Pipemachingun from o-@%$#-weapon to useless-moneysink

How glad I was, when I got the option to get a pipemachinegun-set. JO-HO 15 x 7.62 mayhem for over 500+ dukes. Thats a good investion. I thought.

One POI later I met Mr. constructionworker (not the ferral one, a normal plain construktionworker, when I dropped down into a chamber. No problem I thought and pumped each end every of my 15 shots a point blank into his chest. ..and got whacked by him. Bleeding i tried to down him with my pipe pistol .....well to shots later I was dead and now I know that wasting precios ammo into pipe garbage is just a waste of money.

I have to try spike traps or  barbed wire especially again ferral.

Yeah zombies are much tankier now so you gotta mix up early combat a lot more with moltovs and spike traps and other tools. Only later with perks can the guns alone be more reasonably used.

I'm kinda 50/50 on it so far. I do like being encouraged to use more tools instead of just shooting or melee attacking every non hoard or high tier PoI encounter.

Unless you are playing on insane difficulty with no mods and no points into machine gunner then you are over exaggerating.

The zombies are a bit tanky but not by much and that's playing on warrior difficulty. No issues with using a pipe machine gun on ferals or killing them with a iron axe.

Only time I saw them take awhile to kill was using a tier 1 stone shovel but by the time I got a tier 5 stone shovel and threw in mods it was alot easier. 

7 hours ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Unless you are playing on insane difficulty with no mods and no points into machine gunner then you are over exaggerating.

The zombies are a bit tanky but not by much and that's playing on warrior difficulty. No issues with using a pipe machine gun on ferals or killing them with a iron axe.

Only time I saw them take awhile to kill was using a tier 1 stone shovel but by the time I got a tier 5 stone shovel and threw in mods it was alot easier. 

difficulty 2, no mods, no perks tier 1.

I play an int-build and in future i will place barbed wire and ladders in my belt and stop wasting precios slots on pipe weapons and ammo.

On 6/28/2024 at 6:12 AM, Gr.o.m. said:

difficulty 2, no mods, no perks tier 1.

I play an int-build and in future i will place barbed wire and ladders in my belt and stop wasting precios slots on pipe weapons and ammo.

I play agility build on the same difficulty. I don't have any mods however I do spec  handgun and take the pipe pistol as my first reward. My instincts warned me to take the pipe machine gun because if you're in a bind and have a lot of Z's, there aren't enough rounds in the pipe pistol to get you through. For the first time I equiped two of them and that worked.  I'm getting along just fine with the pistol and I didn't think I would. 

There is something about aiming right at the chest that I don't understand. I use a bow for most of my damage reserving the pistol for emergencies. I can see the bow as it flies across the room and it will go right through zombies without hurting them. I don't understand it. I think logic in dealing with damage has the z somewhere where you don't think it is. I believe this is what happened to you with the machine gun. 

One of the mods I can get for my bow improves accuracy and it does get better. Try putting a scope on the machine gun and using it.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

ElCabong you are right, if you have time and space you can aim and out them with headshots down. But like I said, I tried to use it as a O-sht-weapon, that means somithing went wrong and than you have to react fast.

I will try ladders and barbed wire. thats cheaper and I think I will die less often. Especially against ferral, without propper armor.

Using ammo in lowtier pipeweapons is a waste of resources. Use a bow or a crossbow.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

A) Shoot the head not the chest

B) Do not remain at point blank range for 15 shots

...and of corse don't let them hit you so you will not die.   😛

Zombie health was increase to fit with the slog narrative they went with in 1.0, what is the slog narrative? basically make everything as tedious as they can to extend the game as they know it has no real content. In another thread a guy ran into a radiated tourist, he had a qual 4 ak-47, 4./5 in machine gunner, and fully modded, and it took 90 bullets to kill it with alot of those being headshots. Thats a little bit insane and isin't any fun. You cannot up enemy health this much but not buff the weapons at all. Most of the guns in 7dtd feel like peashooters, they just don't do nearly enough damage at all, even before 1.0 it was the same. Only gun that does decent damage is a shotgun, which is why many choose that as their weapon of choice. Its pretty funny when a primitive bow made of sticks and grass can do more damage than a 9mm pistol or a pipe machine gun firing 7.62 bullets.

4 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

ElCabong you are right, if you have time and space you can aim and out them with headshots down. But like I said, I tried to use it as a O-sht-weapon, that means somithing went wrong and than you have to react fast.

I will try ladders and barbed wire. thats cheaper and I think I will die less often. Especially against ferral, without propper armor.

Using ammo in lowtier pipeweapons is a waste of resources. Use a bow or a crossbow.

I don't always aim for the head, I aim for the chest and I think I have a better chance of hitting them in the chest using a scope. I don't have any way to proveit. I feel like I'm hitting them more often. I am positive my bow hits more often with the arrow guide mod. I've used that often enough to be sure. I'm  just assuming the pipe machine gun would be better also.

21 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

I'd also like to add that as a person using an INT build, when you fall into pits or headlong into fight, you effectively eliminate what INT builds are strong at doing.  Tight spaces and desperate situations are the enemy!   In close combat, the pipe baton is not a terrible weapon - but it's also meant to be your last resort.

On 6/29/2024 at 10:34 PM, Scyris said:

Zombie health was increase to fit with the slog narrative they went with in 1.0, what is the slog narrative? basically make everything as tedious as they can to extend the game as they know it has no real content. In another thread a guy ran into a radiated tourist, he had a qual 4 ak-47, 4./5 in machine gunner, and fully modded, and it took 90 bullets to kill it with alot of those being headshots. Thats a little bit insane and isin't any fun. You cannot up enemy health this much but not buff the weapons at all. Most of the guns in 7dtd feel like peashooters, they just don't do nearly enough damage at all, even before 1.0 it was the same. Only gun that does decent damage is a shotgun, which is why many choose that as their weapon of choice. Its pretty funny when a primitive bow made of sticks and grass can do more damage than a 9mm pistol or a pipe machine gun firing 7.62 bullets.

So you have to adapt and change tactics. Shotguns are verry good, not only damagewise but also because auf the slow effect.

Another option is to use ladders to go into safety and snipe with a bow or huntingrifle.