a21.1 b16... no news info??? its 9-8-23 01.58time...the 7days junkies WANT changes INFOS XD

7daysOfFun

On our server we have done lvl5 and even lvl6 quests and see no screamers. So there must be something very different between our and your game.

Maybe you should make a bug report and mention exactly the circumstances: which world you are on, location, important game settings (though that can be found in the logfile it is easier to assess if you tell them as well)

12 hours ago, meganoth said:

On our server we have done lvl5 and even lvl6 quests and see no screamers. So there must be something very different between our and your game.

Take an M60 with a drum magazine, fire two magazines in quick succession, and then look into the console to see if a screamer spawns. Most likely the answer is yes. If not, something is wrong with your game.

It's all about how much noise you make in a certain period of time. Don't rush the POI blasting guns, and you won't have a ton of screamers.

I get the feeling that people have always just run-and-gunned these POI's and because of the lack of zeds did not run into an issue. However now that there are more zeds, they are running into screamers only because they make a lot more noise.

It isn't a bug. It's the game client working as intended. Adjust your method for clearing the POI's if you don't want a bunch of screamers.

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Take an M60 with a drum magazine, fire two magazines in quick succession, and then look into the console to see if a screamer spawns. Most likely the answer is yes. If not, something is wrong with your game.

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen? One player in our group has an M60, but I would assume we still don't generate that much noise in our typical run as we don't see screamer waves when we exit such a quest POI

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession. And if it happens at higher difficulties then the screamers may just be part of the package. I.e. either find a way to kill the less dangerous enemies less noisy or accept you have to deal with screamers as well. And if it is not intentional (and it is very likely TFP did not test this) then relating this in your bug report would be a very reproducible example.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession.

A couple of the T6 infestations, that's just the entrance ... :)

Sure, if one actually aims, it isn't that bad, but if your hit rate is 20% - like half the youtubers - you can expect a screamer every pull :)

14 minutes ago, theFlu said:

A couple of the T6 infestations, that's just the entrance ... :)

Sure, if one actually aims, it isn't that bad, but if your hit rate is 20% - like half the youtubers - you can expect a screamer every pull :)

A good balance 😉

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen? One player in our group has an M60, but I would assume we still don't generate that much noise in our typical run as we don't see screamer waves when we exit such a quest POI

I play on warrior difficulty but that doesn't affect the heat.

Some T6 quests have very large groups of zombies. For example the County Jail, Navezgane Corrections and the Crack a Book HQ. There it is not unusual to unload 1-2 magazines with the M60 into a group of zombies. The Auto Shotgun is a bit more economical, but sooner or later a screamer will spawn there as well.

I think the difference is that you are not playing alone. A group can much easier cope with melee with all the zombies. This of course generates much less heat.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

10 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I don't think you need to fire two magazines to trigger screamers. Last night, T4 military base, last room (super tight corridor) had to rely on my M60 'cause 6 rad zombies running my way: it took 107 bullets to kill them and bum, screamer appears shortly after.

33 minutes ago, lord_ahriman said:

I don't think you need to fire two magazines to trigger screamers.

There is no real reason to guess, you can see the heat with along FPS in dm mode. (I'm thinking shift+f8, but I'm not sure of the keybind atm.)

23 minutes ago, theFlu said:

There is no real reason to guess, you can see the heat with along FPS in dm mode. (I'm thinking shift+f8, but I'm not sure of the keybind atm.)

I just did. Each shot from the M60 increases the heat by 0.9% and each bullet that hits a metal object adds another 0.2%.
This means it takes about 111 bullets for the heat to reach 100% and a screamer to spawn.

I had a screamer spawn on a T4 quest I did (one of the checkpoints, can't recall the exact name) without me firing a single bullet, just crossbow and melee.  No idea what caused it, and I've never seen it happen other than that one time.

Well, I did several years ago get many, many screamers when I wrenched literally everything in the Water Works.  Was bad enough that zombies were glitching through the ground and failing into the final room of the POI (no, they weren't digging, they were just falling through the ground because there were so many of them crammed in a small spot.)

15 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I had a screamer spawn on a T4 quest I did (one of the checkpoints, can't recall the exact name) without me firing a single bullet, just crossbow and melee.  No idea what caused it, and I've never seen it happen other than that one time.

Well, I did several years ago get many, many screamers when I wrenched literally everything in the Water Works.  Was bad enough that zombies were glitching through the ground and failing into the final room of the POI (no, they weren't digging, they were just falling through the ground because there were so many of them crammed in a small spot.)

Are you positive it was a "real" screamer?  Some POI have screamers in them as of A21.  These do not call reinforcements like a normal screamer.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

Are you positive it was a "real" screamer?  Some POI have screamers in them as of A21.  These do not call reinforcements like a normal screamer.

Yep.  It wasn't in the POI and summoned a bunch of ferals and rads that broke in towards the end of the POI.  Even called in another screamer.  I'd heard it earlier, and assumed I was hearing some kind of ambient audio, since I'd done nothing to summon a screamer, and it never saw me.

Wasn't a big deal in the end, but it sure as heck confused me.

15 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

Yep.  It wasn't in the POI and summoned a bunch of ferals and rads that broke in towards the end of the POI.  Even called in another screamer.  I'd heard it earlier, and assumed I was hearing some kind of ambient audio, since I'd done nothing to summon a screamer, and it never saw me.

Wasn't a big deal in the end, but it sure as heck confused me.

Hmmm.  Well, heat is generated in ways other than guns.  Jumping causes heat, for example.  And sometimes there is already heat because of the POI or nearby POI.  The trader, for example, generates a lot of heat.  POI often have torches or other things that generate heat. It is possible that you just managed to push the heat up high enough even without guns.