Tactical Weapons A20

ViperInfinity

On 2/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, Dagger Digwillow said:

I think from the comments I know the answer to this question but does this place the items into the loot list so that when scavenging the world there is a chance to find these items or can I only get them at the workbench?

It does. Schematics are a @%$# to find but the firearms are scattered throughout in semi-appropriate loot level lists. Be careful if you have a loot overhaul mod like Dajoor's Loot Overhaul (great modlet, btw) because I've found, in practice, it makes finding mod-added items sometimes a bit more difficult to find in favor of vanilla ones. RNGods preciding.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:59 AM, Dagger Digwillow said:

I think from the comments I know the answer to this question but does this place the items into the loot list so that when scavenging the world there is a chance to find these items or can I only get them at the workbench?

Can find in world either items or schematics and can craft them once unlocked, nothing is unlocked through perks I dont think (which is good!).

Edit, I could be wrong about this actually I've not managed to build the workbench yet, too busy testing other stuff...  You could get them all without schematics once the workbench is up and running, someone else will have to confirm.

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

using the mod with Rebirth overhaul.  how do i repair weapon in tactical? like the colt, i see the icon but i can't find the repair kit anywhere to figure out how to craft it.

thanks for mod, so far only saw 2 weapons, colt and a sniper rifle (which disappeared when i died..bummer)

edit: nm, found out rebirth has separate repair kits so prob gotta edit the repair kits in this mod to that for it to be compatible.

Edited by HYper (see edit history)

Hi Viper could you please share the way you animate these weapons? I'm currently following the tutorial in this forum which uses an animator, however when player stats affecting animation speed change, weapon animation will lose sync with player animation. Eagerly looking forward to a better way!

Thanks so much for carrying the torch for this mod-It's always been my must have weapons addition.

As always stuff is out there to be used/tested and I have a couple of observations..

- Not sure if intended but can't add rifle supressor to the AWP sniper rifle.

-Using Lam's increased mod slots crafted weapons are 1 short in slots. Could be cosmetic slot is included in the total - not sure which modlet to try and tweak.

Cheers

Enclosed is an example of what my optics look like. I know it's not the mod - it's me - but if anyone has any clue as to why this is (or better yet, how I can correct it) I would greatly appreciate it.

Background: When I ran Windows, optics work fine. It's only on when I play the game on Linux that I get this weird texture problem on optics. I've messed with turning AA and occlusion on/off and nothing. So I'm stumped. I know Linux is low on totem pole in terms of troubleshooting but if there's a wizard out there that can help, I would greatly greatly appreciate it.

pink-optic-of-death.jpg

Edited by wokkawokka (see edit history)

On 2/12/2022 at 3:48 AM, closer_ex said:

Hi Viper could you please share the way you animate these weapons? I'm currently following the tutorial in this forum which uses an animator, however when player stats affecting animation speed change, weapon animation will lose sync with player animation. Eagerly looking forward to a better way!

Sure thing! I have attached the animation screen for the KSV. You must have an idle animation, reload animation, fire animation, and a holster animation. This little guide assumes you have animation controllers up and running.

Parameters: WeaponFire, Reload, ReloadSpeed

Idle Animation: can leave blank

Holster animation: Identical to the Idle Animation

Fire animation: The arrow going from idle to fire needs to have a condition added for WeaponFire

Reload animation: The arrow going from idle to reload needs to have a condition added for Reload, no exit time. The arrow going from reload to idle needs to have an exit time and no condition. The Reload block needs to have ReloadSpeed as an activated parameter. That is what controls the reload speed animation and can be affected by the base game.

694384224_Screenshot2022-02-15083449.thumb.jpg.4b007788ee39299731e4c1730667e34c.jpg

Next patch going to be wild ;)

All laser sights no longer get amplified if wearing helmet light mod and a laser+flashlight combo mod.
Added missing mods to appropriate guns (second pass)
Beretta93R now has a muzzle flash
All pistols, shotguns, and SMG's have a proper layer assigned 
All pistols, shotguns, and SMG's have their sights, lasers, and scopes aligned. (quality pass 1)
S686 Shotgun has a better reload animation
SPAS12 animations no longer slugish
Saiga12K no longer ejects two shells per shot
UMP reload animation is cleaned up

On 2/12/2022 at 6:41 PM, Chunkimunki said:

Thanks so much for carrying the torch for this mod-It's always been my must have weapons addition.

As always stuff is out there to be used/tested and I have a couple of observations..

- Not sure if intended but can't add rifle supressor to the AWP sniper rifle.

-Using Lam's increased mod slots crafted weapons are 1 short in slots. Could be cosmetic slot is included in the total - not sure which modlet to try and tweak.

Cheers

Sorted the mod slots issue - just renamed the modlet to load after Tactical Weapons

On 2/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, wokkawokka said:

Enclosed is an example of what my optics look like. I know it's not the mod - it's me - but if anyone has any clue as to why this is (or better yet, how I can correct it) I would greatly appreciate it.

Background: When I ran Windows, optics work fine. It's only on when I play the game on Linux that I get this weird texture problem on optics. I've messed with turning AA and occlusion on/off and nothing. So I'm stumped. I know Linux is low on totem pole in terms of troubleshooting but if there's a wizard out there that can help, I would greatly greatly appreciate it.

pink-optic-of-death.jpg

Usually I see that pink color when a shader/asset/resource was not compiled (by the modder) "for all platforms" and was compiled for Windows only. I've seen it with multiple mods, and Tactical Action when I first tried it a long time ago when it had the ?sunflowers? and other plants in it, before all the non-gun content was removed). I'm not 100% sure how this is done in Unity, except the latest/newest (since maybe 2020/21?) "Export asset bundle" Unity Script by xyth should export assets for all platforms. Its in his Unity tutorial project.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

7 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Usually I see that pink color when a shader/asset/resource was not compiled (by the modder) "for all platforms" and was compiled for Windows only. I've seen it with multiple mods, and Tactical Action when I first tried it a long time ago when it had the ?sunflowers? and other plants in it, before all the non-gun content was removed). I'm not 100% sure how this is done in Unity, except the latest/newest (since maybe 2020/21?) "Export asset bundle" Unity Script by xyth should export assets for all platforms. Its in his Unity tutorial project.

You, sir, are a wizard. Okay. I'll make an effort to see if this is something I can correct.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:38 PM, doughphunghus said:

Oh dang, thats really good to know. I will look into it!

On 2/16/2022 at 5:18 AM, dujinyuan said:

hey .My weapon is no sound. well.At least some of those no sound ....What happen?Noone notice that?

Are you the same person who has been saying this on every mod forum without explaining whats going on?... As far as I know no one else has had this issue. Please verify your game files via steam. Once that is complete then delete everything in your mod folder and reinstall the mod. Let me know how that turns out.

I'm not sure if this a feature or bug, but very often, if I open a safe on the map, I will only get maybe 4 .44 magnum bullet, or a couple of arrows and nothing else, is this able to be changed somehow so that I can get other things except for a bit of unneccesary ammo?

6 minutes ago, Draconic said:

I'm not sure if this a feature or bug, but very often, if I open a safe on the map, I will only get maybe 4 .44 magnum bullet, or a couple of arrows and nothing else, is this able to be changed somehow so that I can get other things except for a bit of unneccesary ammo?

This mod does not have .44 ammo I don't think, do you mean 45 ACP?

Looking at the loot.xml I can't see anything obvious in there, nothing about 44 ammo and all the ammo related stuff just seems to be appending to existing groups rather than overwriting.

How many safes have you opened?  I always get @%$#, even in vanilla lol.

1 minute ago, MikeyUK said:

This mod does not have .44 ammo I don't think, do you mean 45 ACP?

Looking at the loot.xml I can't see anything obvious in there, nothing about 44 ammo and all the ammo related stuff just seems to be appending to existing groups rather than overwriting.

How many safes have you opened?  I always get @%$#, even in vanilla lol.

Fair, i have opened quite alot, im in game rn so i can go find a safe and send a pic of what was inside it

Just now, Draconic said:

Fair, i have opened quite alot, im in game rn so i can go find a safe and send a pic of what was inside it

never mind, i can't find how to insert a picture lol, i've never used this forum before

1 minute ago, Draconic said:

never mind, i can't find how to insert a picture lol, i've never used this forum before

if I remember its also lootbag that are the same

6 minutes ago, Draconic said:

if I remember its also lootbag that are the same

Screenshots are easy, press F9 in game, go to the 7Days\Screenshots directory and just click and drag the JPG into your reply, it should attach it.

Failing that just press your keyboards PrtSc (PrintScreen) button when ingame (above your arrow keys at the top!) and then hit CTRL-V into a reply on here and it will paste your screen.

** EDIT - It could also be another mod, try just having this mod installed to see if its still an issue :)

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

Just now, MikeyUK said:

Screenshots are easy, press F9 in game, go to the 7Days\Screenshots directory and just click and drag the JPG into your reply, it should attach it.

Failing that just press your keyboards PrtSc (PrintScreen) button when ingame (above your arrow keys at the top!) and then hit CTRL-V into a reply on here and it will paste your screen.

I tried using the window+shift+s and then ctrl-v but it didn't work

4 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

Pretty sure that was not an option I gave ;)  that is snipping tool and wont work in games obviously!

I've done the f9 and gone to my screenshots directory, tried drag and dropping and control c and then v, both didn't work

Just now, Draconic said:

I've done the f9 and gone to my screenshots directory, tried drag and dropping and control c and then v, both didn't work

I did control rightclick then paste, said my browser didn't support this kind of pasting or something (using chrome) so idk lol

37 minutes ago, Draconic said:

I did control rightclick then paste, said my browser didn't support this kind of pasting or something (using chrome) so idk lol

This was a different mod that was causing the issue, so this isn't actually a bug, my bad lol

• 2 weeks later...