Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

10 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Thanks, I'll update the mod with this if you think it's a fair lock.

I went with machine gunning because I thought it made sense based on the passive effect I saw in the item file so if I was accurate in that assumption, absolutely!

The unlock level may be up to your discretion as I haven't used it yet, not certain if it's needed at machine guns level 11 😅

56 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

They're really not supposed to turn into burnt vultures unless they are on fire.

From my experience so far, every vulture turns into one of those when they die regardless of how. This includes the dev gun.

Have not tried command killing them now that I think of it but will let you know the outcome

Edited by kageshiOP (see edit history)

Teleport Portal Mod: All I could do is to place only 2 portals that work (both marked gupDestination01 by default.

guppyFuturePortal2 portal was hardcoded in blocks.xml

<block name="guppyFuturePortal2">
            <property name="Extends" value="portalMaster"/>
            <property name="DisplayType" value="blockMulti"/>
            <property name="MultiBlockDim" value="3,3,3"/>
            <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/gupFuturePortal2.unity3d?guppyFuturePortal2.prefab"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="guppyFuturePortal2" />
            <property name="Location" value="gupDestination01" />
            <property name="RequiredPower" value="0" />

All others are just showing Not Connected when placed. I have no option to Edit in-game (as shown in your video).

Update: I hardcoded all other portals <property name="Location" value="" /> to Jen, Rekt, Bob, Joel and Hugh so I can at least use those now.À
Awaiting update for Edit in-game. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Yvels said:

Teleport Portal Mod: All I could do is to place only 2 portals that work (both marked gupDestination01 by default.

guppyFuturePortal2 portal was hardcoded in blocks.xml

<block name="guppyFuturePortal2">
            <property name="Extends" value="portalMaster"/>
            <property name="DisplayType" value="blockMulti"/>
            <property name="MultiBlockDim" value="3,3,3"/>
            <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/gupFuturePortal2.unity3d?guppyFuturePortal2.prefab"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="guppyFuturePortal2" />
            <property name="RequiredPower" value="0" />

All others are just showing Not Connected when placed. I have no option to Edit in-game (as shown in your video).

Update: I hardcoded all other portals <property name="Location" value="" /> to Jen, Rekt, Bob, Joel and Hugh so I can at least use those now.À
Awaiting update for Edit in-game. Thank you.

FuturePortal2 comes preset to teleport you to a second FuturePortal2. This is based off the Location property as far as my limited knowledge has led me to believe.

As far as the ones that show Not Connected, their Location value is "" in the xml file
These portals connect based on their name and are an "A to B" connection; edit the name as you would a sign.

Note: One of the portals seems to require a power connection even though it's set to a zero requirement in the xml, I've not had enough time to do digging on the why but believe it was FuturePortal3

5 hours ago, Yvels said:

All others are just showing Not Connected

because they need be powered by battery bank or generator and need have same name.

hi Guppycur

I have a problem with portals 
on A21(b324) and they works, but the problem is when you quit to main menu and back (load game) they are gone after another one back to main menu and (load game) i start getting problem with loading region where portal was installed so one way to make that region works again need be removed from save and load game again.
error is with that region says on console incorrect header ble ble ble and witch one .7rg file.

And i suspect that portal won't work properly with District Zero mod

I did test only with SCore and portal and all looks fine no any issue so now i have no idea witch one mod that i have make the issue for portal 

add screen shot with errors

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by 6ShadoW6 (see edit history)

i got the potals to work by using the alpha 21 version link in SCore mod
[ 0 - SCore (Alpha 20 ) ]: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/SphereII-Mods/-/archive/master/SphereII-Mods-master.zip?path=0-SCore
[ 0 - SCore ( Alpha 21) ]: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/SphereII-Mods/-/archive/alpha21-experimental/SphereII-Mods-alpha21-experimental.zip?path=0-SCore

the link is in the ReadMe.md file in the SCore mod folder

1 hour ago, Dragoniaum said:

i got the potals to work by using the alpha 21 version link in SCore mod
[ 0 - SCore (Alpha 20 ) ]: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/SphereII-Mods/-/archive/master/SphereII-Mods-master.zip?path=0-SCore
[ 0 - SCore ( Alpha 21) ]: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/SphereII-Mods/-/archive/alpha21-experimental/SphereII-Mods-alpha21-experimental.zip?path=0-SCore

the link is in the ReadMe.md file in the SCore mod folder

did you test score and portals with District Zero mod?

I did that test and like I suspect District Zero or portals wont work together.

portals are fine till you don't use District Zero mod but lets take one more test and then I'll be sure 100% about that issue. (but i suspect that there is a problem with terrain

ok i make full test with all clean mod fresh start and all the time is same issue the portals are gone and after another one back to main menu and load the game the region where portals was installed have error "INCORRECT HEADER" 

so will be nice if this can be fixed that the portal mod will work with District Zero.

You'd have to get with zilox about that I'm afraid; he's the district zero modder. 

...but yes, each portal type represents a *sample* of each method to connect portals.  One even requires a keycard.  

The portal mod (like the fire mod) was designed to be used by modders in their mods, not for regular users per say unless they know how to mod enough to set them up how they want.  

Hi Guppycur.
I think you are only one pearson who can make bit different portals i mean what you will say if the portal will have option to select destynetion.

that you can use one portal for multiple location.

example you set one portal in the base 
another one in some trader
another one in some biome lets say desert
another one in snow biome

and from each of them you can teleport to each other location i was see something like that, that was made for Valheim

so if you can please make something like that this will be amaising.

About Zilox hymm i dont think he will fix this. but i dont think the problem what i suspect is with Legacy Distant Terrain - by sphereii

because as i see on error its have something with terrain i will try something else but I'm not sure that this will help some how.

no and even all block was deleted with portal :D 

so now I'm confuse what is wrong.

Guppycur how this is possible that i have a problem with this.

If i dont have installed District Zero the portals works fine when i install District zero i start getting problems 

and i make test with fresh map generated with District Zero and by RWG 

Any way portals works fine with and without District Zero the problem is that if i use District Zero the region where portals was put after exit from game this region have incorrect header and need be deleted 😕 so this make portal useless with District Zero 

so i have no idea where is the problem the problem is with generated map or with something else. any way will be nice if portals will works with District Zero.

so if any one of user can make same test as me we will have better picture of that.

any way i make test on A21(B324) i will make same test on older version like A.21(B317)

as all we know even A21(b323) is different than A21(B324) so if some one make some test on older version and the mod was made on specific version of the game.
i know i know what you will say o that they did not change that much but they change something that in new version of the game something not works like should work

example all vehicle now use one line for 
speed:

old code: taht was work fine till A21(b323)
<property name="motorTorqueMinQ" value="1500"/>
<property name="motorTorqueMaxQ" value="2000"/>

new code: in A21(b324)
<property name="motorTorque" value="8000, 5000"/>

so if some one want use all old vehicle in A21(b324) need put this 

<property name="motorTorque" value="8000, 5000"/>

instead this

<property name="motorTorqueMinQ" value="1500"/>
<property name="motorTorqueMaxQ" value="2000"/>
And one more thing: because only some part of code was updated so Guppycor please can you look at that.

Test made on A21(b324) with District Zero and after back to game portals are gone even when i generate new map with District zero the portal are vanish after go back to main menu and load game again after second back to main menu and load the game still same error with region where portal was put :D sucks.

Spoiler

Test on A21(b324) without District Zero :D and portals are on place

Spoiler

On 7/15/2023 at 9:33 AM, kageshiOP said:

From my experience so far, every vulture turns into one of those when they die regardless of how. This includes the dev gun.

Have not tried command killing them now that I think of it but will let you know the outcome

Had some free time 😅

6 hours ago, 6ShadoW6 said:

no issue. what are you kidding me?! killall vulture from console and they did not die in fire LoL this is not an issue LoL

one guy told me why we cant make tracker for NPC and bandits because some how all moddels just ignore NavObjeck 

Well yes, that is what we were testing for. As Gup said, they're really not supposed to turn unless they've been set on fire. Hence the testing to confirm.

Other than that (which I don't really mind and find quite hilarious), there doesn't appear to be anything making an issue.

@Guppycur @kageshiOP

now i know what make all this issue with portal and crap texture, the problem is District Zero mod after complete remove District Zero i dont have any issue with Portal and with texture all set to max and game run nice and smooth with 100+ mod :D

so guys please don't say any thing that this issue is with some other mod the problem is that the guy who made DZCore.dll have lots of bug, all what i was like in this mod was robots nothing more.

sory guys if any of you feel mad at me. :(

10 hours ago, 6ShadoW6 said:

@Guppycur @kageshiOP

now i know what make all this issue with portal and crap texture, the problem is District Zero mod after complete remove District Zero i dont have any issue with Portal and with texture all set to max and game run nice and smooth with 100+ mod :D

so guys please don't say any thing that this issue is with some other mod the problem is that the guy who made DZCore.dll have lots of bug, all what i was like in this mod was robots nothing more.

sory guys if any of you feel mad at me. :(

Your issue is likely a video setting; the game has a default video setting that lowers the texture quality when running out of vram (gpu memory).  Turn that off.  Both District Zero and the Portals use a lot of texture memory.

Play with both the Dynamic Resolution and Dynamic Mesh settings in the 7day video options.

Also, 100+ mods likely means even MORE resources used, so yes... it could very well be a combination of any of those things.

I will not attempt to troubleshoot any mod if it is used with ANY mod other than sCore or NPCmod.  That's not up to me to do!  It is the player's responsibility to troubleshoot when they mix mods, not mine.  If there are issues with the mod when run by itself (and score and npcmod) then I will take a look.

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)