Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Just got the news that a17 is out on Monday, so likely the next CompoPack video I do will be CP 32. Just don't have time for another one before a17 is out, unfortunately. See you then, and I hope the conversions aren't too painful.

i don't trust this till i got it in my own bare hands ;)

maybe it's just another waitingstrategy from them LOL

anyway good luck - have fun man

Server?

@Magoli I just did another episode of my CP31 tour:

[video=youtube_share;W_sVWqAT_jY]

This one is quite a bit longer and explores more POIs. The entire last half of the video is dedicated to exploring The Village. As suggested, I grabbed a mining helmet to help with lighting this time.

What server are you playing on? I've been wanting to come back and check stuff out but I want to be on a server running the Prefab.

thanks in advance

What server are you playing on? I've been wanting to come back and check stuff out but I want to be on a server running the Prefab.

thanks in advance

This is on my single player game. My server is still running CP 30. I had done a reset only a few days before CP 31 came out and I didn't want to start a revolt by resetting again a week later. A lot of these POIs are also in CP 30, so you can check out my server if you'd like to get an idea of what there is

IP 172.96.164.194

Port 27132

Good news! According to the patch notes, a17 comes with a prefab converter for carrying over all of the a16 prefabs. Making CP 32 shouldn't be as much of a daunting task as I had thought

yeah - it seems so

i have watched the pocketNinja-stream with MM and a bunch of other streamers and yt'ers

the game looks and feels very good now (what i can say so far from far away)

also positive:

- confirmed A16-A17 converter-function

- confirmed POI-editor with IMPORT and EXPORT functions

- all the new vehicles looks great (i saw the bike, minibike, motorcycle, 4x4-jeep, gyro and there is also a RAFT in the chest now lol)

- AI is impressive now

- game has become much much more harder, esp in early game (a real challenge even for the professional players) - nice !!!

- now it seems its all about surviving, instead of 'just' fighting zombies (but u will still have to fight zeds, because they specially come for u ;) )

- performance looked almost stable and well (<< for experimental state !!!)

one negative point:

I saw sleeper's popping up near the player - that should be avoided (its already reported to the devs)

overall iam very hyped now and can't wait to get in my hands

no concern anymore - Its still the 7dtd I love

P.S.

a little bit more LOOT would be fine - half of the LOOTCONTAINERS are already pre-looted (=empty),

and the rest is spawning just weak stuff.

Also Zombie-Loot-drops could be a increased a littlebit more

But this problem becomes solved automaticly when i got the custom-POI's in the world, because most times they have got more LOOTCONTAINERS than the Vanilla Ones

Yeah, in converting the prefabs from the Compo-pack, I found a few where there was a missing block ID. Probably from an older version.

INF Creating block mapping for xcostum_Chernobyl(by Maz_Burt)2018-11-17T19:27:51 114.548 ERR Creating block mapping for prefab failed: Block 1170 used in prefab not found in loaded XMLs.

INF Creating block mapping for xcostum_ResidentEvilMansion(by_magoli)

2018-11-17T19:27:53 116.150 ERR Creating block mapping for prefab failed: Block 904 used in prefab not found in loaded XMLs.

INF Creating block mapping for xcostum_Utility_Combo(by_LuckyStar)

2018-11-17T19:27:54 117.069 ERR Creating block mapping for prefab failed: Block 1170 used in prefab not found in loaded XMLs.

There could be a few in the default POI's that were re-done in the pack, but I haven't successfully run it on those yet.

Luckily, it's easy to just add block data for those ID numbers to the conversion tool and make them match an already existing block.

I was even able to do it with new/modded a16 blocks, as long as I re-created the modded blocks in a17.

Yeah, in converting the prefabs from the Compo-pack, I found a few where there was a missing block ID. Probably from an older version.

INF Creating block mapping for xcostum_Chernobyl(by Maz_Burt)2018-11-17T19:27:51 114.548 ERR Creating block mapping for prefab failed: Block 1170 used in prefab not found in loaded XMLs.

INF Creating block mapping for xcostum_ResidentEvilMansion(by_magoli)

2018-11-17T19:27:53 116.150 ERR Creating block mapping for prefab failed: Block 904 used in prefab not found in loaded XMLs.

INF Creating block mapping for xcostum_Utility_Combo(by_LuckyStar)

2018-11-17T19:27:54 117.069 ERR Creating block mapping for prefab failed: Block 1170 used in prefab not found in loaded XMLs.

There could be a few in the default POI's that were re-done in the pack, but I haven't successfully run it on those yet.

Luckily, it's easy to just add block data for those ID numbers to the conversion tool and make them match an already existing block.

I was even able to do it with new/modded a16 blocks, as long as I re-created the modded blocks in a17.

thx for the info - i will check these prefabs/blocks out right now

from where is this conversion-log ??? do u already have A17 ???

ok - checked it:

since CP30 this shouldn't be:

I noticed these blocks in the CP30-ChangeLog:

CHANGELOG CP30:

- changed block904(empty) to 0 (in all prefabs)

- changed block1171(empty) to 631(WoodenDoor) (in all prefabs)

- changed block1172(empty) to 642(reinforcedWoodenDoor) (in all prefabs)

- changed block1170(empty) to 643(MetalReinforcedDoor) (in all prefabs)

Maybe there went something wrong during the block-Replace-process in the Replacementsprocess.

(I used Pille's editor / BlockReplacer / advanced / to all prefabs in the folder)

just for info:

block 1170 was a door in A15 - maybe its the error with earlier doors which consisted of 2 parts (upper/lower block)

block 904 i can't remember - but all 904-blocks should be air since CP30

couldn't find these corrupt blocks in these 3 prefabs yet

but thx for the info here - will have that in mind when these prefabs make trouble

ahh - one moment:

are u talking about the prefabs from CP30 or do u mean prefabs from older CP-Releases ??

because Utlility-Combo isn't in pack anymore since CP27

@Magoli I just did another episode of my CP31 tour:

[video=youtube_share;W_sVWqAT_jY]

This one is quite a bit longer and explores more POIs. The entire last half of the video is dedicated to exploring The Village. As suggested, I grabbed a mining helmet to help with lighting this time.

Ohhh I loved the video. Thanks for showing it.

You find the hidden rooms in the lab offices or.

You started shooting where the entrances were lol.

ok - checked it:

since CP30 this shouldn't be:

I noticed these blocks in the CP30-ChangeLog:

CHANGELOG CP30:

- changed block904(empty) to 0 (in all prefabs)

- changed block1171(empty) to 631(WoodenDoor) (in all prefabs)

- changed block1172(empty) to 642(reinforcedWoodenDoor) (in all prefabs)

- changed block1170(empty) to 643(MetalReinforcedDoor) (in all prefabs)

Maybe there went something wrong during the block-Replace-process in the Replacementsprocess.

(I used Pille's editor / BlockReplacer / advanced / to all prefabs in the folder)

just for info:

block 1170 was a door in A15 - maybe its the error with earlier doors which consisted of 2 parts (upper/lower block)

block 904 i can't remember - but all 904-blocks should be air since CP30

couldn't find these corrupt blocks in these 3 prefabs yet

but thx for the info here - will have that in mind when these prefabs make trouble

ahh - one moment:

are u talking about the prefabs from CP30 or do u mean prefabs from older CP-Releases ??

because Utlility-Combo isn't in pack anymore since CP27

Sorry for the late reply. I was doing the conversion from the latest pack I thought. I suppose it's possible I have some prefabs from earlier builds if they got removed in a later one.

Sorry for the late reply. I was doing the conversion from the latest pack I thought. I suppose it's possible I have some prefabs from earlier builds if they got removed in a later one.

no problem

I thought so u had some stuff from older Releases

so there's no Questions anymore i guess

thx for the reply - have fun

@all:

Iam about to get the prefabs from A16toA17

thx to the genious ingame POI-Converter-Command it was very easy to make them A17-POI's

just 2 prefabs had RedMessages - and the rest is spawning pretty well

But a number of POI's have now some signmark-blocks

have to go through all prefabs to find them all and then change them

Don't...

Start a new pack, prefabbers will be plentiful now. The ones in the pack are very dated. =)

Yeah, I was working on updating my Asian temple during a16 and got sidetracked with work stuff. Finishing it up and then converting will make it way better. (Mainly because the blocks were all cobblestone/flagstone from before we could paint things.)

Don't...

Start a new pack, prefabbers will be plentiful now. The ones in the pack are very dated. =)

thx for the ignition charge ;)

In one point u maybe right: Some of them indeed very outdated

but my goal is the same since i started this pack - i want to get all of them to see the gold

my plan is also still the same. As i mentioned earlier times i will update them with new

textures,deco,lightning,(traps,electricity) and stuff WHEN there is NO big Changes on blocks and Prefab-Stuff anymore.

till that point i simply try to hold the prefab's origin-condition as good as possible

My further plan is to pick up prefab for prefab during A17 to add all the nice new blocks, add some apocalyptic style to them, do some paintings and stuff

but first of all they have to arrive A17 without missing stuff etc...

for who is interrested:

here is my work-in-progress-Report for today:

- have found the 2 missing blocks in A16 that caused RedMessages during conversation (fixed now)

- have found and identified a dozen of blocks that dont work in A17 - also wrote a changetable for them

right now i work on the block-converting-table:

so i have to verify the A16/A17 blocks.xml's and have to notice any single block-change.

than I have to do following changes:

- setting all cars one block to the back in all prefabs

- reducing amount of Sleepers in all of the prefabs dramaticly / removing a bunch of Sleeper-Volumes

- adding Random-Helper-Systems to Lootcontainers, Trees, Paintings

- change yucca to snowberry in all prefabs

- check and synchronize all the prefabs xml's

- add prefabs to the mixer

- Release CP32

before converting I have to do some preparations in A16 (reset all rotations from all sqaure-blocks and soils)

i hope the block-replacement works how i think it works - otherwise i would have to find another Method to Replace the wrong blocks.

I read something about modifying the PrefabConverter by adding blocks to the A17 blocks.xml - but not sure - havent tried this yet

stay tuned for more information tomorrow

Imo the converter has issues that cannot be fixed by editing the blocksA16PrefabConversion.xml, fyi... I get 'Block blabla used in prefab at x / z / y has no mapping' even if there is a valid mapping.

which block-ID ?

the RedMsg u r talking about also have a blockID in it

I have to make some tests first tomorrow

Tonight i verify the block.xml's to get a complete list what have to be changed.

@guppy:

yes i know - but myabe no, because there are still ID's I saw in the cheatchest

thx for the ignition charge ;)

In one point u maybe right: Some of them indeed very outdated

but my goal is the same since i started this pack - i want to get all of them to see the gold

my plan is also still the same. As i mentioned earlier times i will update them with new

textures,deco,lightning,(traps,electricity) and stuff WHEN there is NO big Changes on blocks and Prefab-Stuff anymore.

till that point i simply try to hold the prefab's origin-condition as good as possible

My further plan is to pick up prefab for prefab during A17 to add all the nice new blocks, add some apocalyptic style to them, do some paintings and stuff

but first of all they have to arrive A17 without missing stuff etc...

for who is interrested:

here is my work-in-progress-Report for today:

- have found the 2 missing blocks in A16 that caused RedMessages during conversation (fixed now)

- have found and identified a dozen of blocks that dont work in A17 - also wrote a changetable for them

right now i work on the block-converting-table:

so i have to verify the A16/A17 blocks.xml's and have to notice any single block-change.

than I have to do following changes:

- setting all cars one block to the back in all prefabs

- reducing amount of Sleepers in all of the prefabs dramaticly / removing a bunch of Sleeper-Volumes

- adding Random-Helper-Systems to Lootcontainers, Trees, Paintings

- change yucca to snowberry in all prefabs

- check and synchronize all the prefabs xml's

- add prefabs to the mixer

- Release CP32

before converting I have to do some preparations in A16 (reset all rotations from all sqaure-blocks and soils)

i hope the block-replacement works how i think it works - otherwise i would have to find another Method to Replace the wrong blocks.

I read something about modifying the PrefabConverter by adding blocks to the A17 blocks.xml - but not sure - havent tried this yet

stay tuned for more information tomorrow

Awesome! Keep up the good work! I never run a server without this pack installed. Can't wait to see the new one for A17. :)

hi folks

iam working hard on the first A17-COMPOPACK version

alot of blocks and textures had to be changed

iam still not fully finished with the work but all the hard stuff is done already

here is a little sneakypeeky how it looks from above:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/939460803458471590/FC72A6758A711A187BEBC915C84C6B6549702B6D/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/939460803458444297/40F92A55BE91E1205EBE45C52D0EF7919CA759FF/

just one single workingstep ahead on the todolist atm !

when everything goes well then maybe i can Release the new COMPOPACK32 this weekend !?!?!

hi folks

iam working hard on the first A17-COMPOPACK version

alot of blocks and textures had to be changed

iam still not fully finished with the work but all the hard stuff is done already

here is a little sneakypeeky how it looks from above:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/939460803458471590/FC72A6758A711A187BEBC915C84C6B6549702B6D/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/939460803458444297/40F92A55BE91E1205EBE45C52D0EF7919CA759FF/

just one single workingstep ahead on the todolist atm !

when everything goes well then maybe i can Release the new COMPOPACK32 this weekend !?!?!

Nice! there is way too many of these dungeon POI's, they get old quick.. This will help make Random Gen Great again!

hi guys

all works on the todolist are done but during the tests i noticed there is no Sleeperspawning in the customprefabs anymore - damnit

and the worst thing is:

i don't know how to fix it yet

it has something to do with the Sleeper-Volumes i guess, because Sleepers are there in ingame-POI-editor

this means no CP-Release till this is fixed

i have tried to add the new Commands to the prefab's xml-files - but no success

Pille's editor doesn't support SleeperVolumes yet - maybe this is the problem, but i don't think so, because the Sleeper-entries in the prefab's xml-files are still there.

Maybe the way how volumes are written has changed ???

I have to do some tests with Sleeper-Volumes with ingame-POI-editor

any ideas guys ??

Archived