A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17350[/ATTACH]

I'm getting this error on a brand new install. Any idea how to solve it please? (latest A14 build btw)

(forum image doesn't seem to be working so here's another link : https://postimg.org/image/y2mgyv3sv/)

I was having similar issues after the last two game patches. For random gen maps, this is what happened to me and what I did to get around it.

-Start a NEW Random Gen Map. Either get a bunch of red console errors, or I am waiting for more than 5 minutes for it to load.

-Alt-Tab out to Windows (7 pro), use Task Manager to force quit the game.

-Start a new Navezgane map. That should load just fine. Wait until you get all of the starting quests to load.

-Quit the Navezgane map, then load the previous Random Gen map. This time is should load.

(I had this issue since I joined the a15 beta, both with and without ValMod)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17350[/ATTACH]

I'm getting this error on a brand new install. Any idea how to solve it please? (latest A14 build btw)

(forum image doesn't seem to be working so here's another link : https://postimg.org/image/y2mgyv3sv/)

Oops, sorry. Didn't notice that it was for a14. (a14.7, right?)

--Is this a previously played map or a new one? I would remove the game through Steam and the game's folder from Windows, and reinstall the game, then reinstall the patch. (ask in a post for help with that)

Oops, sorry. Didn't notice that it was for a14. (a14.7, right?)

--Is this a previously played map or a new one? I would remove the game through Steam and the game's folder from Windows, and reinstall the game, then reinstall the patch. (ask in a post for help with that)

A14.7 yes, but it happens as soon as I launch the game, before the main menu.

Edit: Tried reinstalling, didn't work.

A14.7 yes, but it happens as soon as I launch the game, before the main menu.

Edit: Tried reinstalling, didn't work.

A14.7 is a long-standing stable branch. It should be working fine, it hasn't been changed in a while. Are you sure you downloaded the A14 version of the mod and not the A15 experimental?

Add me to steam and we can troubleshoot it more personally if you'd like.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora/

with b104 and the files of the first post dl-link (b94). Try to break in a tool-shop. Got red massages in the console. Only thing I could read, was something with "vending machine" Had to force quit the game. After restart the same.

I suspect I know what it was. Hopefully is fixed now.

A14.7 is a long-standing stable branch. It should be working fine, it hasn't been changed in a while. Are you sure you downloaded the A14 version of the mod and not the A15 experimental?

Add me to steam and we can troubleshoot it more personally if you'd like.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora/

Oh man I'm so stupid, I did just that... Hope I didn't waste any of your time and thank you for your work!

Got an error running the new b104 build

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17361[/ATTACH]

Something around INF error, saving chunks.

Not sure if its Valmod or the engine?

The image is sadly too small for me to make out what the console is saying. However it might be related to the earlier bug Narimbur reported and I fixed a few hours back. Redownload the mod to grab the latest files and see if that resolves it. If not, then I will have to look into the matter more closely.

Updated the Horde edition version to work with b104. Also restructured it. Now it only contains the three files that are changed from Overhaul. Install Overhaul first then put the Horde Edition on top of it to if you want it.

Items.xml - makes headshots deadly and bodyshots weaker.

spawning.xml - ramps up the zombie spawn setting considerably so you have more to contend with.

entityclasses.xml - disabled running zombie's climbing and running.

You can use any of these files interchangeably to suit your needs. So if you only want headshots, you can just add the items.

Horde Edition

Call to Testers!

I have a new version of Valmod Overhaul (b104 build) that completely overhauls (heh, pun) the progression system in many ways. I'm mainly testing this out and would love to get some feedback on the new approach. So far I do enjoy what I've done with it but it does need more eyes on it to spot possible faults or issues.

What has changed, you may ask? Well, a huge reduction in the amount of perks, for one. Almost every recipe is now connected to a /skill/, not a perk. What does that mean? Well, now, to unlock the Pistol, for example, you have to level up Pistols to level 20. This goes for many other recipes aswell. You could now gradually unlock more medical recipes as your skill in medicine levels up, just for example.

What perks are still kept also now function with a new system. Perks now only give you the recipe when they have been maxed out (or at a certain level, if specified otherwise). So while a perk may still cost 10 skill points it will now have 10 levels instead of just 1 level for 10 points.

Many new books have been added to the game that you can find that will add various skills or perks. However now that perks have multiple levels you will not instantly max out and learn a recipe from a perk just from finding one book. For example finding a chainsaw schematic will not max out the perk and unlock the recipe instantly, but it will put points into to make it cheaper to purchase if you desire. Or you can wait till you find another to keep leveling the perk for free to get the recipe.

Your skill level in a specific gun now determines the quality loss from repairs. Gun Smithing is no longer a thing. If you never used a shotgun before repairing it will cost you more quality. If you've mastered pistols repairing them will cost you less.

Here is a quick rundown of new skills/perks or other changes and what unlocks what.

..:: Skills ::..

Scavenging

Scrap Iron/Brass/Lead - level 5

scrapIronAxe - level 5

scrapIronPickaxe - level 5

scrapIronShovel - level 5

scrapIronShiv - level 5

blunderbuss - level 10

Blunt Weapons:

clubIron - level 20

clubBarbed - level 30

clubSpiked - level 40

Blade Weapons:

huntingKnife - level 20

machete - level 30

scythe - level 50

combatAxe - level 80

Mining Tools:

pickaxeIron - level 20

pickaxeSteel - level 40

Construction Tools:

clawHammer - level 20

sledgehammer - level 30

wrench - 40

Axes:

fireaxeIron - level 10

fireaxeSteel -level 20

Pistols:

gunPistol - level 20

gunPistolSilenced - level 30

gun44Magnum - level 40

gun44MagnumSilenced - level 50

Shotguns:

gunSawedOffPumpShotgun - level 15

gunPumpShotgun - level 20

gunPumpShotgunChoked - level 30

Rifles:

gunHuntingRifle - level 20

gunBoltRifle - level 20

gunHuntingRifleSilenced - level 30

gunBoltRifleSilenced - level 30

gunSniperRifle - level 40

gunSniperSilenced - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScope - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScopeSilenced - level 50

Assault Rifles:

gunMP5 - level 20

gunMP5Silenced - level 30

gunAK47 - level 40

gunAK47Silenced - level 50

Fletching:

ironArrow - level 20

ironCrossbowBolt - level 20

steelArrow - level 30

steelCrossbowBolt - level 30

flamingArrow - level 50

explodingCrossbowBolt - level 50

Medicine:

healingAgent - level 5

drinkHealth - level 5

firstAidBandage - level 10

maniacPowder - level 15

disinfectantBandage - level 20

medicalSplint - level 25

firstAidKit - level 30

antibiotics - level 35

herbalAntibiotics - level 40

Science:

chemistryStation - level 15

beer - level 15

mead - level 15

meadBlueberry - level 15

appleCider - level 15

fuelLog - level 15

glue - level 20

grainAlcohol - level 20

oil - level 20

bioFuel - level 20

chemicalAgent - level 20

gasCan - level 20

Tailoring:

sewingKit - level 5

Armor Smithing

animal hide armor - level 10

leather armor - level 20

scrap iron armor - level 30

iron armor - level 40

steel armor - level 50

Leatherworking

leather - level 15

tanningRack - level 15

Mechanical:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various mechanical bits and bobs.

Blacksmith:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various items and blocks in the forge.

forge - level 10

bellows - level 10

forgedIron - level 10

ironArrowHead - level 10

ironRingsRivets - level 10

emptyJar - level 15

Syringe - level 15

Glass Blocks - level 15

beaker - level 15

weldingTorch - level 20

ironBars - level 30

anvil - level 30

calipers - level 50

spring - level 50

forgedSteel - level 80

steelArrowHead - level 80

mechanicalParts - level 80

steelRingsRivets - level 80

Carpentry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various wood items such as woodframes or carpenter kits.

Wood Blocks - level 10

handsaw - level 10

carpenterKit - level 10

Masonry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting carious stone or brick blocks.

cementMixer - level 20

chisel - level 20

Cobblestone Blocks - level 20

Brick Blocks - level 30

Cement - level 50

concreteMix - level 50

Rebar Blocks - level 50

..:: Perks ::..

Boom Stick:

Increases shotgun damage.

gunBoomstick - level 3

Better Lead Than Dead:

Increases hunting rifle and sniper damage.

G.I. Joe:

Increases assault rifle (ak47/smg) damage.

Gun: Rocket Launcher:

gunRocketLauncher - level 30

Wooden Bow:

woodenBow - level 5

ironBow - level 15 (requires level 20 Archery)

Crossbow:

crossbow - level 10

ironCrossbow - level 20 (requires level 20 Archery)

crossbowRepeater - level 30 (requires level 30 Archery)

Quicker Crafting:

woodBlock - level 1

cobblestoneBlock - level 2 (requires player level 20)

AutoWall_Wood - level 3 (requires player level 30)

AutoWall_Concrete - level 4 (requires player level 40)

AutoWall_Reinforced_Concrete - level 5 (requires player level 50)

Miner 69er:

minersTNT - level 5 (requires Mining Tools level 80)

Lumberjack:

Increases block damage with axes and reduces the stamina drain.

Electric Lights:

This perk gives you the required items to craft working electric lights.

electricalToolKit - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

flashlight02 - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Plumbing:

This perk teaches you how to craft kits to fix sinks or craft your own working sinks for infinite clean water.

plumbingKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingCabinetSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingGranitSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Oven Repair:

This perk teaches you to craft oven repair kits or working ovens to cook without fuel.

ovenKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workstationOven - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Lockpicks:

Lockpick - level 15 (requires Scavenging level 15)

Animal Traps:

animalSnare - level 10 (requires The Survivor level 1)

chickenCoop - level 10 (requires The Survivor level 1)

Pottery:

bowl - level 3

dinnerPlate - level 3

clayBucket - level 3

Chainsaw:

chainsaw - level 8

Nailgun:

nailgun - level 15

Auger:

auger - level 15

partsAuger_Blade level 15

Minibike:

minibikeChassis - level 30 (requires Mechanical level 30)

minibikeWheels - level 30 (requires Mechanical level 30)

minibikeSeat - level 30 (requires Mechanical level 30)

minibikeHandlebars - level 30 (requires Mechanical level 30)

Traps:

trapSpikesNew - level 10

woodLogSpike1 - level 10

trapFall - level 10

trussingSpike - level 20

trussingWallSpike - 20

tnt - level 20

dynamite - level 20

mineAirFilter - level 20

mineCandyTin - level 20

mineHubcap - level 20

mineCookingPot - level 20

pipebomb - level 20

rScrapIronPlateMine - level 20

trapNailMine - level 20

trapFire - level 30

Garden Tools:

shovelIron - level 5 (requires Tool Smithing level 10)

shovelSteel - level 5 (requires Tool Smithing level 10)

hoeIron - level 5 (requires Tool Smithing level 10)

weedCleaver - level 5 (requires Tool Smithing level 10)

Security:

Secure Wooden Door - level 5

Secure Wooded Crates - level 10 (requires Carpentry level 10)

Secure Safes - level 20 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Iron and Vault Doors - level 20 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Drawbridges - level 20 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Any and all feedback on this version would be greatly appreciated! Unless it gets a lot of hate this will likely one day become the new Overhaul standard.

Valmod Overhaul Experimental Edition

Yes. When I call it "experimental edition" what I mean is that its an experimental prototype of Valmod, not that its intended for an experimental build of 7DTD.

Both my experimental edition and my Valmod Overhaul (main download) are both A15 stable compatible.

Valvar you gonna update the expansion to A15?

for now i'll try the experimental version...

I am, it just takes time.

The Overhaul I basically already had updated to A15 since I was keeping up with their beta build. The Expansion Pack however I have to start from scratch, more or less. That takes time. Lots of time. It will probably take me a few days. But yes, I do fully plan on updating Expansion Pack to work with A15.

When was the last time you updated your files? The merchant order should be 420.

Sorry - that's a remark on the difference between merchant order and vendor.

If I use in game vendor to buy 30 bullets it costs 1,200 dukes for the stack versus 420 dukes via merchant order. Creating a loop which could be exploited for infinite ammo/increasing currency.

Icons

I am abit new to this Mod community, but I did as intructed. But for some reason the game does not pickup the icons in the "mods" folder. The mods folder was not present when I copied it over either. Did I place it wrong?

I could enter the modded game fine and everything worked, but no icons for the new stuff that is added?

On a side note I think this Modsounds great. Me and my friends look forward to test it later today.

Thanks for any answers you may provide Valmar.

edit:

Nevermind, I am blind. I just didnt read at the end of the guide. My bad :)

I would like to petition for the cost of leasing a vending machine to be reduced from 2500 dukes, which 30 days. (60 real life hours, but that's tied to my game timelapse duration)

Might I suggest that their could be different leasing times for various machines? Daily rental / 3 day rental / weekly rental / 2 weeks rental / monthly (in game time)

My reasoning would be by the time I ever get remotely close to 2500 dukes I would have a end game tools like chainsaws auger iron/steel plate minibike etc by then it doesn't fit the scale of when you're able to lease one vs if its even worth anything by that point.

While on topic talking about prices, the bullet tumbler has a base price of 1 duke.

I do prefer the changes you've made to the skill system, I haven't played it long enough to suggest any changes though.

hey Val, could you release the base changes per file? ex.... the items file, rather than a complete file, just the changes you made to the file inside a file named... Items_Val_exp.txt or items_val_overhaul.txt ? that way we could pick and chose which files to add to customize our game world?

Sorry - that's a remark on the difference between merchant order and vendor.

If I use in game vendor to buy 30 bullets it costs 1,200 dukes for the stack versus 420 dukes via merchant order. Creating a loop which could be exploited for infinite ammo/increasing currency.

Strange. I'm not really sure whats up with that. I might just remove the recipes for it now anyway. The merchant delivery box was only meant to be a stand-in for merchants, anyway.

use your new version with b105:

-can't find receipt for whetstone, only find it in items.xml

There is no recipe for it. You harvest it from mining boulders or stone.

edit:

Nevermind, I am blind. I just didnt read at the end of the guide. My bad :)

Out of curiosity was it related to playing on a server and needing the mod installed locally?

I would like to petition for the cost of leasing a vending machine to be reduced from 2500 dukes, which 30 days. (60 real life hours, but that's tied to my game timelapse duration)

Might I suggest that their could be different leasing times for various machines? Daily rental / 3 day rental / weekly rental / 2 weeks rental / monthly (in game time)

My reasoning would be by the time I ever get remotely close to 2500 dukes I would have a end game tools like chainsaws auger iron/steel plate minibike etc by then it doesn't fit the scale of when you're able to lease one vs if its even worth anything by that point.

While on topic talking about prices, the bullet tumbler has a base price of 1 duke.

I do prefer the changes you've made to the skill system, I haven't played it long enough to suggest any changes though.

I'm not entirely sure how the vending system works. What you suggest should be possible but would require new blocks. With the block ID limit being what it is I really don't want to do that. I'll keep the idea in mind though. I think you can keep buying time on them, can't you? You could then set the default time to 3 days and reduce the cost. Then you just keep buying more time as you need it to stack it. I'm not sure if thats possible yet but I assume it would be.

Most of my items added have no EconomicValue and thus likely all default to 1. Hopefully overtime I will add some more appropriate values to them.

I appreciate you taking the time to try out the experimental build.

hey Val, could you release the base changes per file? ex.... the items file, rather than a complete file, just the changes you made to the file inside a file named... Items_Val_exp.txt or items_val_overhaul.txt ? that way we could pick and chose which files to add to customize our game world?

I don't think you realize the sheer magnitude of what you're requesting. It would be practically impossible to do that in any feasible way and require a lot of work. Especially for something only one or two people will use and anyone else who tries to use it will probably not understand it and break something.

I share many various individual mods in my mod collection that come from Valmod. That would be a better place to look for such things.

I've changed it myself manually by editing the traders.xml

<!-- Rented - Vending Machine -->
<trader_info id="5" reset_interval="-1" override_buy_markup="1.0" override_sell_markup="1.0" allow_sell="false" rentable="true" rent_cost="2500" rent_time="30" />

I changed / marked down / quantified down? for a 3 day rental at rent_cost="250" rent_time="3" maintaining the same cost / duration just as as a bite sized chunk of 3 days at 250 instead of 1 month for 2500

Just a personal preference.

Edit - I didn't realise I could sell items to the vendor -,- I thought it was only in the rented machine, but ah well I do prefer the bite size rent duration/cost as opposed to the whole chunk at 2500 for a 30 days.

Editing these as I notice them.

Items with no value (Mod items)

Peroxide

Light Bulb

Suggested that the price be changed, posted below is their current selling value.

Burning Barrel - 2 dukes. (it has no practical value in the vanilla game, but in this mod its used for a recipe ~I forgot what :S)

Archived