No Trader Playthrough

zombiehunter

3 hours ago, Rotor said:

One of these days I will get to a tier 5 PoI.  My goal is not to accomplish them, but to carve a trench around it am dynamite it to oblivion.

If that is possible.

Possible, yes, but you will think you have stopped time watching it collapse.  :p

I have been thinking of doing this as A21 is the most boring version of 7DTD I have played since its release. They have made farming, crafting irrelivant and many of the perk lines now make no real sense. level 60 you can now make level 4 bone knife 'whoo hoo' the learn by reading is garbage and the lighting even though it was supposed to be fixed in the stable release is definatly not sunrise 21.56 and pitch black at 10am.  The spawning is also a major point of my disgust at this version with zombies spawning out of thin air and pois you have to stand in the middle of a trap to get Zombies to spawn to complete clear missions  as least you can by pass this BS.

1 hour ago, Balthazod said:

I have been thinking of doing this as A21 is the most boring version of 7DTD I have played since its release. They have made farming, crafting irrelivant and many of the perk lines now make no real sense. level 60 you can now make level 4 bone knife 'whoo hoo' the learn by reading is garbage and the lighting even though it was supposed to be fixed in the stable release is definatly not sunrise 21.56 and pitch black at 10am.  The spawning is also a major point of my disgust at this version with zombies spawning out of thin air and pois you have to stand in the middle of a trap to get Zombies to spawn to complete clear missions  as least you can by pass this BS.

And what part of this rant has to do with no trader playthroughs?

6 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Heh, I think is one of those things when there is a  start with an idea, then start typing and rant mode is triggered before the initial thought is typed out.

Is almost an in-game "rage quit" but on the forums.

Quite entertaining at times.

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I'm pretty sure this part

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I have been thinking of doing this

On 12/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, zombiehunter said:

• I never had much money, so it was hard to buy out of vending machines.  I like to buy Jail Breakers and Rock Busters, but couldn't do it much in this playthrough.

That made me think... a no-trader option in Multiplayer settings that eliminates money and turns all the vending machines lootable through salvaging with tools for example would be nice. For me it makes sense and in long running dedicated server games people would need to find another form of currency like PoE.

On 1/4/2024 at 12:12 PM, Vampirenostra said:

@Vaeliorin @BFT2020 If you have the mod plz link me to it, would highly appreciate, or atleast point me to the file and tag for editing, I could not locate it myself

Give me a few days as I have to finish the localization updates and verify that I didn't miss anything.  Then I will post it in my mods thread and link you to it.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:53 PM, BFT2020 said:

Give me a few days as I have to finish the localization updates and verify that I didn't miss anything.  Then I will post it in my mods thread and link you to it.

Thanks to @Vaeliorin I do have the tier 6 craft, I also modded the tier 6 to have more modslots and my favorite update leveraction to also use .44 ammo 😁. Now thinking of adding a recipe for filter for water thingie and removing all tools/wepons from the loot.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:14 PM, vom said:

Playing without trader and dead is dead is the most enjoyable.

The people who grind trader missions aren't even playing the same game.

I do kinda feel that. Instead of building and raiding stores and building horde bases, rather you just be go on a fetch quest.  

Granted for renewable missions It's really hard if not impossible to make it "unque" games like skyrim. You get radiant quest like "go kill this bear and come back" 

I haven't done a "once dead you die" that's not my thing but I do appreciate seeing it.