A16 - Valmar's Admin Tool

Valmar

You don't remove .txt, you don't paste in the config and you don't need the SD2DX thing.

You copy the code I provided and paste it at the bottom of items.xml which is located within the config folder.

When I say paste at the bottom, I don't mean that literally however. Always keep </items> at the bottom of the xml file. Other than that, paste this at the bottom. Then save. Now launch the game. Open the creative menu and search for Admin. They should be there.

If this is your first time modding I recommend browsing youtube for some how-to guides about this to get to know the basics.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Layarion.

Yes, you did. Though it was in another topic besides this one, actually.

I did reply though perhaps only in part since you caught my interest mainly on the comment of repairs taking a long time. Admin food and vitamins is not a bad idea. It just isn't really something I see as a priority. The pills were originally meant primarily to keep your hunger and food up because I got tired of building something and having to go grab four or six stews to keep myself from starving the death. Them healing you and curing you was really only an added benefit. I did give a small nerf to their food/water gain, however, so that you could use them more frequently incase you did need to cure something or heal something.

In A14 however I will look into adding special admin food for you though. I've considered fixing the Admin Pill so that it always heals and feeds you, regardless of your hunger level (as you noticed you cant eat it to heal yourself if you're full) but doing so would require a new buff and make the Admin Tools mod one step more complicated since they'd have to edit two files as opposed to one. We'll see what happens in A14.

Hello Layarion.

Yes, you did. Though it was in another topic besides this one, actually.

I did reply though perhaps only in part since you caught my interest mainly on the comment of repairs taking a long time. Admin food and vitamins is not a bad idea. It just isn't really something I see as a priority. The pills were originally meant primarily to keep your hunger and food up because I got tired of building something and having to go grab four or six stews to keep myself from starving the death. Them healing you and curing you was really only an added benefit. I did give a small nerf to their food/water gain, however, so that you could use them more frequently incase you did need to cure something or heal something.

In A14 however I will look into adding special admin food for you though. I've considered fixing the Admin Pill so that it always heals and feeds you, regardless of your hunger level (as you noticed you cant eat it to heal yourself if you're full) but doing so would require a new buff and make the Admin Tools mod one step more complicated since they'd have to edit two files as opposed to one. We'll see what happens in A14.

i don't get it, because i have the admin food. it was literally just copy/paste right above the pills and then delete the buffs and set food/water to +99 in the same items file

http://pastebin.com/bT4JgdQB

i use this for building and testing game mechanics. which means i get hit alot. i don't use these in a serious game so having "god pills" is no issue.

i use your admin tools for experiments on game mechanics and building designs. so i could understand the apprehension if people use this for more serious games where they might abuse these tools but that's the server owners priority to assign responsible permissions then.

in that pastebin i already made the changes to the pills, added the vitamins and food with a new graphic for each, including the sounds, and mesh associated with each.

i added +200 health to the vitamins and pills because i get hit alot in my experiments and don't want to switch to the pills everytime i need a heal. i added the first aid bandage slow heal effect to the vitamins because after i get back to 200 wellness i then don't need to switch back to the pills to go from 199 to 200

i too used the admin pills so that i wouldn't need to carry 6 cans of whatever on me when i'm just trying to do something, hence the food.

anyway so i made the changes and it looks good, i tried to make it as easy a transition for you as possible.

Thats fine and all but I prefer doing things myself. That way if something ever goes wrong, for whatever reason, I'm more familiar with the code and know where to look. Plus there is the matter of custom icons. Its not a matter of it being a difficult transition. You I'm sure know from experience how easy such a change would be. I just don't want to add/mess with my mods until A14 hits in general and I don't see this as being a big enough issue for me to make an exception.

In blunt, perhaps harsh terms, I just don't care enough about it.

Sorry if that comes across as rude.

• 4 weeks later...

@Thomtree

While I believe the original code would have still worked (perhaps need new item ids) I have went ahead and updated the code a bit to more closely match what I have in my Valmod Pack. I haven't gotten around to testing it just yet so it may not work as-is but I think it should be fine. When my Valmod Pack is finished I will go through all my individual mods, such as this, and ensure their code is compatible.

Edit: Updated a tested version of the code. Seems to be working okay now.

You can only see them in the creative menu and you have to toggle the "dev blocks" view. Its the little icon next to hand icon in creative menu. Looks like three computer towers. Click that so it shows the hidden "dev" stuff then search for "Admin" and all these tools should show up.

Nope

See Screen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13948[/ATTACH]

The boneshiv you need to remove the criticalbleedoutbuff as it gives red console errors. Thus stopping anything under it from working to

- - - Updated - - -

There is no criticalbleedout in buffs only arrowcriticalbleedout

The boneshiv you need to remove the criticalbleedoutbuff as it gives red console errors. Thus stopping anything under it from working to

- - - Updated - - -

There is no criticalbleedout in buffs only arrowcriticalbleedout

Without the criticalbleedout it works. Thx for the help.

Archived