Game is trash

bookhunt

When the game was first released I could build lots of things and multiplayer was vibrant and fun.  Now I have to scavenge for books on how to plant a seed in the ground.

It's stupid how extremely grindy the game is now.

You really messed up this game Fun Pimps!!

Edited by meganoth
Language (see edit history)

On 10/26/2023 at 11:15 AM, bookhunt said:

When the game was first released I could build lots of things and multiplayer was vibrant and fun.  Now I have to scavenge for books on how to plant a seed in the ground.

It's stupid how extremely grindy the game is now.

You really messed up this game Fun Pimps!!

Roland is this your Alt account? Trying to start drama :)

9 hours ago, rateds2k said:

Roland is this your Alt account? Trying to start drama :)

No way! I've planted too many seeds without reading a single book to be able to start drama with THAT line. Here is my top ten list for Roland starting drama with an alt account:

10. Hello! Realism!! Why are the cars so disproportionally big?!?!?

9. Why could my ancient ancestors gather water from streams but I can't in the game?!?!!!

8. Unity? The devs should totally start all over with the Unreal engine!!!

7. How does water condensation and dripping create heat?!?!!!

6. Where are the skeletons?

5. Where are the newsstands? 

4. Is this a zombie apocalypse survival horror game or a post-apocalyptic madmax game?!??! Devs make up your minds!!!!!

3. This game has been in alpha for almost 15 years now?!?!! Devs are sus!!!!!!

2. This game used to be about crafting and building but now it is 100% looting and shooting! Devs lied...the game died!!!!!

1. Now they're putting out a new spin-off game while this one is still in development?!?!?!! This game will never be finished. Devs have moved on!!!!

Given the current feedback on the latest update on Steam from ppl who haven't been banned yet, I'd say OP isn't entirely wrong here. There's a lot of hate going on right now and I really don't think the devs should be ignoring them, not when there's this many of them. I myself hardly play this game anymore. I also feel like each update being released seems to feel worse in terms of fun factor and none of my friends and family bother to play anymore either.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Given the current feedback on the latest update on Steam

The latest reviews are considered "Very Positive" on Steam. Most of the negative reviews don't give any details on why they don't like it, or are fixated on it being in alpha, or are having technical issues. 

The game has more players on average each year.

It's number 26 right now on Steam. 26 out of 50,000+ games. 

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Arez said:

The latest reviews are considered "Very Positive" on Steam. Most of the negative reviews don't give any details on why they don't like it, or are fixated on it being in alpha, or are having technical issues. 

The game has more players on average each year.

It's number 26 right now on Steam. 26 out of 50,000+ games. 

Nice argument. Does those numbers show how many players are playing the latest version of the game? Does the numbers show how many are modding out the latest nonsense just to make the game enjoyable? I didn't say the game was unplayable or unenjoyable under the right conditions, I just said the hate comments are quite loud right now and shouldn't be ignored.

Also, if you think those numbers actually matter, then maybe consider comparing this game to a similar game called Minecraft and see where that gets you. It's also not difficult to be #26 when broken games like Starfield, Payday 3 and Cities Skylines 2 are releasing all the time now. Devs don't care anymore because ppl will throw money at them either way. It doesn't mean their game is any good though. So the player numbers are probably high because there's nothing else worth playing right now and at least some of the issues with this game can be fixed with mods unlike other games.

Also, the comments are pretty specific on why they're hating on the game right now. Devs wasting 3+ months on Twitch nonsense instead of fixing broken features in the game.

The fact that I'm not alone in noticing how the fps is unstable even on an RTX3080 / Ryzen 5600x / 32GB ram at 1080p when this game has been in development for 11+ years, I mean, are all the fanboys just blind? Also, 11 years in Alpha state is becoming ridiculous.

Also, how am I a minority in noticing how incredibly slow these devs are being at releasing more patches and updates? I think it should be pretty obvious that most of the dev team are working on a new project and not really focused on this game anymore. This game is only receiving new content once every 2 years (if you can even call it new content at this point).

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Fox said:

Nice argument. Does those numbers show how many players are playing the latest version of the game? Does the numbers show how many are modding out the latest nonsense just to make the game enjoyable? I didn't say the game was unplayable or unenjoyable under the right conditions, I just said the hate comments are quite loud right now and shouldn't be ignored.

Also, if you think those numbers actually matter, then maybe consider comparing this game to a similar game called Minecraft and see where that gets you. It's also not difficult to be #26 when broken games like Starfield, Payday 3 and Cities Skylines 2 are releasing all the time now. Devs don't care anymore because ppl will throw money at them either way. It doesn't mean their game is any good though. So the player numbers are probably high because there's nothing else worth playing right now and at least some of the issues with this game can be fixed with mods unlike other games.

Also, the comments are pretty specific on why they're hating on the game right now. Devs wasting 3+ months on Twitch nonsense instead of fixing broken features in the game.

The fact that I'm not alone in noticing how the fps is unstable even on an RTX3080 / Ryzen 5600x / 32GB ram at 1080p when this game has been in development for 11+ years, I mean, are all the fanboys just blind? Also, 11 years in Alpha state is becoming ridiculous.

Also, how am I a minority in noticing how incredibly slow these devs are being at releasing more patches and updates? I think it should be pretty obvious that most of the dev team are working on a new project and not really focused on this game anymore. This game is only receiving new content once every 2 years (if you can even call it new content at this point).

Lol…it’s a much greater stretch to try and say that the numbers don’t mean exactly what they indicate. It’s the sign of someone who dislikes the current game state hoping that the majority dislikes it too. You’re taking objectively impressive and good stats and trying to come up with reasons they don’t mean anything good. I don’t have to make up scenarios about what might be going on to make them good to say they are good. I just have to look at them and see what they say. 

It’s always good to take a look and consider where weakness should be improved but it’s another to spin great stats to be a negative. 

I think that it is much more likely that the majority of players actually do enjoy A21 and those who don’t are being very loud and repetitious but are actually the minority. That’s what the numbers mean if taken at face value and without adding any spicy speculations about what might really be going on….

6 hours ago, Fox said:

Also, if you think those numbers actually matter, then maybe consider comparing this game to a similar game called Minecraft and see where that gets you.

Ok, let's compare anything to the most successful game of all time. C'mon brother. You're say I have a "nice argument"?

6 hours ago, Fox said:

Also, 11 years in Alpha state is becoming ridiculous.

Alright, you wanna put some stuff into perspective? Red Dead Redemption 2, which was made by one of the biggest most successful game companies, with the most resources, took 8 years to make. Anthem, which was a colossal failure, made by a legendary dev team, backed by one of the biggest publishers, took 6 years to make. I think the small group at the Fun Pimps are doing pretty damn good, especially with the scope of this game.   

But that's not gonna mean much to you anyway. You won't be able to get over the fact that the jars are gone, you can't learn by doing anymore, etc, or that you're still seeing the "alpha" tag next to the name.