Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

13 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Your issue is likely a video setting; the game has a default video setting that lowers the texture quality when running out of vram (gpu memory).  Turn that off.  Both District Zero and the Portals use a lot of texture memory.

Play with both the Dynamic Resolution and Dynamic Mesh settings in the 7day video options.

Also, 100+ mods likely means even MORE resources used, so yes... it could very well be a combination of any of those things.

AMD Ryzen 5 
DDR4: 32GB
RTX 3060 Ti 
and please do not tell me nothing about settings the problem is that District Zero mod makes to much replace  for to many thing 
after remove District zero all is perfect no any issue with textures quality or something like that. portals works grate 

Pushed a theoretical fix for the vulture issue.  Please test test test and let me know.  They should only turn to burnt vultures IF THEY have a burning buff of them at death.  Thanks!

...easiest to test with the radiated vulture since they don't die as quickly when you set them on fire.

"Any1 know an easy way to disable ALL portals sounds? Its a permanent stone grinding an fire burning noise; even when I pause the game.

Thank you in advance."

plz help, once portals get active in-game they make a non stop noise that can be heard for like 50 blocks radius. its noisy even when I pause the game with ESC.
Only way to stop the noise it to exit the game and load back without going remotely close to portals.

1 minute ago, Yvels said:

"Any1 know an easy way to disable ALL portals sounds? Its a permanent stone grinding an fire burning noise; even when I pause the game.

Thank you in advance."

plz help, once portals get active in-game they make a non stop noise that can be heard for like 50 blocks radius. its noisy even when I pause the game with ESC.
Only way to stop the noise it to exit the game and load back without going remotely close to portals.

I'll knock the radius down to like 5 and do another update a little later today. 

Is it all of them or just certain ones?

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

image.thumb.png.c5a54e140c8b487fccded8b1866dbc5b.png

No texture issues.

yes they work and they are on location till you see them, if you go far that you will not see them back to location where you put them and like in my case they just gone and if you will look on console you will see an error with chunk. 
fully tested with fresh genarated map fresh start not used with existed save game.  (give youtube time to convert for better quality) LoL

Edited by 6ShadoW6 (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Can't reproduce your issue.  Given how your last issue was also not reproducable on my end, I'm going to say it again.

you showed only a screen shot with district zero and portal but im 100% sure you have same problem that the portal are vanish :D

if any one of you will proof me on video that district and portal works fine then respect guys.

but like for now none of you give me a reason that the portals are not gone and you dont have an issue after back to main menu and load game again. 
any way i feel like i waste of my time for that.

First, the screen shot was to show that there is no texture problem, and I have proven that.  Accept it or not, I do not care.

Second, I was able to find a reproduce for the portal error, and it has nothing to do with District Zero, and have passed it along to Sphereii since it's an issue with sCore.

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

Lemme know if this works for you,

@kageshiOP

Just updated with current version on git.

Same result with the fire chickens, regardless of how they are killed.

Also know...I will be slaughtering endless hordes of these things out of pure enjoyment for as long as I can. 

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

Sphereii updated sCore.  Update to solve issue.

yes i update and is really bad

any way there is no any other mod only Score District portal and custom particle and that all what is there in test 

its no matter guys i hop someone else have more luck.

image_2023-07-18_214554671.png

59 minutes ago, kageshiOP said:

Just updated with current version on git.

Same result with the fire chickens, regardless of how they are killed.

Also know...I will be slaughtering endless hordes of these things out of pure enjoyment for as long as I can. 

Huh.

Can you drag your buffs.xml here?

7 minutes ago, 6ShadoW6 said:

yes i update and is really bad

any way there is no any other mod only Score District portal and custom particle and that all what is there in test 

image_2023-07-18_214554671.png

New save game?

Hi Guppycur, 

Thanks for your portal mod. I have been trying to use it for a couple of weeks now. I have something happening that makes the portals inconvenient. I am playing with other mods, so I don't know if that's affecting it; I don't think so. 

I am playing on a dedicated server. The portals work fine after being placed and named. When I log in after the server restarts or if no one has been on for a few hours, the portals are not working. I usually log in where the first portal is. The first portal is still there and it is still named but it just says Not Connected. If I go to the chunk that has the second portal, suddenly it works fine again. This doesn't fix it for other people though. Each player has to go to the second portal and then it activates by getting close to it. This, unfortunately, makes the portals difficult to work with. Is this expected behaviour for a dedicated server? I am on the A21 version of both your mod and SCore, updated as of yesterday. 

Second question. When I look through the files for the portal mod, there are Magic Portal 1 and Magic Portal 2. Is there any issue with using these? I like how they look but don't want to use them if there's a problem. 

Third question. If a portal is on blocks (not dirt/ground) and I teleport to it, my character often falls below the portal and gets "stuck" under it or the surrounding blocks. I can get out eventually but I might need to navigate a little. This doesn't happen when the portal is on dirt or the ground. Is this normal? 

Fourth question. Is the keycard lootable only? I don't see a recipe for it. 

Thanks again. 

57 minutes ago, Meechakeecha said:

Hi Guppycur, 

Thanks for your portal mod. I have been trying to use it for a couple of weeks now. I have something happening that makes the portals inconvenient. I am playing with other mods, so I don't know if that's affecting it; I don't think so. 

I am playing on a dedicated server. The portals work fine after being placed and named. When I log in after the server restarts or if no one has been on for a few hours, the portals are not working. I usually log in where the first portal is. The first portal is still there and it is still named but it just says Not Connected. If I go to the chunk that has the second portal, suddenly it works fine again. This doesn't fix it for other people though. Each player has to go to the second portal and then it activates by getting close to it. This, unfortunately, makes the portals difficult to work with. Is this expected behaviour for a dedicated server? I am on the A21 version of both your mod and SCore, updated as of yesterday. 

Second question. When I look through the files for the portal mod, there are Magic Portal 1 and Magic Portal 2. Is there any issue with using these? I like how they look but don't want to use them if there's a problem. 

Third question. If a portal is on blocks (not dirt/ground) and I teleport to it, my character often falls below the portal and gets "stuck" under it or the surrounding blocks. I can get out eventually but I might need to navigate a little. This doesn't happen when the portal is on dirt or the ground. Is this normal? 

Fourth question. Is the keycard lootable only? I don't see a recipe for it. 

Thanks again. 

I'll do 2-4 because 1 is being researched.

2 - the available portals are for use and work fine, however each has a different XML set up to show the different connection methods.  As long as you set the XML how you want, all portals will work the same.

3 - I've heard that, but haven't experienced it myself.  I might see if sphereii can push the teleport spot like .5 forward.

4 - you will likely have to add them to loot or make a recipe, I don't recall doing either.  Remember, the mod is really for other modders to incorporate, I hadn't realized users would take the time to use them. :)

I've put in a request to sphereii for a spawnoffset XML property for #3.

Guppycur i make an test with some other portal unity3d and all works fine portals don't gone all of them on place so what I suspect the problem is with offset or with your  model I will try change offset and I will let you know.

@edit:

offset did not help but as till portal don't have <property name="Extends" value="portalMaster"/> all looks ok, i will investigate this.

On 7/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, Guppycur said:

I'll knock the radius down to like 5 and do another update a little later today. 

Is it all of them or just certain ones?

I think some of them do that. I tried only 2 of them; 1st is the grindy stone noise and second a fireplace noise.  Didnt look too much into it because it was driving me crazy; biggest issue is that once triggered those just wont shut up unless you exit game. even 5 its too much. making those permanently shut up would be the best outcome imo.