A16 - Valmar's Admin Tool

Valmar

Good evening, Valmar. I placed your script for adminbedrock in the blocks.xml file but how do i find it and/or use it?

Thank you in advance.

I'd need to see it to know for sure. I dont even remember admin bedrock. Though assume you access it from the cheat/creative menu - probably hidden behind the "Dev Blocks" button somewhere.

I found it in a search that you addressed once before but found nothing about where it went.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-44667.html

Okay so I was right. Its hidden behind the dev blocks. In the cheat/creative menu toggle the "dev blocks" icon (looks like three computer towers) and search Admin.

Or remove this from the code:

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

TY Valmar and Happy New Year!

"Okay so I was right. Its hidden behind the dev blocks. In the cheat/creative menu toggle the "dev blocks" icon (looks like three computer towers) and search Admin.

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />"

Are we talking about AdminBedrock? I did exactly what you said but it didnt come up. Just the admin tools. I will try removing the code next.

Well I thought I was done but......

I can access the admin bedrock now but the admin tools dont destroy it. Thoughts?

<block id="1915" name="adminbedrock">

<property name="Material" value="Mbedrock" />

<property name="Shape" value="CubeCutout" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="rConcreteMaster" />

<property name="Texture" value="315" />

<property name="DropScale" value="2" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="woodFrameBlock" />

<property name="Item" value="Admin Tool" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="0" />

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1" />

</property>

</block>

TY Valmar and Happy New Year!

"Okay so I was right. Its hidden behind the dev blocks. In the cheat/creative menu toggle the "dev blocks" icon (looks like three computer towers) and search Admin.

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />"

Are we talking about AdminBedrock? I did exactly what you said but it didnt come up. Just the admin tools. I will try removing the code next.

Well I thought I was done but......

I can access the admin bedrock now but the admin tools dont destroy it. Thoughts?

<block id="1915" name="adminbedrock">

<property name="Material" value="Mbedrock" />

<property name="Shape" value="CubeCutout" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="rConcreteMaster" />

<property name="Texture" value="315" />

<property name="DropScale" value="2" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false" />

</property>

</block>

1915 is not longer a free block ID. I would recommend giving it an ID that isn't being used.

Also should conform the code to the new standard of bedrock.

Try this instead:

<block id="65" name="adminBedrock">

<property name="Extends" value="bedrock" />

</property>

</block>

• 1 month later...
Hi Valmar, i'm new in this, please, can you explain me how to install this mod?

You copy and paste the included items.xml code into the bottom of your items.xml file, right above the the </items> line on the bottom of the file.

Then in-game you grab them from the creative menu - be sure to click the Dev Blocks icon to make sure they show up there.

No admin book, No Admin auger, No admin shiv and no adminnailgun for me :(

They were removed a while back. Notice they are no longer mentioned in the OP.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyway to keep these from making a server "modded"?

Unfortunately not. Far as I know even changing the game settings can lead to the server being modded - though they might have changed that or I remembered wrong.

Any deviation from pure vanilla files flags it as modded - no matter how small the change. Even adding an extra space somewhere in the file would be enough.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for digging out this thread. I was looking for a way to get admin digging tools as well that will NOT mark my server as "modded". Has anyone got an idea for that? Maybe using a server-side dll mod (which suprisingly doesn't flag the server as modded)?

djk

Sorry for digging out this thread. I was looking for a way to get admin digging tools as well that will NOT mark my server as "modded". Has anyone got an idea for that? Maybe using a server-side dll mod (which suprisingly doesn't flag the server as modded)?

djk

Far as I know ANY edit you make to the XMLs and even changing anything away from default settings (loot, time, spawn rate, literally anything) will flag you as modded.

Coppi's Additions might be handy though. Its not exactly fantastic for precision stuff like removing a few blocks here and there but it excels at larger jobs such as removing a building, floor, mountain, ect.

Far as I know ANY edit you make to the XMLs and even changing anything away from default settings (loot, time, spawn rate, literally anything) will flag you as modded.

Coppi's Additions might be handy though. Its not exactly fantastic for precision stuff like removing a few blocks here and there but it excels at larger jobs such as removing a building, floor, mountain, ect.

There are a few settings in serverconfig.xml that you may change and keep vanilla status.

There are some settings changed and removed but overall this is still in effect -> http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Server:_serverconfig.xml Check for "Modded Status" That will be the settings you may NOT change for not losing vanilla status.

Cheers

-edit- unfortunately coppis is broken, but Stompy has come a long way getting same functionality. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57569-Bad-Company-Manager-(ApiMod-for-Servers)

Note:

As of A15 the devs have graciously left in code for their own admin tools. Supah Diggah and Just Die. They're pretty sweet. All you have to do is uncomment (remove the <!-- and --> lines from their care) to enable them.

I am sure I am just missing something obvious. I have not added any of your edits, but I did remove the remark out.

I did restart the server after making the change.

I am also running the latest A16E.

How do I get those items? I enabled creative mode, couldn't find any item with the names.

How do I get the item after enabling it in the items.xml?

Thanks for your time and insight.

Thanks.

I am sure I am just missing something obvious. I have not added any of your edits, but I did remove the remark out.

I did restart the server after making the change.

I am also running the latest A16E.

How do I get those items? I enabled creative mode, couldn't find any item with the names.

How do I get the item after enabling it in the items.xml?

Thanks for your time and insight.

Thanks.

in the cheat menu in game click on the dev icon and they will show up as they are a dev tool. ummmm when you press u you have several icons on the top of the cheat menu box hover your mouse over til it states dev. i believe approx 7thish from the right it should be

Hi Val, love the mod is there a way to add just the admin tools to A16E B119?, keep up the good work

I'm afraid I do not understand the question. This topic is exactly that - just the admin tools. They should work as-is in A16, far as I know. Do they not? If not, what doesn't work about them? Not doing enough damage?

in the cheat menu in game click on the dev icon and they will show up as they are a dev tool. ummmm when you press u you have several icons on the top of the cheat menu box hover your mouse over til it states dev. i believe approx 7thish from the right it should be

Yes, exactly as Stallion says. :)

I'm afraid I do not understand the question. This topic is exactly that - just the admin tools. They should work as-is in A16, far as I know. Do they not? If not, what doesn't work about them? Not doing enough damage?

Yes, exactly as Stallion says. :)

think he meant in a15 the admin tool actually harvested in a16 it does not, but i see why you changed it. I changed it to harvest again and with the changes to exp from harvesting you get HUGE quantities and exp using it so i reverted it back.

Ahh there it is.

Thanks as always Stallionsden.

think he meant in a15 the admin tool actually harvested in a16 it does not, but i see why you changed it. I changed it to harvest again and with the changes to exp from harvesting you get HUGE quantities and exp using it so i reverted it back.

Er, I am sorry.

What exactly are you changing to make it not harvest?

harvesting is giving WAY too much exp and I would rather level playing the game not while admining.

Presently the line I think you are refering to is:

<property name="SupportHarvesting" value="false" />

Weird thing is it is false, but I am still getting a harvest from using the tool.

Thanks for your insight.

Archived