the chemistry station, nothing needs to be rebought/reread.

you can find this:

<property name="RepairTools" value="mechanicalKit" />

19 times in the items.xml

It's the b105 version

If you have ie. a chainsaw and weaponrepairkits (the name in items.xml is repairkit...) you can't repair it. So I think it's a new item in b105-version.

Sure you are grabbing most recent version? I grabbed the one meant for release of A15 and I see the following

<item id="130" name="chainsaw">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Melee/Chainsaw/chainsaw" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />

- - - Updated - - -

seedApple is not an item but a block, therefore listed in blocks.xml, like the other modded in vegetables, like seeds from leek, wheat and grapes. seedApple you only get from the seed packs, since there are no apples in the loot.

It's just odd because it DOES exist as an item when its in your inventory before you planted it. So I thought it should be issuing an error.

Thanks for the mod Valmar. I havent read all about it or all in this tread but I know your work since back in A12 and forward. The mod works as expected in A15 and we have not seen any issues. It gives a new boost to the game after so many restarts and versions. We have fun playing it and is greatful for this mod and the work you spent!

Anyone know if the expansion uses the notes like the overhaul version does?

Im not sure if they function in the same way but yes, zeds drop survivor notes. They can then be combined into a 5 talent point stack or read individually for the single point.

Apple Trees and Working Sinks

Hi there. Thanks for the awesome mod!

Couple of questions.

1. Have built "working" sink, but it doesn't work. It just acts as a storage box. What am I doing wrong?

2. Have planted apple seeds but after at least 14 days, still no apples. I'm afraid to cut it down for fear of losing the only apple seeds I've been able to obtain.

3. Is there any way to get more experience from mining. Seems like the only time (my husband) can level up is killing zombies.

4. I was plowing some land and out of no where my level jumped to 200 and I had a couple tons of points to divvy out to my perks and skills. Is there any way to set it back to Level 9 with no points to divvy out?

I appreciate your response. ~tahrah~

Archived