Obtaining anvils/anvil schematic at lootstage 290+

POCKET951

I'm just wondering where I can obtain anvils besides traders? Mail boxes? Book stores? Tier 1 and 2 trader quest?

I wonder if respeccing and looking through lower levels of the trader secret shop will increase my odds of finding these things?

every trader and there mother has crucibles for sale, rarely bellows and almost never anvils

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

I'm just wondering where I can obtain anvils besides traders? Mail boxes? Book stores? Tier 1 and 2 trader quest?

I wonder if respeccing and looking through lower levels of the trader secret shop will increase my odds of finding these things?

every trader and there mother has crucibles for sale, rarely bellows and almost never anvils

Working stiffs and forges for anvils, any source for schematics for the schematic.  Anvil schematics are probT1 so you won't find it through loot if you are at lootstage 290+ (ProbT1 is capped at stage 130  - prob = 0 - based on the config files I got on my work computer today.  Haven't checked the latest version to see if that has been adjusted (Alpha 20.1 stable right now, probably the first one released)

All traders have a chance for anvils and bellows (you have been just unlucky) .  Bob has a higher chance of more tools than the other traders.  The group for tools in the traders has 13 items, but anvils are one of the 10 items with the highest chance of obtaining (default probability of 1).

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Working stiffs and forges for anvils, any source for schematics for the schematic.  Anvil schematics are probT1 so you won't find it through loot if you are at lootstage 290+ (ProbT1 is capped at stage 130  - prob = 0 - based on the config files I got on my work computer today.  Haven't checked the latest version to see if that has been adjusted (Alpha 20.1 stable right now, probably the first one released)

All traders have a chance for anvils and bellows (you have been just unlucky) .  Bob has a higher chance of more tools than the other traders.  The group for tools in the traders has 13 items, but anvils are one of the 10 items with the highest chance of obtaining (default probability of 1).

I did get a hunting knife schematic out of a tier 5 poi loot chest, if that is ProbT1 then theoretically I can get anvil schematics in T5 hardened chest at the end of PoI's?

ProbT1 still goes to zero from lootstage 130 on (A20.3):

<loot level="125" prob="0.11"/>
<loot level="126" prob="0.09"/>
<loot level="127" prob="0.07"/>
<loot level="128" prob="0.04"/>
<loot level="129" prob="0.02"/>
<loot level="130,999999" prob="0"/>

They did add a "ProbT2 Cap" table for some T2 items which will then remain available late game. But nothing for T1.

I have a little modlet which puts a tiny chance back into the tables for late-game lootstages. Boid's A20 Loot Tier Fix. You may want to adjust the T1 probability in that mod, if you want a stronger chance. It's enough to keep T1 in the mix, but it will still be dwarfed by T3 stuff.

49 minutes ago, Boidster said:

I have a little modlet which puts a tiny chance back into the tables for late-game lootstages. Boid's A20 Loot Tier Fix. You may want to adjust the T1 probability in that mod, if you want a stronger chance. It's enough to keep T1 in the mix, but it will still be dwarfed by T3 stuff.

I went a slightly different route (but I am still playtesting as I get time to make additional changes to my mod) - Since I removed the books from loot (they are now challenges to complete), that removed I think around 133 items in the booksAllScaled loot group that might be picked if the game rolls that loot group to pick from.  I am still working on unique loot groups for the schematics to start pushing them to specific loot containers so that is also affecting the chances.

I like your modlet if you are only making slight changes, to the game and would probably use it if I wasn't doing my own mod now.

There is only one trader bob in the pregen 8k 😭

oh well. I grabbed some concrete cubes,food,water, some writeable storage boxes and I know where I am camping out/ making my new satellite base for the next few weeks in 7 days. 

Hello Trader bob you have a new neighbour.

I also checked all 12 other traders last trade cycle and found 0 anvils. forget all them, bob is my new best friend now.

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I like your modlet if you are only making slight changes, to the game and would probably use it if I wasn't doing my own mod now.

Nearly all of my modlets are brute-force, slapdash, band-aid-and-bailing-wire "fixes" to things. Careful design and balancing? Ain't nobody got time for that! :D

I actually am about 95% done with a Loot Logger mod, which is a Harmony DLL patch-type mod. I'm a C# n00b but my 7D2D co-op partner is a senior .NET dev and he is sick and tired of me asking him s**t. With help from SphereII and others' examples, I muddled through.

A sample of what it spits into the log:

Spoiler

=== SPAWN LOG for container 'junk' opened by 'boidster' with loot abundance=1
Container has Lootstage Mod=0 & Bonus=0
--- NOTES ---
NProb = net probability (item prob / total of non-force item probs)
CProb = cumulative probability of all non-force items: RNG <= Cprob means 'HIT' - item will be selected for looting
Count = 'All' means all items will be selected, but 'Force' items will still get an independent RNG check first: RNG <= forced prob=HIT

============================================================
LOOTSTAGE-BASED PROBABILITY LOOKUPS USED FOR THIS CONTAINER
(If Prob=0.00, your Lootstage is not high enough for that tier of loot)
------------------------------------------------------------
Template            | Lootstage | Prob
--------------------------------------
medLow              |     1     | 0.35
med                 |     1     | 0.50
veryLow             |     1     | 0.05
low                 |     1     | 0.20

==================================================================================================
Spawn Event 0 (type=Spawn)
Spawn from <lootcontainer>=junk; group below will be checked 2 times (range was 1-2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ITEM or GROUP       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
groupJunk
  ==================================================================================================
  Spawn Event 1 (type=SpawnFromList)
  Spawning 2 times from the list below; total non-force Prob=1.00 (denominator for NProb calc)
  ITEM or GROUP       |     Templ     | Force | Prob | NProb | CProb | RNG Checks Hit/Miss          
  groupJunk           |               |  No   | 1.00 | 1.00  | 1.00  | #1(0.74); #2(0.74); 
    Spawn Event 2 (type=SpawnFromGroup)
    Spawning 1 time from group 'groupJunk' - see following log entries for RNG results
      Spawn Event 3 (type=SpawnFromList)
      Spawning ALL items from groupJunk; total non-force Prob=1.00 (denominator for NProb calc)
      ITEM or GROUP       |     Templ     | Force | Prob | NProb | CProb | RNG Checks Hit/Miss          
      groupJunk01         |               |  No   | 1.00 | 1.00  | 1.00  | 
      groupJunk02         |      low      |  Yes  | 0.20 | Force | Force | 
      groupJunk03         |    veryLow    |  Yes  | 0.05 | Force | Force | 
        Spawn Event 4 (type=SpawnAllFromList)
        Spawning ALL items from the list below; Force-prob items will get RNG checks
        groupJunk01         |               |  No   | 1.00 | 1.00  | 1.00  | Automatic due to count=All
        groupJunk02         |      low      |  Yes  | 0.20 | Force | Force | MISS (0.72)
        groupJunk03         |    veryLow    |  Yes  | 0.05 | Force | Force | MISS (0.38)

On 3/4/2022 at 3:05 AM, POCKET951 said:

First I will say I don't play super long games.  I tend to restart long before I get super high loot stage.  

With taht said, I am almost always the trader within my group(and of course solo).    Anvils and Bellows seem to be very cyclical in showing up(ie, fairly random).  Sometimes I get 1 or 2 at multiple traders within a trader cycle and other times can skip 2-5 trader cycles without seeing a single one.   At least in the first 60 days or so, these are two of the number of items I ALWAYS pick up when I see them because they are semi rare (except when they are not).   Im too lazy to check the xml files to see how exactly they are group, I just know I always get them from traders when I see them vs many other items I might like to have until I have at least 8-10 of each(and yes by the time I am ready to start over I have that many forges).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 4:38 AM, RipClaw said:

The trader seems to be your best bet. I searched all other sources you mentioned and bought the schematic from the trader in the end.

What I additionally checked were POIs with many working stiff, construction site or pass and gas crates.

does the trader actually sell the schematic? I have never seen them sell it

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

It is rare but yes every now and then he sells the schematics.

Based on the fact that I am over lootstage 300 the trader is looking like my only hope.

Seems I'm far beyond finding it in any schematic container.