A22 really add "new Stuff" instead of focus fixing existing "problems", especially like Lights and Farming?

fuba

Priority should be given to addressing the most essential features and fixes, rather than introducing "new elements" that end up being plagued by long-standing issues... again!

1.) Light and Light Sources Overhaul
First, it's imperative to FIX the Brightness issue/cheat! (which has been a long-standing problem for 8+ years now.)

This issue can and will be exploited for an unfair advantage.
For instance, the current Brightness settings render Night Vision Goggles, Weapon Lights, and Helmet Lights entirely ineffective up to completely useless.

Another concern is the way Light and Light Sources interacts with Solid Blocks...

Daylight can penetrate deep into caves, reaching depths of 30, 40 or even 100 blocks?!
Ideally, Daylight and other Light Sources should not even pass through ONE Solid Block!

2.) Revamping and Expanding Farming Mechanics
The current System of using Fist and/or Knife attacks to harvest plants is inefficient, slow, and just unsatisfying at all.
It's perplexing why there isn't a designated "Tool" for harvesting?!
Implementing such a tool shouldn't be that hard and complex task, especially considering the numerous Unity games that have already incorporated similar features.

Specifically, these two features are of paramount importance and have been recognized as long-standing known issues.
It is crucial that they are addressed BEFORE introducing new "potential" long-standing problems!

You don't think so?

16 minutes ago, fuba said:

The current System of using Fist and/or Knife attacks to harvest plants is inefficient, slow, and just unsatisfying at all.
It's perplexing why there isn't a designated "Tool" for harvesting?!

For potatoes it may be more realistic to use a shovel, but what kind of "harvesting tool" do you mean? I for myself would pickup corn, berries or mushroom with bare hands or a knife...

Why would they worry about fixing somewhat trivial things instead of getting the last of the needed additions into the game? Also, you want all the artists and everyone else that wouldn't be working on your proposed issues to just sit on their hands while the few programmers that would likely be working on your fixes? The stuff you are whining about is something more for the final polish/bugfix stage of the game, which they aren't quite to yet.

These are your critical issues?  There are far more important fixes needed, like the lost drone bug and the non-working buttons bug that I would certainly consider far more critical.  These suggestions are minor.  And there are plenty of dark areas in POI that need some kind of light to see, so just because lights are bright doesn't mean the light mods are useless.

It is almost like people are confused what alpha means.

Games in alpha are introducing new functionality, period.  It is not when you hunt down fixes if the game is operating or add polish.  When it comes to alpha games, this is by far the most polished I have ever played in alpha, the game is nearing completion after all.  The reality here is that you do not really want them addressing all the bugs and laying off adding new content as that would herald an end to getting new things.

Granted, the development here seems more beta at this point as most functionality is already complete but there are several entire systems that still need to be added like bandits.

I still maintain they can keep the game in alpha and ad more stuff without addressing any of the current bugs and I would be more than happy, the new content keeps me coming back and the game is more complete than several 'finished' titles I have played.  

The light issue is in almost every pvp survival game has it

Ark, rust, 7dtd, conan, dayz, hell even minecraft 

It's a hard issue to solve cuz if you disable it. Then people complain they can't see then you have it and people complain that it's unfair. 

I made peice with farming. If anything there needs to be better reasons to farm. Like crafted food gives more buffs! Like who's making corn bread? Didn't think so but imagine if it gave a small buff? Then people would uses it more 

I'm terms of new content. We are basically at the end.  Tho I would love stuff like 

Flamethrower, better melee animations, overlord armor, Swords, and more zombies 

I know most stuff we aren't getting