Those damn buzzards are following me AND

ElCabong

Wandering Buzzard Horde. Anywhere from 3 to 5. They generally leave you alone (if at full health), but do have a tendancy to dive bomb you if you happen to be up in elevation such as a roof. I've wasted so much ammo and arrows on them and will no doubt continue to waste more in the future..... 

On 10/29/2022 at 5:41 PM, ElCabong said:

Do you spend your spare time tearing teddy bears pieces?

Hopefully.

Teddy Bears are one of the scariest things ever...when running the teddy mod on your drone and you turn around quick in dim lighting..."BEARRRRRR:...oh wait...stupid drone...'  Even knowing my drone is pretty much right behind me I've had a change of pants moment...and more than once. 😕

Normally I don't mind them too much, but it is a pain when you get swarmed right after getting off your vehicle in the wastelands.  After spending a long time driving to a far off tier 5 and after dealing with the vulture swarm, it is a pain to have to start out infected, lacerated, concussed, and more.  And carrying meds for everything takes up too much space.

Well it could be a random spawn event which really doesn't care about the biome (I think) or you could be close to the desert, anyhow, if they attack a heavy well-timed hit with a decent sledgehammer should send em flying right back to whatever hell they came from.

7 hours ago, Maharin said:

I've seen circling swarms over half that where I live.  Lots of cows and other wildlife with plenty of open spaces.  It is kind of amazing how many of those things will swarm a dead cow.

Down deep they are amazing creatures that serve a vital purpose. Surface level I'd still rather eat glass (in game) than have to deal with a swarm of them like in the video. Lol

On 11/4/2022 at 9:55 AM, ElCabong said:

There's lots of buzzards here and they don't bother me because they leave me alone! They're huge birds. And they're smart.

They tend to form big swarms like that in the fall. They disperse in the spring and summer

Lol. You don't happen to have a cabin at Buzzard Roost in Indiana, do you? For those who can, give it a visit! 

Yeah the vultures can eat a 🍆

I'm playing at loot set to 25%, no loot respawn, 18 hour days, & pretty much everything else default. 

I was in need of feathers and prayed for a vulture to come along...well, I got my prayer answered & now I'm infected and have only found 3 jars of honey out of at least 30 stumps. I'm currently at 83% infected. 

Think my days are numbered....☠️

On 11/6/2022 at 12:42 AM, Melange said:

Lol. You don't happen to have a cabin at Buzzard Roost in Indiana, do you? For those who can, give it a visit! 

No. I worked at a place next to a very big city park and the area I worked in was fairly nice. It had a large central  park with a big pond and lots of trees surrounded by four 80 story towers.

Buzzards loved gliding on the wind blowing upwards off the towers. They liked congregating on the tower roofs and the parking garage. Must have been north of a thousand during the fall and winner.

Every now and then I'd see a big circle of them on the ground. Never did feel like finding out what they were interested in. Lol

7 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Yeah the vultures can eat a 🍆

I'm playing at loot set to 25%, no loot respawn, 18 hour days, & pretty much everything else default. 

I was in need of feathers and prayed for a vulture to come along...well, I got my prayer answered & now I'm infected and have only found 3 jars of honey out of at least 30 stumps. I'm currently at 83% infected. 

Think my days are numbered....☠️

Been there done that. I was at 93% when I looted an antibiotic