Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Awesome, thanks!

Edit:

Can you please turn off the TopSoilDecorations for the gallery prefab? They were intendedly set to false...:

<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False"/>

Edit 2:

Oh and CopyAirBlocks should be True:

<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True"/>

UPDATETIME:

COMPOPACK_31(for_alpha16.4) is out now !!!

to download it go to the OP

or download it HERE directly

this update contains 20 new prefabs and a bunch of fixes - mostly cosmetical work on the prefab's interior

have fun

Mag

Grabsch ,meins.

Grab it, thx.

UPDATETIME:

COMPOPACK_31(for_alpha16.4) is out now !!!

to download it go to the OP

or download it HERE directly

this update contains 20 new prefabs and a bunch of fixes - mostly cosmetical work on the prefab's interior

have fun

Mag

Nice! I will give it a try later today. It's nice to see that you're still supporting your mod even though you're not too happy about the new direction the game is going.

thank u very much

I really love it

I really appreciate someone is caring about the pack

From where have u got the prefab-names ???

I downloaded the screenshots of the prefabs from the original post. Some are slightly outdated, but I also have a copy of Hal's editor, so I can load them up and look at them if I'm not sure.

I downloaded the screenshots of the prefabs from the original post. Some are slightly outdated, but I also have a copy of Hal's editor, so I can load them up and look at them if I'm not sure.

updating the prefabs-screenshots is also on my todolist (2019 /A17 ;) )

Hope you didn't start yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ax634cufxeqqp1n/AAAHO8b2s0oYz0nQ0XRY1K-Ka?dl=0

Not the best graphics settings, but I think that's all of them.

This pack is an awesome collection and I hope it keeps on growing! :]

WOW - this is amazing - thanx very much

all prefabs have screenshots now - very good - thx again for your work

Hey Magoli, I love this pack. Is the RGWMIXER.xml basically vanilla with extra prefabs or did you edit it at all?

Its a complete new rwg-mixer-structure since CP30 !

(Before CP30 the A16-CP-versions had a vanilla-rwgmixer with the custom-prefabs just added to it)

I completly removed the vanilla-"sorting_by_Zones"-structure from the rwgmixer in CP30

and made a new sorting-system based on the prefab-types (like it was before A16)

the new structure allows me to have more control about the spawn.

And allows also a better variety between town and town.

And also more town- and citytypes are easy to implement now.

^^sounds nice theoreticaly - but don't expect wonders:

The A16-randomworld-generating-algorythm and world-spawningrule-system often doesn't do what is written in the mixer !!! (bug/bad coding).

anyway:

The CP-rwg-world-variety is way more better like vanilla with way more POI's - so Iam OK how it looks right now ;)

Hey guys, im quite new to this. So i Manged to install the Mods i need and added the Compo Pack. So mods and stuff all running fine, but the prefabs dont load ingame. I can however see the prefabs in Random Gen Preview with the same Seed name.

Any suggestions?!

Hey guys, im quite new to this. So i Manged to install the Mods i need and added the Compo Pack. So mods and stuff all running fine, but the prefabs dont load ingame. I can however see the prefabs in Random Gen Preview with the same Seed name.

Any suggestions?!

when u see the custom-prefabs in previewer than everything should be installed right !!!

the previewer distinguishes from the real world-spawning - so maybe u just had bad luck and just crossed over the vanilla Ones.

continue searching and u will find also custom-POI's

If not:

have u installed other mods ??

keep in mind that the CP also needs the CP-rwgmixer.xml to work probably !!!

I am looking at adding this to a server my friends and I play on. Now I understand that doing this will require server restart, fine enough. Thing is, we play Navezgane because of the small size. I just recently looked at how to make rwg smaller to be able to add this pack. However, by doing this, I'm guessing that I would lose a lot of these prefabs in the sense of not seeing them.

Mainly, we didn't like rwg maps because many times there just seemed to be too many and too large of blank (no houses, POIs, etc) areas, so it bored us, a lot. So is there a way to make the generator be a bit more populated? I would keep it the normal size if it didn't feel so sparse. Or is there a reason not so much is loaded in? Then again, sounds like what I want would take too long to typically play until the new update once it makes it an actual file like Navezgane (A17).

I am looking at adding this to a server my friends and I play on. Now I understand that doing this will require server restart, fine enough. Thing is, we play Navezgane because of the small size. I just recently looked at how to make rwg smaller to be able to add this pack. However, by doing this, I'm guessing that I would lose a lot of these prefabs in the sense of not seeing them.

Mainly, we didn't like rwg maps because many times there just seemed to be too many and too large of blank (no houses, POIs, etc) areas, so it bored us, a lot. So is there a way to make the generator be a bit more populated? I would keep it the normal size if it didn't feel so sparse. Or is there a reason not so much is loaded in? Then again, sounds like what I want would take too long to typically play until the new update once it makes it an actual file like Navezgane (A17).

u can change the map-size in rwgmixer.xml here (line 6):

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="10000" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla">

just change the generation_distance value from 10000 to whatever

u can increase the amount of wilderness-POI's here (line 248):

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="15,20">

just change the value for minimum and maximum amount

(1st number is min-amount , 2nd number is max amount)

IMO there is no way to increase the amount of towns/cities

with CP added there are about 400 prefabs available in a rwg-world that normaly spawn about 300 prefabs !

In a smaller world there will be less prefabs to spawn - but there are still 400 prefabs available !!!

So the chance to miss some prefabs is already given - in a smaller world ofc the chance to see all prefabs is also shrinking potentialy.

But thats not the important part - because IMO its all about variety !!!

With CP installed u will always have a much better variety than vanilla - no matter if the world is big or not !!!

u can change the map-size in rwgmixer.xml here (line 6):

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="10000" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla">

just change the generation_distance value from 10000 to whatever

u can increase the amount of wilderness-POI's here (line 248):

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="15,20">

just change the value for minimum and maximum amount

(1st number is min-amount , 2nd number is max amount)

IMO there is no way to increase the amount of towns/cities

with CP added there are about 400 prefabs available in a rwg-world that normaly spawn about 300 prefabs !

In a smaller world there will be less prefabs to spawn - but there are still 400 prefabs available !!!

So the chance to miss some prefabs is already given - in a smaller world ofc the chance to see all prefabs is also shrinking potentialy.

But thats not the important part - because IMO its all about variety !!!

With CP installed u will always have a much better variety than vanilla - no matter if the world is big or not !!!

I could see dropping the world size, increase the amount in wilderness. Is there a limit for the min? Reason I ask, if say I did 100 for min, would it be like perpetual POIs everywhere? Guess I also need to know what exactly wilderness means for the .xml

I could see dropping the world size, increase the amount in wilderness. Is there a limit for the min? Reason I ask, if say I did 100 for min, would it be like perpetual POIs everywhere? Guess I also need to know what exactly wilderness means for the .xml

idk - u have to try - i never had experience with such crazy settings ;)

15,20 is just the value /per cell !!!

I cant imagine having 100 POI's per cell - maybe it becomes a POIwood - maybe they wont spawn probably - i really haven't tried that yet

idk if there is a min-limit

wilderness = the POI's where a gravel-path is guiding to them (not town , not city , not rural)

idk - u have to try - i never had experience with such crazy settings ;)

15,20 is just the value /per cell !!!

I cant imagine having 100 POI's per cell - maybe it becomes a POIwood - maybe they wont spawn probably - i really haven't tried that yet

idk if there is a min-limit

wilderness = the POI's where a gravel-path is guiding to them (not town , not city , not rural)

so essentially, it's the paths that do not connect one town/city to another town/city. it's the paths that go off on their own, so it wouldn't include anything that spawns on the paths between towns/cities. Knowing that, may just do like 40,50. See how that looks.

I need to find how large a cell is. That'll really tell me about how many POIs I'd want spawned... lol, time to go forum/google searching. So the only thing I found was someone saying "cell size is '1800'", but I've no idea where that is in the .xml or what that means. Is it diameter, radius, square area?

More cities

so essentially, it's the paths that do not connect one town/city to another town/city. it's the paths that go off on their own, so it wouldn't include anything that spawns on the paths between towns/cities. Knowing that, may just do like 40,50. See how that looks.

I need to find how large a cell is. That'll really tell me about how many POIs I'd want spawned... lol, time to go forum/google searching. So the only thing I found was someone saying "cell size is '1800'", but I've no idea where that is in the .xml or what that means. Is it diameter, radius, square area?

I know Tin made a rwgmixer tweek to get flatter land or more mountains. Also believe he made one with more cities and even big cities, but not sure if that one was his. Big cites one was amazing, could even have two en viewing distance of each other.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived