Big city- same old poi's (repating jobs)

howard_e_frogge

I have the same problem on my pregen8k map. In my city I know there are lots of tier 2 and 3 pois I simply never ever get quest for. Not sure if it's programming or rng thing but despite all the quest I've done there I always end up in the same handful of pois and I've never gotten the bookstores which I have gotten from other traders in different cities.

I'm not sure what the priority for populating the quest list is but I would appreciate the ability to re-roll a traders quest list.

I also wouldn't mind an expanded quest list to 10-15 quest, but you are only limited to completing 5 of each tier of quest a day

Do all PoIs have the possibility of giving a quest or just certain ones? I definitely have gotten stuck doing the same locations over and over even on my latest map where I was parked at the intersection of 3 cities. Between my last two games where I did quests on different maps I must have cleared Zelekt (restaurant_01) like 7 times, including 2 quests in a row yesterday. Not that I entirely minded because Zelekt is super quick, super easy, and gives great loot. Part of why it's super easy is that the boss room enemies get stuck on a railing and can't attack you, of course...

I think most PoIs are tier 1 and 2 though so I probably blaze through them and then there is a smaller pool of T3 and T4 to choose from, resulting in fewer quest options.

All POIs are ranked as t1, t2, t3, t4, and t5 but not all are flagged as questable. If you start taking quests from a different trader in a different city hopefully you would get a different mix of POI's from your first trader. @Laz Man would know whether any some or most of the POI's not currently tagged for quests will someday get those hooks. If the plan is to make more of the existing POI's part of the quest network then I'm sure we will see better diversity as time goes on.

For A20, POIs repeating for quests was improved but there are still some cases of repeats.  I believe in A19, repeats were even worse (especially when logging off of the game and continuing later).  Hopefully this will be improved further.  Personally, I have been working around the issue by crossing off POIs I have completed on my map just in case I forget if I have already quested it or not.

As far as non questable POIs are concerned, there are many remnants and tile specific POIs (food trucks, food stands, etc.)  scattered across the world.  These were specifically designed to not be questable so they are unlikely to become questable later on.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Roland said:

All POIs are ranked as t1, t2, t3, t4, and t5 but not all are flagged as questable. If you start taking quests from a different trader in a different city hopefully you would get a different mix of POI's from your first trader. @Laz Man would know whether any some or most of the POI's not currently tagged for quests will someday get those hooks. If the plan is to make more of the existing POI's part of the quest network then I'm sure we will see better diversity as time goes on.

The Bookstore Poi's  (Store_book_01 and Store_book_02) are both questable tier 2 and 3 quest.  every time I check the traders tier 3 quest, the bookstore, despite being a questable POI in that city NEVER, EVER gets selected as an available quest. it seems like I am always getting the same 5-8 closest  tier 3 poi's over and over and over again

they are flagged as questable, I have quested them before. There quest just doesn't  ever get offered.

which is why I wouldn't mind having some kind of solution to shuffle quest or implement a weighting system that keep track  of how many times you have quested a particular POI, therefore incredibly decreasing the weighting of that POI appearing to be quested again untill you have done alot more different POI's

theoretically through the trader in said city I should be able to quest the majority, if not all of the quest-able POIS in a city.

However that just seems nearly impossible with how quest are currently offered because they are all from the same subset of a particular group of PoIs 95% of the time

here is a town in the Pregen 8k

image.thumb.png.58cb8bbe685da73427d799044b806b97.png

Of all the tier 1-4 quest that I have done in this town, 95% of those locations appear in that red box close to the trader
I have very little recollection of ever seeing any quest that sent me to a  POI that was at the south edge of the town or in the middle

I understand that it often selects the closest Pois, but I want to be able to quest some of the farther away buildings in the same city. There is so much there that I never get quest for and I wish I could quest most of this city.

I haven't done any 'testing' yet but I am sure if I talked to the trader everyday and accepted and canceled all his quest (putting a tally of X's on all the buildings where the  quest were). I hypothesize that THE majority of those buildings would be in that red square with occasional fringe Poi's outside that box.

one thing to note is that I have entirely skipped restore power quest all together because of there sheer inconvenience, and also the fact that they are not rewarding enough for there difficulty

Can we get more diversity among the questable Pois @Laz Man

what could that solution look like?

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

On 2/22/2022 at 2:46 PM, howard_e_frogge said:

I am on a generated map and the trader keeps giving me the same poi jobs even though there are many unexplored poi's. Is that just how mafia works or what? Happens on all job levels.

I guess I just have to write the poi name down if I want to avoid repeated jobs and just loot the others myself.

You can always opt into doing POI's that aren't on the trader job list.

For instance, I raid farms simply because they have seeds and decent loot.  I hit the laundromats when I need clothes and cloth.  I frequently raid gas stations for early game vehicle parts.

In short, you don't need a trader to lead you around a city. 

11 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

You can always opt into doing POI's that aren't on the trader job list.

For instance, I raid farms simply because they have seeds and decent loot.  I hit the laundromats when I need clothes and cloth.  I frequently raid gas stations for early game vehicle parts.

In short, you don't need a trader to lead you around a city. 

Your correct with this about not needing the trader to lead you around but I think he is a little confused as to why 2 bookstores are questable but the game refuses to give him the other one which used to be awful back I'm a17 but I do admit it's much better now some more questable poi tags and we're good 

Stupid question.. but if you want to quest a different building than you are getting, why not just go loot it? You still get the challenge and the loot. 

All you're missing is the reward from the trader right?  I don't k ow how important theh even are. At day 100 I have everything except the solar panels and I'm sitting on almost 300k Dukes. 

What will I gain by doing more quests? I am currently at the beginning g of lvl2 quests lol   

On day 100 you probably have nothing to gain by doing quests. But if you were tackling them from day 1 you'd be decked out with Q6 top-tier gear two weeks into the game, when your loot stage is still at the point of barely giving you Q2 iron weapons. You also get a bike, bundles of vehicle parts, and from T5 missions you can get 500 steel blocks- enough to build an entire steel base from scratch before the blood moon is even throwing ferals at you.

Basically, traders make looting obsolete.

To be fair, I actually enjoy the game more when I'm ignoring traders entirely, because you get a much more natural progression, good drops are actually rare and exciting, and as noted, you actually get to experience more PoIs this way and see more of the game. But, it is hard to refuse the siren call of easy, overpowered quest rewards, and the feeling of progress that comes with completing a quest tier.