Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

Release the kraken!

1 minute ago, Infected226 said:

I'm getting a nitrado server set up so the buddies and I can play when the update goes live and it's asking me if it's going to be the experimental branch or just regular 7 days to die, which do I pick for the update?

Experimental, wont be stable till july or so

2 hours ago, GRITTY said:

I've watched quite a few streams and have yet to see anyone mining.  Do we know if the mining sounds, specifically metal on metal, have been updated?  Also, with all the new inventory sounds, is there an option to disable them?  As a person with sound sensitivity, I refuse to use any power tools due to the "ear assault" lol.  I would love options for quieter task related sounds if possible.

The stream I watched had a small amount of "mining", mostly just for quick rock and clay. The sounds seemed to be the same for both. I did notice the shovel has a different animation as well as the wrench, but from what I could tell, the tools made the same sounds against clay, rock and iron ore. Not sure on power tools?

2 hours ago, GRITTY said:

I've watched quite a few streams and have yet to see anyone mining.  Do we know if the mining sounds, specifically metal on metal, have been updated?  Also, with all the new inventory sounds, is there an option to disable them?  As a person with sound sensitivity, I refuse to use any power tools due to the "ear assault" lol.  I would love options for quieter task related sounds if possible.

Ive seen some mods that made tools quieter, post or search in the forums for them. 

31 minutes ago, wolverine576 said:

i do that too!

yep, i crouch also while mining.  i had someone from the 7 days discord make a mod for me a while ago that changed the current metal on metal sound to something similar to the stone ax on metal sound.  it made my mining SO much better...  i've asked countless people what they think the current metal on metal sound is even supposed to sound like and i've not found an accurate description of what the game is trying to mimic.   it sounds like some sort of strange plastic/metal abomination in my opinion LOL

1 minute ago, Nemodo said:

What time is the experimental going live?

not soon enough.  i've been refreshing all day.  with that being said, i think sometime after noon central time which is 1pm eastern 10am pacific. but, it will be there when it's ready 

2 minutes ago, GRITTY said:

i've asked countless people what they think the current metal on metal sound is even supposed to sound like and i've not found an accurate description of what the game is trying to mimic.   it sounds like some sort of strange plastic/metal abomination in my opinion LOL

I feel like they are just yanking our chains with that sound. It reminds me of the kind of sound that irritates people, like rubbing a balloon or nails on a chalkboard.

3 hours ago, GRITTY said:

In sneak mode every sound you make gets massively muffled, including your auger's. Maybe they did away with that for 1.0 but my bet is on they didn't.   

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Has time travel technology been invented yet?

Where's a TARDIS when you need one?

In that case, lets move forward to the completed code with more pois, bandits, and story mode. Then bring back the code to now, a few years ago, or whatever time that most computers can handle it with high graphics.

37 minutes ago, stretch611 said:

In that case, lets move forward to the completed code with more pois, bandits, and story mode. Then bring back the code to now, a few years ago, or whatever time that most computers can handle it with high graphics.

CRITICAL ERROR: TARGET DATE OUT OF RANGE  ;)