Announcing: Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Streamer Weekend Application

Looking forward to yet another Streamer Weekend, this is my 5th? or 6th? Can't remember. hahahaha

My team and I are so excited for 1.0. Going to do a total stream takeover once it drops.

Thanks to everyone at the Fun Pimps for all the hard work on the update, it is looking amazing! ❤️

21 hours ago, Doomofman said:

How is the application process going, how many applications you up to? Only seen a couple of announcement videos trickle out on Youtube so far

Plenty of enthusiasm! Unfortunately, barely half of those applying actually qualify. It seems this message didn’t get through but people do need the viewership numbers to be accepted. 5,000 subscribers on YouTube or 5,000 followers on Twitch. If you have 3 subscribers (which has actually happened), filling out an application is not a productive use of your time. :)

Even so, we’ve gotten a strong response, and I anticipate having more participants than we had for the last event.

1 hour ago, Crater Creator said:

Plenty of enthusiasm! Unfortunately, barely half of those applying actually qualify. It seems this message didn’t get through but people do need the viewership numbers to be accepted. 5,000 subscribers on YouTube or 5,000 followers on Twitch. If you have 3 subscribers (which has actually happened), filling out an application is not a productive use of your time. :)

Even so, we’ve gotten a strong response, and I anticipate having more participants than we had for the last event.

How long until all the original applicants hear back? The streamer I plan to watch on streamer weekend still hasn't heard back despite applying on day 1

I have really appreciated you guys' transparency with the FAQ and the explanations for everything. I think I'm low-key going to miss early access,  but I'm definitely looking forward to 1.0!  Y'all have really pimped my fun over the years!💕

I'm really not expecting to get picked although I have more than enough on YouTube but just shy on Twitch (I know only 1 matters) and honestly, I'm fine with that. 

It's 2 days so am I going to miss out? Not really and besides, having early access could cut into my weekend golf time.

I know I will still be live with the game come Monday so if I get it, great but if not... Meh

I am like a kid at Christmas filled with excitement! I qualified a few months, so this will be my first time taking part in this awesome event!!

I've even been checking the 'spam' section in my email just in case

I have question as I have never done one of these before. Do I have to live stream it or am I able to tape it 1st then release the video on the same weekend? Thank you for any answers I get 😊

21 hours ago, DarkShiva said:

I have question as I have never done one of these before. Do I have to live stream it or am I able to tape it 1st then release the video on the same weekend? Thank you for any answers I get 😊

You have to stream it since its a STREAMER weekend

4 hours ago, WazzupChatBan said:

You have to stream it since its a STREAMER weekend

Unless the rules have changed, that's not true. Last streamer weekend some youtubers recorded and released videos during the event, no live stream.

On 5/19/2024 at 6:24 AM, DarkShiva said:

Unless the rules have changed on this, you can do a recorded video of your gameplay during the weekend instead of a stream but you won't get access to the build any sooner to make your video before the weekend. That means depending on how long it takes you to get it done and posted people wouldn't see your video until later in the weekend than if you just stream it.

Thank you Seven, Roland and Khaine. I have never live streamed before so I wanted to record and I can get a video up in the same day of taping sometimes. Thank you guys for your input. Much appreciated!

You all that have and have not been approved, no matter what, have fun.

Us the usual players can`t wait to see you around the the streaming platforms, hours before the release. 

Best wishes and many screamers ! 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Roland said:

Unless the rules have changed on this, you can do a recorded video of your gameplay during the weekend instead of a stream but you won't get access to the build any sooner to make your video before the weekend. That means depending on how long it takes you to get it done and posted people wouldn't see your video until later in the weekend than if you just stream it.

Just confirming that the rules have not changed on this.

At the moment, I am caught up on the initial applications (Edit: except for Twitch partners short of 5,000 followers - still working on those cases). Everyone who met the 5,000 threshold on YouTube or Twitch should see an acceptance email now, with information on making their announcement video. If you applied but don’t have any email response, it should mean one of these things:

• You haven’t met the qualification of having 5,000 subscribers (YouTube) or 5,000 followers (Twitch). This is proving to be quite common - almost half of all applicants are rejected for this. Please do not apply if your numbers aren’t there. A few of you are very close, so hopefully you can reach this threshold while applications are still accepted.
  • You are on a platform other than YouTube or Twitch. We are currently reviewing applicants on other, less common platforms, so know that these applications are pending.
  • You applied in the last few minutes or after I’m posting this, and I haven’t seen your application yet.
  • You submitted an invalid email on your application.
  • Your email provider is not accepting emails from the gmail address I’m using.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

Just confirming that the rules have not changed on this.

At the moment, I am caught up on the initial applications. Everyone who met the 5,000 threshold on YouTube or Twitch should see an acceptance email now, with information on making their announcement video. If you applied but don’t have any email response, it should mean one of these things:

• You haven’t met the qualification of having 5,000 subscribers (YouTube) or 5,000 followers (Twitch). This is proving to be quite common - almost half of all applicants are rejected for this. Please do not apply if your numbers aren’t there. A few of you are very close, so hopefully you can reach this threshold while applications are still accepted.
  • You are on a platform other than YouTube or Twitch. We are currently reviewing applicants on other, less common platforms, so know that these applications are pending.
  • You applied in the last few minutes or after I’m posting this, and I haven’t seen your application yet.
  • You submitted an invalid email on your application.
  • Your email provider is not accepting emails from the gmail address I’m using.

I don't have the 5000, however, I got made twitch partner at 1650 followers back in February.
I grew my channel almost exclusively from 7 days to die.

You never mentioned partner status in this message, but I'm assuming partner status is still a qualifying exception?
(Just checked for an email and nothing yet)

13 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

I don't have the 5000, however, I got made twitch partner at 1650 followers back in February.
I grew my channel almost exclusively from 7 days to die.

You never mentioned partner status in this message, but I'm assuming partner status is still a qualifying exception?
(Just checked for an email and nothing yet)

Good catch! Emails have not gone out to Twitch partners that are short of 5,000 followers yet. I can get to these soon. :) Previous post updated.

Posted (edited)

I'm quite upset because I applied on the first day, have more than 5 k subscribers on my  youtube channel, have done the last streamers week end and no response yet ! Maybe I do it again, maybe I made a mistake when I wrote my email adress, I do not know. I will apply again to see .

I will send you a forum private message. - CC

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)