update with out notice.

lil_joha

server updated to 20.3 (b3) but I found no notice of it and cant seem to get my client to update.  I have it set to BETA None ***Correction.. It started when going to Experamental. **

I would still like to been able to get the notice of an update Before its pushed out.

The Steam "betas" interface is weird, especially when used with a game like 7D2D which releases experimentals frequently.

Unless you select a specific "beta" from the list - i.e. 20.2 Stable - the game will automatically update to the latest version which matches your setting, either "None" or "Latest Experimental". If you choose "None", you will automatically be updated to the latest stable release. If you choose "Latest Experimental" then that's what you'll get.

I just tried "Latest Experimental" for my client and I got 20.3 (b3). So it's available now.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

I just tried "Latest Experimental" for my client and I got 20.3 (b3). So it's available now.

Strange. @Hated has not published a changelog. Normally this is done at the same time as the new version.

Maybe it's an internal test version that accidentally ended up in the experimental branch.

49 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Strange. @Hated has not published a changelog. Normally this is done at the same time as the new version.

Maybe it's an internal test version that accidentally ended up in the experimental branch.

I weirdly was thinking same thing...if so, bonus lol

You can set it so Steam doesn't automatically update games.  It requires actually doing a little bit of work in the settings menu.

Don't have it in front of me so can't walk it through, but I will try to remember to do that when I get home today (if someone doesn't beat me to it).

This is not the normal procedure. 20.3 was a hotfix for Twitch integration that also included credentials the game needed to continue the feature on Twitch and the deadline (on Twitch's end) caught them by surprise. The update had been planned for Wednesday with an announcement but because of Twitch's deadline they had to go experimental in the morning and then stable a few hours afterward.

Why it took so long to post the changelog here in the forum, I don't know. The explanation was given in the patch notes link on Steam's download interface for the game.

They hope to have 20.4 ready for experimental by the end of this week which you can opt into at your leisure and won't be automatically updated.

We are sorry for any inconvenience the sudden update caused to servers and the general confusion it caused for everyone.

To limit updates, you can do the following:

Click on the game in your library and pull up properties, then select updates

image.png.e82ad16ba9903d08f74d0872698976f3.png

For automatic, select Only Update this game when I launch it.

This way you control the updates.  Then if you are about to join a game, it will notify you that it has to update the game prior to running.  You should then cancel the update and then go into Betas and manually select the one you want to stay at. 

Note:  You cannot stay at None or Latest experimental, but force the game not to update.  It won't allow you to play the game until it updates.

does not help if the Server company you use does auto updates.  But I did get over it.   Just that was my first solo into Skyrise 02 quest level 5.  And I was doing sooo good

it locked up the quest so I had to Drop it and go back and wait till it came around again to try again.