Dear god let me turn off lightning effects in this game!

Alice

5 minutes ago, Necrozis said:

you want to complain about lighting?  how about the server browser? 

"Hey, I can't play the game without risking seizures, could someone help me do something about this.."

"Dude, come on, I have to click the mouse at least THREE extra times to get into a game, ohmygodwhyhaven'tyoufixedmyproblemalready"

Well, lil Nekky, your problem may need a different fix...

1 hour ago, Necrozis said:

you want to complain about lighting?  how about the server browser?  everyone complaining about this must be playing single player or something.  the server browser is the real issue right now

Epileptics everywhere will want to kiss your feet when they realize that flashing lights were never the problem doctors have been saying they are for the past few decades of video games. 

It was always server browsers or playing single player all along. Pffft…neurologists….bunch of quacks compared to you. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

ok well fix this, and fix that too. 

one is an issue to a small percentage of a population ( ok fix it because its a medical thing) the other effects everyone and i have yet to know anyone other than likely a chinese server owner that likes it

2 hours ago, Necrozis said:

one is an issue to a small percentage of a population ( ok fix it because its a medical thing) the other effects everyone and i have yet to know anyone other than likely a chinese server owner that likes it

There are already threads about the server issue.  Why you felt the need to come in this thread and crap on others for their serious issue is a mystery to me.

And I thought TheFlu was being evil; at least he was obviously joking.

4 hours ago, Necrozis said:

The issue is that you came to this thread about a different topic and essentially whined "your problem means nothing because this other problem is totally the worst and the only thing the Pimps should be working on".  Welcome to the forums Mr. Dale Carnegie.

11 hours ago, Necrozis said:

Dude, the OP created this thread to ask others for help about a severe medical issue and you decided to use it as an opportunity to share your grief about a far significantly less issue instead of actually trying to help the person(s).  How do you not see how selfish this line of thinking is?

Issues that strongly effect those with a neurological disorder, and may even prevent them from even playing the game altogether>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any issue you or anyone else may without have with the game and it's not even close.  

I hope the long string of lines are clear to you about how much more important one issue is to the other.  I have problems that I wish they would fix too, but I wouldn't be upset one bit if they chose to spend more time adding an option for those suffering with epilepsy than fixing my very own relatively small issues. And I DEFIANTLY wouldn't ever use a thread like this to vent either.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:48 PM, Necrozis said:

the other effects everyone

How does this effect everyone, please explain this to me. Because personally I have not experienced any problems with server browser. So please enlighten me on how it "EFFECTS EVERYONE"??

• 1 month later...

can you mod the game please so it affects the lightning and not the rain because my partner has the same issue and also has epilepsy but she needs the rain to grow the crops in the game so no rain is great if it gets rid of the lightning but it also removes an integral mechanic of the game which is  important to survival

Look forward to hearing from you guys in the near future many thanks and any help is appreciated

Kind regards 

Peter 

8 hours ago, peter38 said:

can you mod the game please so it affects the lightning and not the rain because my partner has the same issue and also has epilepsy but she needs the rain to grow the crops in the game so no rain is great if it gets rid of the lightning but it also removes an integral mechanic of the game which is  important to survival

Look forward to hearing from you guys in the near future many thanks and any help is appreciated

Kind regards 

Peter 

Can you explain why she needs the rain? Crops grow automatically after some time, there is no need for rain at all

24 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

When the poster mentioned rain for crops, was thinking mod.  Of course, it could be a misunderstanding or strictly for RP purposes also.

I know the possibilities, but I want him to collapse the wavefunction of his Schroedinger cat. Why should I have to write all possible replies ? 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

I know the possibilities, but I want him to collapse the wavefunction of his Schroedinger cat. Why should I have to write all possible replies ? 😉

Blah, now you are just being lazy.  Of course, you need to list all the possible replies and come up with all the possible solutions.  Isn't that part of the job description for a Moderator?  😉

All kidding aside, I did try something out to see if it would work.  I changed the possibility of storm happening to 0 and changed rain to 100% (I made my game as dreary as possible to see what effects the rain weather has).  Unfortunately, rain still has the occasional lightening effect in the sky, but not as adverse as the stormy weather.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, meganoth said:

Can you explain why she needs the rain? Crops grow automatically after some time, there is no need for rain at all

sorry my bad for not making that clear we are playing modded 7 days in particular “darkness falls” and it says you need a rain catcher to make crops grow in that modded version of 7 days sorry about the shroedinger cat 😂

Hope this helps a bit

7 hours ago, meganoth said:

40 minutes ago, peter38 said:

sorry my bad for not making that clear we are playing modded 7 days in particular “darkness falls” and it says you need a rain catcher to make crops grow in that modded version of 7 days sorry about the shroedinger cat 😂

Hope this helps a bit

Maybe the mod does not simulate the catching of rain? Just like the animal snares do not really catch rabbits running around but are filled after a random time.

I also asked someone who already used them and he thinks as well that it is faked.

Worst case you would need to ask Khaine which line to change so the mod assumes it always rains or doesn't need rain catchers for growing anymore.

2 hours ago, peter38 said:

Hope this helps a bit

This is old information, but I think the rain catcher spawns water, it doesn't collect it from rainstorms.  So you should be able to use my modlet to remove the rain effects without affecting farming.