War of the Walkers mod

dwallorde

Howdy,

The beaker isn't craftable and isn't in the loot tables. How are they normally acquired?

Cheers

I was curious about this too, in 115 levels I had not looted even one beaker. I ended up maxing my stash perk with traders, and eventually found 3 beakers to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, A leather tanning book seems really difficult to find. 115 levels in and not one that I've found to loot or in a trader. Anyone have any advice for that?

Edit: Ironically, the moment I logged on to the game after I made the comment about the leather tanning book, I actually found one in the bookcase. I should have jinxed myself sooner. lol

Edited by Xeph (see edit history)

My wife and I just started a server with WOTW mod (bluefang, super easy setup). I have 1050 hours in 7DTD and have played Ravenhearst mod, vanilla, off and on for a few years. All of this to say that I think WOTW gets the skill / adventure balance exactly right for my play style. Well done! This should keep us busy until Alpha 17 drops :)

My wife and I just started a server with WOTW mod (bluefang, super easy setup). I have 1050 hours in 7DTD and have played Ravenhearst mod, vanilla, off and on for a few years. All of this to say that I think WOTW gets the skill / adventure balance exactly right for my play style. Well done! This should keep us busy until Alpha 17 drops :)

I agree, it adds depth to it, but doesn't make everything feel like a total slog. Had to be a bit more picky with skill points, like focusing on one melee weapon and one ranged weapon type. There a way to get extra skill points? Beside challenge quests.

@dwallorde

I've been playing "5.3 - 14 day Horde" for a bit and I just notice when trying to wire up my shotgun turret .. that there is NO Wireless junction boxes anymore ……. Did you leave them out or not using them anymore??

It has been awhile since I last played, but I thought I remembered them in my last build.

I do Know that there are couple of other modders that do use them and they are a Great add on to the game.

Thank you for a great mod and I'm really Enjoying the New Play-thru and all the new stuff … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Loot Nerfs?

Hi Dwall,

Love the new version so far, my brain literally burst when I found my first castle lol

Did have a question though, seems like looting in general is much less than it used to be? Especially for example boxes with the cross on them that you had to break into used to drop crazy good stuff.

Was the looting nerfed intentionally? Curious as to reasoning why, if so. :)

Thanks so much for all your work for us nerds to have an awesome mod!

Protecting the Fort 2.0 challenge

On the "Protecting the Fort 2.0" challenge, where you need to craft 10x Speed Traps, 10x Fire Speed Traps and 10x Exposive Speed Traps, the only crafting that does not count for me is the regular "Speed Traps". Does anyone else have this issue?

Pausing game suddenly not working

Day 143, out of nowhere, the pause function stopped working (on single player).

I hit escape to pause the game. The WoTW Splash Screen comes up like it's normally does when you pause it, you see the options and exit buttons, but clicking them does nothing, and the game continues to be active (eg. clock continues, zombies walking around, etc). I can't exit out of it either (as clicking exit does nothing now), I have to Altf4 to leave the game.

-----

Also, out of curiosity, I've never once encountered a bandit or survivor. Are there particular types of areas or POIs to look for them?

Day 143, out of nowhere, the pause function stopped working (on single player).

I hit escape to pause the game. The WoTW Splash Screen comes up like it's normally does when you pause it, you see the options and exit buttons, but clicking them does nothing, and the game continues to be active (eg. clock continues, zombies walking around, etc). I can't exit out of it either (as clicking exit does nothing now), I have to Altf4 to leave the game.

-----

Also, out of curiosity, I've never once encountered a bandit or survivor. Are there particular types of areas or POIs to look for them?

If YOU READ THE Update Notes for 5.3.3 .. you will see survivors and Bandits REMOVED for Performance reason … (mainly due to they kept causing issues at the Trader.)

If YOU READ THE Update Notes for 5.3.3 .. you will see survivors and Bandits REMOVED for Performance reason … (mainly due to they kept causing issues at the Trader.)

Ok thank you, I must have missed those notes, I had just read the notes on post #1 where you download the V5.3.3(B58) r8.30.2018 Alpha 16.4 (b8) which state survivors and bandits. Kinda bummed!

On WotW 5.3 which I em using is 'dyingismymiddlename' seed and found like 5 Class traders (two of them really close on the open, rest in towns), retirement home really close and every town have class trader or regular trader, 4-5 daycare's, one or two crack-a-book towers and a lot of gym's. I love gyms and day care. And few ships of course. Al that in city close to me and first cities on each side from that central city. I would wish maybe more crack-a-book towers but its not bad.

Does anybody others also think the new 5.3 is to much nerfed on the progression? I'd always like the fun of nice progression, but now, a lot of class quests can't be done until a high game level is reached. And to level up the wooden club you need to player level 10. But leveling up with a wooden club of 50 takes forever because the zombies just wont die :-).

Hi

First i want to say that i really like WotW mod, it feels more like vanilla 7 Days to Die should look.

So i registered here on forum since i got some questions that i cannot find answer to (sorry for any grammar mistakes, my native language is Polish).

My first question is about zombie spawning, i have no idea (i never went 60+ days in vanilla) if WotW mod changed something about this feature, but above 50 days i think zombies started spawning almost on top of my head. Sometimes they also spawn inside my very large base made in forest (they shouldn't be able to get inside yet they spawn like it is forest ground (i used flagstone block as base)).

When i was working on my base i suddenly changed my camera to my back position and i've seen zombie spawning just in front of me (he was floating just a bit in air before he reached ground level). This is very annyoing and doesn't feel to me like feature, but bug.

Second one is about updating WotW mod because i'm still on 5.3.0 version (B48 i think it was), i've seen there was wipe required for later versions so i guess i can't update if i want to play on 5.3.0 savegame? (or wipe was only about ability to see world generation changes?)