Water Jars / Bottles?

Posted (edited)

The short answer is that empty jars will not be brought back.  For the liberty answer and everyone's opinions, check out any of the many very large threads on the topic. 

Cans are also gone but no one mentions those.  You would think if the issue really was about realism that they'd complain about the cans that were also removed and plates and such that weren't there to begin with.

Jars and cans are gone just like every other empty container.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You would think if the issue really was about realism

Heh; I might be nitpicking, but assuming the request is formulated "properly" .. it's "please bring back the re use option". The only re-use for jars was "fill it with water", (filling it with gas wasn't a re-use as mollies didn't return the jar).

(As in, I think he's actually pining for the logical functionality of water purification, not the "jar simulation" itself. As am I, thus I want him done justice :) )

3 hours ago, theFlu said:

Heh; I might be nitpicking, but assuming the request is formulated "properly" .. it's "please bring back the re use option". The only re-use for jars was "fill it with water", (filling it with gas wasn't a re-use as mollies didn't return the jar).

(As in, I think he's actually pining for the logical functionality of water purification, not the "jar simulation" itself. As am I, thus I want him done justice :) )

Heh. Okay.  I guess I just always see realism as the reason as was used here, but for it to be realism, it should apply to everything and not just the one item that you used for water.  Considering they could easily have you fill up jars of water at a water source like you did before and still have empty jars gone from the game, it just seems like there isn't any reason to have jars but not care about anything else.  If the issue is getting water, that doesn't require enough jars to be a thing.

7 hours ago, theFlu said:

Welcome to the forum! I don't dare say more, but you'll prolly get a few "dead horse"s shortly... :)

Ask and you shall receive

image.gif.758235ad578c5c79a496fd828833fe22.gif

• 1 month later...

I've read some of the ideas on the jars but I don't agree with most. I love that they made jars non craft able  since they were broken and Made the survival aspect of finding water mundane. Vitamins lost their use unless you were a shamwitch eater. Golden rod tea as well.

I have some thoughts on the overhaul of jars that would probably make people happy along with the dew collectors "magically crafting jars" but I honestly don't know whether it's a good choice to drop it here incase of liability issues since I'm new to the forum so if the devs want to send a auto generated thought picker themselves I'd love to give them the idea because my love for this game runs deep been playing since 2017 and wish I had played earlier. That being said my thoughts on jars is to keep them in the non craft able zone. Dew collector does need a tweak for the magic jars. I have more input on the game but I don't want to Segway off the topic I put down for this. I honestly hope they don't add jars to craftables again.

The Dew collector has become one of the most important things you should make first. Once you get it fully modded it makes a lot of water very quickly. You don't have a need to make jars once it's cranking. 

32 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

The Dew collector has become one of the most important things you should make first. Once you get it fully modded it makes a lot of water very quickly. You don't have a need to make jars once it's cranking. 

There's still something that needs to be done about endgame water supply have a water pump or something and Industrial tear I don't care how expensive it is it could cost 1,000

1 hour ago, Nightwing said:

I've read some of the ideas on the jars but I don't agree with most. I love that they made jars non craft able  since they were broken and Made the survival aspect of finding water mundane. Vitamins lost their use unless you were a shamwitch eater. Golden rod tea as well.

I have some thoughts on the overhaul of jars that would probably make people happy along with the dew collectors "magically crafting jars" but I honestly don't know whether it's a good choice to drop it here incase of liability issues since I'm new to the forum so if the devs want to send a auto generated thought picker themselves I'd love to give them the idea because my love for this game runs deep been playing since 2017 and wish I had played earlier. That being said my thoughts on jars is to keep them in the non craft able zone. Dew collector does need a tweak for the magic jars. I have more input on the game but I don't want to Segway off the topic I put down for this. I honestly hope they don't add jars to craftables again.

There are no liability issues regarding ideas. So spill it. Flood this thread with your suggestion. Drench us in your wisdom.  Water you talking about? The door to my understanding stands ajar. I want to sea what you mean.

11 minutes ago, Roland said:

There are no liability issues regarding ideas.

Well, there's the risk of getting a short ban for necroing a thread from an old patch... 😛 

3 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Well, there's the risk of getting a short ban for necroing a thread from an old patch... 😛 

heh..sometimes I don't even notice. But at least the post from before his wasn't too long ago. I always read the "one month later" in the voice of the faux Jacque Cousteau from SpongeBob.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

heh..sometimes I don't even notice.

Oh, lol. It was a merge; as you posted, I assumed it was merged by you. I just found the target thread a little odd (one of the least interesting ones tbh) so I had to comment something :D

I never updated the thread. After reading the comments I went looting for supplies (some I already had) and made 3 collectors. That did a pretty good job keeping up if I ran by every time I entered or left the base to collect water. Once I started upgrading my character to not get thirsty as fast and got more supplies I worked up to 8 collectors and I have 2 boxes filled with water jars now. It was just jarring 😉 at first

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Oh, lol. It was a merge; as you posted, I assumed it was merged by you. I just found the target thread a little odd (one of the least interesting ones tbh) so I had to comment something :D

Not me. Some of us feel more passionately about merging than others. I'm one of the others...

Anyway, enough about moderating. I'm curious about this new idea that could end in litigation. It must be more amazing than any of the dozen or so YOU put forward. Don't get me wrong. You had some good ideas, but nothing I was going to take you to Judge Judy over.... ;)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Honestly have no clue about the whole dumping ideas on devs. But if a moderator says I'm good to go then let it flow.

My idea (not sure how viable on the programming side) would be to treat water jars as an item that either degrades with time or use making them go poof after the allotment is over like 1-3 uses of water you put in them since immersively speaking a glass jar would break over time with all the stuff we're making our characters do. Maybe adding a "water jar pouch" style bag under the armor that holds 3 jars giving you the option to carry golden rod, red tea and coffee or whatever else. Making jars a lil rarer maybe after this. But pls no craftable jars.... as for the dew collector I feel that it should require jars put into them to function pouring the water into the jars rather than just magically creating jars. A "water reservoir" in a later tier of dew collector would be pretty nice to so you have a ready batch of water. For the jars even just making them break after use or time (either 3 in game days or 3 crafted uses such as putting something to drink in them) would work but not sure how tough that would be to program into the game. This in my opinion would fix the whole issue of jars going poof after 1 use and the scarcity of jars even if the rarity was bumped a little since you could collect what you find with either lucky looter or in the vending machines and stack em in a box somewhere. At some point that box would be packed and there would be no need for crafting them but if you add crafting jars back there would be no worry at all to begin with about the water requirement at all.

14 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Honestly have no clue about the whole dumping ideas on devs. But if a moderator says I'm good to go then let it flow.

My idea (not sure how viable on the programming side) would be to treat water jars as an item that either degrades with time or use making them go poof after the allotment is over like 1-3 uses of water you put in them since immersively speaking a glass jar would break over time with all the stuff we're making our characters do. Maybe adding a "water jar pouch" style bag under the armor that holds 3 jars giving you the option to carry golden rod, red tea and coffee or whatever else. Making jars a lil rarer maybe after this. But pls no craftable jars.... as for the dew collector I feel that it should require jars put into them to function pouring the water into the jars rather than just magically creating jars. A "water reservoir" in a later tier of dew collector would be pretty nice to so you have a ready batch of water. For the jars even just making them break after use or time (either 3 in game days or 3 crafted uses such as putting something to drink in them) would work but not sure how tough that would be to program into the game. This in my opinion would fix the whole issue of jars going poof after 1 use and the scarcity of jars even if the rarity was bumped a little since you could collect what you find with either lucky looter or in the vending machines and stack em in a box somewhere. At some point that box would be packed and there would be no need for crafting them but if you add crafting jars back there would be no worry at all to begin with about the water requirement at all.

That all being said if the devs said no jars. Then no jars. The idea is out there now if a modder wants to pick it up or if the devs for some reason do bring back jars in the future.

Sorry for digging up the rotted horse to beat it again.

• 1 month later...

Fun Pimps! BRINGF US BACK OUR GLASS JARS!!! That change is horribly unpopular. It wastes too much time in the beginning not to have access to a simple resource like environmental water. We should at least have the option. Is there a petition yet? Give your loyal fans of the game what we want! Our water jars!

2 hours ago, SKYWALKER70707 said:

Fun Pimps! BRINGF US BACK OUR GLASS JARS!!! That change is horribly unpopular. It wastes too much time in the beginning not to have access to a simple resource like environmental water. We should at least have the option. Is there a petition yet? Give your loyal fans of the game what we want! Our water jars!

I'm a loyal fan and I don't want them back.  :)

In any case, they have made it clear jars aren't returning.  You can use a mod if you really want them.  That's really your only option besides just learning to use the dew collectors.