Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

so essentially, it's the paths that do not connect one town/city to another town/city. it's the paths that go off on their own, so it wouldn't include anything that spawns on the paths between towns/cities. Knowing that, may just do like 40,50. See how that looks.

I need to find how large a cell is. That'll really tell me about how many POIs I'd want spawned... lol, time to go forum/google searching. So the only thing I found was someone saying "cell size is '1800'", but I've no idea where that is in the .xml or what that means. Is it diameter, radius, square area?

line 6:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="10000" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla">

a cell is square 1800 X 1800 blocks

yes - wilderness is everything except towns,cities and rural villages (these are connected by asphalt-roads)

POI's that spawn in wilderness are connected to little gravel-paths. These gravelpaths are connected to asphalt-roads.

I know Tin made a rwgmixer tweek to get flatter land or more mountains. Also believe he made one with more cities and even big cities, but not sure if that one was his. Big cites one was amazing, could even have two en viewing distance of each other.

yes - thats right

here is where u can set these features:

flatten land/bigger mountains:

(line 1238 in CP31) <property name="scale" value="182"/> - just change 182 to another value

0 = totally flat / 255=very hilly

(line 1238 in CP31)

more cities/towns:

(line 7 in CP31) <cell_rule name="default" prob="10"/> - just change the prob to a higher value

bigger cities/towns:

(e.g. lines 217-220 in CP31)

<hub_rule name="cityLarge">

<hub_type value="city"/>

<width value="800, 1200" />

<height value="800, 1200" />

just increase the value's for width and height

(first number is MINIMUM - 2nd number is MAXIMUM blocks)

Adding CP to a mod?

@ Magoli

In Tin's thread for his rwgmixer mod,

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?67996-A16-(stable)-rwgmixer-re-done-top-to-bottom!-(refined)

before he got ok from you to add CP he said to just "copy/paste the prefab folder and all the poi list into the rwgmixer.xml".

I am interested in trying,

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93339-Seymour-Gutz-XML-mods-better-RWG-bigger-cities-more-zombies-safer-bases-more

will same thing work?

@Wolffblood

According to Tin you need flatter land to so there is more room to add more and bigger cities.

So, I dropped the scale of mountains to 100, changed the random wilderness to 30,40. And well, right when I loaded in, I saw this:

Wulftown.jpg.f7348080b2523a32069b0610ba2377e3.jpg

The land next to it was relatively flat:

NextToWulftown.jpg.dba73218e5307adb4b78b4bddfc104d3.jpg

...did some digging, realized it was to be Wulftown, but cut in half. So I'm guessing this is in 2 chunks. If so, was the 2nd one not dropped in because it wasn't flat enough? Too close to another POI because of me doubling the amount of POIs in a wilderness cell? Just unlucky? Lol, I'm just curious since I've never seen that before since I've never actually had these extra POIs before.

So, I dropped the scale of mountains to 100, changed the random wilderness to 30,40. And well, right when I loaded in, I saw this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25326[/ATTACH]

The land next to it was relatively flat:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25327[/ATTACH]

...did some digging, realized it was to be Wulftown, but cut in half. So I'm guessing this is in 2 chunks. If so, was the 2nd one not dropped in because it wasn't flat enough? Too close to another POI because of me doubling the amount of POIs in a wilderness cell? Just unlucky? Lol, I'm just curious since I've never seen that before since I've never actually had these extra POIs before.

ya - i also noticed wulftown didn't spawn correctly sometimes (it is sometimes cut off in half - a complete part is missing)

idk for sure y this is so:

maybe because of its rectangular shape (and size)

maybe there is a strange unallowed block,meta or rotation somewhere - i will check this soon

maybe its because its between 2 chunks like u said

maybe its just a bug in the rwg-generation-engine that makes this Issue (would be no miracle for me !!)

i noticed also persian mansion sometimes has this Issue.

Its also big - its also very rectangular.

This is the Reason y i deactivated owl's airport - they also were rectangular and very long

my guess: Its the engine that still have problem with big and non-sqaure prefabs

@ Magoli

In Tin's thread for his rwgmixer mod,

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?67996-A16-(stable)-rwgmixer-re-done-top-to-bottom!-(refined)

before he got ok from you to add CP he said to just "copy/paste the prefab folder and all the poi list into the rwgmixer.xml".

I am interested in trying,

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93339-Seymour-Gutz-XML-mods-better-RWG-bigger-cities-more-zombies-safer-bases-more

will same thing work?

@Wolffblood

According to Tin you need flatter land to so there is more room to add more and bigger cities.

sry - havent tried both of the mods

but its not a simple copy/paste all prefabs into the mixer.xml

I will take a look into these mods maybe tonight after work

cya

ya - i also noticed wulftown didn't spawn correctly sometimes (it is sometimes cut off in half - a complete part is missing)

idk for sure y this is so:

maybe because of its rectangular shape (and size)

maybe there is a strange unallowed block,meta or rotation somewhere - i will check this soon

maybe its because its between 2 chunks like u said

maybe its just a bug in the rwg-generation-engine that makes this Issue (would be no miracle for me !!)

i noticed also persian mansion sometimes has this Issue.

Its also big - its also very rectangular.

This is the Reason y i deactivated owl's airport - they also were rectangular and very long

my guess: Its the engine that still have problem with big and non-sqaure prefabs

Ah, okay. That makes me feel better knowing I can still keep my random amounts for now. I know on another forum, a guy was making a POI and he had this issue because it had to be 2 chunks for it to load correctly. By keeping it 1 chunk, it never would load in because no matter where you were, the whole POI was never in the range to load it out of the "background". So he had to make it into 2 pieces. It worked from there, though it is also so big, that it doesn't work with the rwgmixer and had to place it in once he creates his server for his friends.

Thanks

sry - havent tried both of the mods

but its not a simple copy/paste all prefabs into the mixer.xml

I will take a look into these mods maybe tonight after work

cya

First link is for Tin's mod and has CP28. If I install it again before A17 no biggy if not new CP version. Hopefully not much longer for A17.

Second link for Seymour's mod, and is what I would like to try with CP. Left post in his thread to see if he would look into getting approval to add CP to his mod.

Ah, okay. That makes me feel better knowing I can still keep my random amounts for now. I know on another forum, a guy was making a POI and he had this issue because it had to be 2 chunks for it to load correctly. By keeping it 1 chunk, it never would load in because no matter where you were, the whole POI was never in the range to load it out of the "background". So he had to make it into 2 pieces. It worked from there, though it is also so big, that it doesn't work with the rwgmixer and had to place it in once he creates his server for his friends.

splitting a prefab and let appear the 2 pieces controlled next to each other is not possible in A16 IMO

@Dethar:

iam about looking into the 2 mods u mentioned

splitting a prefab and let appear the 2 pieces controlled next to each other is not possible in A16 IMO

@Dethar:

iam about looking into the 2 mods u mentioned

i believe he built it in a way that it was all one, then split it, so they were together. to place it, he has to spawn them in while in-game. It was the guy in the dev forum that built the aircraft carrier.

i believe he built it in a way that it was all one, then split it, so they were together. to place it, he has to spawn them in while in-game. It was the guy in the dev forum that built the aircraft carrier.

yepp - this is possible - ofc we can import and export prefabs severally

but iam always talking about the presetting verison ;)

i mean via rwgmixer.xml

and there it won't work

;)

yepp - this is possible - ofc we can import and export prefabs severally

but iam always talking about the presetting verison ;)

i mean via rwgmixer.xml

and there it won't work

;)

right right. that's why I was thinking that could have been the issue for the couple in the pack that are split. maybe they're supposed to be 2 prefabs having issues or something, dunno since I don't know anything beyond that, lol.

There is a few prefabs that are not in the prefab folder or rgmixer, but pictures is showed in the screenshot folder. Is it possible to have the prefabs. There is the list;

xcostum_basketball_arena(by_LowfDog)

xcostum_Citymix_01(grtown-strclub-burnth-h-gar)

xcostum_Citymix_02(gunst_sm-kuldlargeh-bunk)

xcostum_Citymix_03(wareh-pistol-moes-bunker2)

xcostum_Citymix_04(firedep-bookstore_sm_01)

xcostum_Citymix_05(niceh-businesstanh-garage)

xcostum_Citymix_06(simpsonh-gravey-brickh-camp-gar)

xcostum_Citymix_07(guildh-restaurant-firest-xxxclub)

xcostum_Citymix_08(myh-crema-gupchurch-farmsh1)

xcostum_Citymix_09(grocery_sm-barn01-medclinic_sm)

xcostum_Citymix_11(mpwaste08-mpwaste04grey)

xcostum_Citymix_12(businessbrick_r7_t4_t2_r2_r4)

xcostum_Citymix_13(CarDealer-Pawnshop-storagesm-gar)

xcostum_Citymix_14(BowseShop-hse-gar-Cantine-Bunker)

xcostum_Citymix_15(GasSt-buisnessHse-BunkerTop-Bench)

xcostum_Coronado_cornfield_crash(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_cornfield_missle_silo(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_farm_lake(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_farmedField(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_House(by_ShoNuff)

xcostum_Hospital(by_Limodor)

xcostum_house1(by_Curbolt)

xcostum_PeerCafe(by_Stallionsden)

xcostum_ShoppingCenterMall(by_Warsaken)

xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)

xcostum_ThemePark(by_stallionsden)

xcostum_TWDprison(by_LazMan)

Hey Magoli, did you know your shooting range was not actually a shooting range? :D

LOL

What a swagger !?!

funny how he is telling his body why he all built this :)

(and he is totally frightened and amazed from this place LOL)

But sadly both of them didnt realized the real function of this POI

actuall this is a real working Shootingrange. If u shoot the hay-blocks in the bottomsection the zombies will fall down and walk straight towards u.

Thats the moment for having a little shootingrange-action.

Sadly it just work once, except the admin refills it with new zombies ;)

This was a nice and extremly unique project. Its still in the COMPOPACK (but bedrock was replaced by common stone now)

So its not unbreakable anymore.

but tbh I really dont know if the shootingrange-function still works in A16.

anyway a sweet exciting place :)

There is a few prefabs that are not in the prefab folder or rgmixer, but pictures is showed in the screenshot folder. Is it possible to have the prefabs. There is the list;

xcostum_basketball_arena(by_LowfDog)

xcostum_Citymix_01(grtown-strclub-burnth-h-gar)

xcostum_Citymix_02(gunst_sm-kuldlargeh-bunk)

xcostum_Citymix_03(wareh-pistol-moes-bunker2)

xcostum_Citymix_04(firedep-bookstore_sm_01)

xcostum_Citymix_05(niceh-businesstanh-garage)

xcostum_Citymix_06(simpsonh-gravey-brickh-camp-gar)

xcostum_Citymix_07(guildh-restaurant-firest-xxxclub)

xcostum_Citymix_08(myh-crema-gupchurch-farmsh1)

xcostum_Citymix_09(grocery_sm-barn01-medclinic_sm)

xcostum_Citymix_11(mpwaste08-mpwaste04grey)

xcostum_Citymix_12(businessbrick_r7_t4_t2_r2_r4)

xcostum_Citymix_13(CarDealer-Pawnshop-storagesm-gar)

xcostum_Citymix_14(BowseShop-hse-gar-Cantine-Bunker)

xcostum_Citymix_15(GasSt-buisnessHse-BunkerTop-Bench)

xcostum_Coronado_cornfield_crash(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_cornfield_missle_silo(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_farm_lake(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_farmedField(by_Slaan)

xcostum_Coronado_House(by_ShoNuff)

xcostum_Hospital(by_Limodor)

xcostum_house1(by_Curbolt)

xcostum_PeerCafe(by_Stallionsden)

xcostum_ShoppingCenterMall(by_Warsaken)

xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)

xcostum_ThemePark(by_stallionsden)

xcostum_TWDprison(by_LazMan)

dear citizens, we all have met here together to remind of a tragedy that is still deeply anchored in our hearts.

Iam talking about all the missing unique and wonderful Custom-prefabs

These prefabs sadly didn't survived the hard fight from A15 to A16

Let us remind of them in love in a quite minute .....

They had a rich and fulfilled life being part of a ramdomly choosen world they were made for

Some of them we knew since they just were some little Alpha8-babies

They grew up and again and again they made their difficult way from Alpha to Alpha

Finally on their ways they were honorable and court members of their society and had thousands of fans and friends

But where is life there also is death - only the great originators decides what becomes true

to be survived by their Creators Stallionsden, Slaan, Lazman, Warsaken, Limodur and their stepfather Magoli

Let us cross our hands and pray for their souls to be free

Amen

dear citizens, we all have met here together to remind of a tragedy that is still deeply anchored in our hearts.

Iam talking about all the missing unique and wonderful Custom-prefabs

These prefabs sadly didn't survived the hard fight from A15 to A16

Let us remind of them in love in a quite minute .....

They had a rich and fulfilled life being part of a ramdomly choosen world they were made for

Some of them we knew since they just were some little Alpha8-babies

They grew up and again and again they made their difficult way from Alpha to Alpha

Finally on their ways they were honorable and court members of their society and had thousands of fans and friends

But where is life there also is death - only the great originators decides what becomes true

to be survived by their Creators Stallionsden, Slaan, Lazman, Warsaken, Limodur and their stepfather Magoli

Let us cross our hands and pray for their souls to be free

Amen

LOL. So others prefabs could be saved but not those, thats sad for those who put lots hours building these nice prefabs.

I think the walking dead prison of what I saw earlier had an update for it.

Oh well.

actuall this is a real working Shootingrange. If u shoot the hay-blocks in the bottomsection the zombies will fall down and walk straight towards u.

Thats the moment for having a little shootingrange-action.

Sadly it just work once, except the admin refills it with new zombies ;)

This was a nice and extremly unique project. Its still in the COMPOPACK (but bedrock was replaced by common stone now)

So its not unbreakable anymore.

but tbh I really dont know if the shootingrange-function still works in A16.

anyway a sweet exciting place :)

That's epic. Did not figure that out as well. I think with the sleepers it's probably kinda half-working, I distinctly remember some of them not being spawned in the boxes but down in the range part.

I'll have a look, if I stumble across it..

LOL. So others prefabs could be saved but not those, thats sad for those who put lots hours building these nice prefabs.

I think the walking dead prison of what I saw earlier had an update for it.

Oh well.

ok - lets get serious:

there are different Reasons why some of the prefabs are missing:

"to big" - group:

prefabs like TWD-prison, Limodurhospital or basketball-Arena have sizes far over 100 blocks per side

The only working way to let them appear safely was in custom Hubs

but in A16 custom-hubs dont work anymore

I have tried to let them spawn in cities/towns, but they are simply to big to get choosen from the engine.

And if so the whole city/town - structure was destroyed and it simply looked aweful,

because there was no other prefab anymore and the prefabs looked like glitched into the landscape

next Issue is that very big prefabs have a tendency to not spawning fully.

Most times big-POI's are spawning cutoff in half or just simply didn't spawn at all.

"no need to have them anymore"- group:

All the citymix and citycombo prefabs were made exclusivly for spawning in cities.

They were prefab-bundles made from existing single prefabs.

They were made for using the space in a 45by45 cityblock perfectly.

Now with the new A16-socketsystem it would look very displaced having 4 prefabs meming as One.

(I miss the old city-block-Layouts so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But most of the prefabs from this bundles are still here for spawning singly.

"other Reasons" - group:

some of the prefabs are out for several reasons:

e.g. to much/less Lootcontainers/Interior/decoration , to many blocks are broken or missing and so on

@Magoli I just did another episode of my CP31 tour:

[video=youtube_share;W_sVWqAT_jY]

This one is quite a bit longer and explores more POIs. The entire last half of the video is dedicated to exploring The Village. As suggested, I grabbed a mining helmet to help with lighting this time.

@Magoli I just did another episode of my CP31 tour:

[video=youtube_share;W_sVWqAT_jY]

This one is quite a bit longer and explores more POIs. The entire last half of the video is dedicated to exploring The Village. As suggested, I grabbed a mining helmet to help with lighting this time.

very cool - thx

i really enjoyed watching

The village is like a bad dream in the underground-basements :)

(esp. in these dark black areas)

reminds me of the drugtrips in farcry (bossfight Vaas) ;)

this is Stallionsdens masterpiece IMO

iam looking forward for the next vid bro

Archived