Players with 10000+ Hours game time

1 hour ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

.....less demos though.

But I like my demos!  I'd actually like to have more of them as they are fun to blow up during horde night.  I always feel let down if I don't get to blow up at least 4-6 of them on horde night and would love to be able to blow up more.  RNG just doesn't seem to want to give me more.

17 hours ago, Riamus said:

But I like my demos!  I'd actually like to have more of them as they are fun to blow up during horde night.  I always feel let down if I don't get to blow up at least 4-6 of them on horde night and would love to be able to blow up more.  RNG just doesn't seem to want to give me more.

Should be easy to mod. The probability of a demolisher spawning just needs to be increased.

On 5/29/2023 at 10:14 PM, warmer said:

Caves;

falling through the roof of a cave ceiling running through the forest is one of the most intense moments I have had in 7D2D. They took out caves due to world gen time last I heard. Give us that want to wait a tick box

I believe they were removed due to chunk rendering time and multiple people traveling at top vehicle speeds. Even without caves they’ve throttled the top speeds of the vehicles to not outpace the terrain rendering and with the complexity of caves they’d have to slow things down even more. 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:14 PM, warmer said:

Fire/burnable wooden structures;

It just brings you into real world tactics/consequences/realism territory. I suppose this was removed because of frame drops and pvp abuse, but I go straight to cobble stone once I build a custom, so that is never an issue for me.

Fire burning blocks has never been part of the default game. You must be remembering a mod. It would be cool though. 

10 hours ago, Roland said:

I believe they were removed due to chunk rendering time and multiple people traveling at top vehicle speeds. Even without caves they’ve throttled the top speeds of the vehicles to not outpace the terrain rendering and with the complexity of caves they’d have to slow things down even more. 

That was at a time where occlusion of hidden blocks wasn't built into the game. Theoretically caves should not matter anymore to terrain rendering or at least not much.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Fire burning blocks has never been part of the default game. You must be remembering a mod. It would be cool though. 

There was a mod though I assume it cost a lot of FPS. As I am an enthusiastic POI-destroyer at times I would love to have burning blocks. Think of the wooden trap buildings you could build solely to burn them when lots of zombies are inside.

18 minutes ago, meganoth said:

There was a mod though I assume it cost a lot of FPS. As I am an enthusiastic POI-destroyer at times I would love to have burning blocks. Think of the wooden trap buildings you could build solely to burn them when lots of zombies are inside.

The Mod is from @Guppycur. JaWoodle used it in his last 3 series. It is a bit wonky in the sense that cop spit and explosives can also start a fire.

13 hours ago, meganoth said:

That was at a time where occlusion of hidden blocks wasn't built into the game. Theoretically caves should not matter anymore to terrain rendering or at least not much.

Considering what happens downtown when you get anywhere near the T5 towers, I do not think occlusion works as well as you want it to though I am not a programmer so I could be totally off here.  Seems that there are resources expended no matter what, just less with occlusion.

I would really like caves though.  No mans sky caves were fantastic.  Of course that may also have a lot to do with the complete lack of anything else in the game world for them to compete with...

12 hours ago, FA_Q2 said:

Considering what happens downtown when you get anywhere near the T5 towers, I do not think occlusion works as well as you want it to though I am not a programmer so I could be totally off here.  Seems that there are resources expended no matter what, just less with occlusion.

I would really like caves though.  No mans sky caves were fantastic.  Of course that may also have a lot to do with the complete lack of anything else in the game world for them to compete with...

That's more related to bullet proof glass and shadows than occlusion from what they've said about it.  I'm sure they know if the game's improvements over time would make caves possible or not.  :)

• 2 weeks later...