Vehicles and Food/Water Consumption

zztong

@Roland IIRC, we once spoke about how driving a vehicle at higher speeds (shift key pressed) there was a higher consumption of food, or water, or something. I wanted to share that with some others, but I'm having trouble finding the conversation. There have been so many discussions of food, water, and vehicles that finding one where they're all together is a needle in a haystack.

Can you refresh my memory on how that works?

I do recall that conversation, though can't remember what thread it was in. My understanding was that only applied when running or riding a bike. Not sure it would affect all vehicles and I would venture to guess that the bike was the vehicle that he was referring to.

Could be wrong, though. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, zztong said:

@Roland IIRC, we once spoke about how driving a vehicle at higher speeds (shift key pressed) there was a higher consumption of food, or water, or something. I wanted to share that with some others, but I'm having trouble finding the conversation. There have been so many discussions of food, water, and vehicles that finding one where they're all together is a needle in a haystack.

Can you refresh my memory on how that works?

Here is a couple you could check out...

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/21096-increased-food-consumption-in-vehicles/

Here you go

Spoiler

<passive_effect name="WaterChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="@_vehicleFood" tags="driving"/>
        <passive_effect name="WaterLossPerStaminaPointGained" operation="base_set" value="0.00453"/> <!-- regening stamina costs you water -->

<!--<passive_effect name="HealthLossMaxMult" operation="base_set" value="0.15"/>--> <!-- taking damage blacks out part of the HP bar -->

<passive_effect name="FoodChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value=".00833"/> <!-- hunger base drain, 30/hour -->
        <passive_effect name="FoodChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="@_vehicleFood" tags="driving"/>

I think this applies when driving, not just high speeds

Edited by BFT2020
Oops, making it hidden erased the code (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Rotor said:

I have yet to find a web forum search tool that "works".

I had thought to only search Roland's posts, but didn't find that feature. I could get to Roland's posts in chronological order, but he has a great many posts. Once I read through what folks posted here, I realized I might have found it in my own message history. I didn't recall using any of the keywords.